Super Eurobeat 222

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 19 Mar 2013, 21:31

For people that can't access iTunes, I recorded the samples for you. Here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?xgejbej6kh4ih4n
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 19 Mar 2013, 22:49

Thanks Lebon.
Dima once again obliterating everything, strangers in the night wins the crown!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 19 Mar 2013, 23:25

Based on the samples, these are my impressions:

1. Ace - Dance in the Starlight

I really like this song, nothing over the top in the chorus nor anything, but I do love the riff alot.

2. Irene - Lovely

Worst song of the album. I can't believe they changed Irene's voice so much, what a shame, because when she sang Coolover, she showed such a strong awesome voice, so I don't understand why they would do the horrible deed that they did in chaning her voice to sound like crap.

3. Kaioh - Sunlight

This song sounds awesome! There might be some autotune in it, but used sparingly compared to Irene's song which just blows chunks.
Kaioh's voice really does sound awesome, and the melody is very good.

4. David Dima - Strangers in the Night

Even though this song doesn't sound like anything that new from Dima, and is a bit predictable, it does still retain that quality, mature sound, which I wish alot more Eurobeat songs these days would do, instead of going super hyper with high pitch japanese style voices, or super fast melodies.

5. Norma Sheffield - Gimme Love

I am surprised about this one. Her voice sounds improved by alot! The melody is really nice sounding, and I really appreciate how Sunfire is using the older slower sounds, which really makes me happy.

6. Cy-Ro - Dance on the Top of the Fire

Even though I am not that big of a fan of Hi NRG Attack because of alot of the immature sounds it has, this one actually has a very good riff to it!

7. Annalise - Nothing's gonna stop us tonight

I like this song, and I don't know why, maybe because Annerley sounds better than alot of the newer songs she released in the 200's. So far, Sunfire seems to be leading the way in this album in terms of quality and maturity.

8. Mark Farina - Last of Eurobeat

Already released before on junodownload, but it is pretty cool hearing from Mark Farina again. It does have a cool sound to it, but not my favourite by far from this album, but still a good sign of things that may come from Saifam. It has that Hi NRG attack sound to it, which is not really my favourite sound in Eurobeat, but still good to hear again from Mark Farina.

9. Cherry - Reborn My Fire

A Clara song with improved vocals? Check! A slower Clara song? Check! This sounds is just so awesome, and I love how the verse uses a bit of the melody from LESLIE PARISH - REMEMBER ME. Keep that fire burning, Clara!! Possibly the best song on this album for me. I'll wait and see if that changes when I hear it in full.

10. Dave & Future - Into the Moon

Ok, this song ruins what I said before about Sunfire's songs sounding good so far, because this song ruins it. Even though I appreciate the slower sound, I really can't stand the high pitched sound coming from Future. Please, please, save these voices if you are making Japanese Eurobeat and trying to attract 8-10 year old little Japanese school girls who think that everything that is cute or "kawaii" is cool.

11. Dream Fighters - You could be mine

Again, predictable song, but at least high quality vocals, and sound quality.
I guess I can't complain too much.

12. Garcon - Luck Lucky

Not my taste at all, immature sounding? Yes! Next song.

13. Lou Master - Boys do fall in Love

Lou's vocal quality is very high here. I do love his voice, and think overall this is a pretty good song, but not my favourite from him. I will have to wait and see until I hear the full version to see whether it really is a hit or miss..

14. Tora - Bad Joy

I'm loving the melody alot, but it does remind me alot of Dejo's last songs on SEB 221, except I again do not appreciate the high pitched vocals on here....

15. SEB All Stars feat. DJ Boss - SEB 4 U (Wild Mix)

The original one was a cool concept idea, but was not really a song I loved that much, and this one here doesn't really add THAT much to it based on the sample, except just more guitars in the riff.

16. Rich Hard - Wild Boys

I was scared that the faster BPM version was gonna sound way too fast, but this speed here actually sounds better than the version on SEB 221, even though I wish the vocals were a bit better....

So in the end, based just on the samples,
most anticipated track to hear in full is: Cherry - Reborn My Fire

Songs that interested me were:
Cherry - Reborn My Fire
Norma Sheffield - Gimme Love
Ace - Dance in the Starlight
Kaioh - Sunlight
David Dima - Strangers in the Night
Dream Fighters - You could be mine
Annalise - Nothing's gonna stop us tonight
and possibly Lou Master - Boys do fall in love

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 20 Mar 2013, 00:18

Nothing Gonna Stop Us Tonight is really gorgeous beyound belief..!!!...brilliant pick for SEB 202.

