If you could formatt Super Eurobeat cd.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

what SEB format do you prefer?

14 Extendeds
54%
18 radio edits
39%
Non Stops
7%

Total votes: 28

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 05 May 2010, 06:30

Quick! Someone take the shovel away from Darksky ASAP before he digs himself into a hole he can't climb out of!

PS. I agree with the ParaPara thing. It's just a tool fags utilize to push their homosexual propaganda onto innocent straight potential-Eurobeat fans.

PSS. I took Darksky's comments about the ParaPara gayness thing as it was coming from DIMA Music, not his own personal opinion.

PSSS. This is from Steve, he saw what Darksky posted and wanted to say something but he doesn't have an account:
First off parapara has nothing to do with gay people. If you knew anything about anything, you would know that parapara was started by STRAIGHT men to entertain patrons who attended club events. For someone who's affiliated with Dima Music, you should be grateful to parapara dancers, because without them, eurobeat would not have the worldwide fan base it does today.

You say "Straight people don't want to listen to a genre, that's connected to a silly dance (in their eyes it's silly and gay-looking)." If you want the honest truth, my friends who have no connection to anything japanese, eurobeat, parapara or bemani-fandom what so ever, think eurobeat is silly, gay and horrible music without even seeing what parapara is. So I think before you generalize you should get your facts *straight*, buddy.

While we're on the topic of straight people, as a straight man yourself, why the hell are you working for Dima? Since you know straight people "don't want to listen to a genre, that's connected to a silly dance"?

Oh snap. You've been shut down.
Last edited by Nine on 05 May 2010, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 May 2010, 06:36

Nine
PSS. I took Darksky's comments about the ParaPara gayness thing as it was coming from DIMA Music, not his own personal opinion.
Well I just hope Dima doesn't feel that way about the comment darksky made about Eurobeat being AVEX's music and not the labels'. Ouch :???:

nullsoon
Euro To B

Post by nullsoon » 05 May 2010, 08:35

I don't think that having Sjoerd as the 'thankyou' man is looking too much like a good idea for Dima, amirite

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 May 2010, 08:53

Javy wrote:I'll just say whatever one has been thinking. DarkSky shut the fuck up already and stop dick riding Dima okay? It doesn't make you cooler or make us want to be your friends. Stop hating on parapara it honestly doesn't affect eurobeat that much. Go be a cocksucker somewhere else.
OMG OMG OMG THANKS FOR READING MY MIND!!!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 05 May 2010, 09:37

Nine wrote: PSS. I took Darksky's comments about the ParaPara gayness thing as it was coming from DIMA Music, not his own personal opinion.
To prevent this what's right going on from happening I said SO many times... it is MYYY personal opinion, it is NOT coming from Dima Music!!!!!!!!!

@drnrg, no this isn't the idea Dima has!! It is MY opinion.

And I said many times before... I DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND PEOPLE!

Everybody has its own opinion, and with some I can agree... but I don't mind if you dance parapara.. It's okay.. if you like it no problem then please continue parapara dancing. But I only wanted to say... parapara is just no good to attract foreign fans to the genre. Japanese people ok.. they're all a bit into crazy stuff so parapara.. yeah it fits well to the culture. But ParaPara for foreign people, I don't think there are lots of people in foreign countries that are willing to dance parapara because they like music (Except for BRAZIL!). As I said before... You can dance because you listen to the music, if there's no music there is no way to dance and have fun. Music is the most important thing at the moment... but yes ParaPara is a way to boost the sales, let's hope Avex will start with some new Parapara dvd series again to boost the sales.. but if they ever go international...... ParaPara will probably be a BAD thing to show the western people as first. It would be better to introduce foreign people to the music first, make sure they really like the genre.. and maybe later the parapara.

Let's be a bit polite to each other again now. I was harsh against u, u were harsh against me. so now I take back my words about the gay and straight stuff because it's not good to say such things in public. Forget what I said, I forget what you said and now continue the thread on a way it's supposed to be..

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 05 May 2010, 11:02

Densetsu13 wrote:Also BPM isn't much of a factor. The DJs in the clubs in Japan all pitch up Eurobeat to insane speeds anyways
Many people, including myself, enjoy dancing to slower beats as well. For example, the original versions of Unbalance and Give Me a Shake are a lot of fun 8)

If you knew anything about anything, you would know that parapara was started by STRAIGHT men to entertain patrons who attended club events. For someone who's affiliated with Dima Music, you should be grateful to parapara dancers, because without them, eurobeat would not have the worldwide fan base it does today.
Well spoken. Indeed, on my trip to Tokyo last year, I learnt that there the majority of PP dancers are 30-40 years old straight men in black suits. Also in my country, the distribution seems to be mostly in line with that of the general population. Unlike is the case for most other (non-street) dance styles, I must say.
DarkSky wrote:if there's no music there is no way to dance and have fun.
Even if this goes a bit off-topic, I must point out that especially contemporary dance can perfectly well be performed and enjoyed without music :D
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 05 May 2010, 14:29

UFOPOLI wrote:Indeed, on my trip to Tokyo last year, I learnt that there the majority of PP dancers are 30-40 years old straight men in black suits.
While some events definitely will have men suited up, especially if you go to an event on a weekday, the only event where I saw majority men in their 30s in suits dancing was at Disco 90s at King & Queen.

All the other events though had a good mix up of people, young & old, new & seasoned, boys & girls =)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 May 2010, 17:53

Ok...so here's some of my thoughts on a "fantasy" version of a SEB album:

1. 1 cd of 18 radio edits. I have to admit I like extends, but sometimes there's not anything extra that would be taken away from if they went to radio edits.
2. 1 cd of remixes, old extends. Much like we saw in the 170s and 180s. I loved the bonus tracks (i.e. the remix versions of Yeah! or Running Ninja). You could put your Eurock and J-Euro on there unless you still have them as edits at the end of the first cd like we saw in the 100s and 110s, but I'd perfer them on anouther cd.
3. Having 18 tracks, each of the nine labels could have two tracks a piece. No fighting or overriding each other. Remember in the 150s that A-BEAT C or SCP could get up to five tracks on an album?! That was cool, but crazy.
4. Please try something 2X0 albums. They are stale even though they are for celebrating eurobeat history. I like the countdowns that happened in the 70s decade (I believe 1 album had 35 female tracks on one cd, 35 male on the other...)

sonique
Eurocurious

Post by sonique » 06 May 2010, 14:10

CD

• 11 new songs extended format (5 male, 5 female, 1 collaboration)
• 2 good remixes of earlier Super Eurobeat songs
• 2 Super Euro / Cyber Trance / Hyper Techno remixes of current J-Pop
like Girl Next Door, Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, Move etc.

BOOKLET

• Full Color instead of the b/w design.
• Comments by the artists & producers in english about every song.
• Interview what the model thinks about the songs.
• Partydates about Super Eurobeat Partys around the globe.
• Merchandise / Release info presented by the eurobeat bunnys.

EXTRA

• Every CD should habe a coupon inside to take an online survey about each song, the
cover, suggestions or even a poll which song should be remixed / reissued next.
• Every other time another extra should be included:
• Stickers (Artists, Promotions for other avex releases)
• Posters (Singers, Producers, Eurobeat Logos / Design)
• Bonus Remixes CD (J-Euro / Hyper Techno / Trance)
• Bonus DVD with real Promotional Videos (!) for
special selectet songs (not just only parapara footage)

SPECIAL RELEASES

• Every three month one release of a single artist like Alexis.
• More promotion of Super Eurobeat in commercials, websites, etc.
• They also could make two versions, one with the regular style
& one with deluxe content with different covers (one boy, one girl)!

I would like to have these improovements & would definetly spend more money for them! :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 May 2010, 00:09

sonique
• Interview what the model thinks about the songs
Interesting ideas and I'm glad you really gave it some thought. However I didn't quite understand the interview part. Are talking about the Model on the cover?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 May 2010, 01:47

sonique wrote: • Interview what the model thinks about the songs.

The model pictures are probably done long before the CD even has a songlist.

If Super Eurobeat is only being released in Japan, then why does the booklet need information about eurobeat parties across the globe?

New release info is already given in the booklet??

Also, it wouldn't be a SEB if HT or trance was on there..

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 May 2010, 03:29

Tiger wrote:Also, it wouldn't be a SEB if HT or trance was on there..
But there's rock music on the newer sebs, so does that mean sebs arent sebs?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 May 2010, 05:08

Nine wrote:
Well yeah, that's on there, but I'm sorry. I hate rock and don't even listen to those rock songs on SEB, so I forgot.

I won't go into it too much, but I just don't like how an album called Super Eurobeat can have rock music on it that has nothing to do with the genre. It was never profitable or highly popular on D1 Grand Prix, so I don't know why are they doing it now on SEB...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 May 2010, 05:09

sonique wrote:CD

• 11 new songs extended format (5 male, 5 female, 1 collaboration)
• 2 good remixes of earlier Super Eurobeat songs
• 2 Super Euro / Cyber Trance / Hyper Techno remixes of current J-Pop
like Girl Next Door, Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, Move etc.

BOOKLET

• Full Color instead of the b/w design.
• Comments by the artists & producers in english about every song.
• Interview what the model thinks about the songs.

EXTRA

• Every CD should habe a coupon inside to take an online survey about each song, the
cover, suggestions or even a poll which song should be remixed / reissued next.
• Every other time another extra should be included:
• Stickers (Artists, Promotions for other avex releases)
• Posters (Singers, Producers, Eurobeat Logos / Design)
• Bonus DVD with real Promotional Videos (!) for
special selectet songs (not just only parapara footage)

SPECIAL RELEASES

• Every three month one release of a single artist like Alexis.
• More promotion of Super Eurobeat in commercials, websites, etc.
• They also could make two versions, one with the regular style
& one with deluxe content with different covers (one boy, one girl)!

I would like to have these improovements & would definetly spend more money for them! :)
That is VERY interresting and a unique point of view. I like a lot of your ideas.
Nine wrote:

Nine, you PWN'D Tiger here XD
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Febru
Euro To B

Post by Febru » 07 May 2010, 06:54

Tiger wrote: I won't go into it too much, but I just don't like how an album called Super Eurobeat can have rock music on it that has nothing to do with the genre.
But aren't some of the eurobeat artists members of a rockband? So it's kind of related to Eurobeat right?