Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
-Speedy-
Euro To B

Post by -Speedy- » 15 Nov 2007, 19:03

I've bought some of the singles from junodownload and was surprised, that these tracks sound much better, than the same songs on Euromach CD's! It seems they have more sound details on center and side-stereo channels!. I wonder if someone else noticed that?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Nov 2007, 19:56

-Speedy-
I've bought some of the singles from junodownload and was surprised, that these tracks sound much better, than the same songs on Euromach CD's! It seems they have more sound details on center and side-stereo channels!. I wonder if someone else noticed that?

It could be ,because you are hearing them at a slower speed. You can really hear the different soundworlds a lot clearer than those Euromachs, because of slower bpm's. The ones on I-Tunes sound sound just as great 8)

EuroBoy
Bad Bad Bad

Post by EuroBoy » 15 Nov 2007, 20:57

euro up north wrote:This is the best news in years - and the instrumentals.....wonderful. I am as happy as a kid. And hopefully - hopefully, there will be relases of the songs i have been missing for so long time
Coulden´t agree more...these releases really made my week (and the rest of my life)!!!
Getting these tracks as Wav files are to good to be true :grin:

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 15 Nov 2007, 23:17

#Infinity wrote:
DJ Mike TJG wrote:262 Lilly / You Play A Wonderful Game
267 Tri-Star / Ikeike
283 Doll Sisters / Revolution
284 Mote Mote / Wow Tokyo
For a heads up, these are all availible on iTunes. At least they are over here.
I'm fully aware of that. I want them in WAV format and with all the acapella/instrumental/last-edit trimmings!

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 16 Nov 2007, 00:44

Four more tracks just got posted:

HRG 235: Lou-Lou Marina / You Are My Paradise
HRG 236: Jungle Bill / Laser Gun
HRG 237: Giorgia Barrows / Queen Of The Night
HRG 238: Leslie Hammond / Feel My Body & My Soul

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 16 Nov 2007, 05:07

DJ Mike TJG wrote:
#Infinity wrote:
DJ Mike TJG wrote:262 Lilly / You Play A Wonderful Game
267 Tri-Star / Ikeike
283 Doll Sisters / Revolution
284 Mote Mote / Wow Tokyo
For a heads up, these are all availible on iTunes. At least they are over here.
I'm fully aware of that. I want them in WAV format and with all the acapella/instrumental/last-edit trimmings!
Do you plan on making remixes and/or edits?

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Nov 2007, 05:12

Well since the requests seem to be pilling in... what about Starkly Ice - Take Me To Paradise? It seems someone is either telling HRG what we'd love to download or they're reading it themselves! hehe... I'd really like to buy the extended of that and Shake Me Up by Jungle Bill and Bad Girl by Jeff Driller.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Nov 2007, 07:15

This is definately what I would call a Hi- Energy Attack :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Nov 2007, 07:35

W00t! Queen Of The Night finally!

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 16 Nov 2007, 09:12

Densetsu13 wrote:Do you plan on making remixes and/or edits?
Ohhhhh yeah!

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 16 Nov 2007, 09:22

Jion wrote:Well since the requests seem to be pilling in... what about Starkly Ice - Take Me To Paradise? It seems someone is either telling HRG what we'd love to download or they're reading it themselves! hehe... I'd really like to buy the extended of that and Shake Me Up by Jungle Bill and Bad Girl by Jeff Driller.
So far they're releasing in catalogue order. If they keep up this pace, they're getting through 12-13 songs a week, which means Shake Me Up (HRG 256) may just see a release in the next couple of weeks. Bad Girl is up at HRG 311 so I'm not sure that'll be released for at least 7 weeks or so, assuming HRG don't speed up or slow down!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Nov 2007, 10:06

If this kind of service was provided by all of the labels I can't really say how poor I'd be... I'm definitely getting the best releases out of these and if other labels should follow, things would just seem even brighter.

Queen Of The Night extended is <3

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 16 Nov 2007, 15:13

Bore wrote:If this kind of service was provided by all of the labels I can't really say how poor I'd be... I'm definitely getting the best releases out of these and if other labels should follow, things would just seem even brighter.

It does seem like HRG have hit on to a winning formula going through Juno Download this way. The pricing is very well tiered - you can pay as little as £1.09 for a song (alright, a bit more than iTunes, perhaps), or £1.29 for better quality, or you can even go the whole hog (as I'm doing) and buy the entire set of versions for £5.99 in WAV quality.

OK, paying £5.99 a shot is seriously draining on the bank account, but in my books this is a fantastic opportunity for someone like me who really enjoys having material to make remixes, edits, megamixes, etc.

If the other labels followed suit in this way (and that includes releasing acapella/instrumentals), I'd be on Juno in a shot paying for WAV-quality releases of my favourite songs. I'd seriously love to put together megamixes with unusual twists on the songs (much as Avex does, though I prefer certain DJs' styles over others). Normal EB songs don't always mix together very well, but using acapellas and instrumentals you can really go all out and generate more "mix-friendly" versions of tracks.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 17 Nov 2007, 04:03

DJ Mike TJG wrote:
Bore wrote:If this kind of service was provided by all of the labels I can't really say how poor I'd be... I'm definitely getting the best releases out of these and if other labels should follow, things would just seem even brighter.

It does seem like HRG have hit on to a winning formula going through Juno Download this way. The pricing is very well tiered - you can pay as little as £1.09 for a song (alright, a bit more than iTunes, perhaps), or £1.29 for better quality, or you can even go the whole hog (as I'm doing) and buy the entire set of versions for £5.99 in WAV quality.

OK, paying £5.99 a shot is seriously draining on the bank account, but in my books this is a fantastic opportunity for someone like me who really enjoys having material to make remixes, edits, megamixes, etc.

If the other labels followed suit in this way (and that includes releasing acapella/instrumentals), I'd be on Juno in a shot paying for WAV-quality releases of my favourite songs. I'd seriously love to put together megamixes with unusual twists on the songs (much as Avex does, though I prefer certain DJs' styles over others). Normal EB songs don't always mix together very well, but using acapellas and instrumentals you can really go all out and generate more "mix-friendly" versions of tracks.
I think I'm in the minority these days, as I just don't like the stutter-step/stop-and-go effect that seems to be all over most megamixes, to the point where people expect them now... Its become old to me.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 17 Nov 2007, 13:08

KitsuneStar wrote:I think I'm in the minority these days, as I just don't like the stutter-step/stop-and-go effect that seems to be all over most megamixes, to the point where people expect them now... Its become old to me.
Actually, my mixing preference is more towards the segues that happen more gently, keep the rhythm going, and happen over 8-16 bars rather than dead quickly.

Euromach 10 Disc 1 is a great example of the kind of EB mixing I really like. SEB 180 Disc 1 is a great example of the king I really hate.