Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Post by Lebon14 » 31 Mar 2021, 03:27

flying_corridor wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 00:37 Is there a place where I can find all the analog covers for the SEB series? Sometimes on google I find analog and other times digital, it's really random on which cover you find. I'd prefer analog covers for my digital backups as the digital ones still look kinda ugly, I would have thought someone would have saved them somewhere? I used to have high quality analog images but for whatever reason all I can find are low quality pixelated ones now.
I know I scanned most (if not all?) what is on discogs past SEB 170. You can use the browser extension/add-on "Image Max URL" to get the original size and not the 600px resized version. Be wary that the shiny text does not look good at all because it acts like a mirror being scanned. That is especially true for SEB 197-199 since the covers were foil.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Apr 2021, 17:04

This question has probably been asked before, but I was wondering why Eurobeat quality cannot be similar to the 1999-2003 era (especially 2001). Is it the instruments, or lack of interest from the producers in creating quality Eurobeat? Most, if not all, recent eurobeat is still not as good as stuff produced in 2001 for example. It is given that Eurobeat was more popular in 2001 too than it is today for sure.

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 16 Apr 2021, 14:28

Tiger wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:04 This question has probably been asked before, but I was wondering why Eurobeat quality cannot be similar to the 1999-2003 era (especially 2001). Is it the instruments, or lack of interest from the producers in creating quality Eurobeat? Most, if not all, recent eurobeat is still not as good as stuff produced in 2001 for example. It is given that Eurobeat was more popular in 2001 too than it is today for sure.
There are many factors involved. Rare experiments with sound and preference to use the same templates (especially relevant since early 2000s), as a result of which composers get tired of doing the same thing over time, often failed attempt to change the sound or make it modern, illiterate decisions of Avex at different times. In some cases, equipment that is poorly adapted for Eurobeat (especially in the last 10 years). At least that's how I see it.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 16 Apr 2021, 20:58

Tiger wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:04 This question has probably been asked before, but I was wondering why Eurobeat quality cannot be similar to the 1999-2003 era (especially 2001). Is it the instruments, or lack of interest from the producers in creating quality Eurobeat? Most, if not all, recent eurobeat is still not as good as stuff produced in 2001 for example. It is given that Eurobeat was more popular in 2001 too than it is today for sure.
Ah, such is with all genres, there's always something from the past we wish would resound in current productions. A lot of it has to do with "What the new generation wants/likes over the past fans." Artists have also just got their "Freedom" back, so some labels like GReurosound are playing with old fashionable sounds & frameworks. I'm really loving the return of 5:00 - 7:00 runtimes in tracks. It could also be "We done it already, let's keep moving" mentality.

But I am like you, I wouldn't mind for those 2000 - 2003 sounds to return.

Go3
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Go3 » 26 Jul 2021, 14:39

Hello everyone :) Could you recommend me some artists with similar sound to Go2? I've already checked out Ace and Fastway separately.

Also, does anybody know if the Super Eurobeat series has been discontinued? I can see that the latest release is Vol. 250 from 2018.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 27 Jul 2021, 10:50

Go3 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:39 Hello everyone :) Could you recommend me some artists with similar sound to Go2? I've already checked out Ace and Fastway separately.

Also, does anybody know if the Super Eurobeat series has been discontinued? I can see that the latest release is Vol. 250 from 2018.
Other male vocalists from the SCP-Music studios are probably to your liking; Hotblade, The Snake, Jager. :)

As for Super Eurobeat, yes the main series ended with 250. Right now it's a yearly 'Best of' release, with new songs on it. You've got this format since 2018.

Go3
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Go3 » 27 Jul 2021, 12:32

Thanks for the reply. Ah yes, I remember Hotblade and The Snake from the Eurobeat Kudos collection. Indeed I have some of those tracks in the car. I should revisit them. I'm also glad they haven't fully discontinued SEB - a 'Best of' is better than nothing.

By the way, where do you guys usually find new eurobeat (youtube playlist, spotify etc.)? Sometimes I feel like I've listened to everything on those popular playlists and the algorithm just keeps recommending the same stuff.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 28 Jul 2021, 00:25

Go3 wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 12:32 Thanks for the reply. Ah yes, I remember Hotblade and The Snake from the Eurobeat Kudos collection. Indeed I have some of those tracks in the car. I should revisit them. I'm also glad they haven't fully discontinued SEB - a 'Best of' is better than nothing.

By the way, where do you guys usually find new eurobeat (youtube playlist, spotify etc.)? Sometimes I feel like I've listened to everything on those popular playlists and the algorithm just keeps recommending the same stuff.
Dave Rodger's new label: https://www.junodownload.com/labels/Dave+Rodgers+Music/

GReurosound: https://www.junodownload.com/labels/GReurosound/

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 05 Mar 2022, 02:27

Did anyone figure out why MIRACLE TONITE / LOLITA is on both Super Eurobeat 91 and 94? Did they just forget it was on 91, or is there some major difference? It seems the song differs by 2 seconds?