Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Jan 2013, 04:20

I feel bad because I am in the minority about not loving Time. I feel they became irrelevant since the influx of newer labels. The only artist I cared for was Annie. Eurogrooves was not too bad but they felt like a continuation of Time and nothing felt fresh with a new name. I could get a lot of hate for that, but that is my opinion.

Lastly, where the hell are the samples?? It is nearing release day!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Jan 2013, 07:17

Listen guys, TIME was one of the labels on the first SEB ever. Them and Saifam(Asia).

AVEX screwed TIME(Dall Ora) out of alot of thier productions. The absence of TIME is not all one sided you know. It was mutual.

Saying that, alot of SEB fans quickly forget that TIME label gave start to most if not all huge Eurobeat Producers, vocalists and what not.

We might never have heard from half of them if it wasn't for TIME label.
from Mauro Farina, to Pasquinni, Caria, Dall'Ora. Newfield started out as a mixer .even some of the newer ones like Rimonti, Accantino, Banati, Dimarcantonio ect... . SCP, not so much, but E. Somenzi ,did with songs like "Not This TIME" not to mention also working at Vibration. More than half of Eurobeat's starrs got thier start at TIME.

For me TIME records is untouchable. All of Dall Ora's and Newfield's productions are instant classics. and if my memory serves me correct Eurogrooves/TIME bowed out with some real killer songs from Christian and Elena Feretti at her aggressive style best.

That's what I'll remeber from Dall Ora. Bowing out in style and at a high point, rather then on fumes. 8)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 14 Jan 2013, 23:49

drnrg wrote:Listen guys, TIME was one of the labels on the first SEB ever. Them and Saifam(Asia).

AVEX screwed TIME(Dall Ora) out of alot of thier productions. The absence of TIME is not all one sided you know. It was mutual.
To be fair Avex (and many labels all over the world) has its own challenges right now (not just Eurobeat). They're stuck in a traditional model of promotion and distribution. Japan isn't as affected as the rest of the world due to how traditional the Japanese are in everything but it's slowly starting to change even in the most traditional of markets.

One of the big problems is that for the producers it's been hard adjusting to both a change from the giant highs of the late 90s and early 00's to the extremely lean years of now. Because of the money challenges to the distribution labels (in this case Avex), they now being extremely selective with music from the labels (Sun Fire, SCP, Delta, etc.) where as in the past, they would have let the labels have more creative freedom. Whether you agree to this move from Avex or not, you can't blame them for trying to only try to get hits from these labels. The negative is that producers are getting more and more rejections. You can imagine a producer that pours resources and money into a project, spends some time and money on a song only for Avex to say "we don't like it" would be extremely pissed and dejected. It's been the cause of many a producer not dealing with Avex as they feel they're being "evil" or "ungrateful" of their work. In Avex's defense, if it were an American or European distribution label, Eurobeat would have been cut out YEARS ago and no attempt to revive it or even continue it when it became unprofitable. The fact that Avex still distributes Eurobeat has to at least be recognized.
drnrg wrote:Saying that, a lot of SEB fans quickly forget that TIME label gave start to most if not all huge Eurobeat Producers, vocalists and what not...For me TIME records is untouchable. All of Dall Ora's and Newfield's productions are instant classics. and if my memory serves me correct Eurogrooves/TIME bowed out with some real killer songs from Christian and Elena Feretti at her aggressive style best. That's what I'll remember from Dall Ora. Bowing out in style and at a high point, rather then on fumes. 8)
Reading your post you seem to be upset with some posts that seem to regard Time not being with SEB as a knock on Time/Eurogrooves. I hope you realize that most of these statements are made based not on personal opinions (at least in my comments) but on numbers. My favorite period of Time was when Luke Penn was there (I Wanna Love U Tonight is one of the most under rated tracks from Time). As much as many people on the forums loved some of the latest Time/Eurogrooves tracks, they weren't considered to be commercial successes. One of the most telling signs of that was disc 2 of 190. It was all based on the top downloaded tracks. Only one Time song showed up and it was Bad Bad Bad by Energy Man. The last real ParaPara hit that I can remember was A Perfect Hero which didn't last that long. That unfortunate combination given to the rising issue in distribution that I was talking about meant that Time/Eurogrooves wasn't as hot a commodity as it was before.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 15 Jan 2013, 10:06

I really miss Sara/Madison/Pizza Girl's vocals. I wonder if she's still around, if so I'd love a "Crazy For You"-style comeback song

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 15 Jan 2013, 17:44

Darkholme wrote:I really miss Sara/Madison/Pizza Girl's vocals. I wonder if she's still around, if so I'd love a "Crazy For You"-style comeback song
She was working on Dima records as of this last SEB decade, providing vocals on songs such as Heather - Beautiful Boy - Super Eurobeat 215.

There is hope to hear her again this decade!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 15 Jan 2013, 18:59

MAtRiCks wrote:
Darkholme wrote:I really miss Sara/Madison/Pizza Girl's vocals. I wonder if she's still around, if so I'd love a "Crazy For You"-style comeback song
She was working on Dima records as of this last SEB decade, providing vocals on songs such as Heather - Beautiful Boy - Super Eurobeat 215.

That's correct, and looking at track 14 of SEB 221 - DANCE EUROBEAT by Heather feat. David Dima - I reckon it's safe to assume that you'll be hearing from her in the very, very near future ;)

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 15 Jan 2013, 19:22

MAtRiCks wrote:
the_ditz wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote: She was working on Dima records as of this last SEB decade, providing vocals on songs such as Heather - Beautiful Boy - Super Eurobeat 215.

