Super Eurobeat 214

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 May 2011, 19:00

DarkSky wrote:I'm not going to tell other labels how to make or improve their tracks, that's something you could do by easily sending an email to SinclaireStyle. I haven't heard the track on the CD, and as you may know I'm not going to rate the tracks.. I'm just saying that I noticed some distortion in the ParaPara video as well. ;) If you've heard the CD version, and you still think it's too distorted hit them an email ;)

By the way, what the hell is going on. Lebon is in the posession of unreleased extendeds of Ayu-Ro's album? the Lolita track has been leaked (Vadim)? Passport to Dance has been leaked? (Lebon14)
I will send them an email about that :)

The extended version of Ayu-ro 4 is on iTunes (and US on top of that!) and someone shared it on the net. For SEB 204, I have my source and even IDW got it Monday. Also, according to my source, SEB 204 was released on Monday because of the Golden Week in Japan.

Get over it, you are on the internetz.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 May 2011, 21:17

Okay, here are the rest of my initial thoughts (before the Copyright War breaks out - I think Darksky was more surprised at everyone having the release a whole day early, but with it being Golden Week, that may explain...)

Anyways...

Baby Go is bubblegum euro-dance-beat. The synths and percussion are clearly Eurobeat, but everything else is pure bubblegum Eurodance. The male vocals aren't really to my taste, and if I'm honest I would much rather have heard Aleky/Krystal singing the female lead - she's been way too quiet recently! The intro is almost reggae in its stylings, and there are some nice touches, but I find myself switching off halfway through. Not too sure that bubblegum is the way forward for Dima...

Blackout shows us the opposite end of the Dima spectrum - GUITARRRRRRSSSS!! Dima is on lead vocal, but it's not his most dynamic performance for me. I'm undecided on how to feel about this one - I expected it to feel more masculine and aggressive, but it ends up sounding more inspired by hill-billy country-rock. The melody always sounds a bit like it never quite reaches the climax that it should - every "Blackout" that passes makes me long for Dima to just scream it loud and proud. Kudos for changing things up, but these two tracks have followed some absolute hits so they have a lot to live up to...

Pretty Girl Rock - where on Earth do I start. I kind of don't mind the intro that gradually builds and builds with more and more drums and more and more synths. But the vocal melody and lyrics are just so insipid and bland - it just me off completely. Also, there doesn't seem to be any sort of attempt to structure this in a more manageable way - the vocal section that starts at 1:33 goes right through to 3:53 without a single stop - that's just ridiculous. Things just seem way too drawn out, and ultimately, this is not the sound I want on a Super Eurobeat compilation. I definite pass for me...

Together brings the speedier side of Hi-NRG Attack back to life, which is great to hear. My joy at hearing that guitar growl one beat before the synth hook was immense - I just adore the beefier sounds that Hi-NRG Attack are using nowadays. The meaty bass is present here again, and the vocals don't seem quite as pitched as in the past. What also strikes me about this song is the much mature chorus, both lyrically and melodically - the way the various synth lines mirror the vocals and also provide the trademark flourishes is a real treat. Hi-NRG Attack has succeeded in hopefully satisfying both camps with this track - by using the synths and production techniques from their recent slower tracks and then by increasing the BPM and energy, they have a big winner here! :grin:

Just A Dream sounds ridiculously speedy, but it is the fastest track that I can remember ever being on an SEB. To be honest, I don't mind the original of this song, and for me there are more elements here of more classic Saifam sounds in the synths and percussion. I still think it's ridiculous having rap verses in a Eurobeat song - but of course, this isn't really a Eurobeat song. To be honest, the backing track sounds like a mid-90's Eurodance track that has been sped-up loads and then had a generic vocal laid over the top. More bearable than Pretty Girl Rock, but still a poor showing from the once great Saifam.

You Are In Love seems far more epic than previous slow Hi-NRG Attack songs. The bell synths, the percussion, the galloping bass - everything seems to have been turned up to the max. The vocal melody is quite sentimental through the verses and short bridge section, but the chorus is where things truly shine. A classic 80's melody backed up with piano accents and an irresistible rising synth breakdown between each repetition. I love how this shows a different side of the Hi-NRG Attack female styles to Together - less anthemic, but no less impactful. Great stuff!

Take My Life has a really awesome intro section with the suspenseful piano line creating the tension before the beat and distorted synths take over. Dave has really turned the volume up to the max on the synths and bass - maybe he borrowed Sinclaire's studio to master this one. Rich Hard sounds more like Dave Rodgers than ever in this track - only with a massive dose of auto-tune! To be honest, this gives the track an unique sound and I don't mind it too much. The chorus has a great sense of urgency and anguish in its delivery - reflected perfectly in the lyrics. This will no doubt become one of my favourite SunFire tracks - the writing talent is definitely still there, if only they could sort out their production techniques!

No More Love has the honour of closing the show (in terms of the new tracks anyway), and Cherry does another very solid job. The verse is very structured with a nice flourish halfway through ("just can't let you go"), but the bridge is a bit shaky. Vocally, things don't seem quite as together as they do in Skyline for me. The chorus is also a bit generic for my liking, but it may yet grow on me. Delta are definitely one of the most consistent labels, but I wish they would try a few more different things sometimes. Too much time listening to Delta extended tracks could send you in to a trance... ;)

Ding A Ling (Healing Version) is one of the more ridiculous remixes I've heard. If ever a track needs a bit of bounce and energy to it, it's a track like this. A while Dall'ora does a fine job in creating a nice ambient atmosphere with the piano and mellow beats, it just all sounds a bit silly when the lyrics "Ding.....a-ling" come into it. Worth a listen, but again it won't be played much by me - there are way too many other awesome tracks on this album!

I hope people give this album a chance - it has received a fairly luke-warm reception so far, and besides the ropey songs in the middle section, it deserves far more praise. I will be looping this a lot over the next month and look out for a more complete review in the weeks to come (along with my SEB 212 review which I failed to finish :x :P )

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 04 May 2011, 09:35

I actually really like April's song, it's such a guilty pleasure.

Elena Gobbi needs to go back to the Virginelle alias, her presentation on this album is just horrible imo, even worse than GL&M, which was already quite the cringe worthy song in the first place. No ... Just no.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 May 2011, 15:04

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but this cd is a bit below average for me. It's just allover the place. The fact that it features one of Saifam's worst showings in years, didn't help much. Plus it's saturated with female trax and not much male power.

initial thoughts are that I absolutley adore these 3 songs.

Michelle Rose- You Are In Love
Eurodudes- Passport To Dance
Ciao Ciao- Together
Already had Jager and Scream Team; which are great. That's 5 songs I'm comming back to on a regular basis

Dima's Rock style is growing on me a bit too and that Lollita trax has a mighty fine intro,but all of the sudden I wanna break out singing Superkellyfragelisticespikaledocious, or whatever that song says and that is not a good thing so, I find myself skipping it. The rest are struggleing for some serious repeat action on my player. Not even DELTA is a strong as I would have expected. and it seems The Magic I Feel is sung by a robot? What, no real vocalists avaliable that week?

I won't review it untill a few more hundred plays, other wise I'm gonna be really harsh on it.

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 04 May 2011, 17:00

ok, maybe some are going to be like "ur weird if u like some of Saifams work..." I'll admit, i love Just a Dream by MC Boy...but I liked

Passport to Dance / Eurodudes (So hyper and intense, I couldn't make out some of the lyrics....but it still got me running like a nut job and its definitely one of best works from sinclaire i heard in a while)

You Are In Love / Michelle Rose (ONG I fell in love with this woman after hearing this....gave me a beautiful feeling in my heart after listening to this..its on my repeat....like 4eva....)

Just A Dream / MC Boy (its definitely something i would dance to and just think about love and other stuff...lol)

Boom Boom Scream / Domino & Scream Team (its fun to listen to and just those two work well together....)

Skyline / Leslie Parrish (Omg...i thought Moroni left Delta, but i wonder if this is a "gem" or something they had earlier...idk...but it's good to hear Parrish/Moroni again. I do admit I was connecting this to the horrible movie "SKYLINE" lol)

Because of You / Jager (He's definitely one of my favs....ok...um people I have a question...anyone ever see him and Pamsy doing a duet together...or just being counterparts from each other....very trancey and flowy, they're something I would love to hear even if its something new...hmmm :I just a question I'm asking...anyone?)

RHYTHMYSTICALICIOUS / Lolita (ONG...I loved this one so much...)

So my male stars for me would be MC Boy, Eurodudes, and Jager
and my QUEENS are Lolita, Leslie Parrish, and Michelle Rose!

Am I a bad person now..? Sorry... X3 But I just like/love those ones...definitely a SEB worth getting...so i bought it! X3

COOLNEKO OUT! X3
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 May 2011, 07:33

coolneko
Am I a bad person now..? Sorry... X3 But I just like/love those ones...definitely a SEB worth getting...so i bought it! X3
Why would you be a bad person. You like what you like and admit it.

BTW, I'm starting to get into the groove of Baby Go. Kinda has the Andrea feat Sergio vive of Babrbi Girl and A bit of that DJ's Gang Toyland, but I still can't get passed that annoying little "Ok"

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 May 2011, 13:25

drnrg wrote:coolneko
Why would you be a bad person. You like what you like and admit it.

BTW, I'm starting to get into the groove of Baby Go. Kinda has the Andrea feat Sergio vive of Babrbi Girl and A bit of that DJ's Gang Toyland, but I still can't get passed that annoying little "Ok"
Also reminds me a bit of Kimmy's "My Oh My" :D

Next to Lolita's song, Baby Go has been my most played song from 214. It's so damn catchy.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 May 2011, 16:22

The booklet of 214 doesn't have the rap for "Just A Dream" and a message appear at the bottom for this absence. Haha. Well... that's too bad I think :(

Also. For the healing remix, Eurogroove doesn't get their logo on the lyrics page... only Avex's :(

My mini review will come later.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 05 May 2011, 16:35

well that sucks. Really avex, even though we clearly see this is a alien from 3B, u could have just put them in! its a song...like Lolita said..."music is a gift for all of us!" We should be able to sing it....oh well...there's still the Nelly lyrics to read off of. X3

But yeah....anyone ever thought about the Jager feat. Pamsy song "There Was Once a You & I"

OMG! SCP, use that title for another song! IDEA RIGHT THERE...lol. (Not making fun of them, but that was weird...that popped right into my head!) X3
Coolneko aka Miko

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 May 2011, 19:14

coolneko wrote:But yeah....anyone ever thought about the Jager feat. Pamsy song "There Was Once a You & I"
You know I already dreamt of that duo not too long ago! Except that the song would have been a cover of "Rain" by E-Type.

1st link : full song on Youtube
2nd link : song's official video (contains lots of women)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 05 May 2011, 20:41

Lebon14 wrote:
coolneko wrote:But yeah....anyone ever thought about the Jager feat. Pamsy song "There Was Once a You & I"
You know I already dreamt of that duo not too long ago! Except that the song would have been a cover of "Rain" by E-Type.

1st link : full song on Youtube
2nd link : song's official video (contains lots of women)
Ok, awesome song. I could SO hear Jager & Pamsy singing this. X3 (ITS EXCITING!!) Or something similar to this, I want to hear originality in a song if they were to create a duet. I know, let's facebook them and ask....its a silly task but let's try! X3 Ok...but aside that (do that when we are bored...actually...im bored...i'll ask...then it'll be on SEB Vol. 217 (because we know SEB Vol. 216 will be a nonstop) so....onward!

The music video....ummm. I love Gaga (I love Lady Gaga....4 months ago) but she has made some music videos that made me question humanity...and this one doesn't change my thoughts at all. Whats with the car wash and no rain? Aww...when i was listening to "Rain", I so had a COMPLETELY different thought on how the mv would be like....I was soooo way off. But now, let us hear Jager and Pamsy do a duet! Make our minds go WOW! then we'll love duets since Domino and Scream Team brought them back on....and I'm not sure about the others...(>_>)hmmm...

But yeah..lets facebook them! Jager! oh yeah...u have a youtube account as well! X3 onward to EPICNESS!!! X3

COOLNEKO OUT! X3

Ps...Lebon14....ur avatar just stares at me....lol...its actually intimidating...lol...compared to my little ZOMG kitty avatar. lol
Coolneko aka Miko

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 05 May 2011, 21:12

ok, i did it! So if u look at the crazy message that is left on the SCP official fan page on fb....then that was me....it was a little crazy long but I'm sure they'll answer....heck they answered everyone else's question. :I
Coolneko aka Miko

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 May 2011, 22:28

coolneko wrote:ok, i did it! So if u look at the crazy message that is left on the SCP official fan page on fb....then that was me....it was a little crazy long but I'm sure they'll answer....heck they answered everyone else's question. :I
I have been emailing them previously to ask why there have been no new Pamsy tracks since Sunshine Baby, and they said they hoped to maybe work with her again in the future but I don't think it was their top priority. I would love a new "2love, 4love", but I'm starting to lose hope that we'll ever see Pamsy back on the scene as active as she was in the 160's and 180's... :(

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 06 May 2011, 01:17

@the_ditz: It's a little expensive to bring over an artist for a track or two not matter who it is. She lives not too close to Ritmo & Blu studios so the cost of boarding too wouldn't be cheap. I would love to see them work something out with Skype kinda like Dima did with Mega NRG Man, but at this point in time, I believe it's more that either Avex isn't requesting Pamsy songs, Pamsy is too busy, or a lack of interest from both parties. I'd go with more Avex (or more accurately 7A) not requesting stuff which is why David Ropa, Melissa White, and Damon aren't working with SCP right now.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 06 May 2011, 02:36

And we haven't heard a good Kiki & Company song in a long time either! If that's an Avex thing, it makes me sad :(