Avex executives and eurobeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Avex executives and eurobeat

Post by Bore » 03 Aug 2004, 18:42

Okay, I heard today a few news regarding Avex's status and what's been going on there. Apparently Ayumi Hamasaki and a few of the executives at Avex resigned due to various reasons (that all say that Avex sucks). And well apparently the other guy who resigned was the person who signed Dave Rodgers and other eurobeat names on the label, so the future and the whole situation with SEB and such is kind of confusing at the moment. Well anyways the Avex's SEB site has been renewed rather completely, so let's hope that the move the executives did had an effect in the status of Eurobeat at Avex...

But after the resignation it wasn't that long until the executives were re-signed back to the label, and as they resigned due to the fact that the publicity and other issues at avex were not good, maybe the fact that they are back means that there'll be a better situation for SEB in the future.

If anybody can enlighten me and others about how things are going it'd be nice to know more about the situation.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Aug 2004, 00:32

Dunno about the situation, but the SEB site renewal is really nice. A Parapara section that is coming soon.... I think I'm getting exited. Also the new 150 info is starting to get me more interested in getting it.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Aug 2004, 01:45

Yeah, I heard that Ayumi Hamasaki left Avex from my friend Dom, yesterday ^^ That sucks.

I love the revamped Eurobeat website, it looks kewl

Spacemonkey*
Euro To B

Post by Spacemonkey* » 04 Aug 2004, 15:46

Nine wrote:Yeah, I heard that Ayumi Hamasaki left Avex from my friend Dom, yesterday ^^ That sucks.

I love the revamped Eurobeat website, it looks kewl
no, No she's not leavin'
News was wrong ^-^
beep?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Aug 2004, 16:26

she isn't? uh the rumors aren't to be trusted, next somebody says that there was no such thing as executives resigning.

Spacemonkey*
Euro To B

Post by Spacemonkey* » 04 Aug 2004, 18:13

Latest news.. from ayunite! forum

As noted on the Japan Ayu BBS and this site http://www.avex.co.jp/j_site/press/2005 ... 40803.html, it seems that Max decided to return to Avex, meaning that Ayu and the other Avex artists won't be going anywhere.
beep?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Aug 2004, 19:23

Ah yeah I saw that page actually, but I never bothered to translate it, as my friend just said the part about Max... and that's what caught my attention (as I still am not the biggest Ayumi fan)

Chan Ho Nam
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Chan Ho Nam » 05 Aug 2004, 08:25

Yup, Ayumi isn't leaving lthough if Max didn't come back, she might of. Anyway, president of Avex has apparently resigned, with former executive director Kobayashi Toshio taking over.

Sup Bore, it's me Candified here :D