Super Eurobeat 211

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 21 Jan 2011, 19:02

The melody of Futura's song makes me think a lot of Nuage's songs. Ken Laszlo & Domino's track sound interesting.

I'm not going to rate the album.. I kind of agree with Travis ;)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Jan 2011, 20:01

I need to let these samples ferment a bit more before I pass judgement on them, but for the record I am with Travis too on the overkill in terms of slow tracks. It makes a nice change but it shouldn't become the norm...

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 21 Jan 2011, 21:58

Speed music is a totally unrelated genre to Eurobeat and I have no idea why it is on this CD.
Also, these samples are pretty terrible. I dunno who would like them.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 21 Jan 2011, 22:57

Tiger wrote:Speed music is a totally unrelated genre to Eurobeat and I have no idea why it is on this CD.
QFT..!

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 21 Jan 2011, 23:41

Wheelpower & Go! sounds super awesome! :!: I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up my top favorite from the album.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Jan 2011, 01:42

zoupzuop2 wrote:...y'know what, I didn't mind it on previous albums, and the ones on here aren't BAD by ANY means, they're just... becoming too frequent. So I'll say it this way:

ENOUGH SLOW SONGS.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH.

I know SEB started as Italo, and I welcome the occasional dash of Italo 'sauce' on the monthly Eurobeat 'steak', but... put too much on (like this album) and you'll ruin it!

OMFG!!! THIS!!! THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotblade (have it already), Dejo & Bon, Vicky Vale & Dave Rodgers are interresting. Dima (label) seem to be stuck on Aishu, Hi-NRG Attack is still making Italo-disco, Futura slowed down (not surprising) and Saifam is as bad as ever. The Rock Power version of Jager's song is SIMPLY AMAZING (got it already).

The only labels worth still listening today are SCP, Delta, SinclaireStyle & some Dima.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Jan 2011, 01:43

01 LEGENDARY HEART / HOTBLADE
Awesome song, will not be anywhere near the bottom three for sure.

02 WHEELPOWER & GO! / DEJO & BON
With such a powerhouse combo, this one probably won't disappoint, well at least the samples made it look that way ...

03 SUNDAY MORNING / VICKY VALE
Like legendary heart, already have this song, nothing too impressive but it's not bad.

04 CHERRY LIPS / FRANCIS COOPER
-_- -_-

05 FALLIN' IN LOVE AGAIN (Fashion Version) / JAY LEHR
It won't be the next LLS or Hi Love, I'm very sure of that but still, not too bad sounding.

06 THE HOUSE OF FIRE / DAVE RODGERS
WOW! I mean WOW! Reminds me so much of the earlier Dave Rodgers songs and why they were such an instant hit to me, it might, and I mean MIGHT overshadow L&F as the triumphant track if all goes well. Most anticipated track based on the samples but that probably isn't surprising.

07 I BELIVE IN MIRACLE / LILLY
I don't.

08 JAILHOUSE ROCK (Speed Mix) / SPEEDOGANG
I just have no affinity with all these retro stuff, be it remixed or not, this one sounds like a thru train to failure.

09 MAKE ME WONDER / DESTINEE
Make Me Wonder, Wonderwoman Dream, please let this track be wonderful, thanks. I can't hear much from the sample.

10 DON'T WANNA BE A SURVIVOR / DAVID DIMA
Hmm, not sure if I might like this one judging from the samples but considering that Dima doesn't do bad songs, I guess I need the full version.

11 ALOHA-OE UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN / SARAH
Right. Very interesting song indeed ...

12 GOGO THE NIGHT / GARCON
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

13 LONELY / FUTURA
Yeah! No more of that I'm Superstar atrocity, this is what it should be like!

14 LET'S GET IT DONE TONIGHT / KEN LASZLO feat. DOMINO
If this is Go Go's, then it seems like they have begun to clean up their act. Looking forward.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 22 Jan 2011, 05:43

semi-good tune...just aint not my cup-o-tea...in order to please me, you need to put more into the chorus.

hm...duett works well...hard to say mo' as Avex totally butchered the sample.

feels like very typical Delta-dance...but can grow on me...

04 CHERRY LIPS / FRANCIS COPPER

instant pleaser...reah-ll-yy solid goody...!

05 FALLIN' IN LOVE AGAIN (Fashion Version) / JAYL-BIRD

Avex was dead on with their pick of a fashion mix...it rulz!!!

Sounds like a traditional Dave-R..

I will beat it to deaff!!!...Yesss...you know what I-like...!!
Truest Classic in the making!!

why not put an actual unreleased eurobeat track from a real eurobeat label instead of this misplaced *techno-on-speed* raver... ?

Sounds very promising...Butchered sample destroyed any chance to form a proper opinion..

Sample is butchered in evil way....I can't judge it at all...

Bloody-helll....it actually made me sneeze..!

not bad...but HRG could make it much better...

13 LONELY / FUTURA

sounds like a decent offering....I miss chick tunes of A Beat C style...

14 LET'S GET 'ER DONE TONIGHT / KEN LASZLO feat. DOMINO

Riff is awesome...why can't more songs have such classic brass sounds in their riffs...?...I am tired of ugly trance patches in too many songs.

Note: Samples need to feature chorus...we can't form an opinion just on hearing a riff or an intro, so give us a bloody chorus...!

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 22 Jan 2011, 06:02

the synth from lets get it done tonight sounds like dima to me

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Jan 2011, 11:16

The Month of Feburary means slower more romantically themed songs, so I got no problem, besides I'm glad I can love both the slow and fast style of Eurobeat 100%. It gives me more to savor and Eurobeat really had no other way to progress than to go backward to it's roots. Either than or become too fast and start sounding like Trance. Even pop music is going back to the 80s sounds with bands like Neon Trees and comebacks from Devo so I'm right at home with the new style.

That said, I'm still pissed at the lack of Eurogrooves material. Especially on a Febuaray release ,where st least two tracks should be from Elena Ferretti.
Well, 'nuff of that. Now for A few words and smilys to express my thoughts on these new samples.

A winning act for SCP and a great way to start off the new year. I already have the song and believe it a very well thought out edit, showcasing many new ideas and synth sounds.
:D

I hear a very powerful production comming this way from Sinclaire and I really hope Bonini and Dejo take turns on the verses. How epic would that be?

Sweet . Sounds like it could have its moments, but will it be the new Your Barbi Girl?
:)

04 CHERRY LIPS / FRANCIS COPPER
Just the other day I was listening to Secrets by Albert One and realized , how perfect is HRG at capturing that Italo sound? This sample puts me in a perfect Eurobeat and Italo zone. If Iventi D' Azzorro was still doing its weekly top 20, this would spend multiple weeks at #1. Vadim knows what I mean. This song will be EPIC!
8) :D :grin:

05 FALLIN' IN LOVE AGAIN (Fashion Version) / JAY
I don't know about that itunes version, but this version sounds very SAW-ish. I hear strong production values and Jay sounds in top form.

Dave has set just about everything he can get his hands on fire and for all I care he can set the world on fire if it's gonna sound this good. Instantly destined become one of my favs. Didn't hear a sneak peak of the chorus, but how sweet is that bridge?
:D 8)

Wow! If a mere sample can sound this great, what of the entire package. High hopes for this one and I love that medeival-ish synth. Reminds me of old style Saifam. definate creamer for 80s lovers.
:D :grin:

Speachless...and not in a good way. Saifam, get a hold of yourself! Read: blindly insert any Eurogrooves track here.
:-x

This sample does just that. makes me wonder what th rest will sound like. Too early to tell, but I like the Dima backup vocals in that intro.
:)

This sample has a strong Eurogrooves vibe going on. The riff is Chris Stanton worthy. I think I will definately like.

Not only is this song badly placed after Dima, but just what the heck is going on at Saifam? Is this a way of telling us they are on vacation in hawaii? Read: insert another Eurogrooves track here

Ironically the Live Music Team changed the sound of Eurobeat in the mid 90s and dreamt up the name HRG Attack and now they are taking Eurobeat back to school 200s. Italo Attack anyone? I love the way Roberto sounds a tad different on this sample. I hear A little more agression in the chorus. Equally mega for the label, but please don't completely ditch the fast aggressive style
8) :D

13 LONELY / FUTURA
Lovely and beautiful sample. Right on target for February.

14 LET'S GET 'It DONE TONIGHT / KEN LASZLO feat. DOMINO
this sample is way too vague for me to know weather I will like it or not and I didn't even hear Gianni in there.
:???:

Sounds like Eurobeat will continue its strong reign in 2011. A definate purchase for me.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 22 Jan 2011, 18:34

the_ditz wrote:I need to let these samples ferment a bit more before I pass judgement on them, but for the record I am with Travis too on the overkill in terms of slow tracks. It makes a nice change but it shouldn't become the norm...
QFT. I got addicted to SEB in the first place because I loved the speed and energy that the series had to offer. I really like certain "slow," "italo" songs, but I can't say that I find myself replaying them a whole lot during my spare time. Personally, if I wanted something slower or more relaxed, I'd generally prefer to listen to some eurodance or jazz. Maybe this is just another futile effort to improve sales?

Overall, for me, these samples are quite a mixed bag. I can pick out certain tracks that I really like, but as a whole I can't say that this has the same consistent level as SEB 208 or maybe a slightly older album like 158 and 173.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Jan 2011, 19:44

Regarding that song by Futura, woah man she sounds like Nuage but just a little pitched up. By the way, Dima Music samples are up too (the kind of samples you're used to): http://www.dimamusic.net/database

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 Jan 2011, 14:49

Thanks for posting both of those Darksky. I can safely say that I will probably really enjoy Don't Wanna Be A Survivor, despite it having really familiar sounding vocal hooks. Make Me Wonder sounds a bit too airy for me at the moment - I want to hear Destinee using her amazing vocals in a real power-house track, like Go-Go's give to Mari-San.

sonique
Eurocurious

Post by sonique » 23 Jan 2011, 14:57

001 LEGENDARY HEART HOTBLADE :D BEST VOCALS
002 WHEELPOWER & GO! DEJO & BON :!: BEST SYNTHS
008 JAILHOUSE ROCK (SPEED MIX) SPEEDOGANG
014 LET'S GET IT DONE TONIGHT KEN LASZLO FEAT. DOMINO

I like these songs. :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 Jan 2011, 15:44

Okay, I've looped these samples several times now, and some clear favourites are emerging:

01 LEGENDARY HEART / HOTBLADE (SCP)
- this sounds a lot like the Spanish club-dance style from the early 2000's - I have so many CD's of this style, and I adore it. Really gets my blood pumping, and I know this will be at the top of the pile for this album. Cracking way to start the new decade. :grin:

02 WHEELPOWER & GO! / DEJO & BON (SinclaireStyle)
- Bon saves the day for Sinclaire again! After a few too many super-bland female tracks, he is back on form with this power duet. The synths are straight from the old school, and I'm really glad to hear them backed by such a masculine and powerful guitar line and beat. This will be getting heavy replays too :grin:

03 SUNDAY MORNING / VICKY VALE (Delta)
- Once again, Delta have produced an awe-inspiring synth hook to raise an otherwise regular track to the next level. They did the same thing with Fly by Eliza for me, but I have to say Clara is on stunning form here. The song is fairly twee in places (the verses in particular) but it's a welcome addition to the album for me. :)

04 CHERRY LIPS / FRANCIS COOPER (Hi-NRG Attack)
- All kinds of awesome!! This is what Ace's "Switch!" and "One Touch" would've sounded like had he been a Hi-NRG Attack vocalist. Certain parts of this production sound a bit rough around the edges (the bell sounds in particular) but I cannot resist those amazing vocal progressions :grin:

05 FALLIN' IN LOVE AGAIN / JAY LEHR (SCP)
The vocals sounds a bit washed out in this version - there needs to be more support in the chorus. The production is fairly generic and continues Jay's recent trend of treading the line between Eurobeat and mainstream pop. This could easily have been taken from any mid-80's pop album - to be honest, I might be replacing this version with the iTunes release when I make my iPod playlist... :|

06 THE HOUSE OF FIRE / DAVE RODGERS (Sun Fire)
This sounds like a Rich Hard track, but with the core melody of a classic A-Beat C style anthem. The synth hook reminds me so much of Grand Prix by Mega NRG Man, and the vocal melody is delivered in that classic epic Rodgers way. This could be a grower... :)

07 I BELIEVE IN MIRACLE / LILLY (Hi-NRG Attack)
Wow, this could be the worst slow Hi-NRG Attack song yet (but I hated Magic of Sunshine's sample and loved the full version, so stranger things have happened...) My real worry is that this song will just be mish-mash of ideas that don't fully gel together (the hook - although awesome - sounds completely alien to the chorus prodution for example...) :|

08 JAILHOUSE ROCK / SPEEDOGANG (Saifam)
My DDR background has meant I have grown up with Speed music, and while this is still essentially from the sub-genre, I can hear why it was chosen for the series. Having said that, I really don't think it's a song that I want to hear in this guise. It's just all a bit too odd... :(

09 MAKE ME WONDER / DESTINEE (Dima Music)
A typically epic intro for an otherwise fairly inoffensive Daishuma track (that's a word I'm using for Dima aishu now, since his style always seems a little meatier than other labels' aishu tracks). I still get the feeling that Destinee's vocal power is being wasted on fairly ordinary tracks - give her a Mari-San style anthem and we'd be blown away, I'm sure!! :|

10 DON'T WANNA BE A SURVIVOR / DAVID DIMA (Dima Music)
I couldn't say much about this sample at first, but after hearing the chorus on Dima's site, my excitement is restored. Sure, it's Dima-by-numbers and it's never going to win any originality rewards, but this is just how I like Dima tracks to sound - not like that weird Crazy track... :grin:

11 ALOHA-OE UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN / SARAH (Saifam)
Oh god - someone please tell Farina to go back to music college, as he really needs some inspiration and fast!! This song is just awful since the style and the genre are just a terrible clash to my ears. I know this will be a skipper for sure... :-x

12 GOGO THE NIGHT / GARCON (Hi-NRG Attack)
Like most people, I was expecting another speedy track like On The Top Again, so this was a big shock to the system. I feel the ball has been dropped on the production front with this one, due to things like the bassline that keeps dropping out and leaving big gaps in the production. I don't think this was the best choice at all and it really doesn't help their cause with those sceptical of their "new direction"... :|

13 LONELY / FUTURA (Sun Fire)
Wow, she sounds like an 8 year old!! To be honest, this has way too much bass, and not enough content to back up the vocals and main hook. It just has no impact and ends up sounding like the kind of song that would play in department stores during the festive period (it's the jingly-jangly synths!) Sun Fire really need to work on their production and mastering... :|

14 LET'S GET IT DONE TONIGHT / KEN LASZLO feat. DOMINO (Go-Go's Music)
I don't know how anyone can really draw an accurate impression of this song from this sample. It sounds a bit like a remix taken from a non-stop album (the beat drop sounds at the start of the sample in particular). I'm almost certain that the full version of this one will be great, but from this sample I can't draw any strong feelings either way... :|

15 I WON'T FALL APART (Rock Power Version) / JAGER (SCP)
Miles better than the Original Demo Version, this one packs all of the punch without losing any of the melody. I adore the fact that the beat is still a steady 4/4 on the kick drum, and the offbeat synth also gives this a dance edge. Best Rock bonus on an SEB yet... :grin:

A mixed bag, with only the Saifam tracks completely missing the mark so far. Hotblade, Dejo & Bon, Francis Cooper and David Dima look set to battle it out for my top 3 based on these samples!

Roll on next Tuesday evening - gotta top-up my iTunes account :grin: