Super Eurobeat 224

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Jul 2013, 02:36

I agree, eXtaticus. There's loud and LOUD.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 23 Jul 2013, 03:23

I'm not sure how to feel about FLY MAGIC.

It SOUNDS like trance music at some points. Pretty good track, though, not gonna lie.

SAY SAY SAY is easily my least favorite track on the album, I'm gonna get that out of the way immediately. SUMMERTIME this is NOT.

The BLISS track is also giving me conflicting feels.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Jul 2013, 09:57

Why do some of you all the sudden have a problem with loud Eurobeat? If your p.c speakers can't handel it, just buy yourself a subwoofer or add diiferent speakers to your p.c.. The stock ones are shit and sound like shit. New Field would send me tracks brickwalled to heavent and they still sounded fine. Not distorted at all.

Eurobeat and music in general is evolving. It's all loud nowadays. What can you do, but buy yourself equiptment that handels the loudness and farting 8)

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 23 Jul 2013, 11:06

drnrg wrote:Why do some of you all the sudden have a problem with loud Eurobeat? If your p.c speakers can't handel it, just buy yourself a subwoofer or add diiferent speakers to your p.c.. The stock ones are shit and sound like shit. New Field would send me tracks brickwalled to heavent and they still sounded fine. Not distorted at all.

Eurobeat and music in general is evolving. It's all loud nowadays. What can you do, but buy yourself equiptment that handels the loudness and farting 8)
That's not really how it works...though I'm glad that you're not bothered by it, because those of us who are will probably have to deal with it for a while. :P

It's not just about loudness. In order to get the tracks that loud, they have to squash the waveform like so

There's a point where all the squishing strips the sounds of their definition...everything kind of blends together in this noisy soup, and at even higher extremes, audible distortion is introduced that will never go away no matter how good your system is. *COUGH*passport to dance*AHEM*

I even heard crackling on Welcome to The Show at one point. THERE'S NO GOOD REASON FOR THIS TO BE HAPPENING

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 23 Jul 2013, 11:39

Guys, I think FLY MAGIC might be becoming my jam.

I have been putting it on repeat not a few times. I also caught myself singing "FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MAGIC" every so often.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 23 Jul 2013, 15:58

Why would anyone complain about the new SEBs having actual loudness to them? I haven't gotten any of the 220's yet, but are the tracks actually loud on them? Can you actually feel/hear a bass beat?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Jul 2013, 16:17

I received my copy last night. I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy Radio Love and especially Higher Higher More and More. The latter is actually my favorite song from the album, despite the fact that I was preparing for the worst. Both of the above tracks are a lot more interesting in their entireties, which create appropriate atmospheres for their otherwise simple choruses. The Bliss number in particular, however, is just so different from anything I've ever heard before and is really refreshing in its uplifing simplicity. It's like traveling to the magical world that you only thought existed as a kid. The whole track just appeals to emotions I haven't felt in years.

The rest of the album is pretty strong, too. Both of the Dima tracks are about as bland as I expected (though Stephy's number has an okay verse), and Annalise's track is boringly inoffensive as usual, but everything else is good to great. Though Higher Higher More and More is definitely my personal favorite track, Dreamers is a pretty close second. I ended up enjoying this CD more than I expected and consider it a much-welcome improvement over the previous couple of releases.
ImageImage

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 23 Jul 2013, 16:38

Bonkers wrote:Why would anyone complain about the new SEBs having actual loudness to them? I haven't gotten any of the 220's yet, but are the tracks actually loud on them? Can you actually feel/hear a bass beat?
It's not that... Mindsweeper explained it well, it's about the mastering of the CD and how it's hindering the sound quality of the tracks.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 23 Jul 2013, 17:17

FINALLY got my record. Time to do a quick rip then have a listen :D

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Jul 2013, 17:40

Jager's song is so much fun to listen to! It's a perfect summer eurobeat song.

I'm also enjoying Prayer, Pull The Trigger, Just Say Yeah, and Poison.

Really disappointed with the mediocre Dima songs...again.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 23 Jul 2013, 19:33

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 23 Jul 2013, 21:02

Been listening to Prayer over and over ever since I finished hearing all the songs. Everything from the big stuff like the freaky intro and the whispered parts (including the instrumental) to the smaller bits like the short stop between the intro and riff. I couldn't have asked for a better song, to me this is eurobeat perfection <3

Also, the riff sounds a lot like NoF's!

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 24 Jul 2013, 00:34

I loooove this album its really amazing! <3

ive been enjoying much to my surprise Radio Love ,and is it just me or does it have a Kylie Minogue style melody ? or some older pop melody .. i really find this song special and glad SunFire still tries different atmospheres to their songs :)
I also have on repeat both Delta songs which is refreshing , both songs feel really inspired and Poison's riff is just mind blowing.
SCP was as usual on point , I dont listen much Fly Magic , i think this one still has to grow on me ... though Higher higher More and More has a great riff and i do love the experiment SCP made on this song :p Just Say Yeah is even better than Sunlight so this one falls in the classics already
SinclaireStyle is amazing and i really love the Ducky Chix comeback , doesnt have the sillyness/cuteness of Looking For Lovers , but i love the seriousness of Prayer ... love that beat breakdown after the 3rd riff :p

except for the Norma track that i did not enjoy as much unfortunately , i really like this album ! probably one of the tops this year for me ... I really feel like this album has a whole lot of trancy style synths and summer vibes. I really enjoyed all of that though i can see why some would not enjoy it as much as i did

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jul 2013, 02:38

I've been delaying a complete listen for this album for a couple of days now... I just can't get into it. I might try to give the songs a run in Audiosurf tonight. Toho Eurobeat Presents The Revival Mix has been much more enjoyable at first listen than SEB224.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 24 Jul 2013, 03:03

MY JAM-level tracks:

FLY MAGIC / JAGER

IN THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT / CINDY

HIGHER HIGHER MORE AND MORE / BLISS

These tracks have become my jam.

The Annalise and Norma tracks are boring and forgettable, unless I warm up to them later.

Also, the BLISS track? It reminds me of Italodisco! If there were male vocals on it and there was a section about "I GOT A LITTLE GOOD TIME, WOAH-OH", I'd be like...this is POCKET TIME 2013!!