Super Eurobeat 209

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Oct 2010, 00:02

Shawaazu
According to avex, his most aishu song is Let's Turn It Up
the Mr. Groove song? No way! "I Need You" is way more aishu than that :D

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 15 Oct 2010, 02:30

drnrg wrote:Shawaazu
Although I'd say they're both pretty aishu melodically, they're still rather energetic songs in terms of production. I'd say Marin's most aishu tracks are some of the ones that were exclusively released on the sixth Mega NRG Man Special Collection, especially Found Love and Nobody Loves You.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Oct 2010, 03:58

DarkSky wrote:A guy from Japan sent me this.. is it real?

EDIT:

This is not real, it's a OLIVA+DI MARCANTONIO song.
Image is dead.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 15 Oct 2010, 04:23

Megan188 wrote:
drnrg wrote:Shawaazu
Although I'd say they're both pretty aishu melodically, they're still rather energetic songs in terms of production. I'd say Marin's most aishu tracks are some of the ones that were exclusively released on the sixth Mega NRG Man Special Collection, especially Found Love and Nobody Loves You.

Heh yeah, it was just that Let's Turn It Up was the only Marin song on that men's aishu album that came out last year.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Oct 2010, 11:28

Jay wrote:Marin's songs are the most uninspiring and predictable in the entire genre. Personally, I think that's something that needs fixing, but I understand that you and quite a number of other people (perhaps even the majority) are all for listening to the same rehashed material over and over and despise any form of experimentation. Shame, really, since that's what's going to keep eurobeat fresh and exciting.

That's not to say that all eurobeat should be experimental, but I'm just sick and tired of hearing that carbon-copy style of Marin's for 10 years now. It'd be nice if we could just have one song that breaks away from his usual formula but perhaps I'm asking for too much.
I don't despise change but at the same time, I don't think there's an extensive need for it either. As for Marin, there's a reason why Mega NRG Man is named that way and god forbid another People Like Dancing coming into the fray. Leave the others to his other aliases.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Oct 2010, 01:36

WNight wrote:I don't despise change but at the same time, I don't think there's an extensive need for it either. As for Marin, there's a reason why Mega NRG Man is named that way and god forbid another People Like Dancing coming into the fray.
I forgot all about 'People Like Dancing'... I actually enjoyed it simply because it was slightly different to what we're accustomed to hearing from Marin, so I suppose you could add that to his very short list of non-generic songs. Marin's vocals were fine and the song itself was fine... Had a gothic-like mood to it, which I thought was pretty cool. Why all the hate surrounding it? I'm guessing the only reason so many people hated it was because it wasn't yet another rehash of 'Express Love'. God forbid he tried something new!
WNight wrote:Leave the others to his other aliases.
Interesting comment. How is 'Stop City Lover' different to any of Mega NRG Man's songs? No, really, I want to know.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 16 Oct 2010, 03:42

Jay wrote:
Interesting comment. How is 'Stop City Lover' different to any of Mega NRG Man's songs? No, really, I want to know.
It isn't. It was originally given the title "Mega NRG Man" but Avex changed it to a Derreck Simons song. The differences between the two titles isn't much to be honest. It's almost how Dusty and Fastway used to be (SEB 180s and before) where Dusty usually talks about love themes while Fastway was non-love themes (racing, dancing, etc). Derreck Simons tends to have more guitar sounds while talking about racing and city atmospheres while Mega NRG Man tends to have distinct lyrics ("fire", "flame", sex themes) and more about the girl.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 16 Oct 2010, 06:30

Jay wrote:
WNight wrote:I don't despise change but at the same time, I don't think there's an extensive need for it either. As for Marin, there's a reason why Mega NRG Man is named that way and god forbid another People Like Dancing coming into the fray.
I forgot all about 'People Like Dancing'... I actually enjoyed it simply because it was slightly different to what we're accustomed to hearing from Marin, so I suppose you could add that to his very short list of non-generic songs. Marin's vocals were fine and the song itself was fine... Had a gothic-like mood to it, which I thought was pretty cool. Why all the hate surrounding it? I'm guessing the only reason so many people hated it was because it wasn't yet another rehash of 'Express Love'. God forbid he tried something new!
It's really difficult to express what I think about this in words any further so let's just leave it here and get on with SEB 209 discussions.
Last edited by WNight on 16 Oct 2010, 06:50, edited 3 times in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Oct 2010, 06:36

thejti
It isn't. It was originally given the title "Mega NRG Man" but Avex changed it to a Derreck Simons song. The differences between the two titles isn't much to be honest. It's almost how Dusty and Fastway used to be (SEB 180s and before) where Dusty usually talks about love themes while Fastway was non-love themes (racing, dancing, etc). Derreck Simons tends to have more guitar sounds while talking about racing and city atmospheres while Mega NRG Man tends to have distinct lyrics ("fire", "flame", sex themes) and more about the girl.
That's the reason I prefer Mega NRG Man more.
BTW,
Gino Caria's Dereck Simon was the best ever

sonique
Eurocurious

Post by sonique » 23 Oct 2010, 02:38

002 CHANGE MARI-SAN :D
003 BAD DJ MOONRAKER :)
009 RAINY DAYS CY-RO 8)
014 BYE BYE JAPAN ALEXIS
:grin:

My favourites are these! :x

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Oct 2010, 02:41

sonique wrote:002 CHANGE MARI-SAN :D
003 BAD DJ MOONRAKER :)
009 RAINY DAYS CY-RO 8)
014 BYE BYE JAPAN ALEXIS
:grin:

My favourites are these! :x
Interesting to see how taste can differ this much within the community ... your favourites are easily four of my least anticipated songs on the album.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Oct 2010, 11:53

After weeks of replaying those previews, I can still only count on one hand the songs I anticipate from this volume. Those who recognize the Eurobeat style I like, will know which ones. :wink:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Oct 2010, 02:42

drnrg wrote:After weeks of replaying those previews, I can still only count on one hand the songs I anticipate from this volume. Those who recognize the Eurobeat style I like, will know which ones. :wink:
OH! OH! YOU MEAN MARI-SAN'S SONG, DON'T YOU!!! :B

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Oct 2010, 06:39

Mikaeru
OH! OH! YOU MEAN MARI-SAN'S SONG, DON'T YOU!!! :B
Oh yeah, that one is so much better than those pesky Mega NRG man and Cy-Ro previews :P

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Nov 2010, 21:49

One more day to go :)