That's correct, and looking at track 14 of SEB 221 - DANCE EUROBEAT by Heather feat. David Dima - I reckon it's safe to assume that you'll be hearing from her in the very, very near future ;)
YES! So glad you pointed that out :grin:

Her new style isn't exactly reminiscent of Pizza Girl - Crazy For You (my all time favorite Eurobeat song), but her quirkiness and uniqueness are always welcome.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 15 Jan 2013, 23:52

MAtRiCks wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote:
the_ditz wrote: That's correct, and looking at track 14 of SEB 221 - DANCE EUROBEAT by Heather feat. David Dima - I reckon it's safe to assume that you'll be hearing from her in the very, very near future ;)
YES! So glad you pointed that out :grin:

Her new style isn't exactly reminiscent of Pizza Girl - Crazy For You (my all time favorite Eurobeat song), but her quirkiness and uniqueness are always welcome.
Of course, however Eurobeat changes over years, so do artist vocals. She started singing about 15 or 16 years ago, which has been a really long time ago actually :o

We managed to get her to sing for Dima Music because A. Gilardi (former Delta/Hi-Site) producer is now working with us. In his own studio the vocals are recorded, and sent over to Thailand so it can be put on the instrumentals.

The vocals of the artist has to match the song. Some tracks have been sang by 2 or 3 different artists. Of which ''Beautiful Boy'' is one. I think I have mentioned it before, but all of Dima Music's tracks have a ''David Dima'' version as the vocalists have to know the melody of the lyrics they have to sing. Funny isn't it? :-)

Anyway, Heather is returning on the coming volume SEB 221. I hope you'll enjoy the track ''Dance Eurobeat'' as it's a duet with David ;-)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 16 Jan 2013, 01:46

I hear new Heather track is sort of weak and cheap sounding.....but I reserve my judgement till I listen to it.

Perhaps future SEBs need real hits from David Dima in the *the end of the world* epic style.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 16 Jan 2013, 08:24

DarkSky wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote: YES! So glad you pointed that out :grin:

Of course, however Eurobeat changes over years, so do artist vocals. She started singing about 15 or 16 years ago, which has been a really long time ago actually :o

We managed to get her to sing for Dima Music because A. Gilardi (former Delta/Hi-Site) producer is now working with us. In his own studio the vocals are recorded, and sent over to Thailand so it can be put on the instrumentals.

The vocals of the artist has to match the song. Some tracks have been sang by 2 or 3 different artists. Of which ''Beautiful Boy'' is one. I think I have mentioned it before, but all of Dima Music's tracks have a ''David Dima'' version as the vocalists have to know the melody of the lyrics they have to sing. Funny isn't it? :-)

Anyway, Heather is returning on the coming volume SEB 221. I hope you'll enjoy the track ''Dance Eurobeat'' as it's a duet with David ;-)
Damn, I could never have guessed that Heather was Pizza Girl, she sounds totally different from the pre-Vol. 100 stuff! While I certainly don't mind her new style, her pre-100 songs will always be my favourite (Burning Up For You, Memories, Crazy For You, You Can Light My Fire etc)

But I'm happy that older vocalists continue to sing for SEB! The duet with Dima is promising, Save a Prayer really proved to me that both his songs and vocals are absolutely top-notch.

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 16 Jan 2013, 22:28

Darkholme wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
MAtRiCks wrote: Of course, however Eurobeat changes over years, so do artist vocals. She started singing about 15 or 16 years ago, which has been a really long time ago actually :o

Damn, I could never have guessed that Heather was Pizza Girl, she sounds totally different from the pre-Vol. 100 stuff! While I certainly don't mind her new style, her pre-100 songs will always be my favourite (Burning Up For You, Memories, Crazy For You, You Can Light My Fire etc)

But I'm happy that older vocalists continue to sing for SEB! The duet with Dima is promising, Save a Prayer really proved to me that both his songs and vocals are absolutely top-notch.
I would say her new vocal style with the Heather alias is more in line with her songs from the EuroPanic! series, notably under alias Baby Energy. I too wish she came back to the type of songs they did with Delta on SEB though as those were quite epic (Sara - Wonderland, anyone?).

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 17 Jan 2013, 07:59

MAtRiCks wrote:I would say her new vocal style with the Heather alias is more in line with her songs from the EuroPanic! series, notably under alias Baby Energy. I too wish she came back to the type of songs they did with Delta on SEB though as those were quite epic (Sara - Wonderland, anyone?).
Damn, seriously? Boom Boom In My Heart was one of those songs I used to laugh at because the vocals were so soft and high. Knowing Crazy For You and BBIMH are sung by the same person is shocking! The difference is like Night & Day :grin:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Jan 2013, 18:10

Is it possible that they might break with tradition and not provide samples now? I know they've been as late as 6 days before release in the past, but I'm wondering whether they will use the same link structure for the samples or provide them at all...

Anyone with any insider knowledge or contacts that might know? ;)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 17 Jan 2013, 21:10

the_ditz wrote:Is it possible that they might break with tradition and not provide samples now? I know they've been as late as 6 days before release in the past, but I'm wondering whether they will use the same link structure for the samples or provide them at all...

It might be a new tactique. Yes.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Jan 2013, 22:48

DarkSky wrote:
the_ditz wrote:Is it possible that they might break with tradition and not provide samples now? I know they've been as late as 6 days before release in the past, but I'm wondering whether they will use the same link structure for the samples or provide them at all...

It might be a new tactique. Yes.
Okay, but the fact you use the word "might" suggests that even the labels aren't really sure. Darn you avex and your secretive strategies... :???: