Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Post by Tiger » 18 Nov 2011, 20:24

A thread of this type exists on another forum I frequent that is unrelated to Eurobeat or parapara so I thought I would bring the idea over here because on this forum there isn't a way for people to ask random questions about Eurobeat except making a topic with said question in it. I believe this topic will help newcomers to Eurobeat as well.

Some good references in questions about eurobeat are:
www.eurobeat-prime.com (database)
http://www.cheeseman.pl/eurobeat/catalogue_v3.1.xls (Eurobeat Catalog with vocalists, song lengths, producers, writers, featured CD, and catalog number included)
http://www.cheeseman.pl/eurobeat/japanese_v1.1.xls (J-Euro catalog that includes the same things, but is currently lacking in new data)
http://www.2choume.com/cgi-bin/para/cddb.cgi - (CD Database) Thankfully Yuuto reorganized the page so it is easier to look at things. This database has a lot more J-Euro and some obscure CDs that EBP doesn't have. Some of the titles and song names are in Japanese.
http://www.dancegroove.net/database/ - (CD Database) This website is another resource to find songs.
http://www.discogs.com/ - (CD and Vinyl Database) This website has a lot of Eurobeat and Vinyl submissions, but as they are user submitted, everything is not on there. However, due to the high standards that leaders place on the database entries, the entries are almost always highly detailed.

For parapara-related questions, please ask in this thread: http://www.para-center.net/showthread.php?tid=45

日本語の質問を問掛けられます。

Request for sticky please.

To start off, why exactly did Gianni Coraini leave Eurobeat? I don't know if anyone knows the answer though. It was around 1998 or so though that he left right? (Not counting Let's Get It Done Tonight and Go Go Champion) I remember seeing that he did vocalists for songs like Night Fly Guy / Francis Cooper in 1998, but didn't see any in 1999 or I missed something.
Last edited by Tiger on 19 Nov 2011, 02:05, edited 4 times in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Nov 2011, 20:49

This is a pretty good idea for a thread. But imo, I think it would have been better back in 2006
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 18 Nov 2011, 20:52

Lebon14 wrote:This is a pretty good idea for a thread. But imo, I think it would have been better back in 2006
i can't do anything about the past.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Nov 2011, 22:49

Tiger wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:This is a pretty good idea for a thread. But imo, I think it would have been better back in 2006
I know. I just went "why didn't we think about that in the past". Oh well.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 19 Nov 2011, 01:03

Lebon14 wrote:
Tiger wrote:
I know. I just went "why didn't we think about that in the past". Oh well.
I apologize for the misinterpretation. :( Tone on the Internet is very difficult to decipher :X

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 19 Nov 2011, 11:13

Agreed, good idea, stickified!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 30 Nov 2011, 02:59

Is Tam Tam Do It / Yves really a Eurobeat song? I've never heard it, but it's supposedly an A-Beat C song on Ultra Dance 005. Is it any good???

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Nov 2011, 05:52

Tiger
To start off, why exactly did Gianni Coraini leave Eurobeat? I don't know if anyone knows the answer though. It was around 1998 or so though that he left right? (Not counting Let's Get It Done Tonight and Go Go Champion) I remember seeing that he did vocalists for songs like Night Fly Guy / Francis Cooper in 1998, but didn't see any in 1999 or I missed something
1998. Really? I had no idea.

What about Max Ducatti- A Million Dollars and Captain America- Space Fighter those are from 2000s. At least they appear on SEB in those years.

Anyway, Aside from TIME label and ABeatC, I would concider Gianni, only as a guest appearance on other labels., besides his peak was really throughout the 80s on Italo Disco.

Anybody know his age? He, Gino Caria and Mauro Farina started out around the same TIME. Elena Ferretti was also singing in early 80s

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 30 Nov 2011, 07:00

Coraini was also active at Saifam during the Roby Gabrielli era of the late 90's - his last song there was Night Fly by Mister Fly, which was made in the beginning of 1999. After that, he went to work with David Dima for a few years before taking a hiatus. His last Dima-produced song was Back To The Future by Rocky Custer, which I'd guess was recorded around 2004. (More or less, I consider Energy Revolution, as well as 2000's Vibration Dima, since Davide DiMarcantonio was the primary producer for both labels)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 01 Dec 2011, 02:25

drnrg wrote:Tiger
To start off, why exactly did Gianni Coraini leave Eurobeat? I don't know if anyone knows the answer though. It was around 1998 or so though that he left right? (Not counting Let's Get It Done Tonight and Go Go Champion) I remember seeing that he did vocalists for songs like Night Fly Guy / Francis Cooper in 1998, but didn't see any in 1999 or I missed something
1998. Really? I had no idea.

What about Max Ducatti- A Million Dollars and Captain America- Space Fighter those are from 2000s. At least they appear on SEB in those years.
ahh I forgot about those songs. Yeah he was the vocalist for Rocky Custer / Back To The Future as well and Valentino Samurai. But still, I dunno why he does Eurobeat off and on. Oh well.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2012, 09:02

SEB 134, 135, 136, 138 and 139 only had 15 radio tracks. Why? I always wondered...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 11 May 2012, 18:41

Does anyone know if Tell Me / Kate & Karen and Japan Japan / Max Hi-NRG & High Frequency have different versions on vinyl than on Eurobeat Flash/SEB?

Also, why is it that some songs from King Records releases like HI-BPM EUROBEAT have no artist names? Did they just not want to give them any artist names?

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 12 May 2012, 12:32

Tiger wrote:Does anyone know if Tell Me / Kate & Karen and Japan Japan / Max Hi-NRG & High Frequency have different versions on vinyl than on Eurobeat Flash/SEB?
Yes, they have. The Tell Me EBF-version melody is not entirely new, because it is used in the dub version in a lower tone (and nicer synth). In the dub version, it sounded nice, but in the extended I prefer the original vinyl extended melody. Maybe Avex thought that it sounded too much like Marie Belle - Boom Boom Boom, even though that one was released later. Or Time reused the melody because Tell Me was different on EBF already.

I don't really the like Japan Japan SEB version. It might fit the Japan theme, but I think the original vinyl extended is the only really good version, because of the true eurobeat style.

This is especially true for Morena - Music Takes My Breath Away if you ask me. The vinyl synth is incredible. I've only known that version for many years since it was released. When I first heard the SEB version, I was in shock. Why did they replace such a good synth by such a bad one?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 May 2012, 03:31

Lebon14 wrote:SEB 134, 135, 136, 138 and 139 only had 15 radio tracks. Why? I always wondered...
Quoting myself. Anybody got an answer for this question?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 May 2012, 03:54

Lebon14 wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:SEB 134, 135, 136, 138 and 139 only had 15 radio tracks. Why? I always wondered...
Quoting myself. Anybody got an answer for this question?
Didn't those albums have videos that could be played on the PC? I was thinking I saw a parapara video that could have been attached to an album...