Super Eurobeat 193

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Jan 2009, 06:10

Jion
drnrg wrote:
11. Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba [Go Go's Music]
I was never a huge hit of the original, so this sinks even deeper. They should have chose Note For Sale and changed the title to Love For Sale. Just my opinion.

In the history of comments, never has one failed so horribly. Epic
why was that comment an epic fail? cuz of accociating GoGo Girls with Love for sale theme? both Moltocarina and Drama had songs with the same title. I guess I should have said change the whole lyrics of the song to better fit the Love For Sale theme.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 Jan 2009, 09:08

This whole release will probably be another classic example in which the samples do not do justice to the productions as wholes, but I must admit I'm extremely underwhelmed from what I've heard so far.

I'll save most of my criticisms for my full review, but what the hell is with the vocals in some of these songs? 'Ike Ike', 'Video Killed the Radio Star' and 'Too Young to Fall in Love' contain some of the most hideous vocalwork I've listened to in a eurobeat song. Ever.

Jion

Post by Jion » 07 Jan 2009, 11:53

drnrg wrote:Jion
drnrg wrote:
11. Go Go Girls / Looka Bomba [Go Go's Music]
I was never a huge hit of the original, so this sinks even deeper. They should have chose Note For Sale and changed the title to Love For Sale. Just my opinion.

In the history of comments, never has one failed so horribly. Epic
why was that comment an epic fail? cuz of accociating GoGo Girls with Love for sale theme? both Moltocarina and Drama had songs with the same title. I guess I should have said change the whole lyrics of the song to better fit the Love For Sale theme.
Then it wouldn't be a cover of Not For Sale at all but an entirely new song much like Lolita's song "I Wanna Take You Up" borrowing elements from Shake Me Up by Valentina & Mirka which isn't the theme this CD is going for. It's about covers.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 07 Jan 2009, 12:56

I just bought the album off mu-mo today, (Yes, I will be selling my album off to my cousin who will be buying it so I bought it online) and I have to say I am very impressed.

Will be writing a review once I have listened for a week.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Jan 2009, 01:15

I love Video Killed The Radio Star. Such an awesome remake all-around, without a doubt. The vocalist sounded unusually familiar to me, and after listening to the track a few times, I've figured out that it's actually sung by Annerley Gordon.

I'll review this album later, but like Panu I'm not gonna be posting it immediately because my overall impressions often change within some time.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Jan 2009, 01:44

#Infinity
I love Video Killed The Radio Star. Such an awesome remake all-around, without a doubt. The vocalist sounded unusually familiar to me, and after listening to the track a few times, I've figured out that it's actually sung by Annerley Gordon.
I knew it wasn't Elena nor Dahny. Annerly was Ann Sinclaire at TIME and also did that Rose remake for Perfect TIME. Nice to see her jump to Dall Ora's stabel and sounding better than she does at ABEATC. I think she would make a nice addition to Eurogrooves what, 2 female vocalists. :)

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 08 Jan 2009, 02:27

I don't judge songs with just samples because many a time my world has been turned upside down upon hearing the real thing.

I will say I'm very anxious to receive my copy. New Dima is so hot and I really enjoyed what I heard of Hot Vampire so far 8)

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 08 Jan 2009, 02:29

Im so disappointed at the beginning of Space Boy -Grand Mix- ... It's starts off so rude ! ... Besides that , the remix is great !

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 08 Jan 2009, 14:31

I've heard many people saying ''I'm disappointed about Space Boy's intro''
It's awesome, and great to hear some piano's. Anyways, the pianos around 5min. are just messy.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 08 Jan 2009, 21:32

Save A Prayer is just as awesome as I was expecting. Such a great tune in the first place, and it translates beautifully into the Eurobeat genre. Dima is most definitely my favourite producer now. Really hope that he's on the series to stay now :grin:

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 09 Jan 2009, 02:18

Space Boy and Hot Vampire is just god damn awesome to the maximum I can't stop praising them. Never had I got an album where two or maybe three (Including the up and down Try Me) songs blew me off even harder than my "Fevernova" era, which was already god awesome.

This is very great. I can almost confirm that Go 2 and DR's remix WILL be the absolute hit of the album for me.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 09 Jan 2009, 04:37

the_ditz wrote:Save A Prayer is just as awesome as I was expecting. Such a great tune in the first place, and it translates beautifully into the Eurobeat genre. Dima is most definitely my favourite producer now. Really hope that he's on the series to stay now :grin:
I wasn't that surprised by 'Save a Prayer', and not in the best sense. Don't get me wrong, it's very well produced and a great song all around, but it sounds like another 'Tsundere Night'. I'm still waiting for Dima's females to appear on SEB to curb the repetitiveness, which might happen on 194.

Some complain about the lack of Dima on SEB, but I feel his exposure on the series is fine. A lot of people would become tired of his usual style quickly if he appeared on every release.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 09 Jan 2009, 05:23

Jay wrote:(...)it sounds like another 'Tsundere Night'. I'm still waiting for Dima's females to appear on SEB to curb the repetitiveness, which might happen on 194.
Perhaps his vocals alone are requested by Avex?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 09 Jan 2009, 08:42

Maybe it's just my personal preference, but I've always preferred the Dima-style male tracks to the female ones. I could easily listen to his style all day long and he is still one of the best creators of super-catchy synth hooks in the Eurobeat world.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 09 Jan 2009, 13:01

I can't help but think of words like flaming, prissy or flamboyant when I listen to Hot Vampire.... hrrhrh