Super Eurobeat 202

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2010, 10:20

drnrg wrote:what about that Bubbles song? iT HAS A sCREAM tEAM SOUND AND IT'S SCP. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD REVIEW THAT ONE FOR SURE.
Hanky Panky strays far more into the territory of Kiki & Fancy, but with squeakier and goofier vocals. I'm not mad on it as it still sounds like it's trying to be all Bubblegum in style (like Smile.dk etc.) but it fails. Also, Super Eurobeat isn't the place for Bubblegum in my eyes. Scream Team tracks always have a bit more of a bite - of course, the main reason I used to go crazy for them is because we had Pamsy on vocals, but since Kooky Spooky even that has changed :(

Anyway, like I said I'll write a review of all the tracks I bought later on. The ones I highlighted above were the ones that first caught my ear :D

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Apr 2010, 12:32

DarkSky wrote:Some existing artists that make a comeback, completely new artists, and ........................ no.. you'll see that by yourself very soon :|
Judy Crystal's vocalist...? :B /naive hope

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 Apr 2010, 13:24

DarkSky wrote:Some existing artists that make a comeback, completely new artists, and ........................ no.. you'll see that by yourself very soon :|
Vocalists don't really have anything to do with what I said; the Dima sound is starting to sound a tad recycled. If there are new vocalists on the horizon though, then great. I can't wait to hear what they bring to the table.

Don't get me wrong, Dima's still one of my favourite labels at the moment, but I'm disappointed by this Dream Fighters song (from what I've heard).

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2010, 13:32

The riff of I Can't Stop Lovin' You has been bugging me, as the beginning of it sounded soooo familiar...and I've finally worked it out.

Even though the key and BPM are different, the first 4 beats sound like they have been transposed from "Loved In Tokyo" by Max Zero (SEB 197). Luckily the rest of the hooks are different, but those 4 beats just struck me as being scarily familiar. Here's hoping Dima isn't running out of inspiration (I'm not attacking him here - just merely pointing out the striking similarity that could hint at a tiny bit of inspiration loss... :P)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 Apr 2010, 15:39

Jay wrote: Vocalists don't really have anything to do with what I said; the Dima sound is starting to sound a tad recycled. I
They actually do.. some styles just don't fit to specific artists. New vocals are a good source of inspiration!

Super Eurobeat Vol.203 will have a new song in an experimental style. I think the_ditz will like the song, hint hint hint... hahaha (let this be very clear: Pamsy is NOT at Dima Music.. it's something else I'm hinting about)

Ok and last but not least, Manuel... he is now at Dima Music
you can expect to hear some of his very fresh new songs soon!!!!!!

Manuel is now a staff member of Dima Music, as a singer, composer and arranger in the Italian Dima Music Studio.

The new Dima Music staff team:

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 07 Apr 2010, 16:45

Wow that is big news!! I happen to enjoy the dreamfighter song a lot. It does seem to borrow elements from Loved in Tokyo and Tsundere Night with a discoey/dance style that Dima's has lately. I like!
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2010, 20:32

DarkSky wrote:
Jay wrote: Vocalists don't really have anything to do with what I said; the Dima sound is starting to sound a tad recycled. I
They actually do.. some styles just don't fit to specific artists. New vocals are a good source of inspiration!

Super Eurobeat Vol.203 will have a new song in an experimental style. I think the_ditz will like the song, hint hint hint... hahaha (let this be very clear: Pamsy is NOT at Dima Music.. it's something else I'm hinting about)

Ok and last but not least, Manuel... he is now at Dima Music
you can expect to hear some of his very fresh new songs soon!!!!!!

Manuel is now a staff member of Dima Music, as a singer, composer and arranger in the Italian Dima Music Studio.

The new Dima Music staff team:

Okay, a couple of things...

Number 1 - getting Manuel on board is a very surprising and cool piece of news! Is he going to be exclusively Dima now, or will he straddle both Dima and GGM for a while? Also, is Tomas (Mega NRG Man) under Dima's banner now or was Loved In Tokyo just a one-off special?

Number 2 -
Darksky wrote:Super Eurobeat Vol.203 will have a new song in an experimental style. I think the_ditz will like the song, hint hint hint... hahaha (let this be very clear: Pamsy is NOT at Dima Music.. it's something else I'm hinting about)
If it ain't Pamsy, then it's either the full version of "Eternity" by Aleky (which isn't a new track, so it can't be) or Krystal has a new track, but I don't know if she'd do something massively experimental. You can't leave me hanging like that man - I'm PM'ing you!! :P

Also, what's your role at Dima now? Just PR, or something more? :D

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 Apr 2010, 20:45

Manuel is exclusively at Dima Music now ;)

About Tomas... he will record some new tracks from Dima Music within some weeks, and my roles at Dima Music are various kinds of things.. lyrics, pronunciation, webmaster, ''judging'', experimenting :)

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 07 Apr 2010, 22:46

call me slow but i just realised that darksky is linked to dima....haha

i am for one very happy that dima has now got Manuel, i love his vocals!

as a eurobeat fan i dont care if some songs sound similar or the styles are the same...if you listen to Asia/Saifam, any Mark Farina songs in particular alot of their songs have the same or similar deep bassline and thats what i like. anything Dima music has done so far i have loved!! and i am sure my car has loved hearing me sing along!!

cant wait for more

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Apr 2010, 01:15

DarkSky wrote:Manuel is exclusively at Dima Music now ;)
I'm definitely intrigued to hear how Manuel sounds at Dima, but I'm definitely gonna miss his style at GGM. I absolutely adore songs like Gas Gas Gas, Adrenaline, and the almost-perfect (save for the chorus) Nightrain, so his new label is going to have a lot to live up to in order to truly please me.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 08 Apr 2010, 01:15

All I can say is thank god Manuel is no longer at GGM.

But at the same time, GGM's male line up is almost nonexistent now. That leaves only Leo River and Tomas Marin, and neither have made that many appearances. Bit of a worry.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 08 Apr 2010, 01:56

The first thought I had when I heard the news was what is it going to be like without Sandro Oliva writing most of his songs... It must be different.

Anyway, to be back on topic, Ready Forever seems to have a really similar feel to A Perfect Hero for me, but I believe Ready Forever is more powerful (imo). I especially love the "Don't stop the dancing" part :P

My only fear with the Manuel thing is that I'm scared that he won't be doing many fast songs with how Dima is producing now. But ehh, I shouldn't be fearing change in the eurobeat scene too much.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 08 Apr 2010, 01:56

DarkSky wrote:Manuel is exclusively at Dima Music now ;)

About Tomas... he will record some new tracks from Dima Music within some weeks, and my roles at Dima Music are various kinds of things.. lyrics, pronunciation, webmaster, ''judging'', experimenting :)
Hey while Tomas is there, see if we can get some new pics of him - there's only like 2 pictures of him in existence. :D
Maybe a short interview too... or I'm probably getting ahead of myself.
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 08 Apr 2010, 04:43

While my first impressions of this album are pretty positive, I'm not really as blown away by the full product as I was when I heard the samples. It's certainly possible that listening to it more will change my thoughts, but overall, I think that there were more truly standout songs on SEB 201, which, I've got to be honest, is pretty darn good aside from the two slip-ups.

I'll review this album after listening to it more and seeing how my long-term opinions turn out.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 08 Apr 2010, 05:15

I just finished listening to this album twice through.

Funny you should say that #Infinity; I had the exact opposite feeling. I was completely underwhelmed by the samples but this full release turned out to be better than I thought. I guess your expectations were too high. I thought this album was much better than SEB201. Like always, there were a few terrible songs, but the better end of the album was much stronger than usual.

I'll review it later.