Dave Rodgers changing labels

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Dave Rodgers changing labels

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 May 2010, 15:08

Excerpt from http://avexnet.or.jp/eurobeat/diary , dated May 19:

SEB203のクレジットを見てお気づきの方もいらっしゃると思いますが
DaveがA-BEAT Cから独立し新しいレーベルを設立致します。
レーベル名は
「Sun Fire Records」です。
今まさに立ち上げの準備段階ですが新たなプロデューサーも加わるそうです。
詳細がわかりましたらHPのレーベル欄へアップ致します。

(Google Translate):
SEB203 I have noticed some of you look at credit
Dave is A-BEAT C will establish a new independent label.
Name is
"Sun Fire Records" is.
Yes the new producers will join up right now is preparation.
HP will be up to Wakarimashitara detailed description of the label.

...if Sun Fire Records isn't making Eurobeat, I'm on the verge of heart attack.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 19 May 2010, 15:17

Oh nice, I'm feeling a little hyped already. Hopefully Sun Fire will continue the high level that A-Beat-C has.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 19 May 2010, 16:23

Here's another translation, from a friend:
Dave Rodgersの新レーベルに関し

SEB203のクレジットを見てお気づきの方もいらっしゃると思いますが
DaveがA-BEAT Cから独立し新しいレーベルを設立致します。
レーベル名は
「Sun Fire Records」です。
今まさに立ち上げの準備段階ですが新たなプロデューサーも加わるそうです。
詳細がわかりましたらHPのレーベル欄へアップ致します。

Matter concerning new label of Dave Rodgers

Though it is thought that the person who notices because it sees the credit of SEB203 also comes

Dave Rodgers will become independent of A-BEAT C, and establish new label.

The label name

It is "Sun Fire Records".

A new producer seems also to join though it is exactly a preparation stage of the start-up now.

When details are understood, I will improve to the label column of HP.
Oh hell, this does NOT look good. This is worse than Time changing to Eurogrooves.
So who's gonna run A-Beat C now, I wonder... and how will Sun Fire Records sound... all in due time, I guess.
I just don't know what Dave's thinking, not to just make a new label, but to become independant of A-BEAT C - arguably the most legendary eurobeat label of all time. :?
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 19 May 2010, 16:59

This has been a long time coming actually. Dave hasn't really produced eurobeat since 2008 to early 2009. This move is more to establish a rock label than anything else. A lot of these A-Beat C songs are actually from 2008.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 19 May 2010, 17:53

hrm...so could this be the total demise of A-BEAT C in the series? If his new label is strictly rock, there could be no more A-BEAT C...very interesting.

BTW, who is currently writing and producing for A-BEAT C?

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 19 May 2010, 20:23

So Dave is retiring from Eurobeat?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 May 2010, 21:08

If Dave hasn't been producing Eurobeat for the last couple of years, I find it strange that it's taken him so long to make some kind of official announcement. To be honest, A-Beat C is past its best - sure they were one of the founding labels in the modern Eurobeat movement, but that doesn't give them a reason to carry on if the magic is no longer there.

I wish Dave all the best if the does move on to other things away from Eurobeat. Thanks for the memories. Wonder if this will open the door for another label?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 19 May 2010, 22:37

the_ditz wrote:If Dave hasn't been producing Eurobeat for the last couple of years, I find it strange that it's taken him so long to make some kind of official announcement. To be honest, A-Beat C is past its best - sure they were one of the founding labels in the modern Eurobeat movement, but that doesn't give them a reason to carry on if the magic is no longer there.

I wish Dave all the best if the does move on to other things away from Eurobeat. Thanks for the memories. Wonder if this will open the door for another label?
If Blast was really active, I'd vote for them to come on in :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 May 2010, 01:06

Couple of points.

para_rigby
hrm...so could this be the total demise of A-BEAT C in the series? If his new label is strictly rock, there could be no more A-BEAT C...very interesting
I made a comment earlier that half of the labels could be retired and we would still be getting monthly SEBs. All AVEX has to do is release the never before heard stuff like they are currently doing right now. They do it for TIME once in a while. I 'm pretty sure the name ABeatC will be on SEB for while.

