Super Eurobeat 222

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Mar 2013, 07:26

Lebon14
@drnrg : It's V0 i.e. average bitrate of 240kbps. 640kbps MP3 doesn't exist.
That's an eye opener, but not exactly a good one at all. :(

I have many mp3s from Newfield himself that read well into the 700kbps and the mbs are also higher. I used to boast that I had the highest mp3 quality in town, now I'm not sure?

They sure sound great though. I mean better than a 320kbp. :???:
Also, the Wild Boys version featured here is the original version. That means that IT WAS MEANT TO BE AT THAT SPEED TO BEGIN WITH. The version on SEB221 was a mastering error. Yes, you are lucky to have an error that dropped the BPM from 150 to 138.8 BPM.

Yeah,Way lucky. :) Someone at the mixing table nust've heard that original version and thought "What a joke" ?

Anyway, I've been listening to those previews a lot Today and I think my initial thoughts will probly change once I hear the songs in thier entirely.

That Irene sample with it's "galloping" bassline is kinda starting to sound a bit like the style used at Stil Novo record label. Those of you who have heard that label might pick up on that. I'm starting to like it more and since I was never really up on Irene's vocals; I really kinda just hear an x hyped HRG Attack female singer, so it really doesn't bug me as much. That bassline is cool. All it would need is a cool powerful intro and I'll be sold. Probly not gonna happen though... :P

Also starting to like the Garcon sample more than Cy-Ro's. Cy-Ro's song is great, but I feel I just got that style from SEB 221, so the Garcon sample, with it's old school soundworlds ,is sounding very attractive.

Yeah, I'm definately gonna have a change of mind when I hear the entire songs.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 Mar 2013, 07:38

Are you sure they are MP3's you're listening to, and not any other format? .ogg files can go higher, and raw data from a cd is usually 1411 kbps. ;)

As for the Irene vocals... please, SCP, don't do that ever again. It's like you're trying to imitate Disko Warp, and they use those vocal effects because they don't have any decent vocalists. :\

I'm still listening to the rest for the first time now. :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Mar 2013, 08:57

MKwiakaku
Are you sure they are MP3's you're listening to, and not any other format? .ogg files can go higher, and raw data from a cd is usually 1411 kbps. ;)

Yeah, They are mp3s

eg. Here is one from Newfield.
MP3 Vicky Vale- Italo Beat Boy 711 kbps 12.3 MB.

That's what the file reads and that's what appears on my player. So who am I to say otherwise?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 Mar 2013, 14:54

Now I'm just curious. How long is the track? 6:05 minutes?

Because in that case, 12.5 MB (102400 kbit) per 6:05 minutes (365 seconds) makes an average of 280.54... kbps. I guess it's V0 (variable, highest quality), so it's probably your player that can't read those files correctly. :P!

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 21 Mar 2013, 17:27

Been listening to 222 for a while now, and I can safely say that the SEB 4 U Wild Mix and the faster Wild Boys are a total waste of space. SEB 4 U doesn't bring much new, only some guitar and the mixing is slightly different. The fast version of Wild Boys actually made me appreciate the original. At 150bpm it sounds horrible, anything would've been better than that track.

Reborn My Fire sounds flat and exhausted all around, there's no power and as a Delta and Clara Moroni fanboy it hurts my soul to say that. I hope this is an old, rejected song and Delta will return to full glory in 223.

Sunlight is definitely one of the best songs on there, Federico Pasquini sounds more mature than before and the song itself is refreshingly energetic.

After listening to Lovely a few times I stopped being bothered by Irene's vocals. I really like Lovely, and if they had let the vocals really shine without effects it would've been even better.

Gimme Love sounds very Norma Sheffield-y. I greatly prefer the sparkly bells of Norma songs of old, so the powerful synth sounded a bit out of place for me, but that's only in the sabi.

HRG surprised me with two tracks that were fun listening to. The sing-along, dancing when no one's looking kind of fun.

SinclaireStyle have had 3 amazing tracks so far, so I have high hopes for his next song. Bad Joy fits snugly between Lovin' Eurobeat and Boys Gone Wild.

Not as good as 221, but I'm hyped for the return of Delta and whatever the other labels can do!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 21 Mar 2013, 19:38

taQ wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:after reading the liner notes for Kaioh - Sunlight, even though we thought that Gogo's music could have merged with SCP, the liner notes still say that the song belongs to Gogo's music. But again, sometimes these lables on SEB albums have been mislabeled, but I actually believe this one is true, and that it is made by Gogo, and not SCP.
however, it says produced at ritmo & blu, so it was using SCP's equiptment.
The story behind Sunlight was it was completely written by Kaioh around the time SEB 4 U was being made. It was produced by Stefano at Ritmo & Blu. So it's an SCP & GoGos collaboration in a sense. As far as I know it's considered an SCP track but they might have listed GoGos since its a collaboration.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 21 Mar 2013, 20:19

well there goes the hope that those weak synths are gone for good ^_^

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Mar 2013, 21:25

MKwiakaku wrote:Now I'm just curious. How long is the track? 6:05 minutes?

Because in that case, 12.5 MB (102400 kbit) per 6:05 minutes (365 seconds) makes an average of 280.54... kbps. I guess it's V0 (variable, highest quality), so it's probably your player that can't read those files correctly. :P!
Spot on, Mudkip!
320kbps+ MP3 files just doesn't exist. You should get another music player and it should make you see the light of day.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Mar 2013, 21:38

Lebon14
Spot on, Mudkip!
320kbps+ MP3 files just doesn't exist. You should get another music player and it should make you see the light of day.
it's like I explained to Mudkip.

It's not the player.

If you open the properties tab on the mp3; it's exactly what it reads. The player is just showing it.

Another one I have. I don't remeber if its my own CD rip or something sent to me.
Mellisa White- Promised Discoland
493 kbps 8.03mbs(properties tab reads the same as player showcases.)
It might not exist, but that's what it reads.

but if I did get another player, then I'm guessing, since I allready get such high readouts, they should all(mp3) just read 320, right.

I p.m.d you one of my own mp3s so you can compare. :wink:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 21 Mar 2013, 22:12

Some more impressions of SEB 222 so far:

-I'm kinda digging the Irene song the more I listen to it. Definitely wouldn't what I would call an "Irene" song...I would haven given it a different alias. I kinda like the robotic voice given the singer.

-Looking at the lyrics to Sunlight, I can appreciate the song even more.

-Ace's song is the definite standout of the album. I enjoy when he does the more aggressive songs versus his more aishu eurobeat selections.

-Lou Master's cover! Yes, yes, yes! I know SCP doesn't tred into cover territory very often, but they certainly picked a good one and with a great vocalist to cover a fun song.

-My two biggest compliants are the 2 Dima songs and the 2 HI-NRG Attack songs....blech! I loved David back in his Vibration days, but his songs all sound the same since he came back onto SEB with his own label. I don't know what it is about his style, but I just can't get behind it. And HI-NRG Attack! Where is the fun? My favourite era for that label was the 140s to the 170s--they have gone with this period post-italo-disco phase where their sounds are just blech. Gimme something new and fun.

-I may be alone, but I just love every entry from Roberta since her days as Robbie Grain back on Delta so it comes as no surprise that I love her "Bad Joy" on this album. It just has that fun super-hyper sugary sound that I love from Sinclaire Style.

More to come.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 21 Mar 2013, 23:12

thejti wrote:
taQ wrote:
synthjunkie wrote:after reading the liner notes for Kaioh - Sunlight, even though we thought that Gogo's music could have merged with SCP, the liner notes still say that the song belongs to Gogo's music. But again, sometimes these lables on SEB albums have been mislabeled, but I actually believe this one is true, and that it is made by Gogo, and not SCP.
however, it says produced at ritmo & blu, so it was using SCP's equiptment.
The story behind Sunlight was it was completely written by Kaioh around the time SEB 4 U was being made. It was produced by Stefano at Ritmo & Blu. So it's an SCP & GoGos collaboration in a sense. As far as I know it's considered an SCP track but they might have listed GoGos since its a collaboration.
Thanks for the clarification and extra info :)

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 22 Mar 2013, 01:51

para_rigby wrote: -My two biggest compliants are the 2 Dima songs and the 2 HI-NRG Attack songs....blech!
could not agree more about hrg. im still a big fan, but these two songs...its like they dont even have the goofy/fun aspect going for them anymore.

regarding dima, im sure everyone feels the same, especially because theyre both davide songs against the two hrg songs both being nick songs. however in dima's case, i feel like the songs are still some what fresh, ESPECIALLY you could be mine, which i have grown to love.
para_rigby wrote: I may be alone, but I just love every entry from Roberta since her days as Robbie Grain back on Delta so it comes as no surprise that I love her "Bad Joy" on this album. It just has that fun super-hyper sugary sound that I love from Sinclaire Style.
you are absolutely not alone on that, Bad Joy is my favorite track. I have been plugging it on FB like crazy since they posted the preview and now that it's on itunes. i love roberta's songs but this one has outstanding production as well.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 22 Mar 2013, 02:40

taQ wrote: regarding dima, im sure everyone feels the same, especially because theyre both davide songs against the two hrg songs both being nick songs. however in dima's case, i feel like the songs are still some what fresh, ESPECIALLY you could be mine, which i have grown to love.
The Dream Fighter song is actually a new vocalist with Dima background vocals.

