Super Eurobeat 185

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 22 Feb 2008, 17:22

Did anybody catch on the King & Queen song the way she sings "go go baby go"?...sounds much like the way it's sung on GO GO by DJ NRG.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 22 Feb 2008, 18:27

MEGA NRG MAN & DOMINO FTW! :3 chachachaaaa~
(I like Cody's track, too.)
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Feb 2008, 20:01

para_rigby wrote:Did anybody catch on the King & Queen song the way she sings "go go baby go"?...sounds much like the way it's sung on GO GO by DJ NRG.
hmm... no... I think it's rehash of "Go Baby Go" by A-Beat Sisters.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Feb 2008, 22:22

Hmmm, very disappointed by these samples, especially after the massive tracks to come out of 184 (Super Rider, Yes I Will, My Sweet Forever...)

Maybe the full versions will sound better... :???:

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 22 Feb 2008, 22:48

didn't anyone notice take it easy/vanessa = night in tokyo/alexis?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Feb 2008, 01:59

Agreeing with others that this probably isn't the best of the 180's, but it does have its highlights.

Candy Baby is, without a doubt, my favorite track at the moment. Christine is a title I always expect quality from, and my hopes for a hit as sweet as candy were not in vain. An awesome display of what she's always best at, with a Kiki & Fancy touch to it that works oh so brilliantly. Pararappa Dance (which is like Go Bananas, except not nearly as redundant) and Bomba (another great experimental HRG performance surely welcome after the so-so Jeff Driller song from 184) are not far behind.

But in general, quite a few of these samples seem a bit bit mixed. The King & Queen song this time actually sounds pretty feisty this time, but while the chorus went off to great start, it kind of fell down once a few odd notes were thrown in and wrenched out its high potential. My Oh My has a great chorus, but its synthline is uninteresting and repetitve. Pamsy's track didn't really capture me as much as I hoped, but I do enjoy the faster pace in contrast to her other songs as of late, so I guess it'll be cool so long as the unheard areas are solid. Back To The 80's surprised me, as I was automatically expecting something energetic and cheery with a song title as intriguing as that, so I was kind of disappointed when it came off as an airy ballad performance (although it does pick up the pace by Domino's synth interlude).

The downside of this compilation, though, is its plentiful amount of filler tracks, something that's becoming far more uncommon in these days of eurobeat imo. Take It Easy and Feel Me Tender are just meh performances that represent exactly what I don't like about Time (why do they resort to this dull style so frequently), and I was honestly starting to fall asleep during that watery Annalise track. Digital Planet and Kelly T. kind of struggle vocalwise, with uninspired songs only to add to that. I have a fond appreciation for both artists, but in general I think they deserve stronger treatment, as neither of them have really stood out in their more recent songs.

But overall, I don't think this CD is too subpar - its standouts are still just as prominent as ever; I just think Avex could've picked out a far more well-rounded compilation, as this just seems to be dominated by kind of lulled performances. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's most likely behind the other releases of the decade so far.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 23 Feb 2008, 02:49

slight problem. the sample supposed to be for Baby Gold - Kiss Me now is the same as the Sara - Baby fly sample. hope the cd doesn't end up like that, i've unfortunately experienced that myself.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2008, 04:01

#Infinity
drnrg apparently actually likes a Christine song?
I knew that would stand out among my first impressions. I base about 70% of liking a song on vocals and riff and this particular Christine song sounds rather good. The last song of Christine that I liked was Yeah Yeah. Anyways, This cd is about 50/50 for me. There really isn't anything subpar. I either like it or hate it 8)

taQ
didn't anyone notice take it easy/vanessa = night in tokyo/alexis?
Exactly what I like about it. :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Feb 2008, 05:13

I don't really understand why Dall'Ora is rehashing songs he produced around 10 albums ago. Can't he borrow the formula he used with his older productions so it isn't as obvious using modern eurobeat flava? Sort of like how he produced "Fever & Music".

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2008, 06:48

Jay
I don't really understand why Dall'Ora is rehashing songs he produced around 10 albums ago. Can't he borrow the formula he used with his older productions so it isn't as obvious using modern eurobeat flava? Sort of like how he produced "Fever & Music".
Probly it's AVEX who don't care if it's obvious or not. They are ones who choose the songs. I'm guessing the Vanessa track might have been done around the same TIME as One Nite In Tokyo and AVEX wanna see if the same formula produces another hit?
The track that really boggles my mind was the Digital Planet. They started out great with West End Boy, but then somehow took a wrong path. I mean seriously, has there been a better D.P. track since West End Guy.

Anybody got a link to the real Baby Gold son?g. I'm putting my money on that one 8)

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 23 Feb 2008, 07:48

the_ditz wrote:Hmmm, very disappointed by these samples, especially after the massive tracks to come out of 184 (Super Rider, Yes I Will, My Sweet Forever...)

Maybe the full versions will sound better... :???:
I feel the same.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 23 Feb 2008, 09:26

Seems like Cody's track is quite old, since Davide Gelosa is doing the vocals.
Well, either that, or he's back at Delta.
Oh, and for the real Baby Gold sample, check out [url=mms://wms2.avexnet.or.jp/avexnet/supereurobeat/AVCD-10185_014.asf]this link[/url] 8)
(Yay, finally some diversity in HRG female vocalists!)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 Feb 2008, 10:54

Get me baaack to eighties need no ootherrr ladddyyy ~ :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2008, 11:50

cheeseman
Oh, and for the real Baby Gold sample, check out this link
(Yay, finally some diversity in HRG female vocalists!)
That's what I'm talking about. Add anotherone to HRG's hit list . What a great sounding chord progression riff. So you are saying it's a new vocalist? I hear two vocals overlaping, but what do I know :P

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 23 Feb 2008, 13:38

drnrg wrote:So you are saying it's a new vocalist?
I'd say it's Alice :wink:
However, the track isn't that new - it's behind "Get My Hot Gun" in HRG's catalogue.