The Best of NonStop Super Eurobeat 2009

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 16 Oct 2009, 02:33

I love how some tracks that have never even been on SEB are on this. I love even more how DJ Boss felt the need to remix his own track =P It's nice to see the two discs are much more balanced than last year's best of.

I didn't receive Get Wild & Be Sexy yet. What label is Easy Crazy Love? I only heard it on the SEF Para lesson vid and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 16 Oct 2009, 02:51

can't you tell it's irene in easy crazy love D:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Oct 2009, 06:23

SUPER MEGA STARS / NIKO & DOMINO 

that song will no doubt sound like a mix between Night Of Fire and Domino's biggest hit.Which one was that again?¡ :P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 16 Oct 2009, 08:24

Nine wrote:* 17 TRANSMISSION / DAVE RODGERS feat. ALEX DE ROSSO
This is a new song too right ? I somehow didn't remember seeing this anywhere.

Cover of Transmission by Mega NRG Man I suppose ?

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 16 Oct 2009, 11:55

Transmission was first released on Tokyo Drift 2009. And yup, it's a Mega NRG Man cover. It's not Eurock though.

Easy Crazy Love is presumably SCP, though the lack of Stefano Castagna in the songwriting credits (Milani, Codenotti, Somenzi) kinda makes me wonder... You can definitely hear Irene and Alessio Milani (Nick Key/Sonic Ray) singing. Really glad this one made it to the CD. :grin:

Also, YAY Niko & Domino!!!
...and LOL Niko Kickboxing - SO 2009. :D

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 16 Oct 2009, 13:05

Oh nooo!!

* 20 GIVE ME SUNSHINE / FUTURA
* 21 I'M SUPERSTAR / FUTURA

Why do these have to be on a BEST OF album :cry:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Oct 2009, 16:03

DarkSky wrote:Oh nooo!!

20 wasn't THAT bad but it's not a Best Of.
21... did it really sell THAT well in Japan?!? CERTAINLY unworthy of its position.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Oct 2009, 18:57

drnrg wrote:SUPER MEGA STARS / NIKO & DOMINO 

that song will no doubt sound like a mix between Night Of Fire and Domino's biggest hit.Which one was that again?¡ :P
Tora Tora Tora? Para Girl? Play With The Numbers? Mickey Mouse March? pick one. :grin:

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Oct 2009, 23:34

Considering Dave lost Alessandra, Elena and Denise, he's now desperately trying to raise another (and, if you ask me, pretty mediocre) female singer to a higher plane of existence in the eurobeat world. After all, A-Beat C is nothing special without a star female singer. For that reason, I'm guessing Dave paid Avex under the table to have every Futura song, including an unreleased one, on the Best Of album.

It's a smart move from a marketing perspective, but personally, I can't envisage Futura replacing any of the aforementioned female singers. Sure, she has a...unique voice, but she sounds so amateurish and underdeveloped that it's unbearable to listen to sometimes.

I'm all for A-Beat C trying out new things, but they're still riddled with the same problems as before. There's a curious pattern to all of this. In a few years (granted that this pattern continues), Futura will leave A-Beat C due to "personal issues" with Dave and transfer to a different label, just like Alessandra, Elena and Denise. Just watch. After that, Dave's fruitless search for the next A-Beat C female superstar begins yet again. A new singer isn't going to magically fix whatever problems Dave is having.
Last edited by Jay on 17 Oct 2009, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Oct 2009, 00:03

Jay wrote:

Considering Dave lost Alessandra, Elena and Denise, he's now desperately trying to raise another (and, if you ask me, pretty mediocre) female singer to a higher plane of existence in the eurobeat world. After all, A-Beat C is nothing special without a star female singer. For that reason, I'm guessing Dave paid Avex under the table to have every Futura song on the Best Of album.

It's a smart move from a marketing perspective, but personally, I can't envisage Futura ever replacing any of the aforementioned female singers. Sure, she has a unique voice, but she sounds so amateurish and underdeveloped that it's unbearable to listen to sometimes. I'm all for A-Beat C trying out new things, but they're still riddled with the same problems as before. A new singer won't magically fix them.
Sadly, Jay, underdeveloped and amateur is sort of "in" in some circles these days... perhaps Dave's bet is that it's precisely the sort of thing Japan wants to hear these days?
I don't mind Futura's voice much (as long as she's accompanied well enough), and she's a decent writer, if "Dance In My Town", "Fire Dragon" and even "Give Me Sunshine" (on some levels) are any indicators. Unfortunately, as a singer, I agree that she lacks the same "shine" as some other current Eurobeat vocalists have. However, it's better that ABeatC have a sufficient female vocalist (at least one that's tolerable) than none at all.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Oct 2009, 06:06

I'm gonna laugh when she leaves AbeatC and goes to HRG Attack. Her vocals fit that style.

Nine
drnrg wrote:
SUPER MEGA STARS / NIKO & DOMINO 

that song will no doubt sound like a mix between Night Of Fire and Domino's biggest hit.Which one was that again?¡

Tora Tora Tora? Para Girl? Play With The Numbers? Mickey Mouse March? pick one.
I allways liked Domino Dancing the best. It has her name in the title :grin:

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 21 Oct 2009, 20:37

cheeseman wrote:Easy Crazy Love is presumably SCP, though the lack of Stefano Castagna in the songwriting credits (Milani, Codenotti, Somenzi) kinda makes me wonder... You can definitely hear Irene and Alessio Milani (Nick Key/Sonic Ray) singing. Really glad this one made it to the CD. :grin:
Seems there was a mistake in the JASRAC database, as Stefano Castagna is now listed in the songwriting credits. So yeah, definitely SCP.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 22 Oct 2009, 23:10

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 23 Oct 2009, 01:09

:o

LOL

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Oct 2009, 02:01

It is nice to finally see another real SEB-style cover! I just hope it continues into the 200's...
ImageImage