Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Re: Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue

Post by Rain197 » 01 May 2018, 18:14

I was looking the SCP's tab and there's no producer for their "Eurock" productions
They're all S.Castagna

ImageImage
ImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 06 May 2018, 20:40

Version 3.7 of the Catalogue is up, with Eurobeat Kudos up to Vol. 22 added, plus some other minor changes and corrections:

Eurobeat Labels: The Complete Catalogue (Version 3.7)
Rain197 wrote: 01 May 2018, 18:14 I was looking the SCP's tab and there's no producer for their "Eurock" productions
They're all S.Castagna
Thanks for the info, added!
#Infinity wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 02:21 I'm pretty much positive that's Melissa Bianchini performing as Fancy in "People Say I'm Crazy". It has her signature soulfully nasal vocal. Just compare that song to "Don't Go Playing with My Heart Again" and "One More Time", for example.
I can hear some similarity, though I think this Fancy has a slightly different accent to Melissa.
Actually, a couple years ago when doing research for the catalogue, I stumbled upon a bio of a vocalist named Simona Allegro which specifically mentioned her singing for SCP, though I couldn't find any songs with vocals similar to hers at that time. I think Fancy in People Say I'm Crazy might actually be her - take a listen and tell me what you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyyR4IhR6c

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 May 2018, 22:19

cheeseman wrote: 06 May 2018, 20:40
#Infinity wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 02:21 I'm pretty much positive that's Melissa Bianchini performing as Fancy in "People Say I'm Crazy". It has her signature soulfully nasal vocal. Just compare that song to "Don't Go Playing with My Heart Again" and "One More Time", for example.
I can hear some similarity, though I think this Fancy has a slightly different accent to Melissa.
Actually, a couple years ago when doing research for the catalogue, I stumbled upon a bio of a vocalist named Simona Allegro which specifically mentioned her singing for SCP, though I couldn't find any songs with vocals similar to hers at that time. I think Fancy in People Say I'm Crazy might actually be her - take a listen and tell me what you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyyR4IhR6c
You sure have the most skeptical ears. In the same way I still can’t believe you wouldn’t be 100% positive Messalina isn’t just an alternate alias for Christine, I am completely shocked and disappointed you don’t think “People Say I’m Crazy” is Melissa Bianchini, even though it was recorded literally right in-between Melissa’s first two songs at SCP (the only other track sandwiched between the two being Nick Mansell’s “Freedom Wild”), during a period in which the Fancy title had not yet become primarily attached to Alessia de Boni, who hadn’t quite arrived yet. It’s likely they were still experimenting to figure out what type of songs they wanted to utilize Melissa the most on, hence the early song of a different style than “L.O.V.E. You and Me” and “Don’t Go Playing with My Heart Again”.

That voice is undeniably Melissa Bianchini, as far as I can tell. I’ve personally heard Melissa’s songs several times lately, in part because I’ve just realized how much I enjoy them in general, and “People Say I’m Crazy” fits very naturally alongside the rest of her work. Just because there are a few more background singers and the track is bubblier and cheesier than the more earnest songs under the Melissa White alias doesn’t mean we’re dealing with a completely different woman who only had a one-off session with Castagna and company, coincidentally at the same time a virtually identical-sounding woman with a distinctly nasal vocal style. This Fancy is certainly not the “Ciao Ciao Ciao” Fancy, so Bianchini seems by far the most plausible, in this case. Maybe if you’re specifically comparing the vocals on “People Say I’m Crazy” to some of Melissa’s later recordings such as “Promised Discoland” and “Everlasting Fire”, where her voice is a bit more mature and she’s performing on far differently produced music, I can see more why you wouldn’t be so certain, but if you focus on her early songs like “One More Time”, “Don’t Go Playing with My Heart Again”, “L.O.V.E. You and Me”, or “Impressions of Your Love”, then I’d say there’s really no doubt it’s the same voice. I sure hope Catalogue 3.8 just lists “People Say I’m Crazy” as being sung by Melissa Bianchini, without even a question mark at the end. I can still understand your perspective, since you’ve put a lot of wonderful effort into this project and want to be careful before jumping to conclusions, but in this track’s case, I get the impression that the Fancy alias and the song’s light tone are diverting your ears.

As for Simona Allegro, I did take a listen to that video, and that’s definitely not Fancy (2). Her voice is far too low and she has a less pronounced Italian accent, unlike Melissa. Since she apparently did work with SCP at one point, I would say that if she’s anybody we haven’t discovered yet, she’s probably actually Momo, instead. Momo’s songs are more recent, making them far closer in proximity to the video’s date, and I hear far more similarity in the relatively clear pronunciation and less nasal, rich tone in “Flash & Love”, “From Heartache to Heaven”, and “Send Me an Angel” to Simona’s voice, in spite of the auto-tune, than I do in Fancy (2), regardless of pitching tricks. Plus, Momo is a vaguely related name to Simona, even if only fpr the ‘mo’ syllable. Either way, it’s very much not the same woman who voices Fancy on “People Say I’m Crazy”.
ImageImage

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 May 2018, 00:05

I always thought Momo was Betty Vittori, but that's mostly "similarish voice, was doing an album at Ritmo & Blu when Momo's vocalist would've probably been recording". (She's another person who'd done vocals for SCP songs, just not sure which ones)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2018, 01:24

As an FYI: "My Exit Heaven" is more appropriately written as "My Exit: Heaven". In the lyrics for the song, there's those 2 dots in there and makes a whole of difference in the understanding of the track title.

See:

I think it's just "Japanese Music Industry" limitation.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2018, 04:53

You missed "I'm OK" by Dana. Eurobeat Kudos 19.
Go Racin Go on EBK19: Go 2 alias is confirmed to be a mistake and for some reason is not fixable. Note it as "as "Go 2" but confirmed mistake" or something.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 08 May 2018, 13:23

https://scp-music.bandcamp.com/album/eurobeat-kudos-13 - Genius of Love got fixed back to Kiki & Kika (as is on the ASCAP listing) for the Bandcamp release.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 13 May 2018, 22:25

Gonna take a wild stab that
151-3263-3 ? You Guys S.Castagna, C.Codenotti, E.Zanini, E.Somenzi
is the Cypher song from Techno Kudos 2. :P :P

Though, you don't seem to have the techno stuff in the catalogue, so I guess you'll remove this one now?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 May 2018, 00:52

Mikaeru wrote: 13 May 2018, 22:25 Gonna take a wild stab that
151-3263-3 ? You Guys S.Castagna, C.Codenotti, E.Zanini, E.Somenzi
is the Cypher song from Techno Kudos 2. :P :P

Though, you don't seem to have the techno stuff in the catalogue, so I guess you'll remove this one now?
Oh, good catch.
Yeah, it'll disappear next update.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 May 2018, 01:53

I've listened to the Simona Allegro song a bit more, and I think it's very likely that she was the original vocalist for Irene, before Linda Ongarelli took over for the alias. I pitched down "Music for My Dreams" and "Dancin' Baby" by a halftone, and I think the pronunciation is very similar in those songs to "All I Need", especially in the very distinct way she sings her r's. The comparison wasn't completely obvious at first because of how opposite the early Irene tracks are in style to the laid back groove of "All I Need". I wouldn't totally rule out the Momo possibility yet, but I think Irene (1) has a bit more similar an accent, even with her songs being bubblier and less soulful.

I still feel very confident that Fancy (2) is just Melissa Bianchini during the Euromach era. The vocalist on "People Say I'm Crazy" has far lighter, less articulated English, in contrast to the way Irene (1)/and Simona Allegro really slides into her words. Even after slicing bits of "People Say I'm Crazy" to listen to side-to-side with "One More Time" and "Don't Go Playing with My Heart Again", it still sounds like the exact same person in each case. They're sweetly nasal in the same way.

Out of curiosity, where and how did you get verification that Christine's "Story of My Life" is from 1996? On Eurobeat Flash 17's Discogs page, "Baby's on Fire" and "Back into My Arms" are claimed to be from 1997, even though they're both listed earlier in the catalogue. To be sure, there have been occasional discrepancies with these booklet dates, since "Day By Day" by Debbie Key is dated 1997 for EBF17, but in the Euromach 1 booklet, it's listed as being from 1998, which only makes sense if its copyright was renewed.
ImageImage

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 May 2018, 08:04

Hmmm...perhaps Simona is actually Lucya, particularly on songs such as "Beautiful"? Her voice seems to really thin out during the higher notes of "All I Need", in contrast to the soaring heights you hear on Irene (1) tracks such as "Dancin' Baby". Furthermore, Irene (1) doesn't have quite as crisp a timbre and also a seemingly higher range.

With "Beautiful", however, the vocalist still has some pretty slurred r's, but the English is also relatively clear for an Italian, which I felt through most of "All I Need", as well (the "you can get it if you want it" intro, for example). After pitching "Beautiful" down a halftone, Lucya (7) sounds pretty plausibly comparable to Simona, both for the range as well as the general tone. Considering "Beautiful" was made around 2003 or so, any slight vocal maturing by "All I Need's" release over a decade later would make fair sense. I still don't feel 100% that Lucya (7) is Simona, but that's probably my guess for the time being, going by process of elimination. I'm guessing, then, that she may also be featured in "Memories & Feelings" with Ace?
ImageImage

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 Jun 2018, 06:53

I've been listening to all of the songs from Eurobeat Kudos constantly over the past several weeks, and after enough examination, I feel not only pretty positive Simona Allegro was indeed Lucya on "Beautiful", "Memories and Feelings", and "Easy Don't Go", but also everything else not given to Elena Sbalchiero instead, dating all the way back to the title's origins on Eurobeat Flash. I found a song Allegro sang in 2003 on iTunes called "Lasciando Harbin", which helped great deal with vocal comparisons after only hearing "All I Need" beforehand.

