Super Eurobeat 224

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jul 2013, 05:09

Review time I guess...

01. Just Say Yeah / Kaioh
So far, Kaioh has been my favorite GGM vocalist with such great tracks. Nack 5 (w/Domino), It's Like A Fire, Sunlight... Just Say Yeah is his new entry. It doesn't disappoint. Everything is going for it: great intro, riff, verses and chorus. The vocals are a bit disappointing in the chorus but I don't think it kills the song. Overall, that's a very good track.

9/10

02. Stay With You / Stephy
Stephy... the more she goes, the more I dislike her tracks. This song is no exception. The intro sounds way too muchlike any other Dima songs these days. The riff is forgettable. The most irritable point: the chorus. Geez, it irritates me quite a lot.
No, no... NEXT.

3/10

03. Fly Magic / Jager
With 3 songs in his catalog before this song. All 3 were AMAZING. This song still sound very poppy, so he doesn't go out of his league. However, the song just sound wrong and uninteresting all around. The vocals are very sub-par. The way he sings "Fly Magic" just irritates me so much. It's not as bad as Stay With You but it's very forgetable too.

5.5/10

04. In The Rhythm Of The Night / Cindy
This intro is very... weird to say the least. Well, beside that. I guess that's kind of a surprise. The riff is probably the highlight of this song. Very catchy. Generally, the melody is good and the vocals are good too. However there's one thing that irritates me: there are many "beat-drop" so to say (lacking words to describe those moments) that makes me feel like the song is stopping then restarting over and over. That's a good song. Beside the riff, there's nothing very noticeable though.

7.5/10

05. Dancing In The Streets /David Dima
That intro! Very exciting! We're off to a good start. The riff! Catchy! Vocals and melodies, perfect! This is probably MY highlight of the whole album. Everything is just so good, especially that whip effect in the chorus.

10/10

06. Poison / Daniel
What to say... I just can't find anything to say for this song. The riff is boring. I feel like the vocals are overpowering the music and, speaking of vocals, they're boring. NEXT.

3/10

07. Prayer / Ducky Chix.
Two parter intros are very difficult to pull off. Proof here: very boring first part then explode into something quite decent. Beside that, the melody is very good for a female Sinclaire track. Never been a fan of those tracks. The most memorable point is the chorus' melody. However... the breakdown just kills the song for me. It kills the mood the song set up. So, the song has two sides: the very good eurobeat exciting melody and the mellow breakdown that breaks the beat. So my score will be two-sided too.

7.5/10

8. Say Say Say / Annalise
That intro is elevator music. A-Beat-C's weak point has always been intros. Seriously. What to say else. The whole song is uninteresting. Boring melodies. OK vocals. You really need to get GEMS out of the drawer, not elevator music.

3 /10

9. Dreamers / Paul Harris
Not another one. I'm trying hard to come up with anything to say for review. I just can't. It's hard to come up with good descriptions when they throw up uninspired tracks like this that sounds about the smae as the other Delta track on the album. The riff is ok, I guess.

4/10

10. Do You Believe In Love / Norma Sheffield
What's up with these boring intros?! Anyway, it's another of those songs that makes me want to sleep. The song is empty and forgettable. Norma just doesn't put in any energy in her song at all. Next.

3/10

11. Radio Love / Isabelle
Go! Stop! Go! Stop! That's the intro, right there. Uninteresting. The riff is very "SunFire": weird sounding and amateurish. However, the melody toward the rest of the song is very engaging. There's energy, emotions in the vocals. I guess the song broke the very monotonous streak of bad songs.

8/10.

12. Goldginger / Nick Turbo.
James Bond in the intro! That must be a good song! NOT. The riff is one of the weirdest sounding of the album which break my interest right away and the song keep some sounds in the melody, especially in the chorus. That doesn't help to change my opinion toward the song. Points for trying to be original though. To be honest, I miss the cow and russian themed Hi-NRG songs.

5/10

13. Pull The Trigger / Bon
Two Face intro again. What to say... the riff is annoying. There's this repeated note that sounds like those stuttering effects in Avex' mixes. Beside that, it's an OK song. It's not bad but... I can't find anything that makes me want to say "THAT IS GOOD STUFF!"

6/10

14. Higher Higher More And More / Bliss
Aishu SCP? That's new. Anyway, the intro doesn't encourage me into the song at all. Very every elevator music. The riff is another "One Touch" except to sound very Aishu. Also, there's two sets of vocals in this song: the one in the verses and bridge and the one in the chorus. Anyway, the song is interesting sounding I agree but I can't find myself to like it to the poing to listen to it a lot. I leave the score to speak for me.

7/10

15. The Element Of Fire / Fastway
Holy crap! That's an intro I like for once. However, I feel like the riff is nothing out of the ordinary. The same would apply for the rest of the song. It's not a bad song at all but what shakes me off it's the chorus and how Zanini songs "The Element Of Fire". Anyway, it's a standard Eurobeat song that I don't dislike but don't like either.

7.5/10

Final thoughts:
VERY, VERY, VERY forgetable album. I've even't disliked a SEB album like that since... SEB194 and SEB*censored album number*.

Top:
Just Say Yeah
Dancing In The Streets

Bottom:
All tracks below 7.1 points.

Honorable mention:
Radio love

Overall rating: 5

Did I sound bored enough? That's because it's hard to find energy when almost EVERY SINGLE song are boring >.>
Last edited by Lebon14 on 25 Jul 2013, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 24 Jul 2013, 05:53

Lebon14 wrote:04. In The Rhythm Of The Night / Cindy
However there's one thing that irritates me: there are many "beat-drop" so to say (lacking words to describe those moments) that makes me feel like the song is stopping then restarting over and over.

7.5/10
I know what you're referring to and this is one of the reasons why I like this song more than the recent HRG ones. The beat drops weren't something that I was expecting from this particular label, and seriously, "HRG" and "unexpected" don't usually go together in the same sentence.

And I'll repeat it again, but aren't we all sick of HRG songs that just cruise along and do the same thing over and over again? Just recently, I was reading some of the very old SEB 160-9 review threads since I was extremely bored and you can almost apply the same criticisms we all gave HRG back then to today. I was thinking, have 7+ years seriously passed and nothing has changed?
Lebon14 wrote:12. Goldginger / Nick Turbo.
James Bond in the intro! That must be a good song! NOT. The riff is one of the weirdest sounding of the album which break my interest right away and the song keep some sounds in the melody, especially in the chorus. That doesn't help to change my opinion toward the song. Points for trying to be original though. To be honest, I miss the cow and russian themed Hi-NRG songs.

5/10
I'm not surprised that you didn't appreciate the modest injection of originality in this song, but I do agree with your point that there needs to be a wider range of HRG on SEB. Personally, I think HRG are at their best when they make Italo Disco, Russian-themed or "dark/heavy" productions. There's more texture and intrigue in these songs than ones that just plod along like 'Lucky Lucky' and 'Amazing Love.'

True, we were treated to a heavy amount of HRG Italo Disco in the 210s and I think most of us became desensitised to it in the end (Avex's fault, though); however, there's nothing wrong with Italo Disco when released sparingly and it would be a big mistake not to do it at all.

As for Russian-themed HRG songs, I can't even pinpoint the last one. Was it 'Balalaika, Vodka & Rock'n'Roll' on 189? And before that I believe it was 'Vodka' on 168. They were aeons ago and HRG definitely need to revisit that style of eurobeat.

And by "heavy/dark" productions, I'm talking about bass-heavy songs like 'Get the Dark Side Into My Brain' (169) and 'Bomba' (185). HRG haven't produced anywhere near enough of these and these two songs in particular are still some of my favourites from their respective decades.

If HRG got the balance right, they would be a label to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, they're paling in comparison to a label like SCP since they lack the extra dimension and ability to take risks (and even when they do, they're quick to revert back to their old ways). This is why eurobeat fans tend to be so frustrated with them. The limited range of vocalists at the label hasn't helped obviously but that's a secondary issue.
Lebon14 wrote:8. Say Say Say / Annalise
That intro is elevator music. A-Beat-C's weak point has always been intros. Seriously. What to say else. The whole song is uninteresting. Boring melodies. OK vocals. You really need to get GEMS out of the drawer, not elevator music.

3 /10
Well, what other way would you expect an aishu eurobeat song to start? With heavy bass and drums? Clearly you weren't a fan of aishu or slow-/mid-tempo male A-Beat C productions during the 170s and 180s since the Raimondi-style introductions were omnipresent in virtually every single one of those songs.
Last edited by Jay on 24 Jul 2013, 07:02, edited 5 times in total.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 24 Jul 2013, 06:34

It looks like everyone likes the Cindy track! Not bad! Good one, HRG! :!: :!:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Jul 2013, 06:39

Jay wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:8. Say Say Say / Annalise

3 /10
Well, what other way would you expect an aishu eurobeat song to start? With heavy bass and drums? Clearly you weren't a fan of aishu or slow-/mid-tempo male A-Beat C productions during the 170s and 180s since the Raimondi-style introductions were omnipresent in virtually every single one of those songs.
I never was a fan of those, indeed. That's why I liked very few A-Beat-C tracks in these decades. The only one I like that immediately pops up in my mind is "Magical" by Matt Land.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jul 2013, 07:13

Wataru Akiyama
Also, the BLISS track? It reminds me of Italodisco! If there were male vocals on it and there was a section about "I GOT A LITTLE GOOD TIME, WOAH-OH", I'd be like...this is POCKET TIME 2013!!
When you have members who like the more aggressive Eurobeat style liking the Bliss song, then you know it's that Italo vibe that does it. I feel it too. I played that one and Jay Lehr's "I'm Alive" and heard consistive similiarities in the musical production.

Don't have the disc yet, just that one mp3, but not a bad way to start the set and a nice 4:45 runTIME adds to the fun :wink:

@ Mindsweeper. I get what yopu mean. I might not hear it on Eurobeat, since I deal mainly with mp3 formatt, but I suffer when it's heard on todays Rock music. It's all over the new cds from Kiss, Arosmith and oh lord; Van Halen's is the worst offender. Speakers or not my cds are more tolerable on my sound sytem than on my p.c.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jul 2013, 07:38

lebon
14Did I sound bored enough? That's because it's hard to find energy when almost EVERY SINGLE song are boring >.>
Everyone has that one cd they concider a disaster. I remember I liked about 3 songs off SEB 187. After a while I'll just keep a few mp3s of my favs off every cd on my p.c. in order to save space. I have a Danny, Delta Queens and Matt Land from that particular disc. I probly deleated the De leo track, cuz I have the original, but even then 4 tracks?

My point being SEB 224 surely feels like one you'll be writing off very soon. However if I combine yours with some of the other reviews I'm seeing;I'm inclined to think that this cd might very well be one of my favs once I get a chance to hear it.

Now, if there is a Eurobeat GOD out there, I hope to recieve mine this weekend. Right before my B-Day :D

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 24 Jul 2013, 07:58

drnrg wrote:Wataru Akiyama
Also, the BLISS track? It reminds me of Italodisco! If there were male vocals on it and there was a section about "I GOT A LITTLE GOOD TIME, WOAH-OH", I'd be like...this is POCKET TIME 2013!!
When you have members who like the more aggressive Eurobeat style liking the Bliss song, then you know it's that Italo vibe that does it. I feel it too. I played that one