Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 31 Jan 2013, 23:53

Lebon14 wrote:
the_ditz wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:So, I'm the only one to LOVE DJ Boss in SEB 4 U's intro?
Yes. :P
Then, I must be the only one to chill on this line

"Respect to the man in the ice cream van!"

:(
I liked DJ BOSS in the intro too.

Also lol scooter

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

dj boss vs dj koo

Post by synthjunkie » 01 Feb 2013, 01:27

Darkholme wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:So, I'm the only one to LOVE DJ Boss in SEB 4 U's intro?
I can't listen to the intro without being reminded of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM#t=0m36s

The Japanese accent is just too crazy :D
DJ Boss actually reminds me alot of DJ Koo from the Japanese dance group TRF, which is produced by Tetsuya Komuro, and released by AVEX.

One of the first Japanese groups to bring in eurodance/eurohouse and hyper techno sounds to Japan back in the early 90's and a huge influence on the whole electronic music scene in Japan along with Super Eurobeat. Super Eurobeat even covered a song or 2 by them if I remember correctly.

a clip of TRF and the gang, including DJ KOO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQPQH1k5zE[url]

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 01 Feb 2013, 02:41

A review? Eh...why not.

Power & Love, Down Down Down, Kelly, Kiss, Different Girl, and Wacky Wacky O are still being my favs so far. The melodies for Down Down Down are fine, but yeah I agree that Saifam can do better...or is it avex can do better?....either way, I love this album.

Wacky Wacky O is like a Kiki and Fancy / Bubbles type of thing. Fun and classy. The Opera voice is sizzling with lip syncing delicious attempt. lol :3

Power & Love sounds mature and has this vibey feeling of an ocean side drowning while a man is kissing you while you watch that person die slowly. or if you're straight, a girl kissing you.

Kelly is too peaceful and romantic like Purple Emotion but I like it, it still has this "urf!" that I like from a strong singer like Powerful T.

Down Down Down is downright entrancing that allows me to just move my arms in the air and forget the parapara routine and perform my own, but it has that melody that moves my emotions up and down. and like my emotions, my taste have their ups and downs.

I swear I hear "White Boys" from the Rich Hard one. Bought the Why Boy by Radiorama, and yeah...sounds like White boy white boy. lol It's okay, not a fav for me but it's a "eh" type of song. Only when I feel daring...i'll try the song again.

SEB 4 U is like.....hot hot choco, it's sweet and yummy but at the slight touch of the human lips/ear it stings and you keep drinking it because it's cold and try to enjoy it as much as you can, but as soon as you're done with it you toss the cup and you move to the yummy cool soy milk that gives you a tummy ache...it is still good though, but still painstaking.

1 Fire was like that puppy that looked cute from afar but as soon as you came close to it, it had that crazy lazy eye, and hasn't had its rabies shot and you pet it once and moved on.

Kiss was fun to listen to, you hear people sing and try to guess what they're singing, but then again who can understand them most of the time? You plug your headphones in and forget those around you.

Super Driver and Hyper Super Powers are both something you have to listen to because the singers are popular and you have to follow everyone else. Don't be a shepeople! They're fun to listen to, but you try to listen to new things. They're like a sweet treat, you love it but the calories are terrible and you need to devour something else.

So yeah...ummm Dancing Eurobeat was ummm...how can I say this....you feel sorry for it, so you listen to it to try to make sure they don't cry and then say "it was Beeboo Blimpople dkdsjfksdjf...." and give a air hug to them. They ask what kind of language that is and you say....oh....it's greenland. :3 Walk away fast.

I like Loving Eurobeat but it's just the same as Hyper Super Powers and Super Driver....it's fast...but what else do you have to offer?

Different Girl is a definite "go-back" song. You heard it once, hate, then give it a shot again, bam! You love it. It gives a Pop song feel to it that gives me wonderful feelings and that vibe of wanting more. Give me more An-G please SCP!

Born To Be Wild In My Car is a mouth-full but not a fulfilling song. Where is the power Cy-Ro once had? Is it still on the shelves of Avex? Sorry but for me it was a let down. Not my fav by far. The intro just jumps out and says "LISTEN TO ME!!! PLEASE!!!"

That's it in a nut-shell. :3

Yeah....hi everyone! :3 lol
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Feb 2013, 08:03

Gone are the days when I could dedicate a whole day to make a SEB review, so instead I'll do a few each night. :wink:

Super Eurobeat 221 review

1. SEB All Stars – SEB 4 U (SCP)
“Blah Blah Move your body all night long. Here We Gox3 Uhx3. Yo! Check this out.5-4-3-2-1. Almost 30 seconds of terrible intro babble that I would easily hear in one of those EDM songs featuring Pitbull, Flo Rida ect… , before the really cool synth riff starts blaring out my p.c. speakersand I concider that "ear torture". I initially thought this would be one of the stand out tracks when I first heard the sample? I had very high hopes for this one and from what I heard on the sample; it sounded like it would easily be one of my top 3 tracks on the cd. Oh, how SCP proved me wrong with that intro alone. I can’t decide if it’s the lyrical context or the way D.J. Boss pronounces his words, or what? What I do know is that everyTIME I hear it I start to cringe and an almost acidy taste forms in my mouth. I can’t help thinking that that intro was aimed at the same crowd who listens to that Urban EDM. Nothing about it readies my ears for a cool Eurobeat song. The intro is very important in a song; Whatever Genre it may be and this one just sounds so out of place in a Eurobeat song. It’s a real shame, because the rest of the song shines with exceptional value, because of all the cameos we are graced with from the different Eurobeat vocalists. They all sound great and put their best vocal efforts into the song. Weather it be a verse or just a small line like, “Eurobeat Forever” as sung by Franz Tornado. The riff; as I already mentioned, sounds like one of the best SCP has produced ever. Up to a point where I got a small ABeatC vibe from it. As I slowly begin to leave that abysmal intro behind and just when I see a clear Eurobeat road ahead; the inevitable happens. D.J. Boss returns to blow a black cloud of smoke all over the mini break. “Tokyo Yeah go!” Or whatever. His voice really ruins a great sounding mini guitar break and that is unforgivable. The fact that the song barely qualifies as an extended makes that intro and break come around one too many uninvited TIMEs as I try replaying the song. The chorus; is the funny part. The lyrics state "SEB 4U Maniacs", but it seriously sounds like it mentions (NES). A notorious misheard lyric. Or is it? I wouldn't be surprised if that misheard lyric was purpousely inserted to appeal to the video game buffs? I’m sorry. I’ll probably be the only one bothered by D.J. Boss appearance (let alone give the song the lowest rating), but argh! I just can’t stand his vocals. In the end; I cannot for the life of me give this song a grade any higher than a -7; which in turn; ends up being one of the lower grades I give out on this cd.
-7/10

2. An- G – Different Girl (SCP)
Two SCP songs in a row to start the cd. Is this a good idea? I don’t know, but I know I enjoyed this song a notch better than SEB 4U. The intro sounds very Eurobeat and the series of synth chords just adds to its power. It’s funny, but that very un-Eurobeat like vibe I got from An-G’s vocals from the sample; seems to have disappeared. Her vocals are not as urban as; say, Kelly Wright, and I enjoyed her vocals too. We were initially given the hint that this new female artist could have been Annerly Gordon? I really didn’t hear any Annerly in her vocals, but none the less; I believe she sounds right at home among Eurobeat veterans. So, with acceptable vocals; I can tune in to the rest of the song. The intro is easily from SCP stable, but perfectly sets up the listener for the melody in
the verses and bridge. Now; the melody in the chorus is what brings the song up another notch above SEB 4U. It has that slight Heavenly vibe that sometimes Pamsy would use, but done the right way. I would consider this song to be a combination of aggressive and slightly tipping to Aishu in the chorus. That’s a great combo that ‘Dall Ora mastered with Elena Ferretti’s songs. If I had to choose a stand out part of the song; I would have to say the break. The hard synth sounds accompanying her in that last verse are really what was needed to inject that last dose of power into the song and I think it turned out to sound just fine among this adrenaline oozing batch of songs featured on this last cd. This first showing leaves me with a positive feel for An G’s next song.
-8/10

3. Dejo & Bon- Loving Eurobeat (Sinclaire Style)
“A classic and at the same TIME progressive” are the first words we hear in the intro. They seem completely meaningless, because the song is anything, but progressive. However; that ; for me is a good thing, because it has the traditional sound we have come to love and accept from Sinclaire since his days at AbeatC. I prefer this song to “Boys Gone Wild” for a few reasons. First off; is the intro. The guitar laced intro reminds me of all those Edo Boys songs gone by and the riff likewise screams of all the Niko power songs of yester year. The song itself; since it features both DeJorio and Bonini seems like one of those team ups they did back on DELTA. What was their name? Tokyo Future?But anyway; this is one of those songs that gets better with each listen. I might have even chosen my top 5 prematurely? That is yet to be seen as the weeks progressed, but I really did enjoy this Sinclaire comeback immensly. Favourite part? I want to say the Guitar break. What Rock fan doesn’t love an agressive guitar lick inserted into his Eurobeat, but instead I’m gonna say, that false outro around the 3:20 mark. It really gave the feel that song was about to end, but instead takes it to 5th gear and one more TIME around the race track before going to full victory. This song is a perfect example of how to make a bi-themed Racing and Eurobeat love anthem.
9+/10

