Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Re: Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 11 Sep 2020, 04:01

Do you maybe have a picture of what you mean? A lot of things can happen, and just in text it's hard to understand what you mean exactly.

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 11 Sep 2020, 09:55

flying_corridor wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 22:33 I have a question about creases in booklets. I've seen this in used copies that I have, but only just noticed it on the new copies I have in my collection. Is this a storage issue or manufacturing? I can't imagine the weight of the booklet being enough to cause it to warp out of shape and crease so I assume manufacturing, but I just wanted to ask in case it's a storage issue.
Most often this is due to storage issue. Excessive dampness may deform the paper. This is a common problem for warehouses.

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 11 Sep 2020, 11:23

Mear wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 09:55
flying_corridor wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 22:33 I have a question about creases in booklets. I've seen this in used copies that I have, but only just noticed it on the new copies I have in my collection. Is this a storage issue or manufacturing? I can't imagine the weight of the booklet being enough to cause it to warp out of shape and crease so I assume manufacturing, but I just wanted to ask in case it's a storage issue.
Most often this is due to storage issue. Excessive dampness may deform the paper. This is a common problem for warehouses.
Hmm. So is this also something that could be occurring at home? I don't live in a humid climate, but it's hard to avoid both the heat and cold. I recently moved by cabinet in the hall and only noticed the creases today, so I'm not sure exactly where and when this might have happened, whether it was before the purchase in storage or after purchase at home.

However looking at all my CDs the creases are all in the same places, pretty much identical markings. Is there any recommended storing solutions to prevent this? Luckily I only have a small collection but obviously would like to avoid this if it's happening at home.

I do have more CDs coming so I can take a close look when they arrive.

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 11 Sep 2020, 17:04

flying_corridor wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 11:23
Mear wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 09:55
Hmm. So is this also something that could be occurring at home? I don't live in a humid climate, but it's hard to avoid both the heat and cold. I recently moved by cabinet in the hall and only noticed the creases today, so I'm not sure exactly where and when this might have happened, whether it was before the purchase in storage or after purchase at home.

However looking at all my CDs the creases are all in the same places, pretty much identical markings. Is there any recommended storing solutions to prevent this? Luckily I only have a small collection but obviously would like to avoid this if it's happening at home.

I do have more CDs coming so I can take a close look when they arrive.
It's not about the climate. In poorly ventilated rooms, dampness may appear in any case. For private houses and apartments in a European climate, this is of little relevance. You have nothing to fear.
But warehouses (regardless of location) are often not ventilated or heated. I once received an unopened seb 112 covered in mildew. And later I found that the booklet was wavy (somewhere in a week). It's just carelessness.

Perhaps you didn't immediately notice the creases either.
Can you show exactly where the booklets are deformed?

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 11 Sep 2020, 19:26

Inbetween the two staples on the front cover where the booklet is binded. The markings are almost identical on every one, some just worse than others, most notably on older CDs. I can see a slight flex in the booklets but nothing too severe that it would be obvious to actually crease it. It's always in this kind of shape.

\\__// or \__/

My first instinct is that it was manufacturing where after the book is stapled it is then folded and pressed and the creases are machine marks, before being they are placed into the case. Given that it's on pretty much all of them this was my assumption, but if it is due to warehouse storage, particularly from buying CDs that are 10+ years old it could also be the case.

This is the most severe one, although I think the foil makes it more pronounced. But even if there was some flex to the paper it just doesn't look like the booklet has enough weight to it to bend and cause these kinds of marks, unless they were being stored flat instead of on their side. The binding surely should be the heaviest but also the strongest point.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200911-202433_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200911-202433_Gallery.jpg (594.45 KiB) Viewed 12087 times

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 11 Sep 2020, 20:25

flying_corridor wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 19:26 Inbetween the two staples on the front cover where the booklet is binded. The markings are almost identical on every one, some just worse than others, most notably on older CDs. I can see a slight flex in the booklets but nothing too severe that it would be obvious to actually crease it. It's always in this kind of shape.

\\__// or \__/

My first instinct is that it was manufacturing where after the book is stapled it is then folded and pressed and the creases are machine marks, before being they are placed into the case. Given that it's on pretty much all of them this was my assumption, but if it is due to warehouse storage, particularly from buying CDs that are 10+ years old it could also be the case.

This is the most severe one, although I think the foil makes it more pronounced. But even if there was some flex to the paper it just doesn't look like the booklet has enough weight to it to bend and cause these kinds of marks, unless they were being stored flat instead of on their side. The binding surely should be the heaviest but also the strongest point.
If the disc is new or not unpacked, it is a manufacturing defect. Either when pressing or the one who put additional inserts in the finished booklet opened it too heavy. I have such dents on many cd's. If not new, it means either a defect or the previous owner incautious opened it.

In general, different pressure when opening. As a result, the middle looks like a hill or pit with dents on the sides.
Attachments
20200911225012.jpg
20200911225012.jpg (163.45 KiB) Viewed 12082 times
20200911225013.jpg
20200911225013.jpg (161.69 KiB) Viewed 12082 times

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 12 Sep 2020, 00:20

Hmm. Thanks for the detailed response. I'm typically very careful when opening them, this is actually something I did ponder the other night, whether I did this my self, but I'm so gentle with them I don't think I've ever applied so much pressure on them for it to happen. It didn't really look like there was a spot for the booklet to pinch or bend but at least now I know it can happen, and makes sense why it's so common.

Good to know it's part of the packing process and not something else to be concerned about, I'll just take note to be more cautious and actually look for it when opening new CDs. Although I have noticed these marks are mostly covered by the OBI when inserted back into their seal so it doesn't totally ruin the aesthetic.

😊

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 12 Sep 2020, 09:20

Anyway, don't worry about it, unless the seller has promised excellent condition :grin:

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 29 Sep 2020, 18:39

Is there a repository of album cover art that can be used for tagging in meta data? I've been grabbing mine either from iTunes or spotify however the album art seems to be changing particularly the font which looks rather ugly. Just wondering if album art has been uploaded anywhere that doesn't look bad.

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 01 Oct 2020, 02:11

They've changed the digital art on a lot of covers which I don't really like, it's hard finding the old art. The first one is the new art and the second is the old art, personal preference but the new art looks pretty bad to me.
Attachments
600x600bf-1.png
600x600bf-1.png (635.18 KiB) Viewed 11965 times
R-2584642-1413089974-4675.jpeg.jpg
R-2584642-1413089974-4675.jpeg.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 11965 times

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 02 Oct 2020, 09:47

A lot of these covers, especially with the weird color effects on the text, had shiny ink on them. It doesn't really show well on a screen, so they probably tried to mimic that with what they did on your top example. Next to that, Avex always had a 'digital' version and 'analog' version of the covers. And I have to agree, usually the analog (bottom) versions look way cooler.

They even did it with the upcoming SEB2020:

versus

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 08 Nov 2020, 05:03

was there ever a proper extended track of B4U / Naoki?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 08 Nov 2020, 22:44

Nope. It was made especially for DDR and has no extended 5 minute version you'd hope it has.

Ark-Z/Rana
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Ark-Z/Rana » 09 Dec 2020, 17:00

What is the legality of covering a SEB song? I have covers planned out, but I'm not sure if I should release them even to youtube in fear of them getting struck down by Avex themselves.
"The least you can do is improve."

Ark-Z Eurobeat - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgfGYs ... subscriber

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 12 Dec 2020, 00:37

Is there a place where I can find all the analog covers for the SEB series? Sometimes on google I find analog and other times digital, it's really random on which cover you find. I'd prefer analog covers for my digital backups as the digital ones still look kinda ugly, I would have thought someone would have saved them somewhere? I used to have high quality analog images but for whatever reason all I can find are low quality pixelated ones now.