The big ladies of eurobeat

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

Eurobeat Girls

Alessandra Mirka Gatti
17%
Clara Moroni
50%
Elena Ferretti
7%
Elena Gobbi
26%

Total votes: 42

Bore
Founder

The big ladies of eurobeat

Post by Bore » 11 Mar 2005, 10:53

We all know the 4 big female names in the eurobeat business. And we all also have our favorites among these incredible women who never seize to amaze us with new and addictive songs. These four ladies have been around the longest and also presented us with the biggest amount of songs.

So who do you go for?

Alessandra Mirka Gatti - Domino, Mirka, Go Go Girls...
Clara Moroni - Cherry, Vicky Vale, Angie Davies...
Elena Ferretti - Helena, Sophie, Alexis...
Elena Gobbi - Virginelle, Roxanne, Lolita...

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 11 Mar 2005, 11:15

If i had to choose, then Alessandra Mirka Gatti.
But none of those is my favorite.
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Mar 2005, 06:06

Out of those, hands down Elena Gobbi.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

masamoto
Bad Bad Bad

Post by masamoto » 24 Aug 2006, 03:10

Ohhhh NO....
DEFINITELY Clara Moroni is the best of the bunch. She has more songs than anyone... more aliases... and has also been around the longest. Clara also is PR & Co Owner of my most favorite label... DELTA!!! I believ that she is also the only one with rock albums out! Moroni defined eurobeat for years with eary names like Vanessa and did very early work with Farina, Crivellente, Maiolioni, Rimonti etc. You could say she is one who mad eurobeat what it is today.. GO CLARA!!!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 24 Aug 2006, 03:12

It was a tossup between Elena Gobbi and Clara Moroni for me, but Clara's just had so many amazing songs to her credit, I had to vote for her. Plus, seeing that live performance puts her over the top. :P
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Jion

Post by Jion » 24 Aug 2006, 05:16

I voted for Clara but mostly for her stuff from Time. Not to say that her songs with Delta are horrible, but I just found that the stuff she released on Time were more engaging than the stuff with Delta (though I have Eurobeat Kind of Love on repeat whenever I play it and Tic Toc as well)
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 24 Aug 2006, 08:51

I (obviously) vote for Alessandra. Though, it's not just because of her music, it's because her, as a person, is the best thing ever. So friendly, generous, and such a beautiful soul. =)

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 03 Oct 2006, 04:26

Elena Gobbi. I love pretty much every one of her songs. But as far as contributions to Eurobeat... Clara Moroni!
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Nov 2007, 08:50

I would say Elena Ferretti hands down, vecause she has stuck it out at TIME year after year. Give me a Sophie, Rose, Helena, Alexis, Vanessa, Sheila, Barbi Girl, Magyka, The list goes track on any day and I'm in Eurobeat heaven. Beautiful- Beautiful vocals :D

Clara is another fascinating vocalist who has sang some of my favorite trax at Saifam, TIME and High Energy label, but she left, so yeah Elena Ferretti all the way 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Nov 2007, 17:17

Clara Moroni undoubtedly, as most people voted. Similar to Elena Ferretti, she's done an enormous amount of songs in the past, but she's a lot more diverse and tallented in my opinion. Alessandra's songs are also fantastic, but she hasn't contributed nearly as much as Clara has to the eurobeat scene in terms of providing vocals.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Nov 2007, 23:21

Nice to see Clara is kicking some major butt. OLD SKOOL forever!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 09 Nov 2015, 02:21

Alessandra Gatti - even was the wife of Dave Rodgers and actually the second representative “public face” of 90s Eurobeat with him, she didn’t sing really a huge number of tracks, because had many other jobs in A.Beat-C. Finally it's better, easier to rate each of her productions. Charming, warm tone of the voice, perfect.

Clara Moroni – she sings so long, that for one is the queen of Italo Disco, for others the queen of Eurobeat, probably because she still creates for Delta, the longest time for the one label so constantly is attributed to her Cherry name. But what’s too much, it isn’t good. Can get an impression, that she sang over and over, every second one track in Time Records and Delta in some period. This can be very boring, monotonous, having a lot of projects. I believe these labels had rather bigger possibilities to hire differential staff, but they decided they not need, simply and cheap. Today I feel, that her long and big popularity results for addition from her specific temperament, which like especially male fans, everybody knows, what kind of pictures she shares on the web. Of course she has a good voice and without her Eurobeat would be poor.

Elena Ferretti – surely was hard to make a worse or just any wilder song by her angelic voice. Thanks to her, longer time was maintained “Italo” climate in the Eurobeat music.

Elena Gobbi – also participated in the main projects, more when she replaced Annerley Gordon. Next professional singer, the pride of Eurobeat, what she could do with the voice without any hardware corrections you can listen.

About to… Where is Annerley Gordon in this summary? The artist, which sang beside worldwide stars at Avex Trax Rave ’94 as one of “A.Beat-C. All Stars”? And I think Karen Jane Wainwright deserves too, to be mentioned as a great name.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 09 Nov 2015, 02:40

Elena Gobbi! Her tracks (even the Go Go Girls' additions) gave eurobeat its saccharine, sugary image. Anynight Anyday was one of the first eurobeat tracks I've ever heard. Her voice has always soared above others on power; I don't think any other vocalist can shout louder than her (maybe Bazooka Girl?) She has been a staple of eurobeat throughout the 90s and 2000s.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Nov 2015, 04:41

How about none of them? Where's Stefania Martin? The one behind Mari-San (name escapes me)? Pamsy (name escapes me AGAIN)? Kaory (even though she's recent)?

I know this poll is ooooooooooooooooooold but still.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 09 Nov 2015, 17:49

Lebon14 wrote:How about none of them? Where's Stefania Martin? The one behind Mari-San (name escapes me)? Pamsy (name escapes me AGAIN)? Kaory (even though she's recent)?

I know this poll is ooooooooooooooooooold but still.
For the genre as a whole, these 4 ladies are probably the most well-known (although you could mention Norma) across its history.