Jion's Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 151

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Jion's Review Of Super Eurobeat Volume 151

Post by Jion » 27 Sep 2004, 16:53

Jion's Review of Super Eurobeat Volume 151

Manuel - Big Boy

A very amazing song and a very amazing sound coming from Manuel! Every song he puts out has a different feel and a different style that makes each one an experience. Listening to this song made me realize that Manuel has fufilled my expectations of becoming basically the male version of Lolita; dance tunes and constant showings on SEB. His voice is magnificent as you can tell when he reaches that rolling high note on "Never say goodbye". Quite a treat to listen to over and over again! Perhaps Manuel's best song to date!

10 out of 10, Platinum Award

Max Alto - Change The World

A cover of the V6 song. Many purists will always claim the original was better than the remake. I didn't feel that was the case with Dave Rodgers' cover of Not Gonna Get Us and I don't feel that way with this song too. This song is magnificent and very powerful. While it's quite different from other Eurobeat, the focus is more on the music and the voice rather than the typical speed. When it slows down and you hear Max Alto's voice, you start to really understand how great his voice trully is. Quite a treat to listen to and quite unexpected from my initial thoughts upon seeing this song on the tracklisting.

9 out of 10, Gold Award

Go Go Girls - Raparapadance

While every song on this album offers something new, this one song manages to remind people of SEB's from the past. In my opinion, this song captures elements from all of the Go Go Girls songs from the past. I absolutely love it when I hear them going "raparaparapadance!" It sounds so cool! This song is just down right fun to listen to and if you've ever heard any other Go Go Girls song, you know what to expect with this song too. This song does things right!

Cherry - Every Beat Of Your Heart

The intro isn't all that comforting of this song. The buzzing sound created (I'm assuming on purpose to give it a fading electric feel to it) and how Clara seems to be saying blahblahblahblah (literally) instead of "coming from my heart" as you'll find later on in the song really don't make the song all that promising. However the more you listen to it, the more you realize subtle things in the song. The electric guitar, the smooth keys, the signature clear and crisp Clara Moroni voice lead to a very interesting Cherry song and perhaps my favorite since Take Me To Your Heart. Great song but the intro turns me off a little bit.

9 out of 10, Gold Award

Casanova - Satisfy My Soul

If you should know anything about this song is that guitars have become a mainstay of Time's songs now giving them a rock and roll feeling. Only thing is that this song sounds a lot like a few of Time's song in the past. They even use lyrics that have been used before. The really good thing about this song is the guitar wailing between the chorus and the verses. Very well done from a technical standpoint but from a lyrical standpoint, it's stuff people have heard before. Not bad but nothing new.

8 out of 10, Silver Award

Name - Don't Tell Me Stories

A flashback to the past! Clara Moroni sings solo again on this song and brings with her the old SEB style (a perfect pairing for the nostalgic cover). With this old style song, she mixes in her fantastic voice leading to a new school feel with the old school style. I found myself listening to this song quite a few times which if any song can do that to me then obviously I'm gonna grade it high!

Dave Simon - Money

Another Time rock style song. The intro has the sound of coins falling down which is pretty good and obviously fits with the title. Once you get past that intro, you have a typical Gambogi song though. Which isn't all that special since again it's stuff you've heard before. The lyrics are rather weak and how many times can you use satisfaction, reaction in Time songs and make them feel new again? You really can't. Nothing new nothing really worth raving about.

7 out of 10

Pretty Woman - Never Do

Now this is what I was waiting for from Pretty Woman! This song has such an late 80's/early 90's dance/techno sound. The singing sounds a lot like Taylor Dane (singer of Tell It To My Heart). It's very smooth and it makes me want to dance a lot! Very impactful lyrics and the style I was waiting for from her!

Tam Arrow - Fire To The Eurobeat

The intro reminds me a lot of Ace's song Fantasista! and Bazooka Girl's song velfarre 2000. This song is so much fun to listen to! Very smooth singing and very awesome sounding music as well. Great sound effects accompany this song that give it a blending of Super Eurobeat and Euromach styles (Super Eurobeat's speed with Euromach energy). Extremely fun to listen to over and over again!

Robbie Grain feat. Name - All The Love Of My Heart

Again we're treated to a sorta Taylor Dane style which is very cool to listen to. The song itself is a lot slower than most eurobeat out there (a theme that this CD has) and the vocals and music have become the focus of this song. It's rather wonderful to listen to and I really like the transition from the chorus to the second verse. Rather than playing some keys between, the chorus just shifts to the second verse. Very nicely done and rather different! I can't believe this is Delta! I'm being rather impressed!

Oda - Speed Demon (King Of Kings)

I've heard so much from a lot of people about this song so I expected something good. After all this song has a rather cool title! When I hear the song though, it just doesn't impress me that much. The song isn't anything special and the singing is rather dissapointing. The energy though is very apparent as this song seems to have nitro attached to it! But considering how impressed I was with the slower songs in this album, I was expecting a faster song to leave me breathless. Not the case at all. Not bad just nothing to brag about. I can see this song on JGTC or Initial D 4th Stage though.

7 out of 10

Mary Lane - Love Me Forever

Great... Everyone that knows me knows that I have a few pet peeves in Eurobeat. Super high notes that screech or that have no reason to be in there and typical girl eurobeat. This is typical Time girl eurobeat which hasn't really been impressing me all that much. The one song on the CD I found myself skipping because I really didn't like it that much. While I am not a fan of the song or it's style, I have to comment the guitar at the beginning. Rather cool in a rather typical style song.

7 out of 10

Maxx Ducati - Valentino Samurai

How much do I like Vibration? A whole lot! This song is very remincent of Europanic!, especially of Chemical Boy and Otello songs. I love this name more though. Come on, Maxx Ducati! It's so cool! The speed is typical Vibration and the feeling of the song is just great! The song is about an Italian racer named Valentino Samurai competing in Japanese motocross races. It's rather cool how this seems to be a cheer for this racer and reminds me of the Speed Racer intro (the lyrics not the song itself). Very nice song! Listen to it several times!

Van T.K. - Just Can't Get Enough

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SONG FROM THIS ALBUM! I can't get over how good I feel everytime I hear this song! I so want to dance with someone everytime I hear this great song! Great feeling with pop style lyrics and a disco dance sound! I can't believe how addicted I got to this song! When I first saw Van T.K. on the tracklisting I thought it was going to be another electrorock style song like his first song Rockin' Dome. What a change of plans to go with disco! I can't recommend this song enough! I absolutely love it and this song is a clear showing of where eurobeat needs to go to more! I love it so much!

Nuage - Carry On Carry On

Nuage's singing has gotten so good and it just keeps getting better! Take that traditional Nuage flair, kick it up with some Lolita style, add some speed and some dance hall feeling and you get Carry On Carry On! Quite an interesting song that I've had to listen to several times just because of how different it is from Nuage's other songs! It's so much fun to listen to and very quick and noteworthy! What a surprise! Shocked me and Danny the first time we heard it!

Digital Planet - Fly Away

The introduction of this song is so beautiful. At first I thought it was going to be an Asian style from the sound. Then it kicks it up to a style remenicent of We'll See Heaven but just so much better. The singing is so calming and so powerful. His soft and somber voice has so much color and emotion in it that the song seems to seep with feeling. Just breathtaking...

Melissa White & Ace - The Poison Of Love

Wow... If I was blown away from the singing on Fly Away, how could I react to this song? This song was so incredible and beautiful. This song has become a theme song to me and it's just so incredible how much I love this song. This is a true testament of the versatility SCP has and how much songs like this should be made. Sure, energetic, fast and happy songs are good, but we need songs to relate to our lives as well. I believe this song has filled in a void that needed it. Danny's favorite song from the album and from my perspective, one of the best songs SCP has created ever (along with Just Can't Get Enough). It's just so breathtaking and just so incredible.

Lolita - Set Your Heart On Fire

The CD closer comes after so much shock and awe from all the good songs we have and now we get another good song! Lolita sings in her typical style and the music is like a toned down version of Heart Attack which is very good! The vocals are front and center and with a singer at the caliber of Lolita, you know thats a good thing! The song is rather soft and caring (another theme of this CD) and the song is just great all around!

CD Overall Grade: 10 out of 10

My favorite song from the album - Just Can't Get Enough
The two songs with the most emotion - Fly Away and The Poison Of Love
Theme present - Slow, impactful songs with emotion and great singing

This CD is just so amazing. Many will cry foul at the speed of many of the songs but please listen to the music for what it is. Listen for the melody, listen to the feeling, listen to the emotion and you'll see that pound for pound, this is the greatest Super Eurobeat CD made. Maybe it's just me that thinks so highly of this CD, but I can't help but feel so good from listening to this CD that I just have to keep saying, go listen to this CD for its sheer beauty... Please keep going to this speed if it means that the songs will sound just so good Avex!
Last edited by Jion on 27 Sep 2004, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 27 Sep 2004, 17:57

I'm pretty close to your opinions on the album, I'll send tomorrow the review for 151 on the mainsite as well... But uh I'm very close to Jion's lines...

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Sep 2004, 22:41

I love your reviews Jion! Especially for this SEB - you captured all of my opinions of the CD exactly ^^... well, except for:

Lolita - Set Your Heart On Fire

The song is just... blah. There are definately better Lolita songs out there, and unfortunately this isn't one of them. If I were you, I would have given this song a 5, not a 10 XD

great jeerrrb!

KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B

Post by KrAzy Che3To » 28 Sep 2004, 01:08

Ok. I think it's just me. But I seriously hate this CD with a passion. I think it is my most hated CD since sometime before SEB 90.

There's barely 3-4 songs I can listen to without crying :(!

And it's amazing that you like the Hi-NRG Attack song more than me :P

xDaNx
Euro To B

Post by xDaNx » 28 Sep 2004, 02:22

KrAzy Che3To wrote:Ok. I think it's just me. But I seriously hate this CD with a passion. I think it is my most hated CD since sometime before SEB 90.
Yep, its just you. The SEBs before 90 aren't crap either, sorry to break it to ya. Read the other posts before speaking for everyone as well...
KrAzy Che3To wrote:There's barely 3-4 songs I can listen to without crying !
Yes, that's called an emotion...ever hear of it before? Its kind of hard to relate to songs about love if you don't have someone, so actually maybe thats your problem. Oh well, one day maybe you'll understand ^_^.

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 28 Sep 2004, 04:06

xDaNx wrote:
KrAzy Che3To wrote:There's barely 3-4 songs I can listen to without crying !
Yes, that's called an emotion...ever hear of it before? Its kind of hard to relate to songs about love if you don't have someone, so actually maybe thats your problem. Oh well, one day maybe you'll understand ^_^.
Oh my! Things are getting a little tense around here! Let's try and keep to the point people! Eurobeat first & foremost! Opinions are good, but let's not get carried away. :?

On the issue at hand, I haven't heard SEB 151 yet, but I do look forward to it! I shall give my opinion later. 8)

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 28 Sep 2004, 07:16

Nice big points.
I do not agree with this, but somebody like this, somebody like that...

"The song is about an Italian racer named Valentino Samurai competing in Japanese motocross races."

-So his name is Valentino Rossi and he is a speed moto racer, in MOTO GP(more time world champion), not in motocross, and there is only 1 race in Japan under the world championship. :? :lol:
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 28 Sep 2004, 09:01

Of course opinions will arise, I dunno I myself am really liking 151... there are only a couple of songs I really didn't dig that much, but that doesn't really lower the general level of the album for me. I loved the slightly calmer pace, but I'm still missing out on the fast and energic songs we used to get earlier on.
And Adam, knowing you.. the songs will grow on you, like everything that's eurobeat generally does...

Jion

Post by Jion » 28 Sep 2004, 12:02

Ricfiam wrote:Nice big points.
I do not agree with this, but somebody like this, somebody like that...

"The song is about an Italian racer named Valentino Samurai competing in Japanese motocross races."

-So his name is Valentino Rossi and he is a speed moto racer, in MOTO GP(more time world champion), not in motocross, and there is only 1 race in Japan under the world championship. :? :lol:
I didn't know about Valentino Rossi. I'm just going by what I'm hearing in the song. Thank you though for letting me know about Valentino Rossi! But many people were questioning the use of the motor sounds. I wanted to be able to give an explanation.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 29 Sep 2004, 07:38

You're welcome! 8)
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K