Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Beatzooka 2

Post by EurothunderNL » 03 Jun 2009, 18:28

Beatzooka 2 is out (june 4) on Juno..

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Jun 2009, 18:51

The tracklist is actually as follows:

BEATZOOKA Vol. 2

01 Jungle Bill - El Vachero Bananero
02 Nick Turbo - Crazy Elephant
03 Jeff Driller - Cheap Chap (WTF?? Wasn't this on Beatzooka vol. 1??)
04 Babby One - Wings Of Freedom
05 Jeff Driller - Give Me Back Your Money
06 Jeff Driller - Atomic Cow
07 Tam Arrow - Go Gorilla
08 Remy Panther - Sex Around The Fire
09 Various(?) - And I Say Yeah
10 Joe Banana - Tom Rider
11 Jeff Driller - Back In Danger

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Jun 2009, 19:58

the_ditz wrote:09 Various(?) - And I Say Yeah
This song is by Mote Mote (HRG 495).

Looks like another really promising tracklist of male-led Hi-NRG Attack releases! This compilation again includes a lot of songs that I was particularly looking forward to hearing.
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Jun 2009, 21:08

Well you can hear the samples of all tracks at the moment if you do a search for "Beatzooka" on Juno, as all the samples have already been loaded in anticipation of the release.

El Vachero Bananero and Wings Of Freedom sound particularly good upon first listen...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jun 2009, 22:26

the_ditz
01 Jungle Bill - El Vachero Bananero
06 Jeff Driller - Atomic Cow
07 Tam Arrow - Go Gorilla

They only actually kept 3 of the rumoured songs, but he did keep El Bananero Camanchero at track 01. 8)

Beatzooka 2
cover: Hurray for hot dee jay chicks

1. HRG 490 Jungle Bill - "El Vachero Bananero" (extended)
HRG Attack has a terrific way of rehashing thier old classics. Everyone knows Bandolero Camanchero and this latest Rimonti entry shamlessly revisits that well known melody only this TIME, the riff it's played to be heard like trumpets, so you kionda get a new song. Different lyrics also adds to the fun. Taking everything into concideration, it seems like the perfect way to open this new compilation.
9-/10

2. HRG 677 Nick Turbo - "Crazy Elephant" (extended)
Nick is back with one of the newer songs. He is singing in his normal aggressive style that so many have come to love. Here we get the riff being played in Trumpet style and honbestly I kinda missed that effect in HRG songs. The lyrics are completely nonsensical, but what catches my attention are the elephant effects. I get weird vibes of cartoon elefants like Dumbo and such. I still really like the song.
8/10

3. HRG 501 Jeff Driller - "Cheap Chap" (extended)
A repeat so soon. I guess they thought the song was sooooo good it needed more pimpin? :P
10+/10

4. HRG 504 Babby One - "Wings Of Freedom" (extended)
A Beatzooka compilation wouldn't be complete without some Claudio Magnani, so here he is making his appearence. I never heard this song and upon first listen I feel the chorus really breaks away from the rest of the song's structure. The bridge and chorus are from the mellower side of HRG. Perhaps Rick Castle style. In fact this easily sounds like somthing Live Music would have released on TIME under the Charly or E.C. James title in the 90's. Another great song to add to the mix.
9-/10

5. HRG 635 Jeff Driller - "Give Me Back Your Money" (extended)
I love Rimonti and while we might have missed him on the last SEB cds, he seems to have saved his best for his fans. The money theme does wonders for Eurobeat songs and this one is no exception. The way he sings the verses is classic Rimonti. The bridge and chorus sound a little different and kinda mellow style for him, but it's just that ,that gives this track a fresh sound...and yes his female backups are right on tartget. I noticed this Money song and Tommy K's "Give Me back My Money" have a similiar melody going on and that's makes me like the song even more.
10/10

6. HRG 514 Jeff Driller - "Atomic Cow" (extended)
Rimonti's is back! This one and Go Gorilla are no doubt my favourite tracks. This one is so damn catchy in the chorus and features ,once again trumpet played synths. It's not too different from the normal HRG fare, but that is just what I like about it. It's rehashed HRG Attack dome the best way possible.
10+/10

7. HRG 488 Tam Arrow - "Go Gorilla" (extended)
....and this is HRG at thier absolute best. Claudio takes his Tam Arrow alias up to another level. That isn't him taking his vocals down a notch. It's gotta be Nick lending his Fesutaro effects on the wacked out rap. He sounds just like in Pum Pum Beam. On the other hand , that second verse does sound like Claudio as he morohs into his normal vocal range. There is still another surprise as his female backup gets to showcase her vocals as well. All this and I havn't mentioned the chorus. Absolute genious! The lines Go Gorilla and the Go shoutouts take honours for best singa long song on the cd.
10++/10

8. HRG 735 Remy Panther - "Sex Around The Fire" (extended)
This is the newest song on the compilation and it shows on the bpms. Remy has comfortably setteled into a sound all his own. The chorus is very catchy and the way it's sung sounds perfect for Festari's vocals. I'm really enjoying the riff, wich sounds so perfect following the chorus. I really wish I could attend one of the Live Music recording sessions. Especially with Nick on vocals. He just has so much NRG and do wonders with his vocal range. Another classic to add to his overbloated list of hits.
9+/10

9. HRG 495 Mote Mote - "And I Say Yeah" (extended)
I quite agree that this is a rehash of Buga Buga Chew Chew, but seeing that it actually appears before Buga Buga.. means that Buga Buga was the new improved version of this song. It's Claudio on vocals, but still doesn't save the song from sounding too fast. The soundworlds in the riff do not help the situation either as they sound like they are played frantically and too rushed. Funny thing is that if this song had been released before Buga Buga.., I probly would have liked it, beacuse of the different melody it carried.
8-/10

10.HRG 685 Joe Banana - "Tom Rider" (extended)
All the big names kinda get thier fair share of vocal work on this cd. Here we have Nick sounding spectacular on this Joe Banana track that seems to take a diiferent dirrection. I have that melody on the tip of my tounge, but can't remeber from what song. It sounds like a Dima or Vibration, but could easily be TIME. Here is another example of a fast played riff, but on this song, the speed fits perfectly. This is one of those songs that will definaetly have the "Grow on Me" effect. I just know it.
9+/10

11.HRG 698 Jeff Driller - "Back In Danger" (extended)
Federrico closes out another mega compilation. I really hope these keep on comming. It would be great if HRG Attack kept putting out and creating new Eurobeat, even after AVEX returns to the old school sound. Being that HRG's sound best fits at high speed.
Last edited by drnrg on 04 Jun 2009, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Jun 2009, 23:12

the_ditz wrote: El Vachero Bananero and Wings Of Freedom sound particularly good upon first listen...
wings of freedom is old :P it was on a jgtc album i think or something like that

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 04 Jun 2009, 00:29

I like Go Gorilla. It sounds very different from what I expected, but it definitely stands out as the quirkiest and most fun track of the bunch.

And I Say Yeah doesn't do it at all for me. It sounds like an amateurish predecessor to What Rocket Do You Want and the song structure seems utterly chaotic.

Overall I think this compilation sounds nice, but ultimately I'm gonna have to prefer BeatZooka 1. My favorite tracks are El Vachero Bananero, Crazy Elephant, Wings Of Freedom, and Go Gorilla. Tom Rider has a nice synth hook but is still a little generic imo.
ImageImage

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Jun 2009, 02:35

Sorry that I don't have any news of a new release, but having now owned Beatzooka Vol. 2 for a fair amount of time, I gotta say that I'm actually really liking it now. Pretty much everything on the album sounds great in some way, and even though a lot of the vocal melodies blend in with each other a little bit (i.e., a lot of the songs spend their time on b-flat notes or chord variations of it), they all have their own special merits that make them stick out.

Right now I'd have to say that Tom Rider is my favorite track by a small margin; that explosive synthline is really adrenaline-rushing, and the chorus does a good job of standing apart from the rest of the track while still seeming like an appropriate compliment to the other preceding sections of the track.

And I Say Yeah sounds a heck of a lot catchier now that I hear the whole song (the intro does a cool job of taking a vocal sample from the b-melody and applying it to a different key entirely and thus causing it to function a lot differently), and while I originally thought Sex Around The Fire was the lowpoint of the album due to its reminiscence of Wild Boy Bad Love and chorus that I didn't like, but after giving it a few more listens it's also come to grow on me quite a bit. In particular I think the synth and a-melody are the high points of the track, and although the lyrics are generally pretty formulaic, the song is still a pretty nice treat overall. I've also come to enjoy Back In Danger a whole lot more since I originally heard it on SEB 101. It's yet another song that doesn't really break any rules, but it's somehow just a really smooth and effective production without any notable flaws.

I still need to check out Beatzooka Vol. 1 (the iTunes release is screwed up, so I'll have to purchase it off of junodownload.com), but overall I'm really satisfied with Vol. 2 and I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you haven't checked it out yet.
ImageImage

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 06 Sep 2009, 01:17

"Bazooka Girls R Back" and "Vintage ParaPara 6" were released on Juno today. My favorites on "Bazooka Girls R Back" are Black Eva / Doctor Love, Black Eva / Black Jack, and Kara Mell / Run Away.

I dunno if Run Away is better than Stargate or not. It's debatable. Run Away has really weird lyrics though...

Cabarello with Umbrella = thumbs down.. maybe

Big UPs to HRG for adding 2min samples instead of 1:30. :D

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Sep 2009, 02:35

Awesome, finally some new songs after a few months off (although BeatZooka kept me well-satisfied)!

Variety sure seems to be a prevalent theme with these all-female compilations (in contrast to the generic-but-good all-male BeatZooka albums). All of these tracks seem very experimental, and while I'm a bit undecided about some of them, I'm definitely quite interested in what sounds like a sub-140 bpm HRG production (Run Away), an unusually poppy song from the label (You Are The Reason For My Happiness), a Tokyo Tonight-style cover of Caballero With Sombrero (not to mention drastically matured vocals from Greta), and many other interesting tracks.

Oh yeah, I absolutely adore the synth of Steppin' To The Clock - unique melodic progressions like that, especially with a broad range of chord notes, should be used far more in eurobeat.
ImageImage

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Sep 2009, 04:30

Sounds like the main singer in Baila Americana (Alice, I presume) is using her real voice, although it is somewhat drowned in the pitched background vocals.
Allison Batton = Laura Vox again? Alot of aliases.
How many times has Caballero with Sombrero been rehashed? Anyway, I like this version.
Black Jack is great. Not even in the catalogue yet.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Sep 2009, 06:43

Leave it up to HRG Attack to give us some new material in this Eurobeat Hiatus. The songs are kinds of Wondeful. They all have a different sound and it looks like Black Eva is still going strong After the success of Running to My Car. Her two new entries are the most amazing tarcks on the cd. Only one repeat0 Paraoke, but the rest are great great great!!! Definately a label to cherish. 8)

Didn't think I would do one of these anyTIME soon?

Bazooka Girls R Back mini review

first off kudos for sexy cartoon chicks that actually look shagable :D

1. Baby Bazooka - "Cabarello With Umbrella" (extended)
Motto Motto In A Motto directly comes to mind as well as the classic... with Sombrero. Greta indeed sounds like she has matured alot in vocal ability since Coca Bill. She could easily take over the vocals for some new HRG material. Haha! They kept the Caballero scream in there too. Not a stupid jingle at all and kudos for nonsenscical Eurobeat lyrics.
8+/10

2. Black Eva - "Doctor Love" (extended)
Black Eva is smoking hot and on her latest release it shows. 5+ mins of pure HRG Attack bliss. The chorus sounds so familiar, but at the same TIME like something completely new. This is the feeling I get what I hear new releases from this label. Not as fast as the other releases, but damn powerful in the way she delivers her lines. The echo effect in the third verse also addseven more umph to the already powerful number. One of my favs.
10/10

3. Cindy - "Baila Americana" (extended)
I love Cindy. She can belt out the aggressive superfast numbers like Russian Gangsters, but also the HRG themed songs like Sexy Mexico and this one, which could turn out to be one of my favs from her. That bridge to the chorus really gets the listener hyped for that floorfilling chorus which is followed by an even more attention grabbing riff. Definately a super bomba!
10/10

4. Dolly Pop - "Hey Dee-Jay" (extended)
another great title with a theme so very accurate for any Parapara night club. The amazing factor here is that super hyper riff right out of a Jeff Driller or Cy-Ro song. Listen to the lyrics to hear how they so perfectly fit the songs atmosphere. Yet another jem to cherish.
9/10

5. Black Eva - "Black Jack" (extended)
We are up to the song that completely blows my socks off. It's fast, powerful with an Macho aggressive theme that usually is covers by Claudio Magnani or even ABeatC. The Italo vibe is very heavy throuout the song and the way she sings that chorus....yes it's fast, but somehow sounds at normal vocal tone. Not hyped at all. Catchy verses and a wonderful Asian-like backround beat during the bridge crosses you over to the most intense Chorus I have heard in a while. The fact that the riff slows things down a bit only adds to it's epic feel. Tremondous entry by this label.
10+/10

6. Alison Batton - "Steppin' To The Clock" (extended)
Another new song by Mrs. Batton. She is Laura Vox from Crazy Wild and Sexy Sound. Odd title as it makes you wonder how one can step Into the clock. She emphazises Into the way she sings it. The third verse is backed up by some wonderful grungy guitar effects and of corse the never failing riff is just Italo Intense.
9/10

7. Dee Dee Wonder - "Lady Cartoon" (extended)
An ode to Japanese Animi perhaps e was the idea behind this song? Or maybe she is the model behind the sexy Bazooka Chick on the sleeve? Once more we get a song where the guitar shines throughout the verses and sounds just perfect accompanying her vocals. The chorus is so smart breaking away from the usual repeating the title in the first words formula, where as this song opts for saying Lady Cartoon at the end of each line. WEd also get lyrics that go along with the song's theme. These are just a few reasons to immediatly fall in love with this new Dee Dee Wonder entry.
10/10

8. Baby Gold - "Take Me Into Fire" (extended)
The best part of this song is the riff, but not by a huge margin. It gives the been there done that feel. Not because it's bad, but because among the other entries it just kinda lurks in the shadows and fails to shine through. It seems almost trying to hard to be better than the other songs. It's great, don't get me wrong, just not amazing.
7+/10

9. Kara Mell - "Run Away" (extended)
this one will grow on me without a doubt. Right now it just seems to be missing the final umph. I love the fact that it is slower that the other entries and the ABC line is really cute. there is even a cool retro melody in the verses. and the chorus has the ever so present Italo magic, but the bridge kinda just sneaks in there unnoticed. I only remember the ABC and 123. The chorus where only the lines Run Away are sung is the one that sounds most effective IMOP. Another great song that quite possibly could turn out to be my fav woith some intense listening.
9-/10

10. Alison Batton - "Your Are The Reason For My Happiness" (extended)
another entry from Mrs Batton. This one of those songs that has the upward spiral effect. The verses are somewhat catchy, nit powerful, but as you cross the bridge you are definalety getting ready for the ultra catchy chorus. This is where all the HRG fun dwells. The chorus could've easily been repeated indefinately throughout the song and still been a bomba. The riff is the perfect transcession to the verses as it slows down a bit, but never losing it's melody. very good thought out composition from Live Music team.
8/10

11. Bazooka Girl - "Paraoke" (extended)
this one was already showcased on another compilation. Still a nice to gem to listen to when you get that Karaoki feel. Very smart title. It kinda gives the vision os doing some strange Paraoki moves to Parapara danceing.
8/10

one of the better entries in the catalog. wait a minuet, they are all great, but this delivers in both Fast Agreesive mateial and ultra fun songs. In a pefect world where Eurobeat ruled the airwaves and dance clubs, these songs would all be mega ultra floor fillers. What an incredible way to start off the new moth. 8)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 Sep 2009, 11:37

Some of these releases were interesting, but there were a couple of bland ones tossed in there. I enjoyed 'Black Jack', 'Steppin' to the Clock', 'Run Away'... even 'Cabarello with Umbrella' wasn't too bad.

It is pleasing to see that HRG are producing more songs longer than 4:30.00 now. I've noticed this for a while, but now it's becoming more commonplace.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Sep 2009, 04:43

Coming soon - Tornado & Friends: The Boostbusters!
ImageImage

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 14 Sep 2009, 06:42

For me this was the first time I immediately fell in love with a Hi-NRG Attack song. After hearing the Black Jack sample I decided to buy a .wav of the song :!: