Super Eurobeat 201

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 05 Mar 2010, 07:16

Jay wrote:At least, that's why I'm not buying eurobeat anymore, in addition to the fact that eurobeat kind of bores me these days.
Oh ok, that makes perfect sense. Mind telling me why the heck you even care about any of this, then?
MesdoramElmdor wrote:Also, to add to what I said, if someone can't afford to buy the album and they already know that they're not going to be able to buy it, then them downloading it isn't doing any damage to the industry.
This is a VERY good point, that I've thought about often myself. If you don't like the music and won't buy it anyway, then statistically (unless you share it with someone who likes it and subsequently should buy the song) it doesn't affect the industry one bit. Literally.

At any rate, "piracy" with eurobeat is an interesting and unique situation compared to other genres.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Mar 2010, 07:47

ryosuke63 wrote:This is a VERY good point, that I've thought about often myself. If you don't like the music and won't buy it anyway, then statistically (unless you share it with someone who likes it and subsequently should buy the song) it doesn't affect the industry one bit. Literally.
It doesn't hurt the industry, but it also doesn't help it, and a sheer lack of help is basically proportional to actual harm to the series. The eurobeat industry needs help to stay profitable, or else it will not survive.
ImageImage

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 05 Mar 2010, 07:51

#Infinity wrote:
ryosuke63 wrote:This is a VERY good point, that I've thought about often myself. If you don't like the music and won't buy it anyway, then statistically (unless you share it with someone who likes it and subsequently should buy the song) it doesn't affect the industry one bit. Literally.
It doesn't hurt the industry, but it also doesn't help it, and a sheer lack of help is basically proportional to actual harm to the series. The eurobeat industry needs help to stay profitable, or else it will not survive.
Yeah. Well how about we look at it this way - if you're gonna buy it even if you don't like it, then just call it a donation.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 05 Mar 2010, 12:42

lebon, i have held back for a bit and havnt commented on your case but i have to now....

if you cant afford a car and your parents have to pay for the gas and upkeep then maybe you should sell it to get those funds. like most people in this world if you cant afford to keep the things you like you go with out these things... items like car, computers and eurobeat are luxuries and when you on a budget you learn to live with out them...i mean all your reasons/excuses are such a cop out... i have been in your situation but i still was able to sell items on ebay, and even use that money to buy more items to then resell on ebay. and that kept me going for over 6 months (paying a whopping $700AUD per month for my car loan. plus fuel, and all my other bills...you just have to be resorceful......in the end i was able to buy D1grand prix, campus summit SEB170 and SEB180 and other eurobeat related items. if you really want something and want to set a goal then you CAN do it!!

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 05 Mar 2010, 12:46

MesdoramElmdor wrote:Also, to add to what I said, if someone can't afford to buy the album and they already know that they're not going to be able to buy it, then them downloading it isn't doing any damage to the industry.
I think this person has a point here. Furthermore, It even could stimulate others to start purchasing eurobeat releases, as it has happened to many of us here.

But seriously, can we please have enough of this talk already?

While my copy arrives, I sowsed the album.. My hopes weren't high at all, so I got a nice surprise when I dug almost every song of the album, way to go Ken Blast /o/ keep it up!!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Mar 2010, 13:52

Gorgia_v wrote:lebon, i have held back for a bit and havnt commented on your case but i have to now....

if you cant afford a car and your parents have to pay for the gas and upkeep then maybe you should sell it to get those funds. like most people in this world if you cant afford to keep the things you like you go with out these things... items like car, computers and eurobeat are luxuries and when you on a budget you learn to live with out them...i mean all your reasons/excuses are such a cop out... i have been in your situation but i still was able to sell items on ebay, and even use that money to buy more items to then resell on ebay. and that kept me going for over 6 months (paying a whopping $700AUD per month for my car loan. plus fuel, and all my other bills...you just have to be resorceful......in the end i was able to buy D1grand prix, campus summit SEB170 and SEB180 and other eurobeat related items. if you really want something and want to set a goal then you CAN do it!!
Oh yeah, I'm gonna sell my car that is worth nothing (1995 car, it has NO value) and going to be on foot where, here, everything so far away from each other. The next city is a minimum of 30min by car and there is no public means of transportation here (no buses, no metro). Yeah, rrrright. (but I only put gas in my car every 2 or 3 weeks).

Btw, my mom pays everything where I live and that includes food. And, that's why I'm trying to reduce the spending I make here.

Since I'm a collector, I'm not gonna start selling valuables online. A job is the only thing that I will accept that will give me a revenue. Like I said in an ealier post, I will be getting in town today to try to get a job. Hopefully, it'll lead me somewhere...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 05 Mar 2010, 14:09

hey Lebon, with respect:

Please stop ventilating your personal life in a SEB Release thread.

I'm sure you must have a lot of reasons for doing piracy instead of actual purchasing, but I really don't think that this forum, or this thread in particular is the right spot to let everyone know the actual value of your ride...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Mar 2010, 15:19

nullsoon wrote:hey Lebon, with respect:

Please stop ventilating your personal life in a SEB Release thread.

I'm sure you must have a lot of reasons for doing piracy instead of actual purchasing, but I really don't think that this forum, or this thread in particular is the right spot to let everyone know the actual value of your ride...
Yeah, you're right. But people don't stop attacking me...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 05 Mar 2010, 16:47

1. Yo Shine - Power Of My Love
2. Mr.Moog - Say Goodbye
3. Girl Next Door - Climber's High (Dima Music Studio 1 Remix)
4. Queen 26- You Are My Lover
5. Dave & Futura - Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix)
6. Manuel - Nightrain
7. Claudia VIP - In Your Car
8. Ken Blast - When The Sun Goes Down
9. Fastway - Rock Beatin' Wild
10. Tipsy & Tipsy - Never Ending Love
11. Wild Reputation (Rock Mix)
12. K. De Leo - Wonderlover
13. Nathalie - Live It Up!
14. Mirka - 10,000 Lovers

Not a very good album I think.
Power Of Love is VERY good though!!!!!!!

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 05 Mar 2010, 23:31

lebon we arnt attacking you, your just trying to give excuses as to why you pirate SEB....

i am a collector too...hence being able to make good money on ebay...again collecting is a luxury...when you have no cash you go with out!!

thats the last i will say about this

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 06 Mar 2010, 05:35

Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 06 Mar 2010, 08:43

that pics all great and everything but i dont think we are arguing...if anything its just a convo. i mean no one is going yes you are...No im not...yes you are...people are just chating in this thread about everything but the actual topic!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 06 Mar 2010, 12:04

Gorgia_v wrote:that pics all great and everything but i dont think we are arguing...if anything its just a convo. i mean no one is going yes you are...No im not...yes you are...people are just chating in this thread about everything but the actual topic!
The pic was meant to be a joke to liven up the mood. Thank you for psychoanalyzing it buzz killington LOL...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Mar 2010, 22:16

Happy or not of my way of seeing things, let's cut it out and return on topic.

So, let me be the first* to review the full thing.
* Not sure if anyone else reviewed the full thing in this thread... I checked but I'm not sure.

1. Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix) by Dave Rodgers Feat. Futura A-Beat-C
-5:36-

The song was first heard on The Best Of 2009. I don't know why it was featured on there when it wasn't featured anywhere else before. Anyway, here, it is offered in its extended "Gold mix" form. I'm kind of happy to see an extended of that track because otherwise I wouldn't have paid attention one bit like I did for the last 3 SEB albums (SEB 200 excluded). The intro isn't A-Beat-C typical at all. It breaks from the usual intro which is great. The riff is exciting and sounds great especially with the extra "Super Euro Eurobeat" line. The verse is a just a bit bland but don't take that has a negative; it sounds great none-the-less. The chorus though, is a whole other story! It's really energetic and catchy has hell. I really love it. The guitar solo after the second chorus is pretty good. A very nice touch!

All in all, this track is incredible. Also, a great way to start a new page in the story of Super Eurobeat.

Rating : 10/10

2. Power Of My Love by Yo Shine SCP
-4:24-

Holy fucking cow! The intro alone grabs immediate attention. It has a pop side and is VERY happy. Extremely catchy from the beginning. The riff is even more catchy with the "Hey!"s which only wants you to say it along loudly! Very catchy verse, bridge and chorus... I have nothing else to say. It's really wonderful!

All in all, it's a masterpiece ment to become a long-time over-played track. I really enjoy it!

Rating : 11/10

3. Rock Beatin' Wild by Fastway SCP
-4:06-

Fastway is back with more! The intro starts with a quiet guitar then the usual chorus in the intro. Catchy, not sure but at least it grabs attention to keep listening the song. The riff is made of heavy guitar riffs. Very catchy. The verse is the usual Fastway catchy-ness. I have nothing to say. The bridge is over catchy! OMG. The chorus is catchy but might not fit certain people style though. But I do like it! The guitar solo is fucking amazing! Seriously, it's short but, damn!

All in all, an extremely exciting song! Worth replaying over and over.

Rating : 10/10

4. 10000 Lovers by Mirka A-Beat-C
-6:23-

Oh crap, the crapiness begins. The intro is OK I could say. The riff is weird but listenable. The verse and chorus are good but the vocals just kills everything. Pitched and weird sounding. No, sorry but this song is just overly overage in my opinion. Bonus points for megamix material at the beginning and the end.

Rating :

5. Nightrain by Manuel Go Go's Music
-5:41-

Manuel is finally back from a rather long break! The song start with a strong guitar riff. The riff is the usual (awesome) Go Go's riff. The first (also the second) verse drops the beat but it's actually really good. Not the best though. The bridge is OK I guess. It takes a bit of listening to get used to it though and the chorus too. I'm a bit confused on the chorus though... I don't know if I like it or not. A part of me says no and the other says yes. But, I think the no side is winning here though.

All in all, the song is good but the chorus kills it a little though. I Pretty sure that it won't be a personal favorite though. Good but not replay worthy.

Rating : 8

6. Never Ending Love by Tipsy & Tipsy Saifam/Asia
-4:55-

I won't hide it : I can't get past the intro... so... yeah.

Rating : 0

7. You Are My Wonder by Queen 26 Delta
-5:18-

Heavy guitars again XD But this time, it's not a riff, more like a repeated note. The intro isn't made to be remembered but it's actually OK. The riff heavily reminds me of anything Sinclaire makes. OK, I know that Newfield was once with Sinclaire but damn, this one is just... oh god. The verse and chorus are actually pretty catchy. Not as catchy as Rock Beatin' Wild, Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix) and Power Of My Love, but it has its own trademark. The rest of the song is the usual Eurobeat standard fare.

Rating :

8. Say Goodbye by Mr. Moog Dima
-5:22-

The intro is very good! I like how it is progressive and brings sounds one after another. The riff is very good and reminds me older style riffs used in the past (from the actual songs I listen in those eras - and those aren't legion). The verses, bridge and chorus are exceptionnaly well produced, catchy. Dima rarely misses songs and this song is another prime exemple.

Rating : 10

9. In Your Car by Claudia VIP Hi-NRG Attack
-5:54-

Finally, Hi-NRG Attack break away from their usual 4min extended. But with this song, I really wonder if a whopping 5 minutes 54 seconds was really neccesary because the song actually gets on nerves rather quickly because of all of the high notes used in the riff. On top of all, when it is used a LOT in the song, it takes a hit on the replay button. Props on the bridge cause it's catchy. The verse is OK but nothing out of the ordinary. The chorus isn't exceptional.

All and all, bad mouths will say that all Hi-NRG Attack sounds the same. While it's a bit true, because of that, it's a hit or miss. This song in my opinion, is a miss because I think the riff is quite annoying to hear and the rest isn't attractive. Only if there were more "Sexy Wild & Crazy Sound"...

Rating : 6

10. Wonderlover by K.Deleo Eurogrooves
-5:09-

Oh god, the intro alone makes me want to skip it. But compared to Never Ending Love, I can bare it to the riff. the riff isn't exceptional and sounds a lot of a riff used in a aishu-type of Eurobeat song. The verse and bridge are good. They are catchy in their own way but the chorus kills it. Too bad.

All in all, I am not extremely proud of this song. Even if I said good things about it, as I am reviewing this while listening to it (not the first time though), I just have this urge to skip it. So, yeah.

Rating : 6

11. Live It Up! by Nathalie SinclaireStyle
-5:08-

SinclaireStyle sound... OK. I like that fat beat used here. The intro is pretty good. It keeps the attention. The riff is pretty good. A bit weaker than King & Queen (Classic Mix) but still very catchy. The rest of the song, without much details, is pretty good. Over-average SinclaireStyle song if you ask me. The guitar solo, now that I think of it, is a very nice touch. It's a first in a Sinclaire song if I'm right.

All in all, it's a very good song for SinclaireStyle and I hope that he will keep it up!

Rating :

12. When The Sun Goes Down by KenBlast (zoupzuop2) Delta
-4:55-

The beginning of the song heavily reminds me of Linkin Park for some reasons... Also, the intro is loooooooonnnnnng compared to the total length of the song. Holy cow. The song has been growing on me though. At first I thought it wouldn't be too great but finally, I think it's actually pretty good. Notice how a full version changes eveything compared to samples! Btw, I've always been a fan of that galloping bass (also used in "Tonight Tonight" by Kevin Johnson). I think it makes the song catchier like that. Keep improving because this song was only the beginning. Btw, I'll be heavily interressed in a future agressive and face-paced song (maybe under another alias?).

Rating :

13. Climber's High (Dima Remix) by Girl Next Door Dima/Avex
-5:33- (has 10 seconds of silence at the end ugh... Hence why I deduced it)

In Japanese? Who gives a crap! The intro starts slowly and brings everything progressively. I like that. But, it's actually pretty long too (53 seconds). The riff is pretty good. I can't say much of the vocals and how well the remix is because I never heard the original.
*searches on Youtube*
Nothing...
*search on Google*
*finds a vietnamese music streaming site*
The original is good but I think the remix is actually an improvement over the original as it fits the song really well. Another masterpiece in Dima's book!

