Eurobeat Forever - New Compilation

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 08 Feb 2012, 03:36

Hey everyone, Lexy (RedKunoichiLexy) did a parapara for one of the tracks on the album so I thought I'd share it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aled-ESg ... e=youtu.be

#Infinity
Euroheater

Re: Eurobeat Forever - New Compilation

Post by #Infinity » 06 Dec 2017, 07:25

I was just listening to this compilation earlier today...wow, I forgot what an absolute breath of fresh air it was back when it came out 6 years ago. In retrospect, I really wish Avex had invested in the featured writers and producers here because I strongly believe this should have represented the direction of eurobeat for the 2010s decade, as opposed to all the older labels being stuck in 2008 and with no inspiration to give people a reason to continue listening to Super Eurobeat. I don't mean to bash anybody, because every label that's still active has contributed so much over the past several years, but it seems like the veterans have mostly been very burnt out in recent years, whereas there was an evident creativity and ambition throughout this record that displayed years worth of potential. Some tracks may have certain flaws, but pretty much everything breaks boundaries for eurobeat and progresses it beyond the late 2000s. I think eurobeat would have been in a drastically different place had Avex or some other company promoted the producers here and thus given them the incentive to continue working.

Like Jorge noted at the time, "Wonderland" by Idris is easily the best eurobeat song of 2011, even compared to anything the major labels released, but I've found that everything else, even if I wasn't super keen on it the first time, has grown on me to the point that they're all delightful blasts of nostalgia, and they take me right back to my first winter break in college.
ImageImage