Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 25 Jan 2013, 00:47

Promotion Video for SEB221:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfhCAZEe ... r_embedded

They used a slightly different version of SEB4U in the video than the one that was released on SEB221.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 25 Jan 2013, 00:49

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 25 Jan 2013, 02:50

eXtaticus wrote:The face-kickingly impactful and somewhat generically titled Power & Love – and here, we're treated to a hair-raising zap from the very core of what eurobeat, for me, symbolises; and really, it's all right there in the title of the song. It just oozes charm; hot, radioactive, electrifying charm, all the way from the searing sabi right down to the compression-spammed piano licks – and I loved every second of it. It's the purest form of eurobeat romance; if you sing it to your loved one, they'll think you're a right whack-job, but it's such a powerful embodiment of raw emotion that they might just fall for it if you can play them the riff on a keytar. But really, the key to this one lies in the wonderful imagery of the verses and the climactic choruses – and the incredible attention to detail in the deeper instrumental layers of the song truly makes it a great one. SCP, you're on the fast track to becoming my absolute favourite eurobeat label – nay, my favourite ANYTHING label. I love this track!
Only thing is this is a Dima Music track not an SCP Music track. But it is a very nice song.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 25 Jan 2013, 11:42

DarkSky wrote:
thejti wrote:They shamed them cause they noticed him first. I'm not surprised by it. SEB is virtually on its last legs and needs sales or the series is done, hence the aggressive stance on piracy. And unlike other genres, they can't easily use the music to make shows or license them to other things. All money goes through Avex.
Avex usually only has the exclusive rights for Asia.
Yes but when was the last time you saw any of the labels use their music outside of Asia to do concerts or sell music on iTunes? They're now almost relying entirely now on Avex for their revenue. That's my point.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

translation of promotional vid for seb 221

Post by synthjunkie » 25 Jan 2013, 12:16

DarkSky wrote:Promotion Video for SEB221:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfhCAZEe ... r_embedded

They used a slightly different version of SEB4U in the video than the one that was released on SEB221.
In case anybody was wondering what the video says, it's pretty optimistic sounding, and pretty cool! Here I translated the meaning of the video.

Note: I didn't use a translater, since I know intermediate Japanese. I starting learning when I was 13 until I was 19, now I'm 31, and haven't practised much, so getting kinda rusty....
Also please note that I had to make some grammatical and word changes to make the sentence make sense in English, because some words wouldn't make sense to say in English or would just sound weird. But the overall message is that Eurobeat will not die.

Please watch the video together with my translation to get goosebumps! (at least I know I did)

"The new material from the anticipated series!"
"Finally! Released!!"

"January 23, 2013"

"COMPLETE COMEBACK/REVIVAL"

"The origins of Avex all started with 'SUPER EUROBEAT' "

"Having passed a one year temporary break,
'Super Eurobeat' has broken into a new stage"

"With the original returning style, the Italian delivered renewed sound has arrived in EXTENDED VERSION!"

"The eurobeat evolution which surpasses all dance music will not stop!"

"SUPER EUROBEAT"

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Jan 2013, 14:20

eXtaticus wrote:Seb 221 review
Nice review, thanks for posting it up. Looking forward to your part two. 8)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Jan 2013, 15:18

The reason for the delay was in the booklet... would be nice if we could get a translation. There's Gangnam Style involved... somehow... even if Japan hates the song to death (but I do :( )
遂にSUPER EUROBEATが再始動!!
何故一年以上もの間発売が延期になのか…
裏事情とはいかに…!?

ゃっと始ましたね!SEBの再スタートにあたって様々な感想があると思いますが小生としては、これが本音です。2011年12月14日発売のVOL.220から本作VOL.221が発売されるまで実に1年間以上の長い時間が費ゃされた。当初の2012年2月発売の予定がなぜ延期になったのか?延期になった理由の“諸事情”とは何だろうか?エイベックス社の第一号商品としてスタートして以来、ほぼ每月、年に10作品コンスタントに発売し続けてきたエイベックスのDNAに何が起こったのだろう?熱烈なSEBファン、古くからのエイベックス·ファンにとっては、かなり気になる部份であろう。SEB発売延期状況を近距離で見守り続けて來た小生には2つの大きな理由を感じました。

一つ目の理由は、みなさんも薄は感じていなと思いますが客観的にみてユーロビートの状況が当時、大変厳しく超氷河期時代にあったということです。しかし、SEBがお休みしている間にデヴィッド·ゲッタ、LMFAOを中心にエレクトロニック·ダンス·ミュージック(以下、EDMと略す)が世界各国で大ブーム!全米2位を記錄した韓国のPSY「GANGNAM STYLE」もEDM、日本でもEDM系のJポップが次々と大ヒット。アメリカのR&B黑人シンガー達でさえ、続々とEDMを取り入れた楽曲を発売、成功をおさめている。日本のある有名DJがEDMという言葉がまた定着していない頃、EDM楽曲をユーロビートと言った。確かに4つ打ちだし、強烈なシンセのリフ、キャッチーなメロディーとサビ。そして、EDMの教祖デヴィッド·ゲッタはフランスのパリ出身。EDMはユーロビートの延長上、ユーロビートにレイヴ系テクノ要素などが融合したユーロビートを進化させたモノだと思う。ラップ挿入楽曲が多い点など、SEBょりは1980年代のユーロビートに似ているのかも。発売延期が幸いして「現在この時期こそ、ユーロビートにとって追い風、SEBを再スタートさせる絶好のタイミング!」と小生は確信した。逆に、このチャンスを逃したら「SEB再始動はありえないかも。」と思ってた矢先にエイベックスのF氏からSEB再開の連絡があり、年甲斐もぱなく思わず興奮してしもった。

もう一つの発売延期理由はイタリアの各レールとの契約問題てした。契約のディティールは小生にも当然、解りもせん。しかし、收錄曲全体の質を向上させ、いい楽曲が誕生させるために長期間の話し合いを要してしまったらしい。その結果、全レーベルと合意に達し、さらに從來とは異なった発展的な契約內容て妥結したとのこと。その一例をF氏から聴きだしましたがクレジットにも熱心に開心を持つSEBファンなら必ず近い将來に気づくと思います。從って、その一例の解明は熱烈なるSEBファンに委ねます。

さて、ユーロビートに強い開心を持っていたのは貴方と小生だけではないょうです。2012年春の月曜日早朝、ニッポン放送の番組「max matsuura仕事が遊びで遊びが仕事」の中てエイベックス松浦勝人代表取締役社長CEOがSEB初期のスタッフであるI氏とK氏とともにユーロビート激アツ討論会を催し、全国の番組リスナーから大ぎな反響を呼んだ。さらに2012年7月、六本木·ニコファーレにて欧州サッカーEURO2012決勝戰直前イベント「That's EURO NIGHT」が催され、ユーロビート大特集となり、視聴者からの多数のコメンが色とりどみな絵文字で会場內の壁面を駆け廻った。小生もパネリストの一人として同イベントの現場にいましたが、まさに“EUROBEAT IS STILL ALIVE!!”。「実はユーロビート好きな人、かなり多いぞ!」と実感した。再始動したSEBに期待したい、EDMをさらに進化させた魅力的な万人に愛されるユーロビートの誕生と再びユーロビートがダンスフロアに戾って來ることを!

NOV 30.2012 松本みつぐ(赤シャツNOTE)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 25 Jan 2013, 15:19

I'm not quite ready to review the album yet, I need a few more playthroughs, but I'm very happy with the series comeback. The speed has gone up significantly since the last two decades, and although it seems to give way to less variety, I seem to get more of what I like out of it.

SCP is definitely dominating this volume, but I hope that other labels get to take the lead of the next ones! I would especially like to see Dima get the spotlight next. I was slightly disappointed not to hear Sara on the vocals for the Heather alias this time around, even if the song itself is great nevertheless.

My hopes for the rest of the decade:

More: Melissa White, Christine and Irene. Happy and fast Dima productions. Bonini and Dejorio. Clara and Capaldi. Domino @ SCP. Lolita @ SCP would be great too. Ken Blast. New Hi NRG vocalists. Ace, both Aishu and Power. Collaborations between labels.

Less: Festari vocals. Vocoders @ Sunfire. Rich Hard.

Thats all for now :)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 25 Jan 2013, 15:45

Lebon14 wrote:The reason for the delay was in the booklet... would be nice if we could get a translation. There's Gangnam Style involved... somehow... even if Japan hates the song to death (but I do :( )
遂にSUPER EUROBEATが再始動!!
何故一年以上もの間発売が延期になのか…
裏事情とはいかに…!?

ゃっと始ましたね!SEBの再スタートにあたって様々な感想があると思いますが小生としては、これが本音です。2011年12月14日発売のVOL.220から本作VOL.221が発売されるまで実に1年間以上の長い時間が費ゃされた。当初の2012年2月発売の予定がなぜ延期になったのか?延期になった理由の“諸事情”とは何だろうか?エイベックス社の第一号商品としてスタートして以来、ほぼ每月、年に10作品コンスタントに発売し続けてきたエイベックスのDNAに何が起こったのだろう?熱烈なSEBファン、古くからのエイベックス·ファンにとっては、かなり気になる部份であろう。SEB発売延期状況を近距離で見守り続けて來た小生には2つの大きな理由を感じました。

一つ目の理由は、みなさんも薄は感じていなと思いますが客観的にみてユーロビートの状況が当時、大変厳しく超氷河期時代にあったということです。しかし、SEBがお休みしている間にデヴィッド·ゲッタ、LMFAOを中心にエレクトロニック·ダンス·ミュージック(以下、EDMと略す)が世界各国で大ブーム!全米2位を記錄した韓国のPSY「GANGNAM STYLE」もEDM、日本でもEDM系のJポップが次々と大ヒット。アメリカのR&B黑人シンガー達でさえ、続々とEDMを取り入れた楽曲を発売、成功をおさめている。日本のある有名DJがEDMという言葉がまた定着していない頃、EDM楽曲をユーロビートと言った。確かに4つ打ちだし、強烈なシンセのリフ、キャッチーなメロディーとサビ。そして、EDMの教祖デヴィッド·ゲッタはフランスのパリ出身。EDMはユーロビートの延長上、ユーロビートにレイヴ系テクノ要素などが融合したユーロビートを進化させたモノだと思う。ラップ挿入楽曲が多い点など、SEBょりは1980年代のユーロビートに似ているのかも。発売延期が幸いして「現在この時期こそ、ユーロビートにとって追い風、SEBを再スタートさせる絶好のタイミング!」と小生は確信した。逆に、このチャンスを逃したら「SEB再始動はありえないかも。」と思ってた矢先にエイベックスのF氏からSEB再開の連絡があり、年甲斐もぱなく思わず興奮してしもった。

もう一つの発売延期理由はイタリアの各レールとの契約問題てした。契約のディティールは小生にも当然、解りもせん。しかし、收錄曲全体の質を向上させ、いい楽曲が誕生させるために長期間の話し合いを要してしまったらしい。その結果、全レーベルと合意に達し、さらに從來とは異なった発展的な契約內容て妥結したとのこと。その一例をF氏から聴きだしましたがクレジットにも熱心に開心を持つSEBファンなら必ず近い将來に気づくと思います。從って、その一例の解明は熱烈なるSEBファンに委ねます。

さて、ユーロビートに強い開心を持っていたのは貴方と小生だけではないょうです。2012年春の月曜日早朝、ニッポン放送の番組「max matsuura仕事が遊びで遊びが仕事」の中てエイベックス松浦勝人代表取締役社長CEOがSEB初期のスタッフであるI氏とK氏とともにユーロビート激アツ討論会を催し、全国の番組リスナーから大ぎな反響を呼んだ。さらに2012年7月、六本木·ニコファーレにて欧州サッカーEURO2012決勝戰直前イベント「That's EURO NIGHT」が催され、ユーロビート大特集となり、視聴者からの多数のコメンが色とりどみな絵文字で会場內の壁面を駆け廻った。小生もパネリストの一人として同イベントの現場にいましたが、まさに“EUROBEAT IS STILL ALIVE!!”。「実はユーロビート好きな人、かなり多いぞ!」と実感した。再始動したSEBに期待したい、EDMをさらに進化させた魅力的な万人に愛されるユーロビートの誕生と再びユーロビートがダンスフロアに戾って來ることを!

NOV 30.2012 松本みつぐ(赤シャツNOTE)
I'm not going to waste my time and translate the whole thing, but it talks about how there is a EDM boom in the world and how Gangham Style, LMFAO, and David Guetta are examples. "Even in America, black R&B singers use EDM." Then of course it compares EDM with Eurobeat saying Eurobeat is EDM as well.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 25 Jan 2013, 16:07

3rd paragraph talks about how the re-contracting with the labels took a long time.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Jan 2013, 22:38

I received my copy today. I guess I'll be scanning while listening tonight.

Even if my head tells me "Go to bed, you're sick, you have a cold!"
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jan 2013, 06:29

tiger
I'm not going to waste my time and translate the whole thing, but it talks about how there is a EDM boom in the world and how Gangham Style, LMFAO, and David Guetta are examples. "Even in America, black R&B singers use EDM." Then of course it compares EDM with Eurobeat saying Eurobeat is EDM as well.
Eurobeat is not as insipid ,uninspired or monotonous out as Electronic Dance Music(EDM). Just the thought of Eurobeat being compared to any of those above mentioned so-called artists gives me the shakes :cry:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 26 Jan 2013, 07:01

@drnrg Want it or not, Eurobeat is EDM. EDM is a very wide term. EDM is like Techno or Electronica. It's a general term.

Also, for those who are on Discogs, I made the entry for SEB221 here : http://www.discogs.com/release/4230221

I'm pretty confident in the quality of this page.

I'll write my review later... I need to take a "writing" break.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Jan 2013, 01:53

Oh boy, here we go for the review. Hopefully, my review will make other people wrote theirs! So, let's start this up by putting the NES cartridge into my NES. (I still LOVE that picture and I think it'll stick with me for a LONG time)

01. SEB 4 U (Power Mix) / SEB All Stars Feat. DJ Boss (SCP)

The song that we've been waiting for a long time... a song that features the big voices of Eurobeat which features Domino, Kaioh, Dave Rodgers, Cherry, Mark Farina, Futura, Franz Tornado, Ace, Niko, Dave Dima, Fastway and DJ Boss. That's a lot of different vocals for a song that's not even four minutes. The fact that it's so short for so much people singing made me sad. That's the only negative though. Right away, DJ Boss brings some energy to the table with his MC'ing and the great guitar only helps even more. Then, the riff is simply amazing. What's more amazing is how seamless all those voices fits together and all that in a powerful melodic package. This is definitely a great that will stick for a long time!

Rating : 10

02. Different Girl / An-G (SCP)

So, we've got ourselves a brand new vocalist at SCP. That might be a deception for some since that could have been Annerley Gordon. Anegla brings some sweet vocals that reminds me of Pamsy's dreamy voice. It sounds sweet and fit perfectly with this song's high energy and amazing riff that reminds me, by the way, of Ultra Mi-Ha Deluxe. The overal song is a pure pleasure to listen to. The melody is amazing and stream amazingly in this strong production

03. Loving Eurobeat / Dejo & Bon (SinclaireStyle)

A classic and, at the same time, progressive. That is the message the song opens to. In my opinion, it isn't progressive because the song is pretty standard melody-wise. But! That doesn't mean I don't like the song. In fact, I LOVE it. It's a very catchy musical piece that will make you sing "Hey hey! Para Para!" and do some air guitar at the AMAZING guitar solo. Sinclaire did it again, it's another hit. Catchy riff, melodies and vocals by De Jorio and Bonini. Love this!

04. Power & Love / Stephy Martin (Dima)

Ah, Stephy, one of the vocal goddess of Eurobeat. I'll always love her voice and it's no exception here. The melody is beautiful and fits her pefectly along with the electric guitar sabi that perfectly merge in the song's package. While being a very good song, I don't know, there's this little thing missing I can't put my finger although having it all, even the emotion.

Rating : 9

05. Kiss / Bamboo Bimbo (SCP)

Behind this funny looking alias, is... a masterpiece. Like a friend of me described it, it's SCP meeting Akiba Koubou. Very speedy SCP melody product that has an incredible amount of energy packed in under 4 minutes mixed with exciting female or male vocals (sincerely, I cannot make it out...). Except the fact that the song opens up with a pitch bender, which is a weird way to open a song imo, this song has it all we want from Eurobeat : Fast, catchy and memorable.

Rating : 10+

06. 1 Fire / Dave Rodgers (Sun Fire)

Calm intro, as always but doesn't exactly mean that it will reflect in the upcoming beat! In fact, I had ZERO expectation for this song but turned into a nice surprise. The riff and melody reminds me a LOT of eurodance melodies, especially the sabi and chorus. That isn't bad though, because I like eurodance and it's always a nice touch. The guitar solo is a pure sweet sound to the ear. It's a nice addition and adds to the energy of the song. Good job, Dave once again!

Rating : 9½

07. Down Down Down / Tipsy & Tipsy (Asia)

Well, at the time of producting the album, let's all face it. They had two better choice beside this song : "Down To The Beat" by Ken Martin and "A Sign" (by same alias). This is not a bad song at all, but it's the weakest of the choice that was available then. The general melody for the song is nice and simple. Vocals fits in quite nicely. The "vocal sabi" is OK. In my opinion, it's the weakest point of the song. Not a bad song in any means, just not the best choice.

Rating : 8

08. Born To Be Wild In My Car / Cy-Ro (Hi-NRG Attack)

An innuendo? If you haven't catched it, I hope you do now! All I can say about the song is that this is the standard Hi-NRG Attack melody and production. There's nothing new to the table however, it still brings catchy vocals, melodies and soft synth sabi. I really like that song even if there's absolutely nothing new. Even the breakdown is catchy. Good job Live Music Studio team!

09. Kelly / Powerful T. (A-Beat-C)

Finally, a song out of the bottomless pit drawer of unreleased songs! The song starts with the usual calm and moody A-Beat-C intro. The riff is a bit on the boring side. Vocals are nice but very aishu sounding. The chorus is meh at best. It just screams me wanting to press the skip button. The song is just not for me. Kudos for getting this out of the drawer though...

Rating : 5

10. Wacky-Wacky-O! / Scream Team (SCP)

And another from the drawer (from 2008)! Yay! So many funny vocals in there, it's so addicting. The opera sounding vocals just the fun the song brings along with the nonsense lyrics. It's just fun to listen. I even called my friend yesterday and the first thing I said was "Wacky Wacky O O O O". Haha. It's just that memorable, I love it.

11. Wild Boys / Rich Hard (Sun Fire)

I won't hide it... I love ALL of Rich Hard songs so far. This new song is absolutely no exception. I love his vocals which fits the song perfectly. I don't care if it's auto-tuned. For me, the melody and riff is great. That makes the song very catchy and I love it. I hope its streak of good songs continue in the future.

12. Dancing Eurobeat / Heather Feat. Dima (Dima)

Boom! that's how the song starts. It doesn't wait to give away some energy with catchy guitar and synth riffs. That's exciting. In fact, "exciting" is the word that describes this song. The sabi just pure energy. The verse's melodies are just so good. Heather and Dima's vocals are just a perfect fit. Together, they make quite the exciting chorus. The song is bound to become a memorable track in the future. Love, love, love!

13. Super Driver / Daniel (Delta)

First impressions are misleading. In the parapara lesson, I thought this would be a nice and good song. However, the song starts with a boring intro with nothing special.The riff is good but the verse and bridge are "okay" at best. The chorus is good with no plus. I guess it's your average eurobeat song with nothing special. Maybe it reminds me too much of the do-not-name-that-song-nononono-you-shall-not.

Rating : 7½

14. Super Hyper Powers / Fastway (SCP)

Sometimes, there are songs that gets you hype for a release. We knew this song would come well before the album was released. Hyper Super Powers isn't a bad song by all means but... there's something that makes me want to skip the song each time. It might be that riff which is something that isn't SCP usual melody style. That siren is just annoying. The verse and, especially, the bridge melodies are really good and catchy. It kinds of save the song. Extra bonus points for the awesome breakdown though. SCP are like the king on not-monotonus breakdown. It's a pretty good song... only if that riff was a bit less awkward.

Rating : 8

15. Boys Gone Wild / Dejo (SinclaireStyle)

This is... kinda boring. It's okay but very far from memorable. It tries to be energetic when it just sounds empty. With a title like that, you expect epicness but the opposite happens. This is sad. However, just to make sure, it's still better than Kelly.

Rating : 6

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This album has been a long time coming and we all missed our dose of Super Eurobeat and the last year has been a long wait. Hopefully, it's back and... it's back in full POWAH. Oh yeah! Personally, I haven't so satisfied since Super Eurobeat 195. It's been a while since I've rated this MUCH songs 10 points. It's clear to me that all 15 songs were made and produced with quality in mind for the best comeback. Effort really paid of. Good job to all labels who participated on this release!

Top tracks :
All the track above 9 points.

Bottom tracks :
"Kelly" / Powerful T.
"Boys Gone Wild" / Dejo
"Super Driver" / Daniel

Honorable Mention :
"Power & Love" / Stephy Martin

Overall ratiing : 9½

SCP : 5
Delta : 1
Hi-NRG Attack : 1
Dima : 2
SinclaireStyle : 2
Asia : 1
Sun Fire : 2
A-Beat-C : 1
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 27 Jan 2013, 05:25

I've only just listened to the samples, but I can tell it's not worth the purchase.

Sinclaire has proven yet again that he's still stuck in the past. You know something's wrong when 'Boys Gone Wild' and 'Loving Eurobeat' sound more outdated than De Jorio's early 2000 hits, such as, e.g., 'Pilot is the Hero.'

SCP's songs don't sound any different to those released in the 200s and 210s, which can be considered either good or bad depending on which way you look at it. I will say, though, that the Scream Team song is easily the worst they've ever released. There are very few eurobeat songs that I'd be embarrassed to play with other people listening in, and this is one of them.

HRG is hard to judge since they only have one song on the album, but I'll forgive them for reverting back to that stale hyper crazy sound this time.

In my opinion, the only standouts on this album are the two Dima tracks. All of the other songs either sound average or downright annoying.

There's no question that the only reason this album sounds amazing to most people is because of the fact that there's been hardly any new eurobeat material in years. If this album was released in the mid-210s, I (and I'm sure nearly all of you) would've considered it a very "safe" album.