first post

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Davey
Bad Bad Bad

first post

Post by Davey » 18 Dec 2008, 00:29

Hi guys, my first post here - I was told to search for para para and it took me ages to find an active forum - I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is ok!

Ok where to start, I'm 22 and from the UK and been a long time rock music fan for as long as I can remember - well anyway I was quite into the "scene" as well as the music (clothing, friends, going to gigs etc) and basically as the years have gone by (for whatever reason) I've just fallen out of love with it all, I've had too many bad experiences and arguments and got involved in stupid things and in truth ive just got no passion for the music anymore - simply put its time to try something new!

After LOTS of thinking I've decided that I should try to listen to something kinda dancey maybe well perhaps electronic is a better word - something thats just completely different to what I'm used to - its scary because I've always HATED dance music but its got to a stage where I realise I need to expand my horizons and rock music just does not do it for me anymore.

I dont have many friends who aren't into rock but someone I do know said that I should try something called eurobeat as it could be right up my street - I have to admit its not something I know much about but thats why I've ended up here!

So does anyone have advice for me?

...would anyone be interested in perhaps being a bit of a guide for me and helping me get into this music? Almost like a music personal trainer lol

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Dec 2008, 00:35

Welcome to the boards. :)

If you're into rock music, you've found a great genre. Anything by The Snake, Manuel, Fastway, Powerful T, Ace, Go2 and a few from Dave Rodgers and Niko will probably suit your palate. A lot of the vocalists from Power Metal, in fact, have sung for Eurobeat as well. (Rhapsody's lead singer, for instance, has frequently sided with ABeatC; Kiko Loureiro is also an ABeatC favorite for guitar work.)
We should warn you; there's some overly cutesy Eurobeat tracks that really do a lot to push new fans away. Stick with those and work your way in, and you'll be a Eurobeat maniac just like the rest of us. (Promising, no?)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Re: first post

Post by WNight » 18 Dec 2008, 05:10

Davey wrote:Hi guys, my first post here - I was told to search for para para and it took me ages to find an active forum - I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is ok!

Ok where to start, I'm 22 and from the UK and been a long time rock music fan for as long as I can remember - well anyway I was quite into the "scene" as well as the music (clothing, friends, going to gigs etc) and basically as the years have gone by (for whatever reason) I've just fallen out of love with it all, I've had too many bad experiences and arguments and got involved in stupid things and in truth ive just got no passion for the music anymore - simply put its time to try something new!

After LOTS of thinking I've decided that I should try to listen to something kinda dancey maybe well perhaps electronic is a better word - something thats just completely different to what I'm used to - its scary because I've always HATED dance music but its got to a stage where I realise I need to expand my horizons and rock music just does not do it for me anymore.

I dont have many friends who aren't into rock but someone I do know said that I should try something called eurobeat as it could be right up my street - I have to admit its not something I know much about but thats why I've ended up here!

So does anyone have advice for me?

...would anyone be interested in perhaps being a bit of a guide for me and helping me get into this music? Almost like a music personal trainer lol
Well, where do I start? Ok, lets just say that eurobeat is just another part of the whole dance/electronic music, but it's still good as it is. There are many rock influenced people who contribute to eurobeat, so you might recognize people like Fabio Tordiglione or Roberto Tiranti immediately. However, Fabio is no longer doing eurobeat. However, there are also many good singers who can pull off wonderful eurobeat on their own, so don't miss out on them.

Eurobeat also has plenty of covers from other genres, so far, we have covers like Not Gonna Get Us by t.A.t.u, Rain by The Cult etc, so if you're lucky, you may get a new outlook to a song from other genres fused into eurobeat style.

Eurobeat can differ in many ways, but most are pretty generic stuff. There are songs ranging from fairly slow to pretty fast. There are songs filled with masculine, aggressive in your face NRG, on the other hand, there are also cutesy happy tracks or tracks filled with lots of love, just like most genres of music, eurobeat does have something for everyone to enjoy. Of course, again, just like any other genre, there will be songs you bound to love a lot or hate a lot. Most people who listen to eurobeat do have favourite artists whom they often look out for as well.

I could probably go on and on, but these are just sample highlights on what eurobeat can offer you, I got started on eurobeat a year ago and never regretted it, so I hope it's the same for you too. Have fun, and keep dancing to eurobeat.

P.S. As an addition to eurobeat, should you really wish to dwell into the electronic music genre stuff, I recomend going into Eurodance, Hyper Techno, Trance and Electronica as well, as these are pretty much the relatives of eurobeat and are also great dance genres that you probably won't want to miss out on.

Davey
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Davey » 18 Dec 2008, 08:16

Thanks for the replies guys!

Sounds interesting that there are tracks from rock artists or borrow from rock but i dont necessarily want to rely on that stuff as its an area i really want to get away from musically, not sure what you guys mean by "cutsey" tracks though.

Generally Ive never been into pop or electronic music so most of the styles or cover tracks probably wont mean much but im trying to not let that put me off!

Wnight its interesting you only recently got into eurobeat, what did you listen to before and how did you get into it?

Not sure about the dancing lol ive never danced in my life! - It feels kinda weird doing this because Ive never liked techno and trance in the past (from what ive heard) but I am trying to keep an open mind here.

So does anyone have advice on what I should do next?

Also mind if i ask how old you guys are? BTW im 20 not 22 as i said in my original post doh.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Dec 2008, 18:15

Davey wrote: Not sure about the dancing lol ive never danced in my life! - It feels kinda weird doing this because Ive never liked techno and trance in the past (from what ive heard) but I am trying to keep an open mind here.
You don't have to dance Parapara, unless you feel compelled to. I personally enjoy the musical facets of Eurobeat a lot, but don't do the Parapara stuff (I know a couple of routines, poorly).
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Dec 2008, 00:11

Welcome on board. I'm a fellow hard Rock fan, just like you and I'm totally addicted to Eurobeat.

To me it's like those older Hi NRG hits of the 80 just speeded up. Think of those Dead Or Alive hits. Anyway all the labels have different style of Eurobeat from The hard Aggressive Rocky punchy songs to the romantic to the fun and catchy to just some wacked out chaotic nonsensiscal tunes, but they all can lift you when you're feeling down and keep you on a positve high for life. At least that's what they do for me 8)

Anyway, don't take it from me, listen for yourself.Check out this sites for previews.

HRG Attack
http://www.junodownload.com/search/?q=H ... 00&x=9&y=9

Saifam
http://www.junodownload.com/search/?q=A ... te=&edate=

Vibration
http://www.junodownload.com/search/?q=V ... te=&edate=

DELTA
http://www.junodownload.com/search/?q=D ... te=&edate=

Then of corse there is MoMu where you can listen to previews of all the newest material. just follow the links at the bottom for more volumes

http://music.mu-mo.net/album/?id=35389& ... subgenre=9

I think this a decent preview of what Eurobeat can offer. be careful you might go broke purchasing all those songs :D [/b]

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 Dec 2008, 05:44

Davey wrote:Thanks for the replies guys!

Sounds interesting that there are tracks from rock artists or borrow from rock but i dont necessarily want to rely on that stuff as its an area i really want to get away from musically, not sure what you guys mean by "cutsey" tracks though.

Generally Ive never been into pop or electronic music so most of the styles or cover tracks probably wont mean much but im trying to not let that put me off!

Wnight its interesting you only recently got into eurobeat, what did you listen to before and how did you get into it?

Not sure about the dancing lol ive never danced in my life! - It feels kinda weird doing this because Ive never liked techno and trance in the past (from what ive heard) but I am trying to keep an open mind here.

So does anyone have advice on what I should do next?

Also mind if i ask how old you guys are? BTW im 20 not 22 as i said in my original post doh.
Before I got into the whole electronic music scene, I was pretty much like you, listening to mainstream songs that MTV and many would be blasting on their Mp3 players, it was only until when I watched Initial D did I discover the wonders of eurobeat, and after that, it kept on snowballing from there and today, dance music are pretty much the dominating genre in my life (Yeah, I kinda gave up on mainstream music already).

You don't really have to dance to them, they are just as good for casual listens, I do try my hands on some para routines but I wasn't a hardcore fan of dancing as I am with electronic music so don't let that get to you. By the way, cutesy tracks refer to eurobeat type of songs in which contains powerpuff girl or Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi type of melody and vocals.

You could start buying some albums, I personally think its a bad time to buy albums at the moment as they are going with the crappy themes which are least to say, annoying, like the upcoming SEB 193 which doesn't seem to be directed at ANY audience but rather, people who have stucked with eurobeat for some time now, but if you want to listen to eurobeat, you got to buy the albums.

:grin:

Davey
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Davey » 19 Dec 2008, 08:20

WNight, I think thats pretty cool that overall you've gotten into dance music, once in a while a change has to be good right?

I have no idea what powerpuff girl or Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi means, im not sure I like the sound of it though!

Drnrg, thats ALOT for the samples, I listened to them and what can i say, they sound very fast and techno \ ravey to me - i have to admit i am put off a little bit is this what eurobeat sounds like? I think it might be really hard for me to get into it because it just sounds like stuff i used to hate in my rocker days - its going to be hard to reverse that thinking - also a lot of it sounds REALLY happy and a bit girly i hope that makes sense - its a little weird, the lyrics and track names are odd!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 19 Dec 2008, 13:19

Those samples are pretty much what eurobeat is like. As mentioned above, if you don't get into the "it's so sweet, it's giving me diabetes" style, that cool.

The Initial D-esque sound might be more fitting.

