Super Eurobeat 203

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 May 2010, 22:04

No, DarkSky said both 'Freedom' and 'I Belong to You' were experimental. I'd find the post where he said it but I'm in a rush.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 May 2010, 00:41

Jay
02. IRE... MOMO / SEND ME AN ANGEL
I'm surprised this song is receiving glowing reviews by just about everybody so far, even from those who don't normally like this style. I ask, what's so different about this song compared to all the other "Irenesque" productions? The lack of annoying and childish sounds is a plus, but it sounds like a clone of the other female SCP songs released on 201 and 202. I suppose the hardcore fans of this trance style (and there are quite a few!) will fall in love with this, but I'm personally growing tired of this repetitive SCP female style. It was great the first time ('Let's Fly Together'), alright the second time ('Love is the Name of Love'), but it's time to give it a rest after the 50th time. At the very least, give somebody else a go at the vocals for these trancey songs. Yes, I know Momo is a different vocalist to Irene, but they may as well be the same person since they sound identical. 'Send Me An Angel' is okay, but I'm not going to cream my pants over it like some others already have.
GRADE: 5.5

Jay brings up a good point here, but in this particular song's defense; I wouldn't go so far as to say this song resembles Pamsy Transy style at all. The bpm's alone are faster anmd the riff has a lot more going on then the subpar Pamsy Transy ones... and Yes, Momo does quite sound like Irene. I find I do quite enjoy Irene's songs, so long she stays away from the kiddy style of Food Fighter and the funny thing is I kinda Enjoy Pamsy bouncy songs as opposed to her trans Style. Here is a question? What ever happened to Lucya?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 07 May 2010, 00:44

the_ditz wrote:But just to go on record for now with some thoughts on the Stephy track not being eurobeat - I say "excuse me, what??" Where exactly is there an official definition of what Eurobeat can and cannot be? Music genres are very subjective things in my mind, and I don't think you can dismiss something as belonging to another genre so easily - over the years, the Eurobeat sound evolves and incorporates new sounds and styles. I remember a time when the so-called SCP Trance style a-la Pamsy (which I still don't believe to be Trance anyway - see? Subjectivity at play :)) was frowned upon by a lot of people, but on the whole now (and I'm speaking generally as I know there may be some people that disagree), those tracks are accepted as being a sub-style within the wide umbrella of the Eurobeat genre. So who's to say that I Belong To You can't also be classified as another style of Eurobeat - to me, the production at the core remains closely aligned to the Eurobeat style, while also introducing more poppy and dance inspired sections.

[/my two cents] :P
Yes there is,

Slow songs can't be eurobeat. :P

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 May 2010, 01:41

the_ditz wrote:
If you're referring to DarkSky's promises before the release, he was referring to the Stephy track as being the experimental Dima song. Freedom was never intended as an experimental track from what I remember.
Freedom is experimental in that it uses a moog synth for the song. also, the sounds at 3:08 could be considered experimental too.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2010, 02:50

I ordered my CD but I haven't got it yet and since everybody started making their review, I say "FUCK" Let's so it witrh the MP3s I have.

01. Freedom by David Dima (Dima)
Ah so we start with Dima. The sample didn't really do justice for me. Let's see if the full song changes my way of thinking. The intro starts off with a trance-sounding music. Then, suddenly, à la A-Beat-C (but less ponctuate), "BOOM" : into the riff which isn't really great but reminds me of "The Lovebite" by Dusty (only by the style, not the sound). The verse aren't much my style. I don't say that Dima didn't put time into the production or anything, it's not just for me. The chorus is the best part of the song for me : a lot of energy. I like it. The break is VERY special. It litterally stops for a split second. Overall, it's a good song but not bound to become a top favorite of mine.

EDIT : It grown on me a bit while I played it in Audiosurf.

Rating : 9

02. Send Me An Angel by Momo (SCP)
Irene, yet, AGAIN. It makes me laugh XD. The intro is really sweet sounding and literrally mix with the riff which is pretty good. I love this kind of riff. The verse are really sweet and respect the mood of the song. The chorus is even better. The way Mo- I mean, Irene sings "Send Me An Angel" is a direct reference to the song of the same name by "Real Life" (Youtube it). I really like that song in overall : the song really has this mood that we really would need an angel.

