Today's Tune

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 01 Apr 2013, 04:51

Japanese Girl / Mega NRG Man

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Apr 2013, 05:33

4/1/13:

People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
ImageImage

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 01 Apr 2013, 07:45

Scream Team - Horror Fantasy

My favourite Scream Team track by far. Everything sound great, especially the synth riff and the fills between the lines in the chorus. I also like how they pull off the horror theme without going into silly territory

You can never be safe from this horror fantasy!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 01 Apr 2013, 10:44

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Apr 2013, 01:28

#Infinity wrote:4/1/13:

April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time. Here's my REAL song of the day:

Fire to the Eurobeat / Tam Arrow
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Apr 2013, 04:26

#Infinity wrote:
#Infinity wrote:4/1/13:People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time.
I like that song. :? I wasn't so sure about it at first either but it ended up growing on me. Why do you hate it so much?

SOTD: TELEPHONE! TELEPHONE! / DENISE

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Apr 2013, 04:42

#Infinity
I was really compelled to coment on this, since it's known to be your worst ever. but we are all subject to change our minds.
April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time. Here's my REAL song of the day:

Fire to the Eurobeat / Tam Arrow
that put me a little more at ease.

Anyway I choose a song that really didn't get much recognition when it came out. Not even the Kaioh fans, but I really concider this one to be his best yet.

Freddy R(Rodgers). R U Ready. (ABeatC)

It's a shame we never got that Dave & Freddy Rodgers duet. That would have been cool. That whole cd was damn cool.

By the way those of you with good memories will recall how I posted that fake top 10 on April Fool's day with that "Stinky Tricky and Bang song as my #1. :D :D :D

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 02 Apr 2013, 05:23

Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Strange story involving this song...

Several weeks ago, I had a weird dream where I found a ParaParaParadise arcade cabinet, but all the songs were different, and there were a bunch I had never heard of before.

The only title from the dream that I could remember upon waking was Master Blaster - Marko Polo, but I knew that Marko Polo never had a song by that name, so I figured it was just my dreaming brain making up random stuff.

You can imagine my surprise when I bought the Nando & Co album from Delta's tradebit page recently and saw Master Blaster in the tracklist.

Weirdest coincidence?

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 02 Apr 2013, 06:29

Mindsweeper wrote:Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Several weeks ago, I had a weird dream where I found a ParaParaParadise arcade cabinet, but all the songs were different, and there were a bunch I had never heard of before.

The only title from the dream that I could remember upon waking was Master Blaster - Marko Polo, but I knew that Marko Polo never had a song by that name, so I figured it was just my dreaming brain making up random stuff.

You can imagine my surprise when I bought the Nando & Co album from Delta's tradebit page recently and saw Master Blaster in the tracklist.

Weirdest coincidence?
Funny how dreams work.

I'll also pick a song related to a dream I had, which is Newfield, Moroni & Sinclaire - Don't Let My Love Disappear. The intro blew me away while the song itself was just all right. Ended up dreaming about that vocal melody and some beach somewhere. In hindsight I wish Clara was in it too :grin:

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 02 Apr 2013, 12:32

Mindsweeper wrote:Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Weirdest coincidence?
Freaky, but also interesting as heck.

My song of the day
No Religion / Ace Warrior

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Apr 2013, 16:07

Jay wrote:I like that song. :? I wasn't so sure about it at first either but it ended up growing on me. Why do you hate it so much?
Wishy-washy, overbearing production and tired vocal delivery. The melodic structure sounds like it's aiming for a party joint, but the execution is so terribly off that the result is almost scary. It's downright tiresome to have to sit through.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Apr 2013, 21:00

#Infinity wrote:Wishy-washy, overbearing production and tired vocal delivery. The melodic structure sounds like it's aiming for a party joint, but the execution is so terribly off that the result is almost scary. It's downright tiresome to have to sit through.
I agree on your point about the tired vocal work but the production values are not bad. The song has a dark, peculiar undercurrent, which I quite like after giving it a chance.

How you can consider this song to be worse than 'True Colour' or 'I'm Superstar' - both released around the same time - is beyond me. Those songs are strong contenders for my worst eurobeat song of all time.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Apr 2013, 02:26

Jay wrote:I agree on your point about the tired vocal work but the production values are not bad. The song has a dark, peculiar undercurrent, which I quite like after giving it a chance.

How you can consider this song to be worse than 'True Colour' or 'I'm Superstar' - both released around the same time - is beyond me. Those songs are strong contenders for my worst eurobeat song of all time.
This "dark, peculiar undercurrent" that you speak of nukes the song for me. It attempts to rock a joint but fails utterly because the watery production reduces it to nada. The track has no edge and no spirit at all. True Colour and I'm Superstar are both dull, but at least they're intended as light, mild pieces and aren't submerged by dreary, reverb-heavy instrumentation. Those two songs are forgettable and amateurish, respectively, but they aren't severely labored or overproduced.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Apr 2013, 03:49

Well, I'd argue that 'I'm Superstar' is overproduced. The whole song sounds like it was thrown into a blender and viciously pulverised. There's so much going on in that song from start to finish, it's mindboggling.

But I respect your opinion. Hope you respect mine. ;)

SOTD: SHAKE YOUR BELL / DAVE & DOMINO

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Apr 2013, 06:15

I choose a Mega NRG Man track from about that period in question. I like this track, but with such an epic title; I can't help wishing it had turned out much better. Mega NRG Man started out with some vocals very much sounding like Pete Burns from Dead Or Alive. He used that style in Sex All Over The Phone and I Can Be Your Dee Jay. He should have emphasized more on that vocal style when he sung UNDSMLAR.

Mega NRG Man- Up & Down Spin Me LIke A Record (ABeatC)