4. Stephy –Power and Love (Dima Music)
This brings me to one of my absolute standouts on the disc. I’m talking about one of my favorite female vocalists. Ever since I heard “Emotions” on Delta; I knew she would follow up hit after hit. Speaking of “Emotions”; “Power & Love’s” intro reminds me so much of that same acapella style she used in that Delta classic. The buildup in the intro is perfect to introduce that guitar laced synth riff, but what I really loved was that small synth key insert right before she starts singing the verses. It’s tiny, but when you look for this little details; it really shines and gives the verses that extra sauce. The melody in the verses; itself is wonderful and giving the song even more power as it progresses into the bridge and then finally the chorus; which is filled with that good up-tempo feeling I look for in my female sung Eurobeat. Even better is the fact that this song also features a mini guitar break before the last verse which immediately zooms the listener into final chorus. This final chorus contains all the essence of the song’s title; “Power & Love”. My only hope was that she would use some of her screaming notes from the past. Something like in “Speed Demon” would have been nice. Alas; this song is sure to bring hours of joy to my player and is already etched as one of my favorite ever from Stephy. So as of now; #1. Emotions, #2. Speed Demon,and now #3. “Power & Love”. I’m hoping SEB 222 features her new song at Live Music Studios(HRG Attack).
10/10

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 01 Feb 2013, 09:57

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 01 Feb 2013, 18:58

eXtaticus wrote: I rolled my eyes every TIME you made this horrendous pun, though.
He does that all the TIME. It's like his trademark.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 01 Feb 2013, 19:23

Got my album yesterday, listening to it now. A few songs I rated down have gone up in my book, and vice versa.

• Mr. Rodgers did a decent job on 1Fire after all, and DJ Boss' prowess is most definitely behind a turntable instead (that is to say, I wasn't fond of his spoken lines).
• I absolutely ADORE how "Kiss" has this flavoring that really caters to the indie Eurobeat scene, ESPECIALLY with that brass.
• Cy-Ro is also impressing me quite a bit.
• They really should've chosen a different SAIFAM song this time around.
• Very cool that Luigi Raimondi was one of the writers behind SEB4U!

Also, uh, as much as I agree that DJ Boss' role in SEB4U didn't turn out great...
• suggesting that the kind of "DJ Speak" that begins SEB4U is in modern "urban EDM", which totally exists compared to, say, just straight up EDM or hip hop/rap
• suggesting that what little of it DOES go on is as tediously long and soulless as it was in SEB4U's intro
As the internet children say, OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2013, 00:47

The big question I have for you though zoupzuop2 is....

Is Wild Boys still as awful as you expected? If you've read my review, you already know my thoughts on it but wondered if you had changed your mind at all?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Feb 2013, 01:35

the_ditz wrote:The big question I have for you though zoupzuop2 is....

Is Wild Boys still as awful as you expected? If you've read my review, you already know my thoughts on it but wondered if you had changed your mind at all?
It's atually not so terrible in full! It's not great, it's still one of the worst of the album, but it's not as terrible as I had surmised from the preview. I still don't like it, but it's at least acceptable for consumption as Eurobeat.

...in other words, still better than "I'm Superstar".
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2013, 08:17

zoupzuop2 wrote:
the_ditz wrote:The big question I have for you though zoupzuop2 is....

It's atually not so terrible in full! It's not great, it's still one of the worst of the album, but it's not as terrible as I had surmised from the preview. I still don't like it, but it's at least acceptable for consumption as Eurobeat.

...in other words, still better than "I'm Superstar".
Well that's something I guess. Give it time - I have a feeling it might grow on you ;)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 02 Feb 2013, 21:04

Shake me with your body (Dave)
I wanna dance it with you (Futura)
Eurobeat desire (Mark Farina)
You gotta love me too (Cherry)

Can't you see
Gotta be free (Dave & Futura)
Following me
Get the power to be (Franz Tornado)
You crazy baby (Cherry, Niko)
Let me get the rhythm of your loving tonight (Kaioh, Domino)

S. E. B. 4 U maniacs (Everyone)
We wanna love you baby (Ace)
Surround me
Believe me (Mark Farina)
And my can light tonight my fire (Franz Tornado)
S. E. B. 4 U maniacs (Everyone)
And nothing else's so crazy (Ace)
Around you
Within you (David Dima)
Than you can try your best desire (Dave)

Everytime I feel good (Ace)
You're really following me (Cherry)
Eurobeat the fire (Fastway)
We're ready just for you (Domino)

This is my best guess using Amazing Slow Downer to create a slowed down version that allows me to enhance the vocal part and using previous songs and the list provided by SCP to determine the singers.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 02 Feb 2013, 21:35

This is a team project for super eurobeat
Let's feel the beat and move your body
Are you ready to dance all night long
Here we go, here we go, here go
Uh-uh-uh
Yo, check this out
Five, four, three, two one (DJ Boss)

:P

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Feb 2013, 21:43

MKwiakaku wrote:This is a team project for super eurobeat
Let's feel the beat and move your body
Are you ready to dance all night long
Here we go, here we go, here go
Uh-uh-uh
Yo, check this out
Five, four, three, two one (DJ Boss)

:P
I must be living in a facebook world, cause I had a sudden urge to click the "Like"-button after reading this!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2013, 22:05

I always thought he was saying "dream project" - but I guess team makes more sense ;)

Hoping that someone that has the physical album can post the "Wild Boys" lyrics soon ;)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 02 Feb 2013, 23:23

the_ditz wrote:I always thought he was saying "dream project" - but I guess team makes more sense ;)

Hoping that someone that has the physical album can post the "Wild Boys" lyrics soon ;)
It should be in the lyrics section of the main site.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?