Super Eurobeat 217

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Aug 2011, 07:59

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Corrections to Tiger's lyrics wrote:Since it's probably not going to be in the booklet:
"What were you thinking telling me to change my game? That the style wasn't going anywhere, that it was kaput? Don't you see that I'm done with this place, this whole thing? Don't you see that I've changed the game? No, I am the game! Before I knew where this was going, I would've listened to you. Right now I distance myself from whatever you have to say. I made this something way bigger than you are ever going to be. I made it this far and I'm taking it to the top." Where did this come from Travis?? What is this about??
Good question! This section of "The Top" was an experiment, to see if this kind of spoken word bit would fit into a song like this. I've had several people in my life, friend OR foe, suggest that I forget about Eurobeat (or music as a whole). This part is addressed to those who discouraged me for mockery's sake as opposed to for the sake of my well-being. Everyone's got a few haters, so this is addressed to them~ :wink:
I cannot stop listening to this song - I am ever so slightly obsessed!! I love the emotion in the lyrics, and I can most definitely identify with them. I reckon the lyrics in the spoken part translates pretty well to the Eurobeat genre as a whole, but it's even more relevant to Travis' personal journey. I feel that with this track, we have witnessed the true birth of new massive star in the Eurobeat world. :grin:

This album - without a shadow of a doubt - is the best of the 210's. 211 comes close, but it falls just short of the melodic brilliance and variety that this album possesses. I'm in heaven!! :P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 03 Aug 2011, 10:24

IMHO, the album's climax definitely belonged to Up & Dance, Up & Go. I really underestimated the song's potential and now I can't bring myself to stop listening lol. This is without a doubt, SCP's best song of the 210s, or even the whole 200s if I have to. Could be a potential competitor for song of the year as well might I add.

Other than that, my opinion towards the whole album at the moment is no different from what I posted about the samples. The Top, Disconnected, Sun Fire and of course, Up & Dance, Up & Go are still the only tracks I really want to listen to more. Besides, the album is as expected, one sided as hell, because imho, most of the female tracks presented, except Marika's, are so unmemorable that I find them quite a chore to listen to. Apologies girls!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Aug 2011, 15:31

Well, I'm gonna jump on the Ken Blast/Lou Master/Marika bandwagon - those are my top 3, in no particular order. Based on the samples, I thought I'd enjoy the Hotblade song more, but after one replay those 'disconnecteds' were getting on my nerves VERY fast.

Everything else was pretty bland though. Dave & Futura and *shock* Norma Sheffield might grow on me.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Aug 2011, 20:17

I've made a couple of animated GIFs in honour of two of the tracks from 217 :)

The first is poking a bit of fun at the emphasis Hotblade places in EV-RY SY-LLA-BLE OF THE SONG TI-TLE, while the over honours one of the biggest misheard lyrics issues I've had in ages (I still smile when I hear the chorus of Flying Over The Sky...)

Random, but hope they make you smile. I'll definitely be writing a review for this awesome album when I have the time :grin:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 03 Aug 2011, 20:30

the_ditz wrote:I've made a couple of animated GIFs in honour of two of the tracks from 217 :)

The first is poking a bit of fun at the emphasis Hotblade places in EV-RY SY-LLA-BLE OF THE SONG TI-TLE, while the over honours one of the biggest misheard lyrics issues I've had in ages (I still smile when I hear the chorus of Flying Over The Sky...)

Random, but hope they make you smile. I'll definitely be writing a review for this awesome album when I have the time :grin:
Awesome shit bro :P

By the way, I think that ''Lou Master'' the same vocalist is as the vocalist of the ''Al Benati'' alias of Blast! Who thinks the same? :)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Aug 2011, 22:24

DarkSky wrote: By the way, I think that ''Lou Master'' the same vocalist is as the vocalist of the ''Al Benati'' alias of Blast! Who thinks the same? :)
It's a possibility! Not ruling it out. :O

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 04 Aug 2011, 00:42

i just placed my order with cd Japan YAY

so want to hear the full ken blast song...should be on itunes...hint hint

also ended up buying Dancemnaia Sparkle, gotsta love my dancemania stuff

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Aug 2011, 07:17

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the cd. Hopefully I'll recieve mine by Saturday, so I too can join the party. Nothing So far, but seeing that it is Aug,6th; I have high expectations that my sister will arrive with my SEB 217. 8)

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 04 Aug 2011, 20:18

I want my album too! can't wait for it in the mail! Work is boring now that I listen to the entire sake of 214 and 215, now lets get some 217!

Hearing whats coming from everyone, i'm excited! X3
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 04 Aug 2011, 22:14

coolneko wrote:I want my album too! can't wait for it in the mail! Work is boring now that I listen to the entire sake of 214 and 215, now lets get some 217!

i know what you mean, the more i read about how epic ken blast is and i am even excited about norma, and we all know i dont like her much...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 Aug 2011, 22:24

Gorgia_v wrote:
coolneko wrote:I want my album too! can't wait for it in the mail! Work is boring now that I listen to the entire sake of 214 and 215, now lets get some 217!

i know what you mean, the more i read about how epic ken blast is and i am even excited about norma, and we all know i dont like her much...
The Norma track is definitely listenable - she seems to have toned down that awful overpowering nasal vocal quality, but Sun Fire's productions still sound fairly lack lustre and amateur to me. They need to find the spark that ran through the A-Beat C productions of the mid 2000's (around the time of No Control, I Was Born For Burning and El Dorado) - back then, they were pretty much at the top of the tree in terms of production quality.

After one day, this album is still sounding great. Marika's track doesn't quite have the same spell-binding beauty of "Stay With Me", but it's still pretty nice. Roberta's offering is the best of female tracks for me right now - strange since I never used to care for any of the SinclaireStyle female tracks... he's really found his groove where the melodies are concerned in my eyes.

My top 3 right now would probably still be Ken Blast, Hotblade and Lou Master (in that order), but Jungle Bill and his big tomato are knocking on the door... I also really like the Italo Groove Version of Lonely Night. The original never really made the top of my playlists, but I enjoyed hearing the remixes on this album and it's made me realise that it is a bit of a classic-sounding track. :)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 05 Aug 2011, 06:32

The Dave & Futura song sounds so much like a HRG song... including the pitched sounding vocals of Futura... It's really unremarkable...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Aug 2011, 07:59

thejti wrote:The Dave & Futura song sounds so much like a HRG song... including the pitched sounding vocals of Futura... It's really unremarkable...
Really? To me, it just sounds like "Dance In My Town part II" - the chorus uses virtually the same chord progression.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 05 Aug 2011, 08:30

just got confirmation my cds are sent...yay which means they should arrive on wednesday or thursday!! woot

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Aug 2011, 09:46

got me a low quality 128 kbp version of the Lou Master song just to see what the hype is all about. I agree that it is a great song, but I still say enough of these Preview/Trailers of a song that SCP seems obsessed with. Seems they have an epic song on thier hands and don't know how to give it a proper version. Not even a third verse just "goGoGoGo" The song was screaming to be put through the Audacity program grinder..and that's just what I did. Nothing fancy just an old school like extended very often heard on vinyl in those days.

BTW, Darksky, I think you are right? Lou Master sounds like the original vocalist who sang under the Silver alias; which Claudio Magnanai soon took over. Listen to "What's Your Intention" and the pronounciation of his words. He even is on the credits on the vinyl.I love his new aggressive style even more and hope to hear alot more of him on SCP 8)

2 days untill Saturday and counting 8)