Eurobeat in Tokyo

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 Jul 2012, 17:25

just follow http://parapara.kanpa-i.com/ for para events in japan. velfarre is closed and 9lovej stopped doing para so the only main events now SEF and starfire, but they're only monthly now so chances of going to them for visitors is slim since visitors usually don't stay a full month in japan. I like going to Disco 90s but it's only once every 2 weeks now. I just personally know more 2nd boom songs than saishin. B-1 is the only weekly event in Tokyo now, but it costs 3000 yen to enter with the 500 yen off flyer on the website. With the membership card it is 2000 yen though. They usually have 2 different rooms playing different eurobeat too. Disco 90s is much cheaper and only costs 1500 yen during happy hour (7pm to 8pm only) and you get 4 drink tickets.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 10 Jul 2012, 19:19

Tiger wrote:velfarre is closed
True. But Nicofarre is open and just had a Eurobeat Night recently: http://nicofarre.jp/event.php?id=122
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 10 Jul 2012, 22:20

zoupzuop2 wrote:
True. But Nicofarre is open and just had a Eurobeat Night recently: http://nicofarre.jp/event.php?id=122
it's not a regular event and it was just to promote a soccer event.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 11 Jul 2012, 06:27

Tiger wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:
it's not a regular event and it was just to promote a soccer event.
And the actual music part only went for like an hour lol. The panel section seemed interesting even if I couldn't understand most of it :D

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 12 Jul 2012, 03:37

Tiger wrote:just follow http://parapara.kanpa-i.com/ for para events in japan. velfarre is closed and 9lovej stopped doing para so the only main events now SEF and starfire, but they're only monthly now so chances of going to them for visitors is slim since visitors usually don't stay a full month in japan. I like going to Disco 90s but it's only once every 2 weeks now. I just personally know more 2nd boom songs than saishin. B-1 is the only weekly event in Tokyo now, but it costs 3000 yen to enter with the 500 yen off flyer on the website. With the membership card it is 2000 yen though. They usually have 2 different rooms playing different eurobeat too. Disco 90s is much cheaper and only costs 1500 yen during happy hour (7pm to 8pm only) and you get 4 drink tickets.
How often do you go to these places?

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 14 Jul 2012, 01:58

Bonkers wrote:
Tiger wrote:just follow http://parapara.kanpa-i.com/ for para events in japan. velfarre is closed and 9lovej stopped doing para so the only main events now SEF and starfire, but they're only monthly now so chances of going to them for visitors is slim since visitors usually don't stay a full month in japan. I like going to Disco 90s but it's only once every 2 weeks now. I just personally know more 2nd boom songs than saishin. B-1 is the only weekly event in Tokyo now, but it costs 3000 yen to enter with the 500 yen off flyer on the website. With the membership card it is 2000 yen though. They usually have 2 different rooms playing different eurobeat too. Disco 90s is much cheaper and only costs 1500 yen during happy hour (7pm to 8pm only) and you get 4 drink tickets.
How often do you go to these places?
when i was in tokyo in june i went to roppongi 8 times(3 disco 90s, 3 b-1, 1 magical rave, 1 SEF). I would LOVE to go back again next year since I can't go back again this year unfortunately. Trips to Japan are very special to me since, like most foreigners, I only get to go once every year.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 21 Jul 2012, 19:33

when i was in tokyo in june i went to roppongi 8 times(3 disco 90s, 3 b-1, 1 magical rave, 1 SEF)
Do you perhaps have some adresses? I would like to go there as well if possible, but I couldn't find it on internet..

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 21 Jul 2012, 22:01

EurothunderNL wrote:
when i was in tokyo in june i went to roppongi 8 times(3 disco 90s, 3 b-1, 1 magical rave, 1 SEF)
Do you perhaps have some adresses? I would like to go there as well if possible, but I couldn't find it on internet..
http://maharaja-r.jp/access/ Magical Rave, SEF, and Disco 90s are held here. There are some other events that sometimes play euro but it's like for 30mins at most so I don't go there. The easiest way to reach there is either by Oedo Exit 5 or Hibiya Exit 3 ("Roppongi Crossing"). They lead to the same street (Gaien Higashi Doori). Follow the map and find TGI Friday's. Once you reach TGI Friday's, take an immediate left until you see the double doors and the sign listing what's on every floor. You want to go to floor 5. The rest of the places are just restaurants I believe and there's some karaoke place. Image This is one of my pictures.

For B-1, there is a very nicely done map at http://www.roppongi-studioforum.com/ACCESS.html Really just make the same trip as you would to Maharaja Roppongi, but keep going past TGI Friday's and past Don Quixote until you see the intersection with Roppongi Grill and Subway. Go past the subway and the place is on your left, opposite studio FLOWER.
Image Entrance-way to Roppongi FORUM. Didn't make a very good picture of this, sorry. By the way, I missed it the first time I went because the complex is pretty dead at 7pm.

I don't have any experience going to Star Fire, but it's in Pasela Resorts Ginza at Benoa. http://www.benoa.jp/ginza/index.html address is here.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Jul 2012, 23:17

Mmmmm thanks, gotta mark those places down as well. I'm not sure how many clubs I'll have the chance to visit but deffo would enjoy seeing some parapara live, be it eurobeat or something else, preferably eurobeat naturally. I'm still being somewhat hopeful that there'd be a new eurobeat album out by the time I go to Japaneseyland so could get that when I'm in country.... but with my luck, no hope of such :p

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 22 Jul 2012, 07:05

Bore wrote:Mmmmm thanks, gotta mark those places down as well. I'm not sure how many clubs I'll have the chance to visit but deffo would enjoy seeing some parapara live, be it eurobeat or something else, preferably eurobeat naturally. I'm still being somewhat hopeful that there'd be a new eurobeat album out by the time I go to Japaneseyland so could get that when I'm in country.... but with my luck, no hope of such :p
Yeah... Maharaja Roppongi is the place that the lessons for Super Driver, Up & Dance, Up & Go, Kelly, Hyper Super Powers, Wacky-Wacky-O! etc. were filmed. Only at SEF though, which is a monthly event. Because of that, SEF is difficult for foreigners to go to.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 23 Jul 2012, 18:14

Thank you very much! Nice to see the pics too.
Yeah, septembers SEF (16 sept) is held when I'm NOT there...

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 23 Jul 2012, 18:33

For B1 event (Studioforum): It seems there are no events anymore. The last schedule on the internetsite dates from February and I couldn't send an e-mail...

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 23 Jul 2012, 22:11

EurothunderNL wrote:For B1 event (Studioforum): It seems there are no events anymore. The last schedule on the internetsite dates from February and I couldn't send an e-mail...
Superloose updates the time at this address: http://superloose.net/index.php?main_pa ... x&cPath=33 They still give advertisements on mixi for it as well.

Dunno what happened to the Studioforum website. Bad webmaster I guess.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 25 Jul 2012, 09:50

EurothunderNL wrote:As I am going to Tokyo as well in september please do!
You seem to already have gotten a good deal of pointers there. The website Tiger mentioned was what I was going to recommend as well. Star Fire (スターファイヤー), SEF and B-1 are the bread and butter.

In addition to the aforementioned three, I want to bring your attention to the two Kayabacho events, Parapara Now! (パラパラなう!) and Vacation. These are each held once a month, typically on the second Saturday and the last Sunday, respectively. The venue is called Wine & Darts D. This map will help you find there. Wonderful no-nonsense events, just dancing, great music and nice people. One of the DJs is an especially fun fellow, and a big fan of Finland, too :D
EurothunderNL wrote:have been in Velfarre at Super Euro Flash back in 2006, some months before it closed and even if I couldn't do the routines it was very c**l to be there.
I'm so envious!
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 25 Jul 2012, 20:10

Thanks! Perhaps Bore can go :) Because I'm in Tokyo between 8th and 14th sept. and these seems not the best euro data... (except the wednesday thing..)

But Velfarre was nice indeed. Great music and atmosphere..