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 22 Mar 2013, 02:41

hi everyone !! long time no see :)

I got really hyped with this album and with free time on my hands and a few plays of the cd i decided to write a full review of what i think , i see also everyone has different views so it might be interesting !!

DANCE IN THE STARLIGHT / ACE : 9/10
like someone else on the boards said , i haven't been anticipating an Ace song since Futureland!! This song is beyond expectation for me because mainly of the intro (those hard synth sounds) and the synth solo near the end made the whole difference. I also looove how Irene is backing on vocals , gives me sort of a Blast! feel to it. The vocal melody is also filled with NRG which is great coming from Ace. The only reason im not giving it a perfect note is i feel this song could have been slightly faster for it to be perfect :p but now its still an amazing song!

LOVELY / IRENE : 8/10
now now this is where everyone seems in disagreement :p yes Irene's vocals are strange and robotic , but they don't sound that horrible.. do they ? I agree she has amazing vocals with no mods but still i don't blame her for wanting to try something different ... also Lovely's beat and riff is just so so much better than her last one Every Heart Wanna Fly. I never really hate a Eurobeat song per se (Eurobeat is awesome however it sounds IMO) but still Every Heart Wanna Fly was one of the most boring songs i ever heard from the Eurobeat world :S All this to say i personally think Lovely is a good , cute Eurobeat song and that i hope someday Irene will treat us with a new song with vocals like she did in Love Is The Name Of Love <3

SUNLIGHT / KAIOH : 10/10
I just love this song , perfect hit. Freddy's vocals sound much better and sexier than before! The energy in this song and the synth pads are incredible and it's a great song to dance too. I hope Gogo's Music will officially merge with SCP or at least stay at their studios for a while (which seems the case now :p)

STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT / DAVID DIMA : 8/10
I finally like a David Dima song. The last song i really loved was probably Are You Ready To Fly , but there were so much elements missing to the song , before that one , it probably goes to 1Week with Krystal , they never topped a song more than that one in my opinion... this time the song seems more complete then AYRTF even though i felt like he totally rehashed the riff from Shock The Night / Joe Tempest. Still a good song nevertheless and will play this one often.

GIMME LOVE / NORMA SHEFFIELD : 7/10
Not the biggest aishu eurobeat fan to start with , but there's something about the aishu style @ SunFire that i like a lot though. The riff is pretty good for a Norma song and i also like her vocals on this one. Seems like she's also one of the only artists from the original ABeatC to have followed Rodgers @ Sunfire which is something nice when you think about it.

DANCE TO THE TOP OF FIRE / CY-RO : 6/10
ohh Hi-NRG Attack ... what used to be my favorite Eurobeat label. I remember the days when i used to hope HRG would open a Super Eurobeat album with a smashing NRG song. (SEB 182 anyone ?) This song is not a bad one though , but i feel like none of their songs since Manga Super Robot were memorable. This is still one of the better songs that I do enjoy , the riff is pretty good and the vocal melody as well!! but im pretty sure in a couple of weeks I wont be listening it anymore..

NOTHING IS GONNA STOP US / ANNALISE : 9/10
Annalise is one of those Eurobeat artists that grew on me with time. I used to not bother much about her songs (except King&Queen alias) but i now I listen to songs like With Your Photograph and Loverboy often and really like her style. This song is no exception. A lot of producers behind this song and we can see why. I like the power and calmness of this song and it goes along the lines of her other songs for sure. A lot better then Love Toy (which is a song i did like also). On another note , it's just awesome we get treated with unreleased AbeatC songs like this. I hope they do the same with TIME soon and im still waiting to hear Go Go Wonder / NEO since many years :)

LAST OF EUROBEAT / MARK FARINA : 10/10
The real return of Asia Records finally !!!! This song is so amazing and full of energy just like he used to do them before. His last song i really liked was probably Jinga in 2009? Rainbow was good but still the Mark Farina hiatus did a lot of good it seems ... Wasn't sure about the synth hook at first but after a couple of listens i got really used to it and I find myself saying this is one of the best songs on the album! good job Saifam :)

REBORN MY FIRE / CHERY : 7/10
I dont know what to think .. I usually really like Delta , but Cherry has done much better in the past even alone with Capaldi. The sabi is nice though. The riff has a nice melody but it misses something too.. I do like this song overall , but I do miss Newfield, and Capaldi's style is getting old after almost 3 years now with the new DMI label. Reviens-nous Newfield !!

INTO THE MOON / DAVE & FUTURA : 8/10
I really like this song and I had a bad impression before hearing it ! I was really surprised by the riff , sounds very familiar for some reason... I really like vocals from both Dave and Futura , Futura has grown on me with time … This is of course no Dance In My Town (I adore this song in Extended Original version .. was more slow then on 197) but still it's a very good song :)

YOU COULD BE MINE / DREAM FIGHTERS : 8/10
I still don't know what to think … you can see Davide is a good lyricist , the vocal melody is amazing , you can feel the power .. but something is missing for it to be like in the older days. The riff is nothing memorable , maybe that's the problem ? I still do like this song , maybe I need more listens to , or a dance to go with it ? … Strangers In The Night is more on my playlist though. Also there is a new producer on this album with Dima ; Maria Parker ? Wonder who she is..

LUCKY LUCKY / GARCON : 5/10
I usually skip this song .. the Cy-Ro song was not so bad but this one I cant even remember the rhythm when im not listening the song , the riff is the only thing I like about this song and that's the whole 5 points I gave. Still waiting to hear Nicofarre :)

BOYS (DO FALL IN LOVE) / LOU MASTER : 9/10
this song is pure happiness :p I really love it !! Very different from Lou Master's last entry .. I also like the little synth part between each a-melo very cool :) The speed , the energy , the vocals everything seems just perfect (I mean , what to expect from SCP anyways ?). The only downside I might find is the weird synth they used in the riff (right?) but after a couple of listens I got really used to it definitely. When I first heard the original Robin Gibb version I had no clue how he would translate that to Eurobeat .. well ill never underestimate Lou Master again :p Get Yourself The Real Thang seemed like a great song too hope it will get released in the future..

BAD JOY / TORA : 10/10
Bad Joy is just perfect IMO !! brand new song by my adolescent years favorite singer Roberta Grana :) (I used to overplay her hyper techno songs so bad with my childhood friend) its good to hear her again .. thing is this time it's her best eurobeat song with SinclaireStyle ever. When she started in SinclaireStyle we had her songs that felt watered down at sometimes (the older Sinclaire issues etc..) but I hoped so much that the new Sinclaire experimentations with Dejo would have a chance with Roberta and im glad to see that yes!! The riff is amazing and I love the melody in the a-melo. Bratt Sinclaire is all about melody lines and you can see he made no exception for this song .. can't wait to dance on this one!!

SEB 4 U (WILD MIX) / SEB ALL STARS : 8/10
SEB 4 U the power mix is originally my second favorite song on SEB 221 (after Kiss) but I mean the difference between Kiss and SEB 4 U is that SEB 4 U is a pure anthem. I would understand why avex & SCP would want to overplay/over remix this song. I have to say guitars in the riff is a dangerous game IMO when you get to Eurobeat but Andrea Martongelli is a genius in his field. I think this remix sounds good , it's nice to see this song I like so much getting a remix , but I prefer the Power Mix for sure.

WILD BOYS / RICK HARD : 7/10 (SEB 221 note : 8/10)
Here I would be tempted to say its a waste of space , but at the same time I think it's very respectful for the artist what happened here. Cause he was kinda pissed when he listened to his song that got slowed the shit down (yes I kinda take some blame for this -_- im the one who kinda made realize Rich how slow his song became and he talked to avex after..haha) … This is also where we see who is in charge now; DJ Boss. With 7A as boss, probably this kind of conflict would have never even be bothered with , im very happy how Avex handled it. Is the song good either speed ? Yes. Is this a waste of space ? Yes unfortunately.

Overall very good album !! Doesn't have the same impact as 221 that I agree , but nonetheless both have amazing songs. I wont write the top3/bottom3 songs because its pretty obvious :p I have the same issue as everyone with HRG and Dima but I dont think the songs are bad though

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 22 Mar 2013, 02:48

Will154 wrote: YOU COULD BE MINE / DREAM FIGHTERS : 8/10
I still don't know what to think … you can see Davide is a good lyricist , the vocal melody is amazing , you can feel the power .. but something is missing for it to be like in the older days. The riff is nothing memorable , maybe that's the problem ? I still do like this song , maybe I need more listens to , or a dance to go with it ? … Strangers In The Night is more on my playlist though. Also there is a new producer on this album with Dima ; Maria Parker ? Wonder who she is..
What's missing is artistic freedom Dima once had. I can definitely see Avex saying to him "we want more dance happy para para style" to him. I miss the freer Dima.