I used to listen to mainstream (like many people here) and got tired of it. I found friends who listened to Eurobeat and fell in love with it. There's something genuinely unique about the genre that I can't find in other (of course, I listen to everything from electroclash to folk rock).

Like others said, check out songs by GO2, The Snake, Mega NRG Man, Fastway/Dusty, and hell, even some recent Cherry releases like "Rebel Yell", "Yes I Will", and "Set Me Free"

Enjoy.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Dec 2008, 03:21

Davey
Drnrg, thats ALOT for the samples, I listened to them and what can i say, they sound very fast and techno \ ravey to me - i have to admit i am put off a little bit is this what eurobeat sounds like? I think it might be really hard for me to get into it because it just sounds like stuff i used to hate in my rocker days - its going to be hard to reverse that thinking - also a lot of it sounds REALLY happy and a bit girly i hope that makes sense - its a little weird, the lyrics and track names are odd
That's why I gave you links to all sorts of styles.

I find the DELTA, Vibration and TIME more serious and rocky to my type, but I also imensly enjoy HRG Attack's aggressive ,chaotic and someTIMES distorted sounds. SCP and ABeatC do a more Racing theme songs. Saifam is pretty happy, but catchy as hell.

believe me I got Eurobeat on my Phone, but I also got Disturbed, Metallica, Velvet Revolver and every other Rock song inbetween.

Davey
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Davey » 20 Dec 2008, 09:59

"it's so sweet, it's giving me diabetes"

^ lol

Well thanks again, I have to admit the different styles were lost on me, they all sounded the same but I think this highlights the main problem which is my general ignorance to dance music.

Ive been thinking that maybe Ill try and get some and get it on my ipod so i can secretly listen to it when im out and about instead of just on my computer and see if it grows on me i guess.

Unfortunately the general snobby attitude a lot of rock people have towards dance music is still infused in me, I need to de-rock myself but its not easy - i seriously think i need some new clothes too LOL - sitting on the bus wearing just black with chains and listening to eurobeat on my headphones will seem weird :)

Jion

Post by Jion » 20 Dec 2008, 13:22

The funny thing is how many rock musicians are actually involved in dance music in general. A lot of producers and rock artists who began there careers in rock and heavy metal actually go into dance, trance and in this case, eurobeat music. Just ask Bratt Sinclaire or Ennio Zanini (Fastway).
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Dec 2008, 16:54

Welcome Davey.

For me, there are probably easier dance genres to get into than Eurobeat as it's just so different from anything else, but the key is to find a style of Eurobeat that suits you. Most people got into the genre because of its links to other sources. For me, I love Pamsy's style as heard in the link below:

Pamsy - So Fragile
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6610994BSP2ZjHt

Here are some other tracks that may interest you:

Dave Rodgers - Eldorado
http://www.veoh.com/videos/e180801XtS7Z2RZ

Powerful T - Original Sin
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v187097KYnGzR5E

Electric Rock Band - Rock Me Tonight
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v36928448CqW7tE

Cherry - Yes I Will
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83194696RGKcPc6

And for a demonstration of the cutesy and sickly sweet Eurobeat that zoupzuop2 was referring to, check out the vid below:

Kiki & Fancy - Roly Poly Rock
http://www.veoh.com/videos/e179912qXsyAHRD

Like I said, it may not be your cup of tea as it took me a while to get into certain styles of Eurobeat, but hopefully you can find something that you enjoy.

Davey
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Davey » 21 Dec 2008, 09:35

Hey ditz, thanks a LOT for those previews - good stuff.

I quite liked the Pamsy one too, in fact most of them sounded pretty cool to me, I am just so not used to the sheer speed and energy of some of this music, its just so fast and all the electronic beats and noises almost make me dizzy lol

The cherry track is one of the most intense things ive ever listened to!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Dec 2008, 05:14

Davey wrote:WNight, I think thats pretty cool that overall you've gotten into dance music, once in a while a change has to be good right?

I have no idea what powerpuff girl or Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi means, im not sure I like the sound of it though!

Drnrg, thats ALOT for the samples, I listened to them and what can i say, they sound very fast and techno \ ravey to me - i have to admit i am put off a little bit is this what eurobeat sounds like? I think it might be really hard for me to get into it because it just sounds like stuff i used to hate in my rocker days - its going to be hard to reverse that thinking - also a lot of it sounds REALLY happy and a bit girly i hope that makes sense - its a little weird, the lyrics and track names are odd!
Yeap, Dance music is pretty much quite dominant in my life now, although I still listen to Game Music and some rock, mostly J-Rock/Dragonforce.

Just to let you in on some peeks, there are some eurobeat songs which sound like these. Especially the Hi Hi Puffy Ami yumi one.

Love makes the world go round - Powerpuff Girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zQgKk3g ... re=related

OR

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-T59L4n-Jo[/url]