"Clarity (Odyssey Eurobeat Mix)" needs Votes!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

"Clarity (Odyssey Eurobeat Mix)" needs Votes!

Post by zoupzuop2 » 04 Feb 2013, 04:26

http://remix.zedd.net/tracks/1048

Another remix contest... please give it a listen and vote for it if you find it to your liking. :x
Last edited by zoupzuop2 on 04 Feb 2013, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 04 Feb 2013, 05:00

Hey Travis, can you share a WAV of your remix (and maybe the instrumental and acapella if you can).

P.S I love the song and I voted for it!! (and commented on your soundcloud page)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 04 Feb 2013, 05:36

Lebon14 wrote:Hey Travis, can you share a WAV of your remix (and maybe the instrumental and acapella if you can).

P.S I love the song and I voted for it!! (and commented on your soundcloud page)
Sadly I don't think I can give away the WAV right now. The Acapella is available for free download on Zedd's Soundcloud.

I'm glad you enjoyed the remix! I really tried to give it my 110%!!
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 04 Feb 2013, 07:19

Holy balls, that was amazing. I really enjoyed the sabi and the vocals the most, but I was still totally surprised at the little solo you put in :D

Between Gone and Luna, I really think this is one of your best songs IMO

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Feb 2013, 08:22

Having never heard of this song or Zedd; for that matter, before tonight, I decided to listen to it on YOutube before listening to your remix(Something I never do)

The original isn't bad at all. It doesn't contain any rapping nor Skrillex effects and basically just a pop song with dance elements thrown in. I still much rather prefer indi Alternative voclas from bands like M83 and Empire Of The Sun to these Justin Beiber/Evan Taubenfeld style young boy comming of age vocals, but the overall expirience was pleasant. I can even hear why you chose that song to remix in Eurobeat style. It's in the melody.

Your remix completely gives the song another dimension. It falls perfectly into the Eurobeat genre. Your synth riffs are always great. I always hear a bit of HRG Attack and slight DELTA in the key progressions. More HRG than DELTA, but this particaular song could easliy be sung by Clara or Sara on DELTA label. Maybe Even Stephy if slowed down a little. I would only change the vocals since Zedd sounds a bit too much like Justin Beiber, but other than that it sounds SEB worthy. Great intro and that Synth solo towards the end; man that's the kicker. It Needs a bit of spoken Ken Blast in the intro and break IMOP. If you somehow got the rights to it and could present the remix to DELTA(sans Zedd's vocals); I would let it be your first duet with ex female vocalist. It just screams of being a Eurobeat duet. Amazing piano outro.

This one is my favourite of your remixes. It shows a natural knack for choosing a song that fits Eurobeat percetly.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 04 Feb 2013, 08:39

drnrg wrote:Having never heard of this song or Zedd; for that matter, before tonight, I decided to listen to it on YOutube before listening to your remix(Something I never do)

The original isn't bad at all. It doesn't contain any rapping nor Skrillex effects and basically just a pop song with dance elements thrown in. I still much rather prefer indi Alternative voclas from bands like M83 and Empire Of The Sun to these Justin Beiber/Evan Taubenfeld style young boy comming of age vocals, but the overall expirience was pleasant. I can even hear why you chose that song to remix in Eurobeat style. It's in the melody.

Your remix completely gives the song another dimension. It falls perfectly into the Eurobeat genre. Your synth riffs are always great. I always hear a bit of HRG Attack and slight DELTA in the key progressions. More HRG than DELTA, but this particaular song could easliy be sung by Clara or Sara on DELTA label. Maybe Even Stephy if slowed down a little. I would only change the vocals since Zedd sounds a bit too much like Justin Beiber, but other than that it sounds SEB worthy. Great intro and that Synth solo towards the end; man that's the kicker. It Needs a bit of spoken Ken Blast in the intro and break IMOP. If you somehow got the rights to it and could present the remix to DELTA(sans Zedd's vocals); I would let it be your first duet with ex female vocalist. It just screams of being a Eurobeat duet. Amazing piano outro.

This one is my favourite of your remixes. It shows a natural knack for choosing a song that fits Eurobeat percetly.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Drnrg! Only one minor correction, Zedd isn't the singer, he just produced/composed/wrote it. The singer is "Foxes", a woman who does indie stuff on the side if I'm not mistaken. (Actually, he worked with "Matthew Koma" on Spectrum, who also sounds somewhat femme I guess.)
Join me on an Odyssey.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 04 Feb 2013, 09:24

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 04 Feb 2013, 13:28

Zedd is amazing! He's one of the reasons why I don't listen to eurobeat much anymore, haha.

Nice remix. I still listen to your 'Spectrum' remix occasionally too.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 Feb 2013, 15:00

The original version of this track is currently one of three massive weekend anthems I have that I blast at full volume every day at least once to make me smile. Because of this I find it hard to get into this mix fully, but I'll keep listening to hope that changes. Best of luck ;)