Does too much Eurobeat in a day wear YOU out?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 11 Nov 2006, 02:15

I only get tired of listening to Eurobeat as a genre, unfortunately. Even I need some change every once in a while... (that's when I switch it up to Oingo Boingo, dcTalk, Danny Elfman scores, and as of November and December, Mannheim Steamroller)

But for the most part, Eurobeat doesn't wear me down in the mental sense at all. If anything, it energizes it. Maybe if I listened to it for 24 hours straight, it might wear me down...

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 11 Nov 2006, 05:15

Svenyip wrote:Common sense, and completely the opposite of the way I end up living my life. :lol: I find something I like, I saturate myself in it. I've never been good at moderation. Small wonder why most of my hobbies only last about a year.
You and me both. I could listen to EB for 24 hours straight and I've been with it since SEB 50 or maybe even earlier.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 11 Nov 2006, 06:19

I could go about a month with just listening to Eurobeat, but sometimes I do get sick of listening to it 24/7.

Other than eurobeat I've been listening to Norah Jones, Smoke City, Joshua Radin and etc.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 11 Nov 2006, 17:56

I listen to plenty of eurobeat. I also listen to a lot of 80's Pop and Rock, along with Latino. My Latino collection has been growing a lot recently. I have a lot of music [mp3s] and CDs of random genres...

I listen to eurobeat the most, but not constantly.
Last edited by Sadie on 11 Nov 2006, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 11 Nov 2006, 18:45

I dunno I very very rarely get times when I listen to music that ain't really my normal style. But that only happens like once or twice a year. The rest of the time I could probably soak up myself with eurobeat nonstop and not be bored.
What I do get bored with is repeting certain songs over and over, but considering that the genre is rather vast it's not usually a problem. I get bored with one song and discover some other song I haven't been listening for a while and fall in love again.

Got these weird cycles that go round and round all the time. For 5 years now I've been extremely fond of My Bandido, Think Of You and Spies In The Space. When I "discover" the songs again I keep nonstop listening to them, then get bored after a while and then sometime into the future again bump into them on my playlist and everytime get the feeling "I never remembered this was THIS good!"

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 11 Nov 2006, 21:04

Bore wrote:then get bored after a while and then sometime into the future again bump into them on my playlist and everytime get the feeling "I never remembered this was THIS good!"
I can relate all too well on this note. Recently it's been happening with me and a lot of Time tracks...

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 11 Nov 2006, 23:56

Usually if I don't feel like listening to eurobeat, I realize I don't really HAVE much else. Everything else is still pretty happy, upbeat music. Like, I'll be in a down mood, want to play something angsty, and I'll look at my music collection, and just be, "Ah, screw it, I'll just play Right Now over and over and over and over and over."

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 12 Nov 2006, 05:57

Mikaeru wrote:Usually if I don't feel like listening to eurobeat, I realize I don't really HAVE much else. Everything else is still pretty happy, upbeat music. Like, I'll be in a down mood, want to play something angsty, and I'll look at my music collection, and just be, "Ah, screw it, I'll just play Right Now over and over and over and over and over."
That's what I've got some Disturbed on my computer for, as well as some Slayer, some Killswitch Engaged, and Children Of Bodom. :D

*headbangs to Stupify at max volume*

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 12 Nov 2006, 09:36

Mikaeru wrote:Usually if I don't feel like listening to eurobeat, I realize I don't really HAVE much else. Everything else is still pretty happy, upbeat music. Like, I'll be in a down mood, want to play something angsty, and I'll look at my music collection, and just be, "Ah, screw it, I'll just play Right Now over and over and over and over and over."
Quoted. Pretty much the same thing for me. All of the non eurobeat music is either dancepoop/eurodance or something related to eb anyways. Very few 'dark' songs in general, but none the less good to have at least a few around.

Svenyip
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Svenyip » 12 Nov 2006, 13:43

Bore wrote:Quoted. Pretty much the same thing for me. All of the non eurobeat music is either dancepop/eurodance or something related to eb anyways. Very few 'dark' songs in general, but none the less good to have at least a few around.
Nodnod. I have my own fair share of 'dark' tunes around the place, but through Eurobeat I'm discovering that it's more the ENERGY behind the tunes that I need. I can find it in "hate the world" tunes, but Eurobeat's probably a healthier alternative.

Sounds like a late-night TV commercial: "4 out of 5 doctors recommend Eurobeat for their patients who listen to speedy music. Eurobeat! The Healthy Choice." :wink:
--- Svenyip, Treader of The Dawn

Sun Field
Euro To B

Post by Sun Field » 13 Nov 2006, 03:33

Svenyip, fellow IIDX player! (I'm dj PLSURE)

anyway, I totally agree with you on this. Eurobeat by nature is the kind of music that will just tire your brain out... probably because of the constant repetitive drum beats in the background.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 13 Nov 2006, 06:59

I can't listen to music that doesn't have a lot of force and power behind it, so Movie soundtracks, REALLY heavy metal, and Eurobeat does it for me.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 13 Nov 2006, 15:35

Wataru Akiyama wrote:I can't listen to music that doesn't have a lot of force and power behind it, so Movie soundtracks, REALLY heavy metal, and Eurobeat does it for me.
That kind of music, I'd say, would be described as BOMBASTIC. Maybe Ludwig von Beethoven is an option for you later in life :P
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 14 Nov 2006, 01:52

Toni wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:I can't listen to music that doesn't have a lot of force and power behind it, so Movie soundtracks, REALLY heavy metal, and Eurobeat does it for me.
That kind of music, I'd say, would be described as BOMBASTIC. Maybe Ludwig von Beethoven is an option for you later in life :P
You may just be right, as I loved the 9th Symphony's renedition on the VIP STYLE SOUNDTRACKS MEGA EURO STAR album.

The first rule of VIP STYLE is that VIP must always be in all caps. XD

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Nov 2006, 20:48

Svenyip wrote:
Sounds like a late-night TV commercial: "4 out of 5 doctors recommend Eurobeat for their patients who listen to speedy music. Eurobeat! The Healthy Choice."
That's great! Might I add: Not to forget your daily dose of TIME music! :D