I agree with JP75 regarding Strangers In The Night..!!..it packs a great melodic punch..!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 20 Mar 2013, 01:02

Looks like Lou Master is the singer behind the song Mr. Heartbreak from Blast! back a few years ago. The resemblance is uncanny. I thought it was Nick Mansell but listening to the sample I immediately thought of Mr. Heartbreak.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 Mar 2013, 01:15

This wild mix of SEB 4 U is loads better than the one on 221, would have been a top 3 of mine if it was on 221. The samples I like so far,

Dance In The Starlight / Ace (My favourite sample so far)
Sunlight / Kaioh
Gimme Love / Norma Sheffield
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight / Annalise (A pleasant surprise, hope it would amaze me like Loverboy did)
Into The Moon / Dave & Futura
You Could Be Mine / Dream Fighters
Boys Do Fall In Love / Lou Master

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Mar 2013, 09:38

@lebon. Thaks for recording those samples. And at 640 kbps. awesome quality. very good deed for those us who don't do itunes .

once again smily's, so remeber this is the best score 8)

1. Ace - Dance in the Starlight (SCP)

Definately has a hy-brid SCP/Delta sound in the chorus's melody. This TIME around I think the shout outs hit the bullseye. Great pianos in the verses. Not too thrilled on how the melody goes down one notch in the bridge, but this is still one of the best previews from SCP. The backups in the chorus are also sounding cool.
:D :D

2. Irene - Lovely (SCP)

This is one of the worst previews I've heard from SCP since that "I Love My Dog" song back then... Not A big fan of Irene anyway, so no heartbreak.
:cry:

3. Kaioh - Sunlight (GoGo's Music)

This is actually the first song by this artist that really sings to me. Very powerful in the melody. The one thing I do not care for are those shouty shouts (GET UP; RISE UP). Whose idea was that? Anyway, AWSOME riff!

4. David Dima - Strangers in the Night (Dima music)

By the numbers Dima, but I love that. It does have that mature sound and I love the extra knick knacks during the verses. Sounds like a nice cool down period track.
:)

5. Norma Sheffield - Gimme Love (Sun Fire)

Sounding a bit like she did during her Sharon K. days at Vibration. Great melody. It's aishu, but with a bit of fire in the synths. Nice comeback. I'm glad I can still hear her accent.
:D

6. Cy-Ro - Dance on the Top of the Fire (HRG Attack)

This is my beloved aggressive style. Sounds like my favourit preview so far.Cy-Ro sounds great. I hear alot of magic during thosed verses. Sing your heart out Festari! I'm glad they feature the longest tracks on the cd.
8)

7. Annalise - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight (Sun Fire)

I hadda repeat the preview a few x before I actually got a feel for the song. I like the melody in the verses and bridge. The riff sounds like the weak link of this song. Not too thrilled plus I need to hear more.
:|

8. Mark Farina - Last of Eurobeat (Saifam)

My favourit preview falls inbetween; Cy-Ro and my man, Farina. This song has some MEGA power running through it. I can hear the piano beats during the verses and the chorus is one of the best for Boom Boom Beat in years. I probobly lean towards Farina's song as my favourite, because it's so damn fresh to have him back and because he says "Boom Boom" in the chorus.
8)

9. Cherry - Reborn My Fire (Delta)

Clara sounds a bit different in the verses. I liked her vocal style best when at TIME, but here she sounds a bit different. One the bridge and chorus kick in, she sounds better. You hear that echo in the chorus. I love that effect and the way it sounds like "Reburn My Fire". Loving the riff too.I think the is better suited for her Leslie Parrish alias, but that's just ne knick knacking. :P
:D

10. Dave & Future - Into the Moon (Sun Fire)

This is an amazing preview. Dave sounds tremendouz! I'm still not sure if Futura is his best choice for duets, but the song makes up for her amature vocal style. His duets always take me back to his days at FLEA label. I always thought she would sound right at home at HRG Attack studios. Can't wait to hear the intro.
8)

11. Dream Fighters - You Could Be Mine

Sounds like it might be A little too much like track four. I hear a little more fire, so I prefer this one , but barely. It does have the Dream Fighters sound. That hi-hat throughout the song makes alot of Dima's songs have the same sound. I crave something more like "Stormbringer"
:)

12. Garcon - Luck Lucky (HRG Attack)

has a great sing along chorus. I feel good everyTIME this preview rolls along. The synth riff sounds a bit old school and the chimes are back. WOW! Definately one of top 5 previews.

13. Lou Master - Boys Do Fall In Love (SCP)

If Robin had sung this version; his song would have been one of my 80's favs. Interesting cover. I'm sure I'm gonna love this one. I hear alot of umph in the chorus. Wonder if this is one of Lou's favs from the 80's?

14. Tora - Bad Joy (Sinclaire Style)

I think this preview sounded better on youtube trailer. I'm getting a bit annoyed with those baby sounding synths in the backround. Strip´s the song from it's power and I'm not a fan of her vocals. She sounds to be recorded too far behind the music?
:cry:

15. SEB All Stars feat. DJ Boss - SEB 4 U (Wild Mix)

The question is wether or not they stripped D.J. Boss away? Other wise the added guitar sounds won't really save the song. It does make sound faster though. You never know; I might like it better?
:|

16. Rich Hard - Wild Boys (Sun Fire)
This sounds like a when you try to mix an early 90's Eurobeat vinyl with an 2000s Eurobeat vinyl. Aweful warping of vocals. I too prefer the version on SEB 221. Faster does not necessarly mean better. I think I would rather have the extended of that Irene song than this wasted space :???: yeah; that's how bad this preview sounds.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So my top 5 previews are as follows:

1. Mark Farina
2. Cy-Ro
3. Dave & Futura
4. Garcon
5. Lou Master, Ace and Kaio(In that order)

4 & 5 could change once I hear the entire song, but I'm pretty set on 1-3 by the samples alone.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 20 Mar 2013, 17:56

I gave in and listened to a few samples! :o

Norma sounded really good, like her voice is brand new! The HRG tracks were really good, but the Cherry track sounded kind of exhausted. It didn't feel like she had any strength and neither did the song. I'll have to listen closely to the full version tomorrow because I really don't want that to be the case :cry:

EDIT: It's not as bad as I first thought it was, but I still really want to hear the full version

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 20 Mar 2013, 21:33

i cant believe that cherry song is getting any positive critique. it's so uninspired and perhaps one of the worst capaldi productions ive ever heard. i used to be the biggest delta fan but this is ridiculous.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 20 Mar 2013, 23:29

taQ wrote:i cant believe that cherry song is getting any positive critique. it's so uninspired and perhaps one of the worst capaldi productions ive ever heard. i used to be the biggest delta fan but this is ridiculous.
Different fans different strokes
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 21 Mar 2013, 00:47

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Mar 2013, 01:22

after reading the liner notes for Kaioh - Sunlight, even though we thought that Gogo's music could have merged with SCP, the liner notes still say that the song belongs to Gogo's music. But again, sometimes these lables on SEB albums have been mislabeled, but I actually believe this one is true, and that it is made by Gogo, and not SCP.

Also, unfortunately for SEB 4 U, DJ Boss is still in it.....

I'm loving Clara's song though (the volume on her voice during the verses has gone louder, making it much easier to hear any errors in singing, which might be good or bad depending on whether one thinks she has a weakened voice or not, but I actually admire she did that, because alot of her newer songs were really making her voice sound drownded with all the music put upfront. I actually think it sounds great, contrary to what others have said on here. I've always liked her slower sounding songs in comparison to her faster songs. Her best time was definately during the 1986-1991 era.

I also enjoyed Annalise, and Lou Master, who might actually take the big win as the best song on the album, along with Kaioh's Sunlight, and the 2 Dima tracks are pretty good, even though repetitive.

After hearing the full version of Irene's song, I still think it's the worst, which is a shame because the music isn't that bad, and had the potential to be a good song if she wasn't robotic for the ENTIRE song...

Tora's song and also Dave & Futura's were not as bad after hearing them in full, compared to what I first thought from the previews, but they are still by far not my favourites.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 21 Mar 2013, 02:04

synthjunkie wrote:after reading the liner notes for Kaioh - Sunlight, even though we thought that Gogo's music could have merged with SCP, the liner notes still say that the song belongs to Gogo's music. But again, sometimes these lables on SEB albums have been mislabeled, but I actually believe this one is true, and that it is made by Gogo, and not SCP.
however, it says produced at ritmo & blu, so it was using SCP's equiptment.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Mar 2013, 02:14

Vadim wrote:Nothing Gonna Stop Us Tonight is really gorgeous beyound belief..!!!...brilliant pick for SEB 222.

I agree with JP75 regarding Strangers In The Night..!!..it packs a great melodic punch..!
Fixed.

@drnrg : It's V0 i.e. average bitrate of 240kbps. 640kbps MP3 doesn't exist. Also, the Wild Boys version featured here is the original version. That means that IT WAS MEANT TO BE AT THAT SPEED TO BEGIN WITH. The version on SEB221 was a mastering error. Yes, you are lucky to have an error that dropped the BPM from 150 to 138.8 BPM.

For my p-o-v on the samples, well... I'm gonna write my review once I get my album (probably next week) and you'll see there. My first impression was positive though.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zyx
Euro To B

Post by zyx » 21 Mar 2013, 04:42

AFAIK there are no plans for SCP to merge with GGM in the near future.

This was not the follow-up to 221 I was expecting.

Out of SCP's four entries, the only standout was Sunlight.

I can see the appeal for Boys Fall In Love, but Lou Master's voice sounded out of place. Jay Lehr's would've been better suited for something much less aggressive like this.
Despite that, I was hoping for a more 80s / pop-influenced take but instead got left with this strange Eurobeat Disney vibe from the riff and nothing else that was noteworthy or memorable - a common theme throughout the album.

Lovely was unlistenable because they turned Irene into a vocaloid drone.

I'm definitely finding more bad than good from this album so I'll just say that the rest of the album is not necessarily terrible, but I can't find much replay value in it. I was hoping that the revival of the series would create a shift in quality but it seems 221 may be an exception to a trend that won't be reversed for a long time.

Standouts
-SUNLIGHT
-BAD JOY
-LAST OF EUROBEAT