Rating : 10

14. Wild Reputation (Rock Mix) by Dave Rodgers A-Beat-C
-6:01-

Last song already! Oh wait, it's not Eurobeat... well, it still have a lot of Eurobeat sounds inside. Mainly the riff. Having listened to it and being a fan of rock music in general, I really like this song. It's pretty catchy and heavy in the riff, I like it. Talking of heavy, I really like how Dave mixed the soft with heavier parts. It sounds really good. The guitar solo is great too.

All in all, I'm not really able to describe rock music well but I must add that this song has a lot of replay value; at least for me.

Rating :

OVERALL

It has been a very long wait but I think it was worth it after all but at the same time, it wasn't necessary. The album has also a lot of guitar work, I was really surprised. For exemple, Super Eurobeat, Rock Beatin' Wild, Nightrain, Live It Up! and Wild Reputation (Rock mix) (DUHHHH!) are exemples. The album itself has a lot of so-so tracks while having a lot of very good tracks. A half-half, I must say. I'm pleased with the result and well, what to say, I'm craving for more.

Overall rating :

Best 3

"Power Of My Love" by Yo Shine
"Rock Beatin' Wild" by Fastway
"Say Goodbye" by Mr. Moog

Homorable Mentions
"Live It Up!" by Nathalie
"Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix)" by Dave Rodgers & Futura
"Climber's High (Dima Remix)" by Girl Next Door

Bottom 3
"Never Ending Love" by Tipsy & Tipsy
"In Your Car" by Claudia VIP
"Wonderlover" by K. Deleo
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 06 Mar 2010, 23:00

Lebon, found a job?

1. Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix) by Dave Rodgers Feat. Futura
I truly loved this song when I bought the SEB Best Of 2009 extended, this ''Gold Mix'' doesn't differ alot from that version, I prefer the 1st version's intro.. anyway, I like this song alot! It's a good piece of A-Beat C music, Giancarlo doesn't produce very good music these days, but this one is great!
9/10

2. Power Of My Love by Yo Shine
Linda's voice makes me love her songs ALL THE TIME!
I don't know how come, but it's so special, it seems like producers cannot produce bad sounding songs with her voice. All of her songs are good!
I'm glad to have a new song sang by Linda, it's amazing.
The intro is just perfect, chorus beautiful, everything is PERFECT!
12/10

3. Rock Beatin' Wild by Fastway
The intro begins with a guitar, and then Fastway's voice singing ''Rock Beatin' Wild'' on a way is really DISLIKE. The beat of this song is too fast, it just doesn't fit to the song. I don't like it! The chorus sounds horrible.
NO ENERGY AT ALL!
5/10

4. 10000 Lovers by Mirka
Oh my god
1/10

5. Nightrain by Manuel GoGo's Music
Here we go, a typical GoGo's Music track.
Welcome back Manuel! It's a good comeback, but it sounds like this song was supposed to sound faster! You can hear that on Manuel's way of singing. The riff is very normal, like many other GoGo's Music tracks.
The song is quite good and is growing on me.
7.5/10

6. Never Ending Love by Tipsy & Tipsy
Hmmm.. no.
1/10

7. You Are My Wonder by Queen 26
This song is gooood!
Great DELTA song, I'm not a big fan of Gelmetti's music...
Sometimes his songs sound extremely good, and sometimes they just really don't !! hhaha This one belongs to the first category, I love the song! But hey... that intro reminds me of an other song.
10/10

8. Say Goodbye by Mr. Moog
Yeah.. it's Dima, Dima Music always sounds good.
Magnani's vocals are magnificent!
11/10

9. Your Car by Claudia VIP Hi-NRG Attack
Heh what!??
4/10

10. Wonderlover by K.Deleo EuroGrooves
I just don't like this song, I can't really explain you why either.
EuroGrooves' sound is too normal.
5/10

11. Live It Up! by Nathalie
SinclaireStyle should stick to Hyper Techno, I don't like their Eurobeat.
5/10

12. When The Sun Goes Down by Ken Blast
Great intro, and vocals by Travis!
I don't like the riff very much though, I don't think it's a very good song, but I don't think it's bad either. So here's my rating:
6/10

13. Climber's High (Dima Music Studio 1 Remix) by Girl Next Door
Yeah, I think nobody dislikes this song/remix. It's awesome!
9/10

14. Wild Reputation (Rock Mix) by Dave Rodgers
Those ''hyper-techno clicks/hits idunnohowtocallthese (i think drnrg called them orchestra hits..)'' are soooooo annoying! You hear them all the time.
6/10
Last edited by DarkSky on 18 Mar 2010, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.