Rating : 9½

03. My Dream by Ace Warrior (A-Beat-C)
Ace Warrior heh? Intro starts off with the usual Ace Warrior fair : electric guitars. However, this intro is REALLY catchy. The synth riff kicks off. I'm impressed. This song is in the better of A-Beat-C these days. This song is full energy all the way. There are no way that I could not like at least a bit this song.

04. Waiting For Your Hero by Daniel (Delta)
I've held several hunches against Daniel in the past but those only concerns about one song. The proof is this song sounds pretty good. It still has one problem that most Daniel has : the emptiness of the synth hook. It seems that synth are alone above everything else. The bass is barely there. What i like in the song is the hard synth in the intro and break-down (exemple : 0:28 and 2:59). Makes me think of "Time Distortion (Red Monster Mix)" by Two-Mix. Pretty good song, too bad that the riff misses that punch.

EDIT : It grown on me a bit too...

05. Toy For Love by Bon (SinclaireStyle)
OK, I admit. I ADORE this song. The chorus is so damn catchy. Also, I like the fact that the whole song follows the same rhythm of the chorus. It makes it unique. How would I describe this song? One word : CATCHY.

Rating : 10

06. Do With Me by Vicky Vale (Delta)
Oh god. This is the first real let down of the album. Sounds are plain and brings only boringness. The chorus doesn't change anything from the verses and bridge. They are all sung on the same notes. Doesn't sound like it's a chorus. The synth hook is BORING. Anyway. The song is not horrible but is far from being good.

Rating : 6

07. The Snake Around by The Snake (SCP)
OMFG EARGASMIC. This is purely insane!! I really love everything about this song. The mix of rock and euro sounds are really eargasmic. I cannot tell how good this song is. But I still think that "Speed Of Light" is their best song though.

08. 109 by Domino (Go Go's Music)
Many people showed their disappointment toward this song. I think is pretty good song. I don't care about the japanese lyrics (in which in the booklet (me got scanz) are romanized - LOL). This is really catchy. The synth hook is very good. I really like that kind of riff. The vocals are nice. Like Domino has the habit to give. So, I don't why someone would hate this song especially when it's a bit old (I think it is). So, yeah, I like!.

09. Take This Way by Christian (Eurogrooves)
The intro makes me think I watching Initial D or at least listening to the soundtracks. So yeah, it takes a bit of time to start up the intro but this intro is actually EXTREMELY catchy. The synth hook is sounding a lot of Time used to make in the past. I really like that. The verse, bridge and chorus are really exciting and catchy. It really spells "Eurobeat" out loud. I can see this song to become a classic.

10. I Am A Liar by Lilly (Hi-NRG Attack)
WHAT?!? Avex choosing something different Hi-NRG Attack... that's... that's... A MIRACLE. Indeed. I still doesn't adore this riff but it grows on me. The vocals are really nice, that's why it's different for Hi-NRG Attack right? ...along with the riff. A very nice effort to something different. That effort is not for nothing coz a new style needs work to perfect! This is a good start.

EDIT : Guess what, it grown on me too XD

11. Diabolik by Diabolik (Saifam/Asia)
I bought this song ages ago (last year I think). It's still as awesome as it was the first time I heard that. The "Oh Oh's" are incredibly catchy and those synth just before the first "Oh's" are OH GOD... EARGASMIC!!

12. I Belong To You by Stephy (Dima)
More Stephy Martini! Yes! Fever Of Love was starting to get a bit old and I was looking forward to hear more extended format music from her. The intro starts slowly with piano and synth being added and then the beat. The synth hook is perfect. Very good work from Dima. The vocals are simply incredible. The vocals are so smooth to the ears. She sings like an angel just like Mari-san. This song will probably become one of my personnal favoriet just like "Once Upon A Time" by Pamsy.

Rating : 11

13. Power Of Love (Morris Capaldi Versus Girl Next Door Remix) by Girl Next Door (Avex & Delta)
The longest track of this volume. This is a pretty good song. I haven't heard the original so I can't say if it's a good remix or not. But I think I prefer Climber's High over this one simply because the sounds seems more punchier on Dima's remix of Climber's High than Capaldi's remix here. Not bad but not a favorite.

Rating : 8½

14. Try Me (Rock Mix) by Dave Rodgers
Someone... tell me... is this a joke? The intro has nothing to do with rock. Then, the riff just add a electric guitar layer over the riff. the rest just sound so empty. WHY DAVE?!? This is a girl's song!!

Rating : 6

Overall this is a very good album. I'm very pleased with it. I'm really happy with my purchase, I have nothing to say. There were only a few let down and this is what I'm really surprised. Since the beginning of the 200's, I have yet to be disappointed in the albums getting out. Probably because I'm a fan of the newer sounds. I say, if it keeps that way, SEB is heading toward good days ahead of itself. So yeah.

Top 3 :

"The Snake Around" by The Snake
"Toy Of Love" by Bon
"I Belong To You" by Stephy

Honorable Mention(s) :
"Diabolik" by Diabolik (not in the top simply for the fact that I've been listening to this one for a while)
"Take This Way" by Christian

Bottom 3 :
"Do With Me" by Vicky Vale
"Try Me (Rock Mix)" by Dave Rodgers
"Power Of Love (...)" by Girl Next Door (rated 8 in the bottom 3 :\ )

Overall rating : 9
Last edited by Lebon14 on 07 May 2010, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 07 May 2010, 03:00

Sad thing is that you people really like both SCP songs but don't get too accustomed to it. This is now considered the old style of SCP. Both songs were made in 2008. Power Of My Love is Jan 2010 and represents an example of the new style of SCP. Stefano and crew have been working with new artists and further experimenting with the SCP sound.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 May 2010, 03:39

thejti wrote:Sad thing is that you people really like both SCP songs but don't get too accustomed to it. This is now considered the old style of SCP. Both songs were made in 2008. Power Of My Love is Jan 2010 and represents an example of the new style of SCP. Stefano and crew have been working with new artists and further experimenting with the SCP sound.
Yeah, I could definitely notice that. I mentioned in my review that Power Of My Love sounded like a song with the first major production update in a while. The Momo song is pretty good imo, but as you stated, it's bascially the same style from SCP that fans are used to by now. It really doesn't sound a whole lot different from Let's Fly Together or Love Is The Name Of Love, to be honest.

My overall impression of this album is quite positive. There aren't really a whole lot of huge standouts as with SEB 201, but I enjoy pretty much everything on it, so I can happily listen through the whole album without wanting to skip anything. Even the Try Me cover I kind of enjoyed; it honestly sounds fine so long as you aren't trying too hard to compare it to the original song. My favorite tracks at the moment are probably Diabolik, One-O-Nine, and I Belong To You. I was also pleasantly surprised by The Snake Around and My Dream, although the latter's vocals are too quiet, much like Dreamlover.
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 07 May 2010, 05:09

Again a relatively meh-worthy album. Things all around are rather okay, no huge misses no huge hits either. At least there's no All Around The World or Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars on this album. The problem I guess this time around is that all of the songs are pretty good, some better than others obviously, but since everything's nice and dandy it seems like there are no distinctive highs or lows.

Well the songs I expected to be good were good, the ones I expected to be boring were boring. So maybe a bit too predictable in a way I guess. Dima's style is getting more boring by every album it seems, needs some more life.
Last edited by Bore on 07 May 2010, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 May 2010, 09:02

thejti
Sad thing is that you people really like both SCP songs but don't get too accustomed to it. This is now considered the old style of SCP. Both songs were made in 2008. Power Of My Love is Jan 2010 and represents an example of the new style of SCP. Stefano and crew have been working with new artists and further experimenting with the SCP sound.
Why would that be sad? I would like em even more if they retutned to the style of Christine- Crazy Generation, Thomas Lee- Midnight and Ace- Take Mt Breath Away. If thier new style sounds too far away from the songs on this cd, then they probobly Kiss aways the days of having classics like Not For Sale on thier roster.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2010, 09:19

OK, OK, I've rearranged a little my scores and I officially renamed "Toy For Love" into "The SO HAPPY song". Well, could it be SinclaireStyle's style for happy-go-lucky songs?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 07 May 2010, 13:28

Did anyone notice that the riff for Power of Love sounds very very similiar to Big Bad and Hot Love by Leslie Parrish? That was the first thing to pop into my head!

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 07 May 2010, 15:02

i just think the riff in alot of capaldi's songs sound the same :idea:

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 May 2010, 23:39

taQ wrote:i just think the riff in alot of capaldi's songs sound the same :idea:
You could say the same for nearly all the eurobeat producers though.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 07 May 2010, 23:59

para_rigby wrote:Did anyone notice that the riff for Power of Love sounds very very similiar to Big Bad and Hot Love by Leslie Parrish? That was the first thing to pop into my head!
Haha Francis and I were listening to the Girl Next Door CD last weekend and he said the exact same thing. I then went on to say the exact same thing Jason just said to you. :P

Regardless of how similar Capaldi's riffs sound they're still kick ass for the most part. I wonder how much longer until I get tired of them though...

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 08 May 2010, 00:04

1. David Dima - Freedom
This isn't anything new from Dima at all, it's just powerful and solid. I don't mind Eurobeat sounding totally similar as long as it's consistent, and that's the case with Dima for me. This is probably my favorite Dima song since King of the World, which I enjoyed quite a bit. This was an excellent way to start off this album.

9/10

2. Momo - Send Me An Angel
I typically don't enjoy these types of female SCP tracks too much, but this had more oomph and power than a lot of the more recent "trancey" songs they've been pumping out. The synth line really makes this track for me.

8/10

3. Ace Warrior - My Dream
This song was kind of a surprise to me. I didn't expect to like this too much from the sample, but after listening to it a couple of times it definitely grew on me. It sounds like classic A-Beat-C material, but in a good way. I'm just happy for something that's not rehashed Dave Rodgers garbage, honestly.

8/10

4.Daniel - Waiting For Your Hero
Being a pretty big fan of Daniel, I was expecting to like this song a bit more than I did. It's good, but for some reason the vocals in the chorus don't quite do it for me. The synth line is also a bit too forgettable for me. Overall it's not a bad song, it just didn't quite live up to the previous Daniel songs to me.

8/10

5. Bon - Toy For Love
Now this song kind of took my by total surprise. I love the classic sound this has to it. It reminds me of something that Sinclaire would have made in the mid 90s or so. It's also very refreshing to hear Fernando Bonini again. He still sounds as amazing as ever. This probably would be a 10, but I feel like the kick drum is a bit too powerful for the song. I would have liked something a bit more classic sounding as far as percussion, but other than that it's a really great song.

9/10

6. Vicky Vale - Do With Me
I don't generally like these generic Clara songs that much. They're not bad, I just can't ever really get into them that much. They're just not really aggressive enough for me usually. Not bad, just not great for me.

7/10

7. The Snake - The Snake Around
This is just SCP power in it's purest form. This is fun and energetic. The only gripe I had with the song is the chorus. It's a bit too simple to really deserve a 10 in my book, but it's still a fun track none the less.

9/10

8. Domino - One-O-Nine
This is basically what I expected. Cheesy, annoying Japanese vocals. Go figure. I just don't enjoy any of her songs. I can't get into her cheesy fake Japanese thing that she has going on. It just annoys me more than anything else. Not terrible, just really not for me at all.

5/10

9. Christian - Take This Way
This is awesome. Eurogrooves seems to be getting better and better. This just has a really great energy to it that De Leo is so good at bringing. Solid.

9/10

10. Lilly - I Am Liar
This is interesting for Hi-NRG Attack, and it's quite enjoyable. This is much better to me than the generic hyper speedy stuff that they're been pumping out lately. I enjoy their slower sound, but this still has something missing. I'm not really entirely sure what it is.

8/10

11. Diabilik - Diabolik (Saifam)
I've always loved this song since it was first released digitally. I love how different everything sounds and I love how...menacing this sounds. Saifam is kind of like Dima for me. Their sound is sometimes a bit rehashed, but it's consistent enough for me to like a good bit.

9/10

12. Stephy - I Belong To You
This is fun, but it's not quite what I'm looking for from Super Eurobeat albums. It's a little too dancey and heavy for my liking, but it's really not bad. It was produced well and is interesting, I just would rather have something a bit more traditional in the place of this.

8/10

13. Girl Next Door - Power Of Love (Morris Capaldi v.s GND remix)
This is okay for being J-Euro, which I really am not a fan of at all. I generally like Capaldi as a producer, and even though he is sometimes a bit repetitive with his sounds, I still like him. The production is good enough in this to make it entertaining to listen to a few times.

7/10

14. Dave Rodgers - Try Me (Rock mix)
I am not reviewing this, since it's not Eurobeat.

Overall this is my favorite album of the 200s. I just thought all the labels were pretty much at their best (except for Go Gos). It was also really nice hearing a couple of vocalists we haven't got a chance to hear in a while.

Overall I would rate this album an 8/10
You better watch yourself!
You better wish you were!
You better keep it cool!

<b>Cause I'm Superbad!!</b>