Best of Super Eurobeat 2013: 223

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

Best Song of SEB 223

Poll ended at 10 Dec 2013, 09:26

Dave Rodgers - Into The Sunrise
8%
Belight - Tonight In Paradise
8%
David Dima - Heart's On Fire
No votes
Megan - Walking Alone In London
8%
Nuage - Crazy Little Love
17%
Powerful T. - Magic Car
No votes
Mickey B. - Miss You
No votes
Lilly - Make Me Wonder
8%
Rich Hard - Blue
8%
Stephy Martin - Flying Free
No votes
Baby Gold - Amazing Love
No votes
Boris - Ringtone
8%
Leslie Parrish - Overjoy
No votes
Les - Tearful Eyes
8%
Tanith & Dark Evil - Welcome To The Show
25%

Total votes: 12

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Best of Super Eurobeat 2013: 223

Post by Darkholme » 03 Dec 2013, 09:26

Another week, another poll!

Kaioh eventually took home the prize, and we now have two GGM tracks headed for the finals!

Who will win the battle of SEB 223? Has the risky Welcome To The Show stolen the hearts of fans or will Sinclaire Style's two explosive entries Walking Alone In London and Tearful Eyes be too much to resist? Or will one of the other heavy hitters on this album provide a worthy challenge?

Personally, it was a battle between Megan and Les, but in the end Megan stood undefeated!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Dec 2013, 11:59

This album is actually quite difficult for me because there are a LOT of tracks here that I love (there are some serious low points as well, but the standouts make the CD worth it). By a sliver, I ended up voting for Make Me Wonder because it has the most dynamic and well-rounded musical progression, as well as a particularly catchy synthline. However, Flying Free, Into the Sunrise, and even Miss You and Amazing Love are all very close runners-up.

I probably would've listened to the Russian-influenced Ringtone way more, had it not been released in the midst of Russia's anti-gay propaganda bill controversy. I know the song itself has nothing to do with the issue, and it's very unfair to generalize Russia as being homophobic in general, but I still felt reminded of the depressing reality for many Russians that the media had so publicized during this period every time I listened to the track, making it harder for me to enjoy.
ImageImage

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 03 Dec 2013, 18:08

In my opinion the best SEB this year (or 226, it still didn't arrive...), there are many songs I like/love, however, with huge advance my personal winner is Blue - because of over 160 playings in my iTunes library.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 03 Dec 2013, 18:27

I really liked 223, it was pretty solid overall except some tracks that I just skip.

Nothing on 223 could've prepared me for 224, though.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 03 Dec 2013, 19:38

I love the Belight song. It's so cheerful~

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Dec 2013, 01:58

Sinclaire took the honours on this disc. One song in particular; the beautiful SpeedyAgreshu(agressive and aishu),Tearful Eyes, is still on my weekly Eurobeat list. Les is probobly my new favourite Eurobeat artist. beautiful vocal work reminding me of the immortal Elena Feretti.

This disc is one of the years best. A;lmost all the songs were equally memorABLE.

Heart's On Fire
Walking Alone In London
Blue
Make Me Wonder
Amazing Love
Into The Sunrise
Overjoy
Ring Tone

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 04 Dec 2013, 03:39

Welcome to the Show....

It was a nice blend of eurobeat and hyper techno that we haven't heard of outside of remixes before. Outside of eurobeat, I love hyper techno so it was refreshing to hear something so unique on SEB. I feel that a lot of people disliked this song in the same way people hated Renoir's song when it came out years ago because it felt so out of place, but we can't hate the studios for experimenting with genre blending.

I remember somebody trying to make the argument that SCP doesn't push the proverbial envelope, but this is clearly an example of how they do that. They were the studio to bring techno and trancey vibes into eurobeat (Dancin' Alone, anyone?).

---
Other contenders I pondered for the top spot would be the SCPxGGM trancey snyth production "Crazy Little Love", the kiddish Kiki and Co.-esque "Tonight in Paradise", and the dramatic aishu "Tearful Eyes" by Les. I just had to give the top spot to Welcome to the Show for its unique feel.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 04 Dec 2013, 08:28

Welcome To The Show all the way! Tearful Eyes is a close second though. Then, in 3rd, Into The Sunrise.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 04 Dec 2013, 09:17

Welcome to the Show is seriously winning this?
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Dec 2013, 10:09

My fight was between Welcome To The Show, Walking Alone In London and Crazy Little Love. Nuage won in the end, the song was great when I heard it first but by time it has gotten even better. Denise r0cks!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Dec 2013, 21:44

12 votes in all. It only took "Welcome To The Show" three votes to win. We seriously needed more participants. :???: