Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Nov 2008, 19:52

My favourite new tracks are:

From The Speed & The Furious

Jeff Driller - Fast Cars In My Dream (I adore the vocal melody progression and it has a classic simple yet highly effective structure)

Lou-Lou Marina - Formula One (I really like the bell effects that back-up the vocals and the "oh-oh-oh-oh" in the chorus. The synth hook is also awesome!)

Cy-Ro - Turbo Power (like #Infinity, I adore the synth hook in this one, but the vocal melody has enough interesting quirks to hold my interest as well...)

Black Eva - Wheels On Fire (that chorus melody is awesome, and the synth has great explosive power. The verse doesn't really hold my interest much however.)

From The Trailblazers

Jeff Driller - Bitter Rockets (the chord progression follows the classic Boom Boom Dollars pattern, and the title is just so left-field that it peaks my intrigue surrounding this track)

Mad Cow & The Nevshij Avenue Girls - Matrioska Niet Katiuska (it's actually been a while since we've heard an all-out Russian-themed track, but this is really cool with the accordion sound and the shouts during the hook)

Mad Cow - I Feel Like A Molotov (I'm mainly drawn to the hook in this one - the vocals sound a little weird, but it's another strong track overall by the sounds of the sample).

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 18 Nov 2008, 21:17

EurothunderNL wrote: (Only available as entire release)
That's terrible of HRG to do this. Why would I want to buy songs that I already have CD or have bought on mu-mo? Such a waste of money. I guess that's why it isn't on iTunes =/

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Nov 2008, 01:56

zoupzuop2
02. Baby Bazooka - Pagyaru [04:18]
That's hilarious. AVEX actually made a mistake on the trax list. We didn't get Mara Nell- Pagal, but Baby Bazooka's song instead.

Tiger
That's terrible of HRG to do this. Why would I want to buy songs that I already have CD or have bought on mu-mo? Such a waste of money. I guess that's why it isn't on iTunes =/
I wouldn't mind some of these appearing on future SEBs just to have them in Cd
Anyway cd format.ere we go again :grin:

From The Speed & The Furious

2. HRG 693 Jeff Driller - Fast Cars In My Dream - This is not your usual HRG Attack fare. There is a big difference in the melody. Franze even sounds a bit like in the 90's in the verses. The riff sounds like another song, but can't remeber wich one. First new MEGA track.
10/10

5. HRG 683 Lou-Lou Marina - Formula One- Another different sounding track, but it's this very thing I like about it. The chorus sounds tasty with its whoa whoa's What I really love is the riff that sounds for a male artist song.
9/10

6. HRG 721 Cy-Ro - Turbo Power- This is right up Claudio Magnani's alley, but sung by Nick- Probobly another one of my favorite new tracks. The chorus reminds me so much of something from a Rick castle song.
10+/10

8. HRG 630 Speed McQueen - Speed Control- I love the name Speed McQueen! Steve was all about racing movies. This sounds like a new vocalist and that bridge to the chorus is absolutley marvelous. This is my new Favourite song by HRG Attack. Sounds like they had a ball making it and the female hyper accompanyment sounds like a little sidekick.LOL!
10++++

9. HRG 748 Black Eva - Weels On Fire- I love this track so much. I still remember Space Rider. I was really anticipating this track cuz it sounded like aggressive female HRG and I was right!
10/10

11. HRG 679 Jeff Driller - Race Speed & Fire- Another track that is totally on FIRE! Jeff sounds like Luckyboy on Baby O.K. Allright. This so old skool with it's amazing riff. The chorus is more relexed in that it doesn't try to fit in 20 words in one line.Wonder why AVEX let's this gems pass by?
10/10

12. HRG 666 Nick Turbo - Fast & Glorious- I like this better than Superfast Tokyo Drift. Another example of how AVEX usually chooses the tracks that sound alike instead of changing it up a bit. Awesome Awesome chorus!
9+/10

13. HRG 670 Doctor Bazooka & The Speed McQueens - Tokyo Race- I was looking forward to this trax so much cuz, of that alias. This one sounds like Franze Tornado and his Bazooka Bitches from Euromach era. That riff is ultra fast! I love it!!!!
10-/10

From The Trailblazers

3. HRG 659 Jeff Driller - Bitter rockets- I love the way federicco sounds on this track. There is nothing too different sounding from say, Spin Spin baby, in the chorus, but still a nice track.
8/10

4. HRG 658 Bazooka Girl - Paraoke- More Agreesive HRG for it's female vocalists. I'm loving the Riff too much. The Chorus kinda sways into the cutsie road, but doesn't sound riduculous. It's surely nicly fitting onto a Euromach cd.
7+/10

6. HRG 764 Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls - "Matrioska Niet Katiuska"- One of the newest entries on thier catalog. Franze sure likes to walk those red zone districts.LOL! Havn't heard a full on Russian themed HRG Attack song in a while. I love the fact that the riff is played on Russian instruments. Accordian ,right.LOL!
9+/10

7. HRG 743 Garcon - Fast Food Bikers- One of my favourites. This is how you perform a fast foof fighter song. Garcon sounds tasty. The agressiveness in his vocals shows even more. That chorus is DELICIOUS! Check out that guitar LICK.Just had to rub it in.
10/10

8. HRG 741 Cindy - Russian Gangsters- Cindy is back. More AGRESSIVNESS in female vocals. Thank you HRG Attack. This song are made for my style! Does she say "Kiss & Eat Me"? Cindy is a nasty little thing. "Russian Gangster make love in the tower, Like a pistole hungry with the power". That riff is played in the style of Batman is Bruce Wayne. My favourite Cindy song ever.
10/10

10. HRG 691 Joe Banana - "Magna El Pirana" OOOHWEE! I'm loving it too much! Sounds sooooo diifferent . That chorus is Brilliant. sounds like he sings Mania el Pirana? Another round of alpause for Live Music Studio. I gotta hear that preview one more time. Magna oooh el Pirana. A dancing Pirana. My Favourite new song from this cd.
10+++

12.HRG 749 Jeff Driller - Race Gun & Cows- anotherone from 2008. This one is so special with all the specail effects and sounds. Kinda sounds like another song, but Jeff sounds really good on this track and the riff is so damn sweeet!
8-/10

13. HRG 718 Mad Cow - I Feel Like A Molotov- Once again franze sounds reliably great in his vocals. The song has a too much familiar beat and loses it's lustre among songs like Magna El Pirana and Russian Gangstars. A nice song, but probly my least favourite of the new ones.
7-/10

HRG Attack certainly outdid themselves with a such stellar releases

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 19 Nov 2008, 02:41

drnrg wrote:That's hilarious. AVEX actually made a mistake on the trax list. We didn't get Mara Nell- Pagal, but Baby Bazooka's song instead.
No it wasn't a mistake. The vocals are clearly different than on the SEB 192 track. Although the instrumental track is identical.

Jion

Post by Jion » 19 Nov 2008, 03:25

I don't see the reason behind all the praise. All these songs are rehashes of each other. The only standout was Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls - "Matrioska Niet Katiuska" (extended). I do find the Baby Bazooka version of "Pagal" listenable compared to the horrendous Mara Nell version. (Yes I realize SEF Deluxe is on there (which I love) but I'm not including it on my criticism). Magna El Piranha is just a ripoff of Tam Arrow Go! especially in the riff (synth chorus).
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Nov 2008, 03:37

Jion
I don't see the reason behind all the praise. All these songs are rehashes of each other. The only standout was Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls - "Matrioska Niet Katiuska" (extended). I do find the Baby Bazooka version of "Pagal" listenable compared to the horrendous Mara Nell version. (Yes I realize SEF Deluxe is on there (which I love) but I'm not including it on my criticism)
HRG Attack do rehash themselves now and again. Here they are going back to older songs to rehash. The vocals are also a bit different and the styles differe for female songs. The BIG fun is in the titles and riffs.

Besides if you take a closer look ,you'll notice most of the praises comming from members who hold HRG Attack high up on there list.

Zuop Zuop2, #infinty, Ditz and myself to name a few.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Nov 2008, 04:58

Jion wrote:I do find the Baby Bazooka version of "Pagal" listenable compared to the horrendous Mara Nell version.
What's so bad about poor Melody's version of the song anyway? :???: I love Baby Bazooka's take on the track as well, but are Melody's vocals really that awful? They seriously aren't even all that pitched, especially when compared to some of her previous tracks such as Hot Gal and Run & Run.

Either way, it sure doesn't sound like you're a very big fan of Hi-NRG Attack if you find almost everything to be "rehashed". I guess the whole label is definitely just a love-it-or-hate-it thing; people like drnrg, ditzy, zoupzuop2 and I just seem to enjoy this style a lot more and are thus really craving these new releases. I was planning to buy another older SEB album at the beginning of December (trying to complete my collection of all regular albums from the 80's and 100's, my 2 favorite decades in SEB history), but with these new tracks, I can easily wait another 2 weeks before purchasing another SEB on mu-mo.net.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 Nov 2008, 05:03

Jion wrote:I don't see the reason behind all the praise. All these songs are rehashes of each other. The only standout was Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls - "Matrioska Niet Katiuska" (extended). I do find the Baby Bazooka version of "Pagal" listenable compared to the horrendous Mara Nell version. (Yes I realize SEF Deluxe is on there (which I love) but I'm not including it on my criticism). Magna El Piranha is just a ripoff of Tam Arrow Go! especially in the riff (synth chorus).
What worries me most is that this may be the best HRG has got. While I did enjoy most of the tracks, when I began listening to the samples, about half the time I could've sworn I was listening to something else they did in the recent past.

As it stands, I'm still worried about HRG's future. I doubt they can ever fully eschew the craziness and frivolity they've adapted to and produce something unique, just to showcase their versatility. All the other labels are capable of doing this, why can't HRG?

From what I've heard so far, I enjoyed HRG 300-500 the most. That's when HRG's creativity was at their apex and I'd love to hear more from this part of the catalogue.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 19 Nov 2008, 07:07

I`m glad about the new releases. And don`t care if I have to buy the whole release. 8 tracks never released before on both albums, so it is still cheaper to buy the whole album instead to buy the 8 tracks. Just count it.
True, they should skip the songs what already put on a SEB or something else. It would be too nice...
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 19 Nov 2008, 08:46

Damn it! Buy these albums because they support Hi-NRG Attack! By supporting them, we may get more releases like this in the future! :grin:

Nothing beats new hi-nrg attack tracks that are neglected by Avex (seriously there are a lot of good ones here). :)

For some odd reason, I like Bitter Rockets most here. I have no idea why..it is just pretty damn catchy :P

But please! We still need "Mazinkaiser Superstar" extended version!!! :(
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 19 Nov 2008, 15:40

Very happy news...

Tomorrow Hi-nrg attack (20 nov) they will release Parapara Cool Vol 5.
I recieved a mail from them today.
Parapara cool is my favorite serie from attack, the best of the best in the eurobeat world.

[url]http://www.junodownload.com/labels/Hi+N ... =album[url]

Tomorrow you will find the album there....:)

"I pray to higher ground that Black Evas euromachclassic will be released - finally"

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Nov 2008, 16:27

euro up north wrote:Very happy news...

Tomorrow Hi-nrg attack (20 nov) they will release Parapara Cool Vol 5.
I recieved a mail from them today.
Parapara cool is my favorite serie from attack, the best of the best in the eurobeat world.

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/Hi+N ... type=album

Tomorrow you will find the album there....:)

"I pray to higher ground that Black Evas euromachclassic will be released - finally"
Boy, it's difficult to keep up with all these new releases! I already spent $30 on the 2 albums already posted (plus a few other songs from Saifam and HRG).
ImageImage

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 19 Nov 2008, 18:34

Any chance these will get an iTunes release? Or have they just said "fuck you" to that? Heck, they aren't even listed on LiveMusicStudio's website.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 19 Nov 2008, 19:20

Hmm wonder what tracks will show up in the Para Cool 5 :)

(Mazinkaiser Superstar?) Hahah, I can only wish. Whatever they are, I am buying it the moment it shows up online.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 20 Nov 2008, 00:08

Parapara Cool Vol. 5 is out:

01 Boogaboo - "Burn Burn Get My Fire" (extended)
02 Garcon - "Makka Makka" (extended)
03 Laura Vox - "Sexy Wild & Crazy Sound" (extended)
04 Jeff Driller - "Work Like An Egyptian" (extended)
05 Nick & Samantha - "Bubble Gum" (extended)
06 Jungle Bill - "Sexy Toy, Sexy Joy" (extended)
07 Nick Turbo - "Ride On Fire" (extended)
08 P. Stone - "Dance Around The World" (extended)
09 Fesutaru - "Dead Or Alive" (extended)
10 Jeff Driller - "Rocket In My Pocket" (extended)
11 Garcon - "I Am Mister Blaster" (extended)
12 Franz Tornado & Bazooka Girl - "Velfarre 10" (extended)
13 Nikita Jr - "Parapara lemonade" (extended)