SEB Package to be released on iTunes in November

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Dec 2008, 17:23

VIP is pretty weak. It really doesn't have anything special over Dave's other performances melodically, and the synths are just super watery and infirm. The only song I've really enjoyed from Dave since the 160's was Sun City 2008, which was a cover.
ImageImage

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Dec 2008, 18:09

First airy synths, now watery synths? What's next? Earthy and Firey synths? :!: :!:

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 01 Dec 2008, 18:35

DJ Mike TJG wrote:I really don't get all this adulation Dave Rodgers STILL gets. He was great in the old days, but in all his newer stuff he warbles off-pitch so much it drives me nuts! But I guess that's the gift AND curse of perfect pitch annoying me...
Even though I have never been his greatest fan, I gotta defend old Dave here. If you're talking about VIP is JP, okay... he's way off-key there. But Disco Fire? His vocals are very good in that song! Didn't like Neo's version much, but Dave brought this song to life! Maybe your ears for a perfect pitch mislead you here :evil:

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 01 Dec 2008, 18:39

#Infinity wrote: It really doesn't have anything special over Dave's other performances melodically, and the synths are just super watery and infirm.
That's because it wasn't about the synths, it was about the awesome guitar riffs.

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 01 Dec 2008, 19:24

If we want to conclude a bad DR song that everyone can agree on, it should be Make Up Your Mind and not VIP or Disco Fire.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 01 Dec 2008, 19:49

Brisk wrote:If we want to conclude a bad DR song that everyone can agree on, it should be Make Up Your Mind and not VIP or Disco Fire.
Who made you board leader? Lets not do that, since I happened to like Make Up Your Mind.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Dec 2008, 19:50

valiant wrote:
Brisk wrote:If we want to conclude a bad DR song that everyone can agree on, it should be Make Up Your Mind and not VIP or Disco Fire.
Who made you board leader? Lets not do that, since I happened to like Make Up Your Mind.
On it's own, MUYM is not a bad song per se, but when you put it up against the Wain L version, there's not much left to say.

BTW, how does "Love In The Elevator" sound?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Dec 2008, 20:08

valiant wrote:
Agreed, I really enjoy that song, and actually prefer it to the Wain L. version. Yes, I realise I'm mostly alone, but I like being rebelious! :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 01 Dec 2008, 20:10

Chalk up another one with perfect pitch. ;3

I like Neo's songs and vocals for very different reasons than I like Dave's. I like both about the same. They're different styles no matter what, it's like comparing apples to raspberries (no, not oranges)— they're both fruit (and both can be pretty tart if they're underripe), but they're both vastly different.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 01 Dec 2008, 20:10

^ Para_Rigby
Doesn't mean it is an awful song if it is not as good as the original.

It is surprising that Love In the Elevator was not on an album. It is a good one. I recommend it.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Dec 2008, 20:33

Not Gonna Get Us.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Dec 2008, 20:51

Bore wrote:Not Gonna Get Us.
Another song I really enjoyed. Seriously, I've decided that I love all Dave Rodgers tracks that the wider Eurobeat fanbase can't stand! :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Dec 2008, 21:08

In my oh-so humble opinion, Not Gonna Get Us was just embarrassing to listen to, and regardless who sings Make Up Your Mind the song is nothing without Karen's vocals. heh

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 01 Dec 2008, 23:45

Actually, the bizarre part about MUYM, for me, is that when Dave did backing vocals for the original, he actually sounds really good there, yet when he re-recorded it years later with himself in the lead, he just sounds... off. Alright, there's not much to go on in the original, but in the bits when you can hear him sing backing without Karen, it really does sound like solid, classic Dave.

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Dec 2008, 01:50

DJ Mike TJG wrote:Actually, the bizarre part about MUYM, for me, is that when Dave did backing vocals for the original, he actually sounds really good there, yet when he re-recorded it years later with himself in the lead, he just sounds... off. Alright, there's not much to go on in the original, but in the bits when you can hear him sing backing without Karen, it really does sound like solid, classic Dave.

NO YOU'RE SO WRONG I HATE YOU! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE DECISIONS ON EUROBEAT! WHO MADE YOU THE BOARD LEADER?

End sarcasm lol...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p