Super Eurobeat 223

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 May 2013, 17:33

Samples are up on Japanese iTunes :grin:

*What I like sample-wise:
*Walking Alone in London/ Megan
*Crazy Little Love/ Nuage
*Miss You/ Mickey B.
*Flying Free/ Stephy Martini
*Overjoy/ Leslie Parrish (this is the Clara vocal work I know and love! Is Travis involved in this melody?)
*Tearful Eyes/ Les
*Welcome to the Show/ Tanith & Dark Evil (this easily will be a controversial track, but in love with the blend of euro and hyper techno!)

WTF Tracks
*Tonight In Paradise/ Belight (maybe the first SCP track I don't like. It's weird)
*Ringtone/ Boris (I can't describe why I'm not a fan...maybe the Russian melodies in eurobeat have been way overdone at this point)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 14 May 2013, 20:13

after listening to the samples,
the songs i liked were:

dave rodgers - into the sunrise
david dima - heart's on fire
nuage - crazy little love (kinda trancey, but good)
powerful t - magic car
mickey b. - miss you
jilly - make me wonder
rich hard - blue (very different kind of riff, very original and long)
stephy martin - flying free (a bit of autotune on the first part of the a-melody, but isn't bad at all, and the rest is very good)
leslie parrish - overjoy (very happy sounding and much faster compared to her song on her last album)
les - tearful eyes (amazing, beautiful part just before the chorus comes in)
tanith & dark evil - welcome to the show

songs i didn't like very much:
belight - tonight in paradise (it's just too happy sounding, and the vocals are too high pitched sounding for me)
baby gold - amazing love (not a fan of too happy high pitched vocals, however i did like the riff on this one)

pretty good album, with only a few that i didn't like.
might be better than the last album, just waiting until to hear them all in full for a proper review.

top 3:
les - tearful eyes
powerful t. - magic car
stephy martin - flying free

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 May 2013, 20:53

An order of previews coming right up! (~23min (1½min*15 + ½sec between each track), MP3 format)

MEGA
SendSpace
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 14 May 2013, 20:59

Listened to a few and really liked what I heard, but I'll restrain myself from listening more until the CD arrives. :grin:

I think it'll make hearing the full versions of the SinclaireStyle tracks that much more satisfying!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 14 May 2013, 22:18

some pretty terrible songs on this album

only song i like from the 1:30 samples is tearful eyes / les

i'm more of a 2nd boom person though so yeah...

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 May 2013, 22:47

para_rigby wrote: *Overjoy/ Leslie Parrish (this is the Clara vocal work I know and love! Is Travis involved in this melody?)
Yes. Yes I am, with the whole composition. :3c
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 May 2013, 22:58

1. INTO THE SUNRISE / DAVE RODGERS
A mostly mediocre Dave song. The otherwise good chorus is ruined by terrible vocal delivery. :|

2. TONIGHT IN PARADSE / BELIGHT
Oh dear lord. I love light, cheery eurobeat just as much as the other person, but this just turns me off. I feel like I'm listening to something on a PBS kids program with this. Terrible production, really atrocious chorus, I can tell I'm not going to like this one bit. :(

3. HEART'S ON FIRE / DAVID DIMA
Extremely pedestrian chorus, but flash-forward to the riff and verses, and this is actually kind of catchy. :| / :)

4. WALKING ALONE IN LONDON / MEGAN
Sorry, Leonardi, but whatever approach you're taking with your female tracks these days is not working. The warped vocal enhancers completely backfire against the tune here. The tune sounds kind of elegant, but the shrill production just destroys it. :( / :|

5. CRAZY LITTLE LOVE / NUAGE
Meh, Nuage has had far stronger tracks in the past. This one just bores me to tears. :(

6. MAGIC CAR / POWERFUL T.
Again, I do not like the production quality here at all. Powerful T.'s performance is full of luster, but the dullness in the backdrop spoils it completely. :|

7. MISS YOU / MICKEY B.
Wow, this has got to be the worst Mickey B. song ever, by far. It's still more interesting than Nuage's song, but it's shockingly dull, nonetheless. :|

8. MAKE ME WONDER / LILLY
Ahh, it's nice to finally hear a fresh female out of HRG after two albums of Festari only. Though this is still eons away from the label's greatest tracks, it's not too bad. :)

9. BLUE / RICH HARD
Definitely a return to classic Rich Hard, but otherwise I must say this isn't that interesting. :|

10. FLYING FREE / STEPHY MARTIN
Hmm, sounds like a mid-late 2000's SCP disco fest. Anyway, I'm enjoying this, but Stefy has had better. :)

11. AMAZING LOVE / BABY GOLD
Overpowering chorus, repetitive synthline, and okay verses. :|

12. RINGTONE / BORIS
Another production with a Russian flavor, I suppose that's Boris' theme. Anyway, I really enjoy this one, though it sounds a little more similar to Shalaka Boom than I would've liked. :) / :D

