Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Mar 2018, 07:25

Hey, I won't have to finish the update myself! LOL.

EDIT

Link not working.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 12 Mar 2018, 07:55

Huh, you mean the link to the catalogue? I've tested the links and they download correctly for me...
Maybe there is some screw-up with the DNS settings for my site which makes it inaccessible from some places - that would explain the earlier posts about the links not working... I'll check that later today - meanwhile, here's a temporary link: https://send.firefox.com/download/98bd0 ... eNN8KYfERA

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Mar 2018, 08:07

It says that the site is not installed. Just saying.
Firefox 58.0.2
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 12 Mar 2018, 08:13

Hah, it was a DNS issue after all - turns out I had multiple servers assigned to my domain ><
I fixed it, should take a couple hours for the DNS changes to propagate and everything should work correctly.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Mar 2018, 08:42

Another thing. Like I said, I was kind of updating myself for a while. And, for SCP, I started listing alternate versions. And, I listed these already:

Don't Stop The Dance (Vintage 2001 Deluxe Version) / Ace (4:20 - SEB 204, EBK 13)
Welcome To The Real World (Another World Version) / Ace (3:01 - EBK 14)
Don't Turn It Off (Headrush Version) / Go 2 (3:43 - SEB 202)
Rock Beatin' Wild (Eurock Version) / Fastway (3:35 - EK1)
I Won't Fall Apart (Rock Power Version) / Jager (3:39 - SEB 211, EK 1 (as "Eurock Version"))
I Won't Fall Apart (Demo Version) / Jager (3:30 - SEB 211 (Hidden Track), EK 1)
Little Little Star (8-Bit Version) / Jay Lehr (3:55 - EK 1, Digital Single)
Flash & Love (Piano Intro Version) / Momo (4:20 - EK 2)
Fallin' In Love (Eurobeat Version) / Jay Lehr (3:52 - Digital Single, EK2)
Fallin' In Love (Fashion Version) / Jay Lehr (3:36 - SEB 211, EK2)
Set Me Free (Mainstreet Version) / Ace (3:11 - Digital Single, EK3)
Set Me Free (Art Of Light Version) / Ace (3:48 - Digital Single, EK3)
Because Of You (Masterpop Version) / Jager (3:52 - Digital Single, EK3)
Maximisin' (Delicious Version) / AliX (3:42 - Digital Single, EK3 (as "Maximizing Delicious Version"))
Fly Magic (Pop Flying Version) / Jager (3:40 - EK5)
Brand New World (Shiny Vox Ver.) / Ace (4:05 - EK6, Ace Collection Vol.1)
Gotta Go (Old School Version) / Go 2 (4:12 - EuroKudos Special Bandcamp Selection (v1), EK6)

These are different sounding and should not be noted as edit of SEB Versions:
Been A Bang (Incredible Bang Ver.) / Fastway (5:05 - EK5)
I'm Your Sexy Machine (Sexy Ext. Ver.) / Hotblade (5:05 - EK5)
"Legendary Heart" / Hotblade on EuroKudos 2 is the "Eurobeat Version", like the single.
Maximisin' / Alix is released on EK3 as "Maximizing".

Forgotten:
Sicard (SCP Friendly Remix) / Odyssey Feat. Eurobeat Brony (4:43 - T.Stebbins - S. Castagna - Travis Stebbins, EuroKudos Special Bandcamp Selection (v1 & v2))

I think it's very important to note them; they were made along side the original song. Also note that the "Kudos Versions" that appears on EBK9 onward are last edits; like those you find on italo/euro vinyls. Don't forget about the instrumental album by SCP. Again, noting the songs there. Etc.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 12 Mar 2018, 20:35

Why not adding 21st Century Records and Saifam?

21st Century Records :
Michael Fortunati - Alleluja (The Factory Team High-Energy Remix) → It's Eurobeat, Vol.1
Michael Fortunati - Bang Bang! Dance Dance! (Factory High-Energy Version) → It's Eurobeat, Vol.3
Michael Fortunati - Oh Baby Why (Factory High-Energy Version) → It's Eurobeat, Vol.2

About Saifam, we have Asya - A Love At First Sight and Ivan B. - Laser Light.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 13 Mar 2018, 07:00

Lebon14 wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 08:42 Another thing. Like I said, I was kind of updating myself for a while. And, for SCP, I started listing alternate versions. And, I listed these already:
Thanks for the info! The current data structure does not lend very well to different versions/mixes of the same song - I just use (E) for "Edit" and (R) for "Remix" next to the releases, but with so many different versions (or alternate mixes) showing up on digital releases recently, it just isn't enough now. I think a proper database would work much better than a sheet for this - however, I'll think about how these alternate versions could be included in the current sheet without disrupting the "catalogue" feel (I would like to keep the "one song - one row" structure as much as possible).
Rain197 wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 20:35 Why not adding 21st Century Records and Saifam?
Yeah, I was considering this a while ago - I initially didn't want to cherry-pick just Eurobeat songs from Saifam's mainly non-Eurobeat labels, but I ended up doing just that for "early" labels like Discomagic, etc. - so I guess it would make sense.

The same goes for Speed Records (Speedmaster tracks on SEB 214 and 236) or Morgana - Boys And Girls (Energy Mix) from 21st Century Records - though this is also a bit of a tricky case, since this release features both a Eurodance and Eurobeat mix.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 13 Mar 2018, 15:43

cheeseman wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 07:00
Rain197 wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 20:35 Why not adding 21st Century Records and Saifam?
Yeah, I was considering this a while ago - I initially didn't want to cherry-pick just Eurobeat songs from Saifam's mainly non-Eurobeat labels, but I ended up doing just that for "early" labels like Discomagic, etc. - so I guess it would make sense.
Discomagic went directly from Italo Disco to Eurobeat (many sublabels and teams involved). 21st Century Records was pure House, Euro House, Italodance label founded for european market, somehow the decision opposed to continuation of Eurobeat.

This would be nice idea, in the other hand, please tell me if I'm wrong, but what combines 21st Century Records discography and Eurobeat, are very few occasional appearances of "Eurodance" remixes alongside Boom Boom Beat news, like Michael Fortunati (in fact never before related with SAIFAM).

Morgana and so on, is just an alias used by the same producers elsewhere. Does it have something to do with original 21st Century Records ?

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 22 Mar 2018, 20:07

Why not add it on Google Sheet ? Like this, everyone can look it in the browser and the modification would be easier without uploading it when there's new songs/modification.

Errors :
(A-Beat C) Mega NRG Man - Megaton Man → Producer : D.Rodgers
(SCP) Go2's song are duet of Ennio Zanini and Christian Codenotti, why Let It Burn only have Ennio Zanini ?
(Sun Fire) Powerful T. - Invisible Rocket → missing song...

To add :
(Delta) Ilenya - Love Explosion → Producer : R.Gabrielli
(ASIA Records) Laurie - Game → Singer : Miriam Cossar
(ASIA Records) Lucyfer - Sky High → Singer : Diego Borsani
(ASIA Records) Mark Foster - Man Of The Moon → Singer : Diego Borsani
(A-Beat C) Terence Holler - Rock Your Fire → Producer : D.Rodgers
(A-Beat C) Ace Warrior - ALL SONGS → Singer : Alex De Rosso
(Dance Evolution Fire) Songs from Euroenergy Vol.5 are missing

Question :
(Delta) Chris McRea - My Body Is Burning → Are you sure it is Claudio Magnani to the vocals ?

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 22 Mar 2018, 21:43

Thanks for all the info!
Google Sheets sounds like a good idea, though I have to clean up some formatting mess first...
Regarding Ace Warrior, I actually discovered that his identity had been revealed right after I uploaded the catalogue. I have updated it in my local copy of the catalogue already. That piece of news somehow totally went under my radar! :!:
About Chris McRea, I'm pretty sure I hear Claudio Magnani there, though I can't say I'm 100% sure - I'll add a question mark for now, I guess.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 22 Mar 2018, 22:57

Another error :
- David Dima feat. Lisa - Just Another Song For You → It's Dee Dee feat. Lisa

For VIB 088, Jackie 'O - Good Night Tokyo, I'm pretty sure it's Gian Luca Anceschi. And the correct spelling is Gian Luca Anceschi or Gianluca Anceschi ? (I'll ask my Italian teacher tomorrow, I'll be fixed)

Edit : Gian Luca is correct. It's a rare variant.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 24 Mar 2018, 00:18

cheeseman wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 21:43About Chris McRea, I'm pretty sure I hear Claudio Magnani there, though I can't say I'm 100% sure - I'll add a question mark for now, I guess.
You were absent here when I wrote that Claudio Magnani isn't going to sing Eurobeat since many years, and well, he doesn't do this about 10 years (?). Yesterday he confirmed it again regarding Chris McRea. So, you can erase his name.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 24 Apr 2018, 20:43

I've released an updated catalogue with new SCP releases and several corrections - thanks again for pointing stuff out!

Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 3.6)

Regarding Good Night Tokyo, it doesn't sound like Anceschi to me - lacks his rock/metal timbre IMHO.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Apr 2018, 22:35

Did you add two versions for "Cover Girl"?
EDIT: You did add "Different version". That's ok with me.
EDIT 2: Tick Tock Time on EBK18 is a "Pop" version and you didn't mention it. Unless I missed the original mix somewhere.
EDIT 2.1: And I did...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Apr 2018, 02:21

I'm pretty much positive that's Melissa Bianchini performing as Fancy in "People Say I'm Crazy". It has her signature soulfully nasal vocal. Just compare that song to "Don't Go Playing with My Heart Again" and "One More Time", for example.
ImageImage