"Forever" may be deceptive at first, due to the very prominent falsetto backup track cloaking the main melody, but underneath the quirky effect that trick has on the song, which in itself is stylistically far more aggressive than anything else by Lucya, I can pretty clearly hear Simona's posh voice on the lower track.

"The Look of Love" is more in line with the tone of your usual Lucya songs, but it was again a bit tricky for me to figure out at first, in this case due to how warped the vocal track is. Nonetheless, it still sounds like Simona Allegro on the vocals.

The non-Elena Sbalchiero Euromach era Lucya songs, particularly "History" and "Hey You!", seem to have Elena or at least some sort of pitched female backup, with again cloaks the identity of the main vocalist, but it still sounds like Simona, imo. In fact, I believe "Crazy" by Vanilla is also performed by Simona, again just with pitched accompaniment, though time will tell if the unreleased "I Wanna Be Your Girl" is her once more or not.

The only other Lucya song not performed by Simona Allegro is the title's final track, "Follow the Rainbow", which I still have a strong hunch is done by Francesca Ongarelli, though I don't have confirmation.

On another note, this may be more of a stretch, but I wonder if the vocalist for Rocky and Fire Stone is Carlo Alberto "Charlie" Paterlini? I ask this because he cowrote Christine's "Because the Night", which was also penned by Nicola Mansueto, who does backup vocals on "Nightmare" and cowrote two of the tracks for the Rocky alias, including "Nightmare", as well as "I Can't Live Without You".

Charlie Paterlini is actually a veteran from the '60s beat band I Fuggiaschi, and he also composed a bit of music on his own in the '70s, in addition to writing an Italo disco song in the '80s called "Spanish Run". I managed to discover a video that features Charlie singing (he's the one on the far right; the first song begins around the 7:40 mark). It's a bit hard to make a full comparison because not only is the video from about 16 years after the Rocky and Fire Stone songs were recorded at SCP, these songs are sung in Italian and in a completely different style. However, I could vaguely imagine Charlie here sounding like Rocky/Fire Stone if he was singing in English and performing something far more aggressive and not spiritually elegant, as his voice has a similarly nasal tone to the early SCP vocalist. It's not anything I'm certain of, but I wouldn't count out the possibility, either.
ImageImage

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 20 Jun 2018, 23:34

I've been going through my collection and I have some questions re: the vocalist Melody Castellari. I've been listening to the songs that are ascribed to her in the catalog and I'm personally noticing 2 distinct, different voices. I'm curious if there may be some errors with the catalog or if maybe it's just that heavy filters were used in production. The different voices I hear are noted below:

Voice 1: Laurie - Hey Guy / Lilly - You Play A Wonderful Game / Maddy Lane - Love Me Crazy

Voice 2: Jenny - Pussycat Love / Queen Regina - Lucky Boy / Baby Gold - I Bet For Lovin' / Black Eva - Wheels On Fire

In addition to this, there are some songs whose vocals are somewhere inbetween the two listed above. They aren't as low and clear as Voice 1, but they're not as high-pitched and bubbly as Voice 2. Some of these songs include:

Voice 3: Milk And Coffea - Don't Stop Living / Nikita Jr. - Saturday Night / Divina - Destination To Desire.

Can someone weigh in with their thoughts? Here's the recent video posted by NickTheBeat that shows Melody singing for reference:

youtu.be/gEt1dXFGeTM

Also, in my opinion, Melody's voice in the above video sounds MOST like Claudia Vip - Walking Down The Street, which according to the database has an unknown vocalist.

I personally can't see her being the vocalist for Voice 2 after watching the above video. And from what I can hear, she has more of an accent in the above video that the vocals from Voice 1. So I'm super confused with this whole thing...

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 07 Sep 2018, 20:05

Could Ultraviolet be Sara Righetto ?
On You Belong To Me, from 0:53 to 0:56 it really sounds like her when she sing syllable by syllable.

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 15 Sep 2018, 20:24

Francesca Salaris is managing her Discogs page. She linked "Francie" to herself.
So Francie = Francesca Salaris

(Label Delta, Music : Francie - Bad Bad Boy)

https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/175526-Francie