Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 May 2012, 09:08

here is a question? Why did AVEX deemed it necessary to rape the extendeds of many Eurobeat hits? Here are a few incredible vinyl extendeds that SEB literally turned into crap. I know cause I have the vinyls.

Mega NRG Man- Dog Eat Dog (ABeatC)
De Niro- Out Of Control(TIME)
Maio & Co.- Bye Bye Baby(TIME)
Mike Skanner- Money For Nothing (ABeatC)

There are more, but these really piss me off, cuz I would've liked to have them in MP3 format as well.

Here's another mind boggler. Those of you who collected the original HRG Attack vinyls of "Push Me Boom Boom", "Try" and "Movin' UP" know that Eurobeat flash completey tweeked the synth riffs of those song into total epic fail. :cry:

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 21 May 2012, 13:35

para_rigby wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:SEB 134, 135, 136, 138 and 139 only had 15 radio tracks. Why? I always wondered...
Quoting myself. Anybody got an answer for this question?
Didn't those albums have videos that could be played on the PC? I was thinking I saw a parapara video that could have been attached to an album...
Yes, these albums are CD enhanced and have extra stuff on the disc that sacrificed 3 songs, sometimes it was a video like a Parapara lesson or I think one was of Dave and Nuage or it has something for your computer (which I don't think work anymore because it was for only Windows 98 ) like screensavers.
Tiger wrote:Is Tam Tam Do It / Yves really a Eurobeat song? I've never heard it, but it's supposedly an A-Beat C song on Ultra Dance 005. Is it any good???
It has a Eurobeat structure to it, and it has Domino vocals I don't think they classified it as Eurobeat since it is on UD5, but it sounds like it was. I have UD5 and I found it really funny that they tried to act like Yves was this blonde girl in her 20s when it was clearly Domino.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 29 May 2012, 08:20

drnrg wrote:Mega NRG Man- Dog Eat Dog
This is such an amazing song :!: I've only heard one version of it, though, and I don't know which one it is.

"Your life is like a sandwich" <3
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 29 May 2012, 13:06

UFOPOLI wrote:
drnrg wrote:Mega NRG Man- Dog Eat Dog
This is such an amazing song :!: I've only heard one version of it, though, and I don't know which one it is.

"Your life is like a sandwich" <3
Indeed it's an amazing song! The difference is easy: the AVEX version is about 4 minutes, the vinyl version is about 8 minutes long and doesn't bore any second.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 06 Jun 2012, 04:23

Any info on this Paul Harris track? I don't know if I've missed this on Eurobeat Masters or not, but I haven't seen it anywhere else:

Before I Go/ Paul Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWy0ivL2TU&feature=plcp

Sounds like a Newfield track to me...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Jun 2012, 12:44

para_rigby wrote:Any info on this Paul Harris track? I don't know if I've missed this on Eurobeat Masters or not, but I haven't seen it anywhere else:

Before I Go/ Paul Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWy0ivL2TU&feature=plcp

Sounds like a Newfield track to me...
That track was the final track on Eurobeat Masters Vol.19 ;)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Aug 2012, 23:54

So I have a very interesting track that I recently found on CD of mine way back from March 2008. It is a non-eurobeat version of Fantasista. I found the mp3 on bemaniso back in the day. I unfortunately have no idea what album it came from, but I would like some more information on it for those wiz kids out there.

Here is a link to the mp3 (via minus.com):
http://minus.com/lYj7B2SKDgVMa

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 02 Aug 2012, 14:02

para_rigby wrote:So I have a very interesting track that I recently found on CD of mine way back from March 2008. It is a non-eurobeat version of Fantasista. I found the mp3 on bemaniso back in the day. I unfortunately have no idea what album it came from, but I would like some more information on it for those wiz kids out there.

Here is a link to the mp3 (via minus.com):
http://minus.com/lYj7B2SKDgVMa
http://avexnet.jp/id/utran/discography/ ... 17995.html

Track 9

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 04 Oct 2012, 07:09

Has there ever been a eurobeat song written in swing time?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 04 Oct 2012, 07:52

Mindsweeper wrote:Has there ever been a eurobeat song written in swing time?
What's that?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 04 Oct 2012, 14:09

DarkSky wrote:
Mindsweeper wrote:Has there ever been a eurobeat song written in swing time?
What's that?
Not sure if you're kidding or not (no disrespect intended either way). If not, swing time is essentially where the beat has a "swing" to it— that is, an emphasis not on divisions of 4 (1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc), but almost like it's divided into thirds on a very small level. A good example would be most 12 bar blues, or even this classic by Frank Sinatra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77LRjLGwOkc

The beat doesn't really nicely break down into counts of "4", sort of a less formal portion of "ONE-two-three-ONE-two-three-ONE-two-three-ONE-two-three" and so on. Chances are EXTREMELY good you've heard quite a few songs with this time scheme to it. Hence why I'm not sure if you're kidding or not— most folks in the employ of a music-related company know what swing-time is.

And, Mindsweeper; Stormwolf and Eurobeat Brony both have songs in Swing time, if you don't mind delving into cartoon-fandom materials. They might not be your cup of tea but they do exist.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 05 Oct 2012, 04:39

zoupzuop2 wrote: And, Mindsweeper; Stormwolf and Eurobeat Brony both have songs in Swing time, if you don't mind delving into cartoon-fandom materials. They might not be your cup of tea but they do exist.
I'm not usually fond of the fandom eurobeat, but I thought Luna was a good song because it was an original, not a remix. Also it was fairly subtle on the fandom themes.

So if the songs in question aren't remixes I would be more interested. :)

I also wondered if there was a eurobeat song in 3/4 but that might be pushing it. :P I would make some myself but I am never satisfied with my lead synth.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Dec 2012, 22:31

What the hell is "Yellow Magic"??

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 29 Dec 2012, 10:11

para_rigby wrote:What the hell is "Yellow Magic"??
I always thought it meant the spotlight... or a light of some sort.... Open for other views as well :P

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 24 Jan 2013, 14:53

Is Super Catching Desire seriously sung by Moroni?