WNight
Oh nice, I'm feeling a little hyped already. Hopefully Sun Fire will continue the high level that A-Beat-C ha
That would be great, but even if it was an all Rock music label. Where would he market it? Is Japan really that into Rock? I know the U.S. prefers all there Lady Gaga, Rihanna , Jason Derulo clone sounding songs. And could Dave really give Daughtry and Nickelback a run for there money?

para_rigby
If Blast was really active, I'd vote for them to come on in
Blast huh? hmmm...Most of that labels stuff already sounded like SCP,except Mike Snap and he is at SCP now. Who's left Al Benati and the Sonic Ray guy?

I wouldn't mind TIME getting some of thier unreleased stuff in place of ABEATC's slot, If anything to keep one of the BIG TWO names active on the series. Maybe that's why AVEX is testing out the waters by giving HRG and Saifam two slots a piece. See how the public reacts. I still kinda fear that Saifam isn't producing anything new either?

I guess They could also add some unreleased Vibration. How about that label BeatFire? I think I even heard Melody C. diong vocals there?

ABeatC gone? I doubt it, but It sure would shake up the series, there's no doubt about that.

One final thought...What's the future of Futura. I doubt she has that much unreleased material lying around :?

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 20 May 2010, 01:33

Sonic Ray aka Alessio Milani has already done songs for SCP. In Bubbles, he's the male vocalist.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 20 May 2010, 01:47

drnrg wrote:One final thought...What's the future of Futura. I doubt she has that much unreleased material lying around :?
Don't you remember? Futura's the NEW QUEEN OF EUROBEAT! I'm sure some label is just dying to get their hands on her. ...or not! I don't really care what happens to her personally. I'm sure she'd feel right at home at Live Music Studio with all the other terrible vocalists. But, then again, even the pitched-up female HRG vocalists sound better than her.

I should be more surprised than I actually am with the news that A-Beat C is going bye-bye, but I'm not. Honestly, I'm not going to notice any difference with them gone. The heyday of Dave Rodgers ended in the 180s at the very latest.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 May 2010, 02:10

I don't like this decision at all, to be honest. It really kind of feels as if Mr. Pasquini is trying to throw in the towel in favor of rock due eurobeat's decline in popularity. It's as if he selling out, in a way. While A-Beat C hasn't exactly been amazing as of late, they've still produced a lot of great songs recently and have truly turned around since their slump in 2007. I'm going to hope that this has more to do with tensions with Avex than aynthing else, but either way, I'm very sad to see A-Beat C dropping out of the eurobeat scene because they were such a special part of the SEB series.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 May 2010, 02:55

Jay
Don't you remember? Futura's the NEW QUEEN OF EUROBEAT! I'm sure some label is just dying to get their hands on her. ...or not! I don't really care what happens to her personally. I'm sure she'd feel right at home at Live Music Studio with all the other terrible vocalists. But, then again, even the pitched-up female HRG vocalists sound better than her.
hm....Was that a jab at Futura or HRG?

anyway, good luck to Dave at becomming a Rock star at 50. Usually by that age Rock Stars are mellowing it out. Oh well, I guess he could always open up for Kiss :???: They are HUGE in Japan

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 May 2010, 03:15

drnrg wrote:That would be great, but even if it was an all Rock music label. Where would he market it? Is Japan really that into Rock? I know the U.S. prefers all there Lady Gaga, Rihanna , Jason Derulo clone sounding songs. And could Dave really give Daughtry and Nickelback a run for there money?
You'd be surprised how influential and massive rock is in Japan. If he sets his eyes on Japan or perhaps, Thailand and Korea, I am quite sure he wouldn't have too much trouble. As usual, I can't speak much for other countries.

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 20 May 2010, 11:50

With Dave gone, there ain't a reason to follow eurobeat anymore. Oh well. Thanks Dave for those amazing songs that came out on late 90's and early 2000's
Good luck on your future challenges. Let's hope that we'll see you again.

And yes. Japan has a massive rock scene.
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties