Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Sep 2009, 09:29

Sadie
MKwiakaku wrote:
Mr. Tornado is just a big weeaboo, and he sure loves it. Lil' Bazooka-chan loves herself some Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. Futhermore, N. Turbo is jacking off to mosaic JAVs all day long.

Anyone needs another explanation for the covers?

That made my day, I swear... XD Jimmy, you are amazing...
I don't understand any of that, and I don't wanna picture it neither. :?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 25 Sep 2009, 23:27

drnrg wrote:[...]I don't wanna picture it neither. :?
None of us probably want to.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Oct 2009, 01:36

TIME for a review. First off is Bazooka Girls Are Back. One of the two newest Juno cd compilation releases from HRG Attack. Let's get right to it.

1. Baby Bazooka. Caballero With Sombrero.
It's only fair that Baby Bazooka herself starts of this batch of songs , since the cd is named after her,,,kinda. Anyway. It's a fun song, no doubt about that, but has been done to death. I'm talink about the melody. The one that immediatly shot out at me was Moto Moto Ina Motto. I think the main rason for this song was to get the listeners attention. Wheather you love it or hate it, it's the staple sound of HRG Attack songs. I find it cute and fast, but not too original. I love the Bondolaro Camanchero parts in the last mini break. At almost 6 mins, it is worthy of being called a proper extended.
7/10

2. Black Eva- Doctor Love
Allready one of my top songs on the compliation. Miss Eva is really making a name for herself now adays. putting out some of the strongest material for HRG Attack. The intro wastes no TIME introducing all the kind of Energy & Power this song is gonna have. It's kinda a mix between Aishu and faster style female HRG Attack material. The melody itself sounds like kinda something DELTA would have released in the early days. The lyrics range from Theme related to just random rhyming. All the Eurobeat romantic cliches are present and Underwater soundworlds like in the old days are making a nice appearence. Remeber Anika songs like Little Submarine? Anyway, this one really gets the blood pumping to that soft spot in your heart for old style Hrg Attack , just a bit faster in the bpms.
10/10

3. Cindy- Baila Americana.
Cindy alweays knows how to put a smile on your face with her happy themed songs. She is sounding pretty hyped, but very befitting to the song's structure. here is another example of what HRG Attack can do with thier intros. It's very original sounding and immediatly gets you ready for a fun filled rollacoaster ride. The chorus is the most addictive part of the song and I don't see how this song didn't make it onto SEB. It would have been perfect for Euromach era. Last but not least, the riff. Imagine a Franz Tornado Madcow , style and you get the picture. Another hit to add to Cindy's allready impressive list of songs....and this one easily surpasses the 6:00 min extended line
8/10

4. Dolly Pop- Hey Dee Jay
The intro is perfect for any Eurobeat club. It's short ,but right to the point. This another of my favs of this collection. The Riff; wich sounds like something right out of Cyro's favourite race car's muffler, is what got my attention at first, but with each listen I realized that the chorus had a distint Russian vibe in it as well. What I like is that only the chorus has that vibe, while the rest has a more traditional Eurobeat style. There goes that intro again. This TIME used as the mini break. At the end the whole package kinda sounds more like a racing themed song than a dee jay one, but why complain when you can add to your HRG collection another bomba from miss Dolly Pop herself.
9-/10

5. Black Eva- Black Jack
First P.Stone gave us the Black kack Fever now it looks like it's catching on again. This TIME to Miss Eva. Could the reason her entries are so spectacular nowadays? Undoubtably the best HRG Attack song since(fill in the blank, since we all have different tastes) Just the intro itself sounds like somthing completely diiferent for the Live Music Team. This one has heavy heavy Italo vibes in the melody in the verses and chorus. Here is another example of geting an aishu style riff and speeding it up a bit to give it some extra umph. The song is really amazing on all counts. It's sing along addictive, foot stomping Eurobeat at it's finest. During the bridge the team uses some what of Asian sounding keys. Saifam is known for using these, but sound great when combined onto an HRG song. I saved the best fro last. Yes the break. It kinda starts off as she delivers that 3rd chorus. The music is dropped and they gradually add in some feirce sounding guitar bass. In the style of old TIME songs that Gino caria would sing like Love For Money. After the break Nick breaks into n awesome Guitar solo. Short, but essential to give the outro that last anticipated exit.
10+/10

6. Alison Batton- Steppin To The Clock
and right into the next bomba. Intros are so essential to Eurobeat song and HRG doesn't miss a trick. This one sounds a bit like Goddesss Of Love- from Sophie De la Vie. Trust me I know these things. Mrs Batton always adds a nice Italo vibe to her songs and it shines in those Riffs. It kinda has a slight Echo just like they used to have in the golden era days. The chorus is pure Eurobeat and goes perfectly with miss Batton's voacls, which always seem to have a normal tint to them. I'm loving that 3rd verse. The accompanying guitars are really giving the song so much more potential as they are used in exactly the precise places. I think the song deserves another brak or another minute added inthere. 4 mins is still to short for me to call it a proper extended.
9/10

7. Dee Dee Wonder- Lady Cartoon
You have to love HRG Attack for the concept of putting together all it's best female artists under one collection. Dee Dee is next and has a sweet Eurobeat number to showcase. It has a bit of Italo in the riff, but what HRG Attack song doesn't. The bridge kinda sounds like Cindy's Russian Gangsters. Infact she may very well be the same singer. Let's rewind to that intro. More new & original ideas from The Team. This TIME trying to capture a sort of Cartoonish vibe. It's one of those songs that inserts other words before the actual Lady cartoon line in the chorus. Ex: Dancing To The Moonlight, Lady Cartoon into the sunlight. I wish more Eurobeat songs would use this structure in thier choruses. I kinda get the feel that bazooka girlon the cover was created with this song in mind? Anyway, 7 songs and no misses yet. Amazing!
9/10

8. Baby Gold- Take Me Into Fire
When you first hear this song ,you will say to yourself, "I know That melody" haha! it's closely resembles Boom Boom Fire and the goes are kinda done in the style of Denises old hit "Emotional Fire" The intro is using some really cool effects. I already mentioned the similiarities to DELTA's "Emotional Fire", but there is also some male robotic chanting going on. I can't make out what he's saying? maybe "Bang"?As usual Baby Gold is pretty hyped. Her vocals go hand in hand with the bpms of the song. Thje third couplet has a few accapela effects thrown in there as well and they sound very effective esp to make those Festari guitars shine through. If you are a sucker for nostalgic sounding HRG Attack tunes, then this is the song for you.
8+/10

9. Kara Mell- Run Away
this is truly amazing. I think they got confused with Mara Nell on this one. She is the title HRG Attack usually uses when showcasing hard core aishu style songs. As you can guess this is one of my favourites on this new compilation. First reason is that intro. very original. You hear her normal vocals, then some kinda Radaio excerpt. It sounds like you have just tuned into HRG Attcak 105 or somthing.LOL! When it finally breraks into that heavebly riff, you will quickly be reminded of wonderful Hrg Aishu songs gone by. The song is really flawless. The team chooses exactly the melodies called for in each of the verse, bridge and chorus couplets. The part were she sings ABC my love is free- 12345 & 6 will just give you the kind of chills only a beautiful melocholoy Italo song can provide, bit done HRg Attack style. Fans of Starkly Ice's Stargate will immediatley fall in love with this song, but for those who can't get into the aishu groove; there are plenty of tasty fast numbers as well.
10+/10

10.Alison Batton- You Are The Reason For My Happiness
Miss Batton is back with another Aishu style number lines with some nice Nick Festari guitars. The intro is cute. I can't explain it , but you get the feel you are about to embark in a nice smooth carpet ride. maybe it's just me, but the song gots me floating to the wonderful melody in the riff. This could be one of the first songs that I hear from Miss batton that doesn't have a Italo vibe, but's it's all good, mainly cuz she always sounds in top form, vocally. BTW one of the shortest songs in the cd at 4:07 hmm...
8-/10

11. Bazooka Girl- Paraoki
And making her second appearence is Bazooka Girl herself. She returns to close out yet another amazing compliation from the geniouses at Live Music Studio. This is a nice song. Cute and full of fun melody. Normally not my style, but this song has something of a feirce riff inserted so it's really just a matter of getting into that riiff and letting the rest of the song fall into place. I think they could have come up with more original intro using some kinda Karaoki effects. Like them singing with thier normal voices. something a bit more attention catching than the usual HRG intros. There were some really original ideas used in the intros of some of the other songs. Ironiacly enough I think the next cd should have Black Eva's name in the title.
7-/10

Final words:
An excellent compilation. A little of everything for all styles of HRG Attack. You got Aishu, Parapara, Racing,even a little mix of Aishu/aggressive. Anyway. I know how we are all anticiapating the return of SEB, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that these HRG Attack cds are actually a bit better than SEB. The ratio of songs I'm liking is way higher than the standard SEB cd. This one has no throwaway material at all. I imagine I would feel exactly the same if some Eurogrooves or Dima cd compilation was released.

Next up will be HRG 's Boostbusters review. Stay tuned 8)

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 23 Oct 2009, 22:21

Looks like there will be two more albums coming up soon.

Cream Eurobeat (hilarious cover ahead) and Bazooka Girls Encore.

I hope Joe Banana's Dogzilla supermegafragilisticfantahero shows up in Cream Eurobeat.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 24 Oct 2009, 03:17

valiant wrote:Looks like there will be two more albums coming up soon.

I hope Joe Banana's Dogzilla supermegafragilisticfantahero shows up in Cream Eurobeat.
Cream Eurobeat's cover almost looks distasteful for some reason. I don't like it.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Oct 2009, 03:18

valiant

I don't even think Live Music Studio need AVEX. They are doing just fine without them and more creative power to them.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 24 Oct 2009, 06:05

drnrg wrote:valiant

I don't even think Live Music Studio need AVEX. They are doing just fine without them and more creative power to them.
That depends on how much they're making on album releases (themselves somewhat dependent on the publicity they receive from their avex releases).
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Oct 2009, 04:38

zoupzuop2
That depends on how much they're making on album releases (themselves somewhat dependent on the publicity they receive from their avex releases).
I'm pretty sure that make alot more on thier independent releases as opposed to a few tracks appearing on am AVEX release? besides if Eurobeat royalties are anything like what an average top 40 artist makes off sales, then it is pretty bad. Most artists make thier real money from revenue from Concerts and merchandise.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 25 Oct 2009, 12:44

But what zoupzuop meant was that nobody probably knew about Hi NRG Attack were they not on an avex release. O alot of their selfmade digital albums contain at least one song avex used too, so when people look for a song they know, the get an entire album of the same stuff.

I also don't know if Hi NRG Attack really makes that much money out of digital sales, honestly...

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 26 Oct 2009, 18:55

Samples for Cream Eurobeat and Bazooka Girls Encore are on Juno now.
Cream Eurobeat has a lot of new stuff, eg E-Girlz - Get Wild Get Sexy (awesome), while Encore is mainly 2003-2006 stuff, many Aishu songs. Finally a Miss Joke song released! Also includes at least one oldie, Lilly - Money Cannot Buy My Love.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 27 Oct 2009, 00:42

wow, festari took over jeff driller now?

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 27 Oct 2009, 19:57

GREAT new songs :D :
1Baby Gold - Let's fall in love together
2Martina Dry - Bye bye Portofino
3Judy Lee - Let Me Go
4Rick Castle - Jasmine
5Martina Dry - Nothing's gonna change my love for you
6Cindy - Try my sister
7Rick Castle - Get the reason why
8E-Girlz - Get Wild & Be Sexy
9Fulvia Coupe - I want it all
10Dee Dee Wonder - Easier lady

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 27 Oct 2009, 21:05

taQ wrote:wow, festari took over jeff driller now?
Some of Rimonti's current aliases are not exclusive. For instance, Jungle Bill is a title both Rimonti and Festari share.

My thoughts on the Cream Eurobeat releases:
>Get Wild and Be Sexy: I'm guessing it's trying to be fashion-related? (Actually, the chorus of this one seems to be "Egg Superstar"! Possible mixup?!?) Not too fond of the synth riff, but the vocals sound like HRG is trying something different somehow, it almost seems to represent another label's style. Not BAD per se but not great.
>That's My Car: This kind of synth riff (one sound that flails from one note to the next) is VERY tired. Cut it out, HRG.
>Jasmine: Rick Castle has sort of established his sound by now, hasn't he? Synth riff is definite Rick material, in a good way. It's no Midnight Lady but I can see myself listening to this pretty often in the near future. :)
>Try My Sister: WHOA! Synth riff blew my mind! HRG does still have some imagination to their riffs, and this proved it! That said... the title kind of scares me. What in the world is Cindy proposing? 0_.
>Tom Tom Go!: Trying too hard to be a classic; chorus seems contrived and synth riff is ungraspable noise. Sorry, Mara, but... no.
>Bambolita: Chorus sounds simple enough, not an immediate classic but enjoyable. Voice tricks harkens back to classic HRG days, which is good. Riff is just shy of attention-getting.
>Dogzilla Hellishly-long-word here: THIS chorus hits a little harder in terms of getting my attention. Festari still has a lot of energy to lend his tracks, and it shows here. Extended chorus is kind of cool here. Hook is, again, almost graspable here too. I may score this one in a bit (currently in a cafe, almost late for class! P: )
>Summertime Blues: I'm not sure what to make of this one. Chorus isn't great but riff seems to work harder at being memorable, and it almost works. Ciao Ciao seems to keep her words few and slow, and it's sort of refreshing in a way.
>Bad Zulu: The big name hits this title so it's got big expectations from me, and the first verse to prechorus don't disappoint. Chorus is fun too, so far it's worthy of the title, but how's the RIFF? Please be good/catchy... I shouldn't like it, it's hard to follow. But for some reason I really REALLY like the sound he used on this one. Franz scrapes by with a good one this time. :3
>Pinky Girl: Uh, what on earth is a Pinky Girl?? Chorus is a little too flaily for me again, and the chorus puts me off for a reason I can't explain. Sorry Nick, not this time.
>Get The Reason Why: Rick once more shines through. RIFF IS ACTUALLY CATCHY/FOLLOWABLE IN THIS ONE. OH MY GOSH, YES. Verse 1 vocals start off REALLY odd but settle off towards the end of the verse. I'll have to pick this one up.

Cream Eurobeat, in terms of song output, surprised me pleasantly... it appears that HRG still has some creative ruts to work out, but they can still put out some great songs and I'm relieved that they're still in the biz.
...just change the cover. It burns. P:
Join me on an Odyssey.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 27 Oct 2009, 21:48

taQ wrote:wow, festari took over jeff driller now?
Some of Rimonti's current aliases are not exclusive. For instance, Jungle Bill is a title both Rimonti and Festari share.

My thoughts on the Cream Eurobeat releases:
>Get Wild and Be Sexy: I'm guessing it's trying to be fashion-related? (Actually, the chorus of this one seems to be "Egg Superstar"! Possible mixup?!?) Not too fond of the synth riff, but the vocals sound like HRG is trying something different somehow, it almost seems to represent another label's style. Not BAD per se but not great.
>That's My Car: This kind of synth riff (one sound that flails from one note to the next) is VERY tired. Cut it out, HRG.
>Jasmine: Rick Castle has sort of established his sound by now, hasn't he? Synth riff is definite Rick material, in a good way. It's no Midnight Lady but I can see myself listening to this pretty often in the near future. :)
>Try My Sister: WHOA! Synth riff blew my mind! HRG does still have some imagination to their riffs, and this proved it! That said... the title kind of scares me. What in the world is Cindy proposing? 0_.
>Tom Tom Go!: Trying too hard to be a classic; chorus seems contrived and synth riff is ungraspable noise. Sorry, Mara, but... no.
>Bambolita: Chorus sounds simple enough, not an immediate classic but enjoyable. Voice tricks harkens back to classic HRG days, which is good. Riff is just shy of attention-getting.
>Dogzilla Hellishly-long-word here: THIS chorus hits a little harder in terms of getting my attention. Festari still has a lot of energy to lend his tracks, and it shows here. Extended chorus is kind of cool here. Hook is, again, almost graspable here too. I may score this one in a bit (currently in a cafe, almost late for class! P: )
>Summertime Blues: I'm not sure what to make of this one. Chorus isn't great but riff seems to work harder at being memorable, and it almost works. Ciao Ciao seems to keep her words few and slow, and it's sort of refreshing in a way.
>Bad Zulu: The big name hits this title so it's got big expectations from me, and the first verse to prechorus don't disappoint. Chorus is fun too, so far it's worthy of the title, but how's the RIFF? Please be good/catchy... I shouldn't like it, it's hard to follow. But for some reason I really REALLY like the sound he used on this one. Franz scrapes by with a good one this time. :3
>Pinky Girl: Uh, what on earth is a Pinky Girl?? Chorus is a little too flaily for me again, and the chorus puts me off for a reason I can't explain. Sorry Nick, not this time.
>Get The Reason Why: Rick once more shines through. RIFF IS ACTUALLY CATCHY/FOLLOWABLE IN THIS ONE. OH MY GOSH, YES. Verse 1 vocals start off REALLY odd but settle off towards the end of the verse. I'll have to pick this one up.

Cream Eurobeat, in terms of song output, surprised me pleasantly in terms of samples... it appears that HRG still has some creative ruts to work out, but they can still put out some great songs and I'm relieved that they're still in the biz.
...just change the cover. It burns. P:
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Oct 2009, 04:05

But what zoupzuop meant was that nobody probably knew about Hi NRG Attack were they not on an avex release. O alot of their selfmade digital albums contain at least one song avex used too, so when people look for a song they know, the get an entire album of the same stuff.
Depends. If you were into Eurobeat Italo in the 90's and you were a fan of Iventi D'Azzurro top 30,than you knew about HRG Attack. DELTA first songs also made an appearence on that magazine. As well as TIME, Asia ect... Someday I'm gonna create a thread and post some of those charts for you guys. Eurobeat became popular through vinyl then cds.

Now I'm off to hear them new samples. Aishu...yummy :)

First off you guys notice all the new additions to the catalog. Another uplifting sign for Eurobeat's future.

795 Jeff Driller- That's my car
796 Mara Nell- Tokyobeat
797 E-Girlz- Get wild & Be sexy
798 Jungle Bill- Bambolita
799 Joe Banana- Demolition Man
800 Dee Dee Wonder- Because you break into my heart
801 Joe Banana- My spy guy
802 Ciao Ciao- Run into the hot fight
803 Black Eva- We are alive together
804 Joe Banana- Dogzilla supermegafragilisticfantahero
805 Lilly- I am a liar
806 Fun Cool- Hully gully alligator
807 Mad Cow- Suq el kazoo
808 Jeff Driller- Hot core dance floor
809 Leslie Hammond- Gimme a little kiss
810 Garcon-Strike on my car
How Aewsome is that!!

Bazooka Girls Encore! (first imrpessions)

1. Baby Gold - "Let's Fall In Love Together" (extended)
Nice song. I like when she sings the line "Sofisticated baby" The melody in the verses is also pretty good, but the keyboard is a bit weak.
7-/10

2. Martina Dry - "Bye Bye Portofino" (extended)
HRG Attack writing Aishu sung in the style Sophie would sing? She is singing about Portofino ,Italy. I wonder if a trip there was inspiration for the song? the track is really gorgeous. The riff is wondeful. Easily one of my favs off this compilation. BTW Martina is known for her fast songs, so this is a nice change of pace for her.
10/10

3. Martina Dry - "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love" (extended)
Another song for Mrs. Dry. Not a bad entry. Trying to fit to many words in the chorus. Sounds like faster version of Bye Bye Portifino.LOL! I like the way they played the riff on this one.
8/10

4. Lilly - "Money Cannot Buy My Love" (extended)
This is a classic from the days when HRG Attack still released Vinyls with just one song and all it's remixes. Amazing piece of Vinyl.
10/10

5. Fulvia Coupe - "I Want It All" (extended)
I love Fulvias Coupe's song as they sound so different. I'm still flipping over "Without You I'm Blue" and now Live Music Team releases this bomba.The chorus sounds great just as the second couplet is introduced and the riff sounds really 80's. Even better than "Bye Bye Portfino"
10/10

6. Mika La-Do - "I Am Your Barracuda" (extended)
One of the hits from SEB 173. Love this song froim all angles. Especially the egotistic tone I hear in her voice. "I Wanna be Your stupid girl"
9/10

7. Judy Lee - "Let Me Go" (extended)
New artist! Whooweeee!!! This is Aishu just a tad faster than usual and with a killer riff. Why the song so short is beyond me, but it's so full of adrenaline and that's off for an Aishu song. Mega song writing.
10/10

8. Maddy Layne - "Golden Guy" (extended)
I love Maddy Layne. This is classic Aishu. Really relaxed. If you liked RunAway(like me) than you like this one. Dying to hear the intros of some of these songs. At 5:24 i'm sure it's amazing.
10/10

9. Mara Nell - "Crazy Disco Mania" (extended)
WOW!! Is 10+ aloud for a sample. best song of the year? That riff is from some classic tune, but I can't remeber. This has a cool pop feel to it. The chorus has a very distince SAW vibe as well. My question is why the preview is so short? I'm hoping for some real surprises in this tune.
10+/10

10. Dee Dee Wonder - "Easier Lady" (extended)
They jusk keep getting better. Dee Dee Wonder knows how to put out a hit. This one is no execption. More classic Italo riffs from years gone by. That bass guitar in the second verse really adds spice to the allready great tune.
9/10

11. Miss Joke - "The City Of Angels" (extended)
Can't remeber any other song from hers that has made such an impact, but that riff...that riff should just go on forever. The rest of the song is good, but the chorus and riff really overshadow the rest of the song.
8+/10 add 2 points for riff.

I'll do Cream Of Wheat tommorow, cuz my head might burst from the sudden switch from Aishu to mega fast Eurobeat :P
Last edited by drnrg on 28 Oct 2009, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.