Your favorite song by Elena Gobbi

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 25 Oct 2004, 13:15

Bore wrote:
ronald wrote:I do like her Eurobeat works ....... "Jolie" is one of my favorites.
But do prefere her work in her "early" days.
Helen and Miss Sage on Memory Records, Tiffiny Jones and the fantastic Giorgia Morandi on Flea Records, Feminuci and Barbara on Asia Records so far some productions which come up in my head.
A very nice voice from a very nice and friendly lady !!!!!!!!

Ronald.
Uh I just heard the Giorgia Morandi songs for the first time and they are simply incredible. I was expecting something I wouldn't like as I'm not too big on the earlier italo songs in general... Jump For Joy was pure joy indeed... thanks for letting me know about her pre a-beat c era :3
It's very interresting the look back before the time of ABEATC.
Sandro Oliva and Gina Caria working for Cundari's "Memory Records" with the "Harlequin" studio in the center of Mantova.
Dave Rodgers (Aleph) had there second track "Fly to me", it was not interesting enought for Memory Records. So Rodgers got intouch with Mauro Farina / Maolini ... the start of something nice.
The contacts with Oliva and Caria did stay .........
After Rodgers broke with Maoilini, he created material for Flea Records.
In a seperate section inside the "Harlequin" he created lots of productions togehter with Olia as "Felex the fox" and or "Franky Lee".
This was I quess the start of what later became ABEATC !!!!
Elena Gobbi as Giorgia Morandi is working with Rodgers and Oliva over more than 12 years now.
Living in Finland much give you easy access to get into the sound before ABEATC !!!!!!
As a Eurobeat fan you must "enter" this period cause it's the basic start of what later became Eurobeat !!!!
I could help with some Flea material if you want ..... perhaps you can help me with some SEB material.
If you interrested you can mail me:
rfh.rosenthal@td.klm.com

Adios,

Ronald

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 25 Oct 2004, 14:46

ronald wrote:
Bore wrote:
ronald wrote:I do like her Eurobeat works ....... "Jolie" is one of my favorites.
But do prefere her work in her "early" days.
Helen and Miss Sage on Memory Records, Tiffiny Jones and the fantastic Giorgia Morandi on Flea Records, Feminuci and Barbara on Asia Records so far some productions which come up in my head.
A very nice voice from a very nice and friendly lady !!!!!!!!

Ronald.
Uh I just heard the Giorgia Morandi songs for the first time and they are simply incredible. I was expecting something I wouldn't like as I'm not too big on the earlier italo songs in general... Jump For Joy was pure joy indeed... thanks for letting me know about her pre a-beat c era :3
It's very interresting the look back before the time of ABEATC.
Sandro Oliva and Gina Caria working for Cundari's "Memory Records" with the "Harlequin" studio in the center of Mantova.
Dave Rodgers (Aleph) had there second track "Fly to me", it was not interesting enought for Memory Records. So Rodgers got intouch with Mauro Farina / Maolini ... the start of something nice.
The contacts with Oliva and Caria did stay .........
After Rodgers broke with Maoilini, he created material for Flea Records.
In a seperate section inside the "Harlequin" he created lots of productions togehter with Olia as "Felex the fox" and or "Franky Lee".
This was I quess the start of what later became ABEATC !!!!
Elena Gobbi as Giorgia Morandi is working with Rodgers and Oliva over more than 12 years now.
Living in Finland much give you easy access to get into the sound before ABEATC !!!!!!
As a Eurobeat fan you must "enter" this period cause it's the basic start of what later became Eurobeat !!!!
I could help with some Flea material if you want ..... perhaps you can help me with some SEB material.
If you interrested you can mail me:
rfh.rosenthal@td.klm.com

Adios,

Ronald
Yeah that era is indeed interesting and mostly very good even after all these years. I've been slowly getting into the slower italo-eras. I love many of the current eurobeat faces that appeared on Flea or Asia as they made awesome songs even back then. Chris' songs were great and I in particular love the freaky 'Crazy Cat', quite the contrast to her current releases.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Dec 2004, 19:40

This is kinda freaky... but I was browsing through sebs and noticed that from SEB 60 on to date there are only 3 super eurobeat albums where there aren't any Elena Gobbi vocals. And that's quite a heavy amount of work from her... 64, 142 and 144 were the ones without her and aside she's everywhere.

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Your favorite song by Elena Gobbi

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 09 Jul 2019, 20:45

I still can't believe, how many names just a single singer can have! :grin:

But to the topic. Unfortunately I don't have many favorite-songs from Elena Gobbi. But these are the ones, that I really like and I had in my playlist, too:

As Lolita:

Wake up

From the Go Go Girls:

Do you wanna dance
D.I.S.C.O.
Crazy for you
My hot guitar

That's all!