Super Eurobeat 218

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Aug 2011, 21:04

drnrg wrote:Lebon14
The release is on August 7, you know.
Don't you mean September?..and no, I didn't take any of that into concideration.
Oh yeah, typo. LOL
Then, October for SEB 219.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 Aug 2011, 17:20

Crazy On Emotion / Ace confirmed for SEB218 as it was the starfire euro lesson. No surprise there.
Last edited by Tiger on 28 Aug 2011, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 28 Aug 2011, 21:56

Tiger wrote:Crazy On Emotion / Ace confirmed for SEB218 was it was the starfire euro lesson. No surprise there.
Yuck.

I'm surprised there's no tracklist yet with barely over a week to go. Most of tracklists in the 210s have come out quite early in the month (217 was an exception).

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 29 Aug 2011, 01:01

Tiger wrote:Crazy On Emotion / Ace confirmed for SEB218 as it was the starfire euro lesson. No surprise there.
Nice, I don't know how this song would fare against the two monsters on 217 but the melody sounds wicked. Looking forward to it a lot.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Aug 2011, 09:23

We will probobly get the tracklist and previews on the same day. A track list appearing midmonth usualy causes a lot of excitement. This new method cuts down the anticipation factor significantly among the Eurobeat community. Not a very good promotional stragety. :evil:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Aug 2011, 10:08

Samples are up (and therefore we also know the full tracklist!! :))

As always, use this link - http://cnt01.labelgate.com/morawin/top/ ... 218-01.asx - and change the final two numbers to reflect the track number (02.asx, 03.asx etc.) ;)

01 ACE / CRAZY ON EMOTION (SEB Version) (SCP)
02 VIRGINELLE / BYE BYE GIRL (Extended Version) (Go-Go's Music)
03 OCEANIA / DANCE DANCE LET IT GO (Extended) (Sun Fire?? Not sure)
04 EMMANUELLE / DON'T FORGET TO LOVE ME (Extended Version) (Delta)
05 CIAO CIAO / DON'T CRY TONIGHT (Extended) (Hi-NRG Attack)
06 MISTIKA / RAIN (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
07 NANDO / IN MY SUPERCAR (Extended Mix) (SinclaireStyle)
08 RICH HARD / ON YOUR WINGS (Extended) (Sun Fire)
09 CY-RO / NO MONEY NO HONEY (Extended) (Hi-NRG Attack)
10 DREAM FIGHTERS / THE END OF THE WORLD (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
11 FASTWAY / MINISTRY OF POWER (SEB Version) (SCP)
12 LINDA ROSS / LOVE IS DANGER (British Healing RMX Extended) (Eurogrooves/Time remix) - why track 12???
13 ALIX / HELLO KITTY (Extended) (SCP)
14 ANNIE LOVE / MY MELODY (Extended Version) (Go-Go's Music??)
15 ALEKY / LITTLE TWIN STARS (Extended Version) (Dima Music)

I'm thinking that the Linda Ross track should probably be as track 15...

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 29 Aug 2011, 11:09

So I suppose they just decided to place the entire Sanrio & Friends album on this SEB, were there no other songs to be picked? Anyways, my top samples,

01 CRAZY ON EMOTION / ACE
03 DANCE DANCE LET IT GO / OCEANIA - Sounds like pitched Futura on vocals to me, and the soundworld sounds Sun Fire-ish enough. Unless some other label decides to throw a surprise 360 that is.
06 RAIN / MISTIKA - A new epic female track that is shaping up to be better than M.U.S.I.C already.
09 NO MONEY NO HONEY / CY-RO
13 HELLO KITTY / ALEKY - Seems like a lot of people are going nuts over this song. Got to hear what the hype is all about for myself. And it seems like we're actually getting an extended version of it?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Aug 2011, 11:31

WNight wrote:03 DANCE DANCE LET IT GO / OCEANIA - Sounds like pitched Futura on vocals to me, and the soundworld sounds Sun Fire-ish enough. Unless some other label decides to throw a surprise 360 that is.
Yeah, the more I listen to it, I hear Futura too. Might be the first solo song from her that I will actually like...
WNight wrote:13 HELLO KITTY / ALEKY - Seems like a lot of people are going nuts over this song. Got to hear what the hype is all about for myself. And it seems like we're actually getting an extended version of it?
The artist is Alix, not Aleky (she's with Dima). And the "extended version" isn't your typical extended. The version on the Sanrio & Friends album was just over 3 minutes, whereas this extended version (I'm assuming) is simply the Eurobeat Version that appeared on the SCP Music Eurobeat Summer Fest release on iTunes (which was 03:47).

Anyway, my top samples are:

ACE / CRAZY ON EMOTION - I've purposely not listened to this track a lot since I bought it from iTunes, as I knew it would turn up on this release. It's sooo tough though, as the melody is awesome!! And that hook.... :!:
OCEANIA / DANCE DANCE LET IT GO - a catchy little hook in the chorus, and Sun Fire seemed to have found a bit of spark in their synths finally!
MISTIKA / RAIN - very epic, loving the guitar elements and the overall production. I reckon we have another new vocalist here as well...
NANDO / IN MY SUPERCAR - very cute melody - has that classic approach that only Sinclaire seems to be able to master nowadays. The hook has that ugly synth sound tho... :???:

The Rich Hard, Dream Fighters & Cy-Ro tracks also sound pretty cool. Everything else fails to ignite any excitement in me, so I'll need to wait and see when I hear the full versions. I'm pretty sure I'll hate Hello Kitty though... :???:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Aug 2011, 11:37

Tiger wrote:
the_ditz wrote: 13 ALIX / HELLO KITTY (Extended) (SCP)
14 ANNIE LOVE / MY MELODY (Extended Version) (Go-Go's Music??)
15 ALEKY / LITTLE TWIN STARS (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
these songs aren't even new -_-
Come on, did you really expect them not to appear on here? I'm just as disappointed considering we have a massive gap with no new material until next year, but since the Sanrio & Friends album was a bit of a special release, I was pretty sure that the tracks would show up on 218 as well.

You can also argue that the Ace & Fastway tracks aren't new considering they can be bought on international iTunes on the SCP Summer release. It's very rare nowadays to ever have an SEB with all brand new, unheard material (not including the bonus remixes of course).

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Aug 2011, 11:39

And my previsions were right! Crazy On Emotions, Ministry Of Power and Hello Kitty made it LOL.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 29 Aug 2011, 12:31

Bye Bye Girl sounds quite exotic... a bit chaotic based on the sample, but still... more Elena so I'm sold whatever the result may be.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Aug 2011, 13:05

1. Crazy on Emotion / Ace - What can I say? This song just screams classic in every way possible to me. I haven't a clue what Jay is smoking.
:!:

2. Bye Bye Girl / Virginelle - Elena Gobbi sounds as spirited as ever here. The chorus has a mish-mash of several weird chords, but somehow I think it works well. The synth sounds really good. Overall, a great track so far!
:D

3. Dance Dance Let It Go / Oceania - Wow, super-pitched vocals like this aren't very common in Dave's crew. The track itself sounds pretty good, but not the best. I do like the synth, but the chorus is just adequate.
:)

4. Don't Forget To Love Me / Emmanuelle - Musically, this has late 90's Delta written all over it, but in this case, I really wish there were more producers left at Delta than just Capaldi, since his style just doesn't lend itself that well to this style. Not bad, but it could've been great if it had different instruments.

5. Don't Cry Tonight / Ciao Ciao - I think this slower style has become fairly common ground for Hi-NRG Attack, at least on Super Eurobeat. This is definitely a step up from Touch Me, and it may even be close to the level of The Magic of Sunshine, but I need a little more time to tell.

6. Rain / Mistika - This is very much in the same vain as Stephy Martin's masterpiece, Fever of Love. It doesn't sound quite as good, but it still seems promising nonetheless.
:) / :D

7. In My Supercar / Nando - Oooh, this sounds pretty tight. Sounds like Nando's version of Pilot is the Hero. The chorus sounds like it could be a little annoying actually, but it's really catchy all the same.

8. On Your Wings / Rich Hard - Rich Hard has been coming out with all of my favorite Sunfire tracks these days, so I naturally had high expectations for this. The chromatic synth sounds a little weird, but the same kind of elements worked well in Tell Me Why, so I'm still looking forward.

9. No Money No Honey / Cy-Ro - Very, very cliche, but pretty effective. It's just too bad we've all heard this kind of style so many times in the past, or else this would probably have much higher replay value for me.

10. The End of the World / Dream Fighters - This is more of the type of Dima that I've come to really like. This is certainly not at the stunning heights of such classics as King of the World or Mind Game, but it's still a definite hit.

11. Ministry of Power / Fastway - This, to me, is very mid-2000's Fastway, in the sense that it sounds like it could've been recorded around 2005, even though it probably wasn't. Overall, it's definitely another song worthy of Ennio's catalogue, even though Crazy on Emotion completely outshadows it here.

12. Love is Danger (Eurogrooves/Time remix) - Junk. I want a real song from TIME/Eurogrooves. Next...
:(

13. Hello Kitty / Alix - This is a cute lil' song, but it really isn't worth all the hype it's getting. Kiki & Kika/Fancy have had much better outings than Alix does here.

14 My Melody / Annie Love - This could turn out to be really great. I'm a little undecided about the chorus, but the synth is pretty darn good.

15 Little Twin Stars / Aleky - This is kind of different. It's actually pretty enticing, and way more like the Aleky that I fell in love with after Eternity.
:D

So far, this is actually a really solid batch of samples. I'm looking forward to the full album.
ImageImage

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 29 Aug 2011, 18:49

well as we continue to wait, I kinda like this one next to SEB 217, and liking "ministry of power" and "hello kitty" listening to the SCP Summer Pack from itunes...and I love the Hello Kitty one. Its cute! But yeah, let the SEB continue!

I'm fluffy pink! I'm fluffy white! OH HELLO KITTY! OH HELLO KITTY!!

I'm loving it!
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 29 Aug 2011, 21:12

Here is the promotional video for the last three tracks of the album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBonRNI6 ... r_embedded

What I found amusing is that it took me a while to get used to the melody of Little Twin Stars. I didn't like it at first but it started to get better over time. I think SEB 218 is a very strong album with many good female artists. This could feed people their eurobeat hunger for some time.. :p

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 29 Aug 2011, 23:27

#Infinity wrote:1. Crazy on Emotion / Ace - What can I say? This song just screams classic in every way possible to me. I haven't a clue what Jay is smoking.
:!:
Well, I just want to say that I don't find the Ace song to be as horrible as you're making it out to be, but I stay true to my word that it's one of the most forgettable songs of his in a very long time. I like how the Ace song is at least moving away from all the testosterone that SCP are throwing at us, but the praise stops there for me really.

But anyway, the Ace song isn't the real abomination on the album... It's the 'Hello Kitty' song, and I'm shocked that it made it onto this release. It's one of the worst bubbly eurobeat songs I've ever heard, and it really has nothing to do with style - it's the vocals that irk me the most. I just don't think Alix is made for these types of songs. Christine would have done a far better job, and I can almost imagine her singing it instead.