Super Eurobeat 197

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 May 2009, 11:34

jeurobeat
Vibration was great, especially the early catalog with Caria or Ferraris on production side. As Mike already mentioned, Dima did not produce anything back then. I don't see any resemblance with Loved In Tokyo with any early Vibration track, by the way.
Not only did Gino Caria write , but also sang. The early Vibration sound is clearly heard on TIME tracks like Mike Freeman- I'm A Single Man and Gino Caria- Naked In The Night. Both Caria and Ferraris and don't forget Stefano Castagna. I also defend the early Vibration sound. It was a pity that thier Vinyl era lasted so little. A little over 12 vinyls were ever released that I know of.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 13 May 2009, 17:29

drnrg wrote:Not only did Gino Caria write , but also sang. The early Vibration sound is clearly heard on TIME tracks like Mike Freeman- I'm A Single Man and Gino Caria- Naked In The Night. Both Caria and Ferraris and don't forget Stefano Castagna. I also defend the early Vibration sound. It was a pity that thier Vinyl era lasted so little. A little over 12 vinyls were ever released that I know of.
Those are great songs! Vibration style at TIME. Chester - Come To My Bedroom was created by the same team by the way. Indeed a pity that there were not so much vinyls. But I'm glad that the entire catalog is on Juno now.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 14 May 2009, 02:55

Actually, I totally confused early Vibration with Energy Revolution. My apologies.

What I said still applies: 'Loved in Tokyo' sounds nearly 10-years-old production-wise, just with new vocals. I'm sure this song would've sounded great on EuroPanic, but amidst all these AMAZING and fresh songs on 197, it just sounds really drab.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 May 2009, 04:30

Aw, I really liked the stuff produced at Energy Revolution! People seem to really underlook those songs, but I thought they were truly well-rounded, fresh, and catchy overall, especially considering the EuroPanic! era took place during one of the lowpoints in SEB history (the marginal 110's decade). Songs such as Touch Me, Ready To Love, Revolution, Cosmic Fighter, and The Summer all stick out as major highlights in my mind.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 May 2009, 06:05

jeurobeat
Those are great songs! Vibration style at TIME. Chester - Come To My Bedroom was created by the same team by the way. Indeed a pity that there were not so much vinyls. But I'm glad that the entire catalog is on Juno now.
Ooh that's one of my favs. The lyrics are awesom. Remember "Son of a bitch, very rich I'm the boss of the sex affairs" That song also had a kinda popcorn effect in the riff. Good memories man. :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 May 2009, 04:27

I’ve decided to do a review of the cd after all. It seems nobody bothered, so here goes. BTW this would be the first ever nonstop review I do. The mix itself isn't anyhting to write homw about, but it does showcase a flot of forgotten classics.I will also review each of the songs that I have in extended as a bonus.

1.Niko- Super Eurobeat(Sinclaire Style) 3:09
The mix starts of with the worthy and probably guilty for singing the most popular Eurobeat song ever; Night Of Fire. It seems Sinclaire saved his best for last for he has;
IMOP recaptured that Magic that he had at DELTA. The audio settings seem to be right on target and Niko is singing with so much more enthusiasm than he did in the now forgotten Lets’ Get Wild. The mix with Go2 is nothing special for there is no smooth transition at all, but as an opening song; I believe it was the best choice.

2.Go2- Don’t Turn It Off(SCP) 2:25
Sticking SCP at #2 is no surprise, since AVEX is in love with the label. Here that feeling is mutual, since this song, while being older than one would think; perfectly captures that vibe that had been absent from Go2 since songs like Power, Not For Sale, and Funky Love Lover. The mix starts of with a few explosions and that powerful chorus; that work good on a mix like this. We get two versus and three choruses so it really is a decent amount of song. The fun continues up until the DELTA mix that, while being a great song, really knocks the NRG factor a few notched below.

3.Luke- The Champion(DELTA) 2:36
Don’t get me wrong, this is a great song and one of the best in extended version and on it’s own, but mixed with Go2 just didn’t work. Especially the way it was just cut off. Once again no smooth transition at all. The positive aspect is that at 2.36 it’s also pretty decent amount of airtime for Luke’s latest effort…and this song also features the first good mix as it showcases a very smooth transition with song #4; which is non other than Fastway himself.

4.Fastway- Love Countdown(SCP) 2:46
I already mentioned the smooth transition with the previous, but I also think the mixer could have incorporated the song’s actual intro; which features an actual number countdown onto the mix in order to make it even more interesting. The newer songs seem to be all getting at least two verses and three choruses, if you count the intro chorus as well. This is good compared to previous cases on other nonstops. The mix transition only works on a level of a matter of seconds and only as the words love countdown mix with Fire Dragons drum intro.

5.Dave Rodgers feat. Patrick Rondat- Fire Dragon(ABeatC) 2:51
I can’t believe the mixer couldn’t come up with a better mix for the best song on the cd being that the song itself has such an epic intro to play around with. The good thing is that Dave is in top form and continues the high level of Eurobeat NRG on this mix. The mix of song #6 is a series of short cuts and samples of “I was Born for burning” and has that machine gun effect that anyone can produce by repeating certain notes on a program like audacity.

6.Neo- I Was Born For Burning(ABeatC) 1:50
It’s certainly great to hear Neo’s classic again, but the way it’s showcases on this mix gives it no justice. Not only does it get one of the shortest TIME slots, but compared to other mixes, it just falls flat. Add to that, the fact that song #7 is just rushed in there with no imagination whatsoever and this entry becomes the weakest on the cd.

7.Mega NRG Man- In The Flame Of Fire(ABeatC) 2:32
At 2: 32 mins, the listener can hear the huge difference between the imagination of this mix and the previous. What’s even funnier is that we actually get Thomas doing vocals on two songs, but under different aliases. Songs like these show that it was evident that Mega NRG Man’s best songs were under the fire theme. The mix that follows is one of the most original on the cd and even gets underway before track #8 begins

8.Dave Rodgers- Dancing In The Starlight(ABeatC) 2:19
Like I mentioned; this happens to be one of the more interesting mixes on the cd and uses effects that are not to easy to produce as it mashes up excerpts from other songs that are actually from other labels. You got Dancing in The Rain, a song from what sounds like Clara, that I can’t recall and two HRG Attack songs Dancing Into the Fire and Dancing In The Jungle. We only get one verse and a couple of choruses, but here the mixer shows that it’s not the quantity of TIME ,but rather the quality it takes to showcase a good mix.

9.Digital Planet- Fly Away(ABeatC) 1:53
I’ll admit that I never really liked this song, but as a mix it kinda fused in nicely with the lighter NRG level of the Dave Rodgers classic. I actually couldn’t pin point when one song ended and the other began. The level of the audio also drops a few notches and that is never a good thing in mixes. AbeatC sure got their airtime on this mix eh?

10.Morris- Bad Tonight(DELTA) 2:14
What follows is the absolute worst excuse for a mix on this cd. Digital Planet’s chorus is cut short and suddenly you just hear Bad Tonight’s intro. I know those older AbeatC vinyls really had no proper break to introduce another song, but please. Bad Tonight itself is a certified classic and I’m glad I finally got it in extended, but this nonstop didn’t do it any justice whatsoever. Not even the fact that it’s mixed with another Mauricio sung song.

11.D- Essex- Thank You Arigato(DELTA) 2:22
The speeds of the two songs just go along smoothly at all. It’s a shame because another DELTA classic. I don’t think Sinclaire is too happy with the way his songs are mixed on this cd.

12.Cy-Ro- Bad Illusion(HRG Attack) 2:18
I’m still upset on how HRG got the shaft on this mix, with there being so many great songs under that catalog, but the way Bad Illusion got mix made me even more madder than I was. This one was just as bad if not a notch worse than track 9 into 10. However it seems that Gino Caria stepped in just In TIME to save this mix from mediocrity.

14.Dr. Money- Roppongi Nights(TIME)2:18
The way the bass is introduced and the samples “Gos” are used works perfectly with Bad Illusion. I could almost forgive AVEX for all their sins against their fans just for the fact of not failing to include the “King Of Eurobeat” himself on this cd. Not only is the song a mega floor filler, but the mixer pays even more homage to this classic by ingenuously mixing in the chorus of Chester’s Bad Boy. It’s done in such a smart way that the mixer doesn’t lose a single beat and at the same TIME kinda creates a new song by mashing up those lyrics. Just kinda makes you smile and wish for them old TIME’s to return.

15.Mr. Groove- Highway Star(ABeatC) 2:11
I never considered this song a classic. On its vinyl form; I believe it’s the b- side of Love In Chinatown- a much better Mr. Groove song IMOP. The fact that this song didn’t even mix with Roppongi Nights further makes me question if there are indeed more than one mixer working on this compilation. Some very competent ones and while others, who have just heard the songs for the very first time. Everyone knows that Roppongi Nights would mix better with Dance Across The Nations or even better Killer In New York. For an AbeatC song probably Kanpai Kanpai Japan would have fit better if they really wanted a nice cut to mix.

16.Delta Force- Heroes(ABeatC) 2:27
It always struck me funny how ABeatC used the word DELTA for a band on their label, but nonetheless two David SRB songs back to back is just what the Dr. ordered. Heroes is definitely a great song to have on vinyl. For a mix with Highway Star it wasn’t all that great, but also not terrible. It is fast, but somehow uses one of the beats to fuse both songs together in a very good way. The important thing here is David SRB. I’m not into Nonstops, but I can guess that David’s songs haven’t really been showcased too much since their original appearance on cd? What comes next is mind-blowing so hang on.

17.King Kobra- Sledge Hammer(ABeatC) 2:05
Both songs mix in the same way as the previous ones. Short, but smart and effective showcasing all the power of the next song. Power is exactly what you get when you include a “Tuff” NRG classic like this one. Indecently those who know me know this is my preferred style. What I didn’t expect was Bonini to make a special appearance on this mix. Gino Caria obviously mixed perfectly with himself, but David and Nando sound great together. Especially in that last chorus. I know Heartbreaker is one of the most popular Eurobeat songs ever, so kudos for its cameo.

18.Spencer- Doctor Of Love(Boom Boom Beat) 2:29
This mix was beyond terrible. It did find a kinda interesting way to fit in that unmixable intro it has, but still kinda weak to my ears. It was nice to hear Corrainni’s only entry on this mix, but he has so much better songs; incidentally so does Saifam.

19.Luke Penn feat. Mr. M- Music Fever(TIME) 2:02
Time has gone through many reincarnations with their sound and Luka Pernicci was one of them. After jumping ship from AbeatC, which really didn’t do him justice, he found himself a perfect home at TIME studios. This is definitely his best song ever. Forget the mix with Spencer .because it didn’t fit at all and forget the one with Tommy K, which is even worse, just enjoy this classic in all its glory.

20.Tommy K.- Take Me Now(TIME) 1:53
This was a TIME when I still thought they had some Gino Caria songs tucked in under the rug, but were alternating his vocals too much. Some of the pronunciation of Di marcantonio’s words almost followed the same style of Gino’s at that TIME and I don’t know if it was done on purpose to fool fans into thinking Gino was still around. This is another classic that is given a very mediocre mix. This song would have mixed better with Follow Me Now- De Niro or Thunder ball by Teddyboy, but not with a Luka production. There was no transition at all.

21.Dr. Stranger- Touch Me Baby(SCP) 1:57
I still think this and Thomas Lee- Midnight are among my favorite Ennio sung classics. I think I can actually try my hand at compiling a full song with this little piece and the piece on Euromach. This is the main reason I was excited to see this song appear, because aside from that; this song didn’t mix with anything they attempted on this cd.

22.Jean Love- Fool For Your Love(DELTA) 1.54
No mix at all with Dr. Stranger. I think the real purpose of this cd is to showcase some of the unsung classics of yesteryear, beacause the mixes are truly dismissing. This was Jean Love’s first appearance; and while I myself preferred Steel Blade and Movin Up Movin Down, it was nice to hear this song again.

23.Dave Rodgers- Space Invader(ABeatC) 2:42
The mix of this from Jean Love sounds like it was done in an outro kinda way. A bit of overkill is starting to show by this 9th AbeatC entry. Truly a label to cherish, but 9 songs and I think one to go. Anyway what we have here is yet another version of Space Invader that sounds good with a bit of what sounds to be California Dreaming mixed in as well.

24.Jay Lehr- I’m Alive(SCP) 2:49
If ever there were two songs that don’t mix; AVEX have found them. At least some Phil & Linda or Van T.K. Or at least one of Dave’s discoish sounding songs like I believe In You or Friday Night, but with a powerful song like Space Invader, this mix just was an epic fail.

25.Powerful T. feat.Alex De Rosso(ABeatC) 3:17
Another batch of new songs starts off with Powerful T. never mind the mix with Jay Lehr who should not have been on this nonstop. Why not mix this with Fire Dragon? We get a little more than 3 mins of the song, so already these are better air TIME for the new music. I don’t have this song in extended so I’ll review from what I hear. The standout is definitely Alex’s guitar solo, but the song itself has a lot of NRG that I miss from Powerful T. The Synth riff is definitely wicked style and sounds like old skool ABeatC synths just faster.This song could easily have been left for Dave to sing, however , I think it was a wise choice to let Mr. T. do the vocals as some parts of the song require higher octave vocals which only he could pull off.
8+/10

26.David Dima- A Flash In The Light(Dima) 2.49
Sounds like the song got underway before the track actually started. I can’t describe the style of the transition, but it worked. Even though Dima’s entry is a step down in level the bass line fits smoothly with the previous song. Dima’s entry’s always and I mean always seem to have an epic sounding vibe. I can’t pinpoint if it’s that Italo feel or his vocals or simply the soundworlds, but something always sounds right. There is a combination of instruments just right after the verses and introducing the bridge that sound like something only he could dream up. The chorus and infact the entire song has an ongoing keyboard played much in the way Jay Lehr’s songs do and that gives the song a never ending effect. I think the mixer uses the outro effect ion this song to introduce the Leo River song that follows. It’s just an ok mix, but nothing like track 14.
8+/10

27.Leo River- Don’t Let Me Go(GGM) 2:53
Seems Leo wrote this song for some honey or something along those lines. This is a good song for Leo. Fast beats, NRGegetic vocals and decent soundworlds. Its one downfall would have to be the overuse of the phrase “Don’t let me go”. Don’t get me wrong, It sounds great as a phrase for a chorus, but honestly my favorite part is the melody in the verses. That rhythm sounds more Hi Energy to me.
8/10

28.Max Zero- Loved In Tokyo(Dima) 2:38
I don’t have either of these songs in extended so I don’t know if those last beats actually belong to Leo or Max’s song, but the mix sounded very effective. That intro is really great and sounds like it could have been an ever smoother transition with other songs of that same style. Here is one of those songs aside from the first 15 that I really would have liked in extended. Not only because of a milestone for AbeatC and Dima to collaborate, but because it sounds so damn good. There is an AbeatC vibe, but at the same TIME you clearly hear Dima’s epic influence, so this would have been an interesting idea to continue. Funny thing is that Dima captures that Mega NRG Man music style from yesteryear so perfectly; you actually think it’s a AbeatC production. The outro effect is again in motion, but, sounds great fro the next song.
9/10

29.Alphatown- Ivanhoe(Saifam) 2:25
Funny how AVEX mixed this song in so quickly , since Saifam is one of those labels to always include an intro that is long enuff for any mixer to really play around with and come up with something extraordinary. On this cd the song mixes in nicely, but not a bulls eye; not by a long shot. What’s great is the song. I’ve had it for sometime, but somehow really came alive for the first TIME in this compilation. Mauro Farina shows his vocals haven’t lost an ounce of NRG and the way the verses are almost spoken only adds to the mystic vibe of the song as a whole.
9+/10

30.Mad Cow- I Feel Like Molotov(HRG Attack) 2:37
These new songs should have all gotten at least that 3: mins + over show TIME. The mix itself wasn’t bad, but everybody knows Saifam & HRG really have great intros and could be used to mix in that old skool style instead of all this computerized cutting and pasting. Can’t they do the mix on vinyl and then transfer it on to cd? Here is a good song from HRG. I say well, because it’s nothing mind blowing melody nor riff wise. The song doesn’t even contain a Russian vibe which clearly hints at from the songs title. Franze sounds great, but for HRG ,it just falls into the just ok pile for me. What is totally great is the intro from Eurogrooves next entry which clearly sounds more appropriate for this song. It also makes the mix sound really effective.
7-/10

31.Jordan- King Of Eurobeat(Eurogrooves) 3.02
It’s always an honor to have the closing song on any cd, for it’s usually the last image one has to close out a good or bad compilation. I already mentioned that perfect intro which sounds more like a Russian song than its two predecessors. Not only that, but Dall ‘Ora was also given the honor of giving the cd’s title track. King Of Eurobeat. Could he be given the title of champion? Giordano also provides Mr. M’s vocals for the mega classic “Music Fever” What we have here is pure Dall Ora candy. Mega Fast, powerful and full throttle unmistakable NRG much in the way that is used in the now controversial Iron Man. Even the eurobeat shout outs are reminding the listener of the Iron Man ones. I need this in extended to fully appreciate its awesomeness, but for now it will have to do. King Of Eurobeat deservingly gives this cd a regal closing.
9+/10

This next part of the review is only for the new songs in extended; which would mean the first five songs. I wonder why AVEX only chose the first 15 instead of all the new songs. I will add more if I somehow acquire, but for now ,lets just say I’m proud to have this first 5 songs as well as the few others that might have escaped me on vinyl.

1.Niko- Super Eurobeat(Sinclaire Style)
Ah yes, what a title. Super Eurobeat. From what history has showed us in the past, you can’t go wrong with a title like that. I already mentioned that Sinclaire has recently found his knack for producing great Eurobeat music. Here is just another example of how he has found that magic. Niko is back and with a vengeance and he means it when he states “my name is Niko” Sounding great as ever and accompanied by a great melody really puts him back on the Eurobeat map. The soundworlds sound very much like they did in Night Of Fire. Maybe a notch down on aggressive level, but still fun enough to guarantee one last hit for the road. There really is no breakdown just continuous music and vocals. The breakdown if any; would be that third verse, were most of the up tempo soundworlds are dropped for the more aggressive raw ones. I’m really proud of Sinclaire on this song.
9-/10

2.Go2- Don’t Turn It Off(SCP)
Now if Sinclaire sounded great, how much better can SCP do? It’s all about recapturing that magic which made these stars such big manes in Eurobeat history and Go2 do just that with this remix of this never before released song. The song has all the ingredients that made Not for Sale and Looka Bomba such classics. There are parts on this extended that you can never appreciate on the nonstop. First there is a mega explosive guitar solo which has to be Fastway himself on a hot dose of adrenaline. The breakdown is perfect to showcase the power of the song and Ace short accapella line further injects more of that SCP NRG we so love. But wait there is still one more effect that gives the song its ultimate push. Think of playing your vinyl and then suddenly turning it off while it’s still playing. ….Then turning it back on again! That’s the final push the song required to make it to the finish line.
10/10

3.Luke- The Champion(DELTA)
I’m so glad this song is here in extended to be heard in all its glory. I’m still high on Turbo Disco and every TIME I hear a Luke song, I get images of that infamous Storm Trooper sleeve I created. BTW for those of you who fail to see the connection? In Star Wars there is a part where Luke Skywalker disguises himself as a Storm Trooper. Hence the connection with the Luke alias.:) The song starts off with a well known intro that is evident in a lot of DELTA songs now days. You can hear the chant of “Bang bang To the Beat” and you know you’re getting geared for something great. The power is evident in the way the riff is played and the way it goes with the melody of the chorus. I also love the break on all levels. There are actually two breaks one were the “bang bang’s” are back and one where the instruments are played in favor of a sung third verse. This style is usually one that AbeatC uses, but sounds really effective on this DELTA entry. Finally we have a good outro to end the song as well.
9+/10

4.Fastway- Love Countdown(SCP)
The style of these two songs is really similar and I still think AVEX could have dreamt up a much better mix of the two. This is Fastway’s best entry since… well “Shock Out” At least my ears it sounds that way. The intro is really awesome in its effect of a spoken countdown. This reminds me of the classic Miguel brown hit, So Many Men, So Little TIME. Don’t try racking your brain on that one if you weren’t born before 1985. Now back to this song. It’s evident that SCP got a dose of classic rehashed Eurobeat melody in their system, but that is just what makes this song so effective. Now that I think of it, it would have mixed perfect with Take Me Now. The melody in the verses is damn “Tuff” and his vocals carry that same aggressiveness all throughout the song. The countdown returns a few TIMEs and goes so perfectly with the verses that this is quickly becoming one of my favorite Fastway songs ever. It goes by pretty quickly, so you get that replay value many Times over. In the Eurobeat end, Fastway goes, but with a bang.
10/10

5.Dave Rodgers feat Patrick Rondat- Fire Dragon (AbeatC)
What we have here is the ultimate epic song on the cd. The spoken intro gives me chills from my old Dungeons and Dragons days, like some introductory narration of one of those old fantasy dragon flicks. Really cool effect. To top that off, Dave samples the drum beats from the Queen classic “We Will Rock You”. Everything so far screams of a powerful rock driven AbeatC classic. With guitars playing in the intro and a “100” sounding riff, the song proves that Dave has never lost the magic. The melody in the verses sounds exactly like what I expected. It easily incorporates guitar and synths in between each line. The bridge takes up another notch for sounding like rehashed Dave, but at the same time fresh and exciting. Finally we get the chorus. Iy uses the unmistakable winning melody that he has used in so many AbeatC sons that are now concidered classic. A bit of rehash effect, but works wonderfully with the rest of the song. This song has many memorable parts. The best example is right after that guitar solo when the Queen drums return. It’s a short break, but once again perfectly introduces the last bridge that leads up to the final chorus and yes; Patrick is set lose once more with some tasty guitar licks right before the closing riff. A Dragon is powerful and aggressive, but also magical and Dave captures that feeling flawlessly in this song. It’s easy to see why Dave got the majority of songs on this mix.
10+/10

zyx
Euro To B

Post by zyx » 19 May 2009, 00:34

I wonder why AVEX only chose the first 15 instead of all the new songs.
All of the extendeds were released on mora.
However the torrent everyone accessed only has the first 15.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 19 May 2009, 05:50

All of the extendeds were released on mora.
Oh yes the horrible wma. They can keep it.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 May 2009, 12:57

Ricfiam

The Extendeds are all 192 kbps, and sound great , but concidering that these were not released on CD; you won't be getting any cd rip quality. Unless you decide to wait and see if AVEX will release them in extended in the future cds. I'm more than glad to have them. 8)

The nonstop mix are however 320kbp

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 19 May 2009, 14:27

drnrg wrote:Ricfiam

The Extendeds are all 192 kbps, and sound great , but concidering that these were not released on CD; you won't be getting any cd rip quality. Unless you decide to wait and see if AVEX will release them in extended in the future cds. I'm more than glad to have them. 8)

Or you have contacts @ Avex or Deejays ;) Or you get the dj only vinyls.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 May 2009, 14:27

drnrg wrote:The Extendeds are all 192 kbps, and sound great , but concidering that these were not released on CD; you won't be getting any cd rip quality. Unless you decide to wait and see if AVEX will release them in extended in the future cds. I'm more than glad to have them. 8)

The extendeds were converted from .wma to .mp3 at 192 kbps; however, the 'original' music files were all 128 kbps, meaning the quality is still piss poor.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 19 May 2009, 16:51

Jay wrote:The extendeds were converted from .wma to .mp3 at 192 kbps; however, the 'original' music files were all 128 kbps, meaning the quality is still piss poor.
This.

And you know the rest...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 May 2009, 04:47

Jay
The extendeds were converted from .wma to .mp3 at 192 kbps; however, the 'original' music files were all 128 kbps, meaning the quality is still piss poor.
Who gives a flying P**S. The important thing is. extendeds and they sound good. Raise the volume on your player if you must :P

You mean you guys will pass up the opportunity to have the extendeds for a difference of a few notches on the volume. :?

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 20 May 2009, 08:12

drnrg wrote:Who gives a flying P**S.
Erm, well...

Jay does.
Lebon does.
Ricfiam does.
I do.

I count at least 4 people who care about sound quality there :P

Although on this count I will partly agree - it's not like we have an alternate source, but the sound quality on those MP3s is pretty dire. That's the problem with doing re-encodes of a lossy format.

Still, it's an even bigger kicker now that the album's out, just how crap Avex is for not allowing wider distribution of the extendeds in the first place. If they'd even bothered to upload to iTunes, we might see less rampant piracy of the album.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 20 May 2009, 10:05

drnrg wrote:Who gives a flying P**S. The important thing is. extendeds and they sound good. Raise the volume on your player if you must :P

You mean you guys will pass up the opportunity to have the extendeds for a difference of a few notches on the volume. :?
If you have quality headphones or speakers like I do, then you can clearly tell the difference between 128 kbps and 192 kbps and 320 kbps.

I am happy to own the extendeds considering the circumstances, but I was just stating the fact that the quality of the extendeds are much poorer than you presumed. Nothing more or less.