Super Eurobeat 193

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Jan 2009, 23:04

Can a Canadian can tell me if I can hear the samples on iShit with a Canadian iTunes account? (I don't want to buy srly... my album's been shipped). Because I don't wanna install this BS to see a message "Sorry, you don't live in Japan".
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 06 Jan 2009, 23:14

The Previews are not long enough !! We cant even hear complete riffs !
Can't wait to get my copy...David Dima's song looks epic !
EDIT: HOLY CRAP NUMBER ONE IS AWESOME !! :o

Lebon14: Your not forced to have an iTunes account to listen to samples...you just need iTunes.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Jan 2009, 23:34

Samples are quite well done for now, No bad songs which I hope is the same for the album, which I might be receiving some time soon or probably next week.

I am pretty darn impressed by Space Boy, Back in the SEB 170 DVD, I saw the "remade" space boy on the concert show and I was blown away. I never actually thought this one on 193 would sound quite similar to that! Overall, It could be my own biasness, but this remake has win stamped all over it.

I am liking Try Me, Number One, Looka Bomba, Hot Vampire and TYTFIL. Overall, There really isn't a bad song to complain about at the moment.
Last edited by WNight on 07 Jan 2009, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Jan 2009, 00:25

Lebon14 wrote:Can a Canadian can tell me if I can hear the samples on iShit with a Canadian iTunes account? (I don't want to buy srly... my album's been shipped). Because I don't wanna install this BS to see a message "Sorry, you don't live in Japan".
You can browse any iTunes store without an account, you just need a Japanese account to buy stuff from the Japanese store (which requires a Japanese credit card.. but there is a way to register without one and use gift cards)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Jan 2009, 00:29

For those that want to s--t over iTunes, I've ripped the previews. Download with one of those links :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdmi5c
or here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7RZXXYI
or here (for god sake) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7657 ... b9a8902bda

2. Neverending Story.
The original is just really good. I mean it. This one just doesn't fail! :D

3. Save A Prayer.
I didn't have any expectation for this song and, to my surprise, it's really good :)

4. Hung Up
I got the song on Juno a while ago. It's a really good. I love it! ...even if the genre of the song is not really eurobeat... sound more techno. But, really good like I said :D

5. Video Killed The Radio Star
Woah. A pretty fun ride. The original is pretty good (and makes no sense like Eurobeat). A good Eurobeat cover in perspective. :)

6. Bad Desire
I love that song. Really good. :D

7. Doctor Love
This is a very good song. Too bad I couldn't download it before my album got shipped (blame Juno, not Newfield). :)

8. Try Me
...The first boring song of the album. no... just no... No good. :(

9. Too Young To Fall In Love
Filler. :(

10. Hot Vampire
Holy God! I really missed energetic Go 2! This song kick ass. :D

11. Looka Bomba
Better than the original. Way to go Go Go Girls! :D

12. Number One
Better than the original. The new sounds fits way better! :D

13. Ike Ike
I fail to see the difference... yet... :|

14. Space Boy
Something's missing... Yes, I got it. New sounds. :|

Sounds like a really good album to me :D
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Jan 2009, 00:49

Thanks Lebon! I was going crazy 'cause I'm stuck at work and wasn't able to hear the samples.

I just heard Hot Vampire and Looka Bomba and just almost died of a heart attack. (A good, sexy heart attack)

*_*

(I love how in Hot Vampire, they're like GO2! GO GO GIRLS! haha)

Judging by the samples... Hot Vampire, Looka Bomba, Number One, and Ike Ike stand out the most for me. The Try Me and Space Boy remixes aren't as good as I hoped... the background vocals in Too Young To Fall In Love are really weird - I'm not sure if I like them or not.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 07 Jan 2009, 01:16

Based on the sample, Save a Prayer is just as awesome as I was expecting. They should make a whole album of Duran Duran covers.

Edit: 9-12 are really awesome. I really want to hear the rest of that synth riff in TYTFIL. And for eurobeat labels to just start covering each other into eternity. I think sticking too close to the original BPMs for the A Beat-C remakes was a bad idea. The rest of the album has overwhelming energy compared to those two tracks.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Jan 2009, 02:19

First off I gotta thank Lebon for the previews. I doin't wanna download itunes just for samples and damn good sound quality.
next off there are some amazing tunes on this cd,

02 Lou Hunter / The Never Ending Story [Eurogrooves]
This is like the new Stylophones song. Wow this cut sounds amazing and Mr. Dall Ora has really injected some Eurobeat onto this Limahl classic
:) :grin: :D

03 David Dima / Save A Prayer [Dima]
Hearing Eurogrooves side by side with Dima really lets me hear those similiarities in soundworlds. Duran Duran's was an instsnt clssic, but Dima is sweeten it up in Eurobeat bpms as well.
:) :grin:

04 Tipsy & Tipsy / Hung Up [Saifam Asia]
Something about this clip just doesn't click. Pehaps that I didn't like the original too much, Well, have to hear the entire song.
:|

05 Tina Ray / Video Killed The Radio Star [Eurogrooves]
This sure doesn't sound like Elena nor Dahny. Love the soundworlds in this entire clip ohwo ohwo. The buggles never sounded this great.

06 Mark Farina feat. FCF / (A New) Bad Desire [Saifam Asia]
I just don't think this song works at such high bmps. It's like speeding up Japan Japan or Body Rock. They just lose thier lustre-
:(

07 Kevin & Cherry / Doctor Love [Delta]
I already I like this and I still do.
:)

08 Lolita / Try Me (Platinum Mix) [A-Beat C]
Someone turn up the volume please! This is weak.

09 Dejo / Too Young To Fall In Love [SinclaireStyle]
I kinda like the warped female backups and the riff, by why remake a Gino classic, when he can better tackle his own hits like Tokyo Tokyo or Burning Love.

10 Go2 / Hot Vampire [SCP]
Hot Damn this works. I'm so glad they changed those lyrics to "she". This one gonna be sexy. Both guys sound great!

11. Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba [Go Go's Music]
I was never a huge hit of the original, so this sinks even deeper. They should have chose Note For Sale and changed the title to Love For Sale. Just my opinion.

12 Fastway & Christine / Number One [SCP]
The original is way better, but Fastway sounds exactly the same as he did 10 years ago. The synths were 10 times stronger in the original, but it's still gonna sound good to me.

13 Pistol Girl / Ike Ike [Hi-NRG Attack]
Those synths sound even more hyped than Pistol Girl. Well, it's HRG so a side of me still loves it.

14 Dave Rodgers feat. Mike Garson & Rafael Moreira / Space Boy (Grand Mix) [A-Beat C]
Added synths and guitar licks sound sweet, but when a classic is allready that good how can you better it. It would have to take on a whole new life like Mike Hammer's and Toby Vales "Heartbreaker" did. still sounds cool, I guess...

The overall samples got me hyped. It's also cause this rips Lebon uploaded have such killer sound, but aside from a few songs ,this cd should make me happy. Superhyped for Eurogrooves, Dima and SCP

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Jan 2009, 02:21

My first impressions of the samples:

2. The Neverending Story / Lou Hunter: Sounds pretty good so far. The backup chimes give it a prominent Christmas feel.

3. Save A Prayer / David Dima: A cover that works quite well with Dima elements. I love the transition into what sounds like a very promising synth hook, and I'm sure I will love this once I purchase it.
:D

4. Hung Up / Tipsy & Tipsy: Just a bland, sped-up version of the original song, which I feel like I've heard a million times before anyway, complete with a basic, uninteresting Saifam soundworld and vocals that aren't bad, but not particularly interesting. Filler at best for me.

5. Video Killed The Radio Star / Tina Ray: This sounds like a very interesting cover. The song itself sounds a lot catchier here and benefits from great sounds and good vocals. One of my favorite samples.

6. Bad Desire / Mark Farina feat. F.C.F.: Not a tremendously different version from the 2003 cover, but the production does sound a little stronger and more complete, which is a plus. Overall not bad.

7. Doctor Love 2009 / Kevin & Cherry: A bit underproduced, but still a great remake.

8. Try Me -Platinum Mix- / Lolita: It just sounds like the same, original track, except with standard, newer A-Beat C sounds, the powerful 90's atmosphere nowhere to be found. Pretty forgettable.

9. Too Young To Fall To Fall In Love / DeJo: Never heard the original song by Edo, but I don't like the shrieky female backup vocals in this version. The production is catchy, though.

10. Hot Vampire / Go 2: Much better than the bland Go Go Girls original on SEB 114. This track seems to fit Go 2 a lot more effectively, and the production values are quite top-notch.

11. Looka Bomba / Go Go Girls: A nice female answer to the Go 2 version, but definitely not quite in that same leauge.

12. Number One / Fastway & Christine: Something is a bit lacking in the redone chorus in contrast to the original, but the new synths still add a nice modern flavor to the package on-whole.

13. Ike Ike 2009 / Pistol Girl: Wow, the vocals here are even weaker and more out-of-tune than they were in the original by Tri-Star. The newer sounds do absolutely nothing except make the track sound less melodic and more overproduced. A terrible sample overall, and easily the worst out of the whole set.

14. Space Boy -Grand Mix- / Dave Rodgers feat. Mike Garson & Rafael Moreira: It honestly doesn't sound much different from the 1997 version, but it's definitely not a travesty. The newer production elements work about as soundly as the old ones did, and I'm looking forward to the supposed guitar solos in the full cut.

Top 3:
- Video Killed The Radio Star / Tina Ray
- Save A Prayer / David Dima
- Hot Vampire / Go 2

Bottom 3:
- Ike Ike 2009 / Pistol Girl
- Hung Up / Tipsy & Tipsy
- Try Me -Platinum Mix-
Last edited by #Infinity on 07 Jan 2009, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 07 Jan 2009, 03:09

At least iTunes have better sound quality for samples than Mumo.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Jan 2009, 03:26

http://music.mu-mo.net/album/?id=37073& ... subgenre=9

Quick thoughts on a couple of songs:

Hung Up - Reminds me very fondly of the stuff Saifam put on Dancemania Speed. Hell, slap a Wildside label on this, and I'd say we're set. Maybe doesn't *quite* fit on an SEB, but thems good music.

Hot Vampire - Sample doesn't do justice. Sounds better with the whole package, so that the key change doesn't make it too jarring.

Number One - Definitely new vocals. Definitely sounds updated. It's not necessarily BETTER than the original, and not *much* was done, but it's nice, nonetheless.

Looka Bomba - Maybe not the best song they could have picked? Is it even Domino and Lolita singing this? The vocals just sound WAY too warped, very un-Gogo Girls-like. Maybe it would have been better with one of Ace's solos?

Ike Ike - The vocals just feel weird. Normal pitched, mixed with high-pitched, and the levels just seemed to vary, so it's hard to tell what's actually supposed to be the main part, and it just sounds like a mess.
Last edited by Mikaeru on 07 Jan 2009, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jion

Post by Jion » 07 Jan 2009, 04:06

drnrg wrote:11. Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba [Go Go's Music]
I was never a huge hit of the original, so this sinks even deeper. They should have chose Note For Sale and changed the title to Love For Sale. Just my opinion.
In the history of comments, never has one failed so horribly. Epic Fail.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Jan 2009, 04:37

MINI REVIEW (From what I bought on mu-mo)

Go 2 / Hot Vampire (5/5)

When I first heard this song was being sung by Go2 I was trying to think how this would sound like. I mean, Two males singing a pretty feminine Go Go Girls song? I could never imagine them singing "sex vampire" either. xD Though, they definitely pulled this off. They made the song their own. The voice-sound in this song is so masculine, it's so powerful. It was tactful to change "he's coming" to "she's coming"... The song is just so in your face aggressive. (thanks for that line, Jorge. XD)

Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba (5/5)

I have to say ... thank god for Go Go's Music. It's so awesome to finally have "DOMINO AND LOLITA" Go Go Girl songs. You can distinctively point out both girls, and it doesn't sound like the ABeatC "we unplugged Domino's mic" Go Go Girls songs from the past. With that said, the voice-sound in this song is haunting... the harmonies and the way both girls sing together is pure gold, especially in the chorus. Again, when Domino told me she and Lolita remade Looka Bomba, I had a "wtf" moment - I didn't know how this was going to turn out... but it turned out to be amazing.

Fastway & Christine / Number One (5/5)

I love the resung vocals in this song SO MUCH. Christine isn't all pitched to hell and Fastway sounds more up-to-date (if that made sense. XD) The song is SO full of bass, and thankfully that doesn't subtract from the song... it actually adds an element to the track that makes it unique from the original... as I would believe that it was difficult to remake this song without changing drastic elements. Anyway, this song is definite hit.

Pistol Girl / Ike Ike (4/5)

Okay... first off... to just get this out of the way - I like the original MUCH better than this song. Though, this doesn't change the fact that this remake sounds good to me. The voice-sound changes in pitch throughout the song, which is kind of weird. The vocalist's singing is deeper than I imagined it to be, but I think gives the song a different feel from the original. It's a decent song but nothing to write home about.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 Jan 2009, 05:00

omg....the piano sequences in Space Boy (Grand Mix) are so strange, I freaked out when I first heard it. The song uses a LOT of piano, so it is pretty interesting, although incredibly awkward the first time listening to the full song. The beginning of the song (1:28) is a whole piano sequence o_O and there's even another one at the end of the song!

Jion

Post by Jion » 07 Jan 2009, 05:18

Speaking of fail, never has random piano been a horrible thing until Space Boy (Grand Mix). The randomness of the piano and the horrible cut and paste job at the beginning of the song is terrible. If it was just the new synths and guitar it would have been a killer remake. The random piano is so distracting and make the song more of a pain to listen to than pitched HRG vocalists. The piano during the breakdown at the 3:45 mark was passable but the rest (besides the end of the song) make this song fail so bad. HOW CAN A SONG WITH SUCH AN AWESOME GUITAR ARRANGEMENT FAIL... BY A PIANO!?

-19,0005678 out of 10

kthxbye
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p