13. OVERJOY / LESLIE PARRISH
Yechh, what a horrible chorus. IClara is capable of so much better, unless years of cigarettes have finally caught up to her ability to sing. It's a relatively solid tune, but the implementation is completely botched up. Totally forgettable and disappointing sample. Doesn't sound like any improvement over Relight My Fire, sadly. :( / :|

14. TEARFUL EYES / LES
Sheesh, this album sure has a thing with horrible choruses. Listening to this track again, I can't help but declare it a complete mess. The tune is totally unexciting, and the production is just ridiculously overpowering. :(

15. WELCOME TO THE SHOW / TANITH & DARK EVIL
Yikes. Really cold production, and absolutely horrible vocal exchange between Ennio and Linda across the whole structure. One of the worst experiments to ever cross SEB. :(

An absolutely terrible batch of samples. Sounds even worse than SEB 222. I'm starting to become evermore worried about the near future of the series.
ImageImage

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 14 May 2013, 23:34

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:03, edited 2 times in total.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 May 2013, 23:37

My head's been in Eurovision today, but I'll download this when I get home from work tomorrow and have a listen ;)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 15 May 2013, 00:40

Tonight in Paradise :eek: Reminds me of Euromach.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 May 2013, 02:42

eXtaticus wrote: And zz2, your song's great as they usually are (and if it wasn't, I'd tell you) - but I have to question the use of deliberate Engrish in the chorus. When the Italian and Japanese producers make mistakes writing English lyrics, they're actually mistakes; they can't speak English any better than the way in which they write the lyrics, and more often than not, they probably don't even know that they've made an error. The fact that in Overjoy the mistake was deliberate means that you're effectively parodying people's English mistakes - and then, to have it performed by a singer who we all know actually makes copious mistakes while writing songs... well, it just made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I'd have to wonder whether or not Clara knew that there's a deliberate mistake in that line - and if she did, would she have asked you to change it?

As I said, it made me feel uncomfortable.

But then, the riff was...

... so awesome. :3
I had no control over the lyrics— when they approached me to use the song (it's a couple years old by now), they asked if I wanted to write them or if they needed to. At the time I was swamped with schoolwork, so I gave them control of the lyrics. They also slightly adjusted the melody in spots to accommodate the lyrics. All I contributed was the composition.

I'm glad you liked the riff! (That was my favorite part too!)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 15 May 2013, 04:36

After getting mine today, it's not a terrible album, matter of fact it's a song.full of speed. Here's the bpm of all songs:

Into the sunrise 150 It's okay, maybe not the ideal opener I thought it would have had
Tonight in paradise 156 it's a love it or hate it song.
Hearts on fire : 160 Dima can do better and sounds just like we expected.
Walking.in London 160 Cool italo-esque song.
Crazy little love 153 She's under Go Go Music now...I did not know that.
Magic car 156 (btw real snooze on this.song)
Miss you 153
Make.me.wonder 156 (I Love this song bluntly)
Blue 150
Flying.free 142 (amazing.song.btw, made me go on a journey while listening to this song. So spiritual in a way)
Amazing.love 160
Ringtone.155 (This was a little like Shalaka Boom but lyrics changed)
Overjoy 160
Tearful eyes 160 (fast and fun song, I drove too fast, too loud while this played, lol)
Welcome. To The.show 153 (Loved every second of this song)

Overall a fast.and.nondisappointing album..in my opinion :3
Last edited by coolneko on 15 May 2013, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 15 May 2013, 04:41

Not impressed by the samples either.

'Tearful Eyes' is the one I am most looking forward to hearing, which is somewhat amusing considering how much I have complained about SinclaireStyle in the past. 'Crazy Little Love' sounds like a lush, multilayered song that may strike a chord with me as well. The rest of the songs are disappointing me at this stage but I will reserve judgement until I hear them in full.

I will say that, with the exception of Hi-NRG's unoriginal material that I will not be listening to, I am a little surprised with the lack of aggressive tunes on this album... Fast, yes, but nothing that packs a real punch.
Last edited by Jay on 15 May 2013, 04:49, edited 2 times in total.

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 15 May 2013, 04:46

It's a pretty album, from what I think, but heck, everyone has their own opinions on it.
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 May 2013, 05:44

Samples that stand out:

All Sunfire tracks (Slightly disappointed that the Tiranti song sounds nothing like a worthy follow up to his mega hit Louder & Faster though ...)
Crazy Little Love (Loving the groove of this track and it's so nice to hear Denise again!)
Hearts On Fire
Miss You
Welcome To The Show (Awesome melody, probably the best sample of the bunch so far)