worth to buy seb200+?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Makke
Eurocurious

worth to buy seb200+?

Post by Makke » 14 Jan 2011, 22:13

yeah!. simple question:

i stopped collecting any seb after 199..is there any cds worth to get after 200? i mean _really_

maybe Panu answer..similar taste u know..or do we :???:
anyway, u know i'd like speed..

the_ditz
Euroheater

Re: worth to buy seb200+?

Post by the_ditz » 14 Jan 2011, 22:35

Makke wrote:yeah!. simple question:

i stopped collecting any seb after 199..is there any cds worth to get after 200? i mean _really_

maybe Panu answer..similar taste u know..or do we :???:
anyway, u know i'd like speed..
Why not listen to the samples from all of the albums yourself? Just look in each albums thread in the forums and you'll find links like this:

http://cnt01.labelgate.com/morawin/top/ ... 201-01.asx

The AVCD-10201 relates to the album's catalogue number - so having that part ending in 201 will give you samples for SEB 201. The last two digits before the .asx refer to the track number - so if you wanted to listen to a sample from track 6 from SEB 205, the link would be:

http://cnt01.labelgate.com/morawin/top/ ... 205-06.asx

Simple! That way, you'll know yourself if any of the albums have tracks that are your style or not. As a general comment though, a lot of the Eurobeat scene in the 200's was about slowing things down a little and experimenting with more mainstream influences in the music.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Jan 2011, 07:25

I think the magoraty are worth purchase, since they do contain some real milestone gems. It's up to you if you are a die hard collector or if you like some expirimentation and or fresh styles from the lebels.

As ditz said, some of the labels are trying out slowing down the bpms, some even sounding very 90s Italo. Others; like SCP and Dima, expiriment on Urban Radio soundworlds too. Basically all the labels are trying out new sounds to keep it fresh. I belive the new style has something everyone can enjoy.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Jan 2011, 08:29

MMmmm it's a bit complex in a way. The albums in general are decent, but there aren't a whole lot of really awesome albums. I would assume that you would like a few assorted songs on each album as they aren't all that bad.

Yet I do still have to also state that 200+ hasn't really felt the same as the series did before.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Jan 2011, 23:27

Bore

Yet I do still have to also state that 200+ hasn't really felt the same as the series did before

This is 100% true. It's not exactly a bad thing. I would say SEB has a more mature sound. What I do hear is that some of the faster songs have lost a bit of edge. I don't mind the slow songs, since I love old Italo school, but it felt like the songs that were meant to be faster, were purposely slowed down a bit and that makes them sound a bit odd, especially long TIME favs like Go2.

Also if you are a big fan of Eurogrooves material, you will be pretty dissapointed, since thier only appearances after 203 were the remix and healing versions

On the bright side, the 200s debuted many new artists like Jager, Mr. Moog, Destinee, Hotblade and Bon. A few of those you might recognize from the golden Eurobeat era.

Finally I suggest you read Bore's review sections and hear the previews, which should still be up.
8)