Eurobeat Random Question Thread

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Aug 2013, 05:37

para_rigby
What is up with the Friday and Saturday Night mixes with A-Beat C? I have seen some songs with these mixes. What are the differences between the mixes?
Double records; a ABeatC subsidery label usually did this most often.

The most famouse is the King and Queen maxi single. That one also has slightly different sounding riffs.

The one that I noticed most deffience was on R.C.S.(Rodgers, Contini, Sinclaire)- Hot Fire. The difference is in the intro. The Friday night mix sounds more like something that would have been released on Flea records. The intro slowly builds up to the synth riff, while the Saturday mix intro is more quicker to the point.

Mike Skanner- Electronic Lover is another one. Also pressed on Double recs. All I know is that I prefer the Friday mix to the Satuday. It's easier to mix with other records ,cuz it has a longer breakdown.

I believe the reasons for these different mixes was because back then Dee jays still spun records and thier was one famous Eurobeat club in Japan(Forget the name) that respectably played each mix according to the day. Friday or Saturday. 8)

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 27 Aug 2013, 21:59

Anyone know some more songs that have a growl or shouty voice like the chorus of Sexy Sexy Sexy?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 Aug 2013, 19:30

Mindsweeper wrote:Anyone know some more songs that have a growl or shouty voice like the chorus of Sexy Sexy Sexy?
I Love Rock And Roll / Mark Farina? not sure what you are looking for

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 15 Nov 2013, 18:15

Bit of a general music question but it's very related to eurobeat and Hi-NRG

What do you call the piano chords that are sometimes played in older songs. They're a bit faster pace but they meld perfectly with the beat and give the songs a really cool touch.

A good example would be Trisha - Everytime You Want, but they usually play 5 consecutive chords before a short break.

EDIT: They're basically 8th note chords with 16th pauses in between

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 17 Nov 2013, 21:21

Darkholme wrote:Bit of a general music question but it's very related to eurobeat and Hi-NRG

What do you call the piano chords that are sometimes played in older songs. They're a bit faster pace but they meld perfectly with the beat and give the songs a really cool touch.

A good example would be Trisha - Everytime You Want, but they usually play 5 consecutive chords before a short break.

EDIT: They're basically 8th note chords with 16th pauses in between
I *think* I know what you're talking about so I'll take this one.

These kinds of piano "stabs" were common to other forms of dance (particularly... I'm tempted to say house and rave? But I could be wrong there) in the 90s, and I've heard a few instances of them in other eurobeat and non-eurobeat songs alike during that time.

I don't think there's a particular name for the technique, but I call them "stabs", with no particular reason. ^^;
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 18 Nov 2013, 01:36

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 24 Dec 2013, 12:43

According to iTunes, "Forever Fly" (SEB204) has been sung by Avery & Stella. I've got the physical CD, there is only Stella without Avery. So, my questions are: Who is Avery? Was this a mistake? Or is this even another version?

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 24 Dec 2013, 15:26

itunes does that sometimes when it gets track and artist names from the internet as opposed to you putting it in yourself

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Jun 2014, 23:51

Wondering if anyone has been able to hear the English version of 1,2 Santos by Domino? I've only seen it available on one album according the database.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 25 Jun 2014, 06:06

para_rigby wrote:Wondering if anyone has been able to hear the English version of 1,2 Santos by Domino? I've only seen it available on one album according the database.
Yup, it exists~ And heard it.

Hey Mister Loca I'm crazy for socca~

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Jun 2014, 22:27

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dont- ... =273375092

So is this A. Gordon? Sounds a lot like her, but I'm not 100% sure.

As well,
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dance ... d273224386

Zowie was an alias of Karen's for hyper techno. There are parts of this singer's voice that sound like her.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 31 Jul 2014, 03:04

http://youtu.be/_AvqHXR3Ero

This song with a few others popped up on Eurolovers' channel. What label is this??

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 31 Jul 2014, 05:32

para_rigby wrote:http://youtu.be/_AvqHXR3Ero

This song with a few others popped up on Eurolovers' channel. What label is this??
Label is "Beatfire", there was some speculation that it was a HiNRG Attack side project. I believe it, Dynamotor Kid sounds like Fulvio

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 31 Jul 2014, 09:41

I never heard of Beatfire but the musical style sounds a lot like a HRG production. So, I think it's very likely that Beatfire is a side project of them.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Aug 2014, 07:43

KiraTM
I never heard of Beatfire but the musical style sounds a lot like a HRG production. So, I think it's very likely that Beatfire is a side project of them.
here are some more Beat Fire songs you should definately checkout. Artist names and Song Titles also carry a heavy HRG Attack vibe.

1. Alcore - We are Future Eurobeat
I believe the artist name shoulda been Al Core?
2. Aramana Laserdisk - Cherry Blossom In The Park
3. Black No Blondie - Glance Around The World
4. DominGo! - Tokyo Was Built In One Day
5. Ikon - Panic Fire
6. Tatyana Sodapop - You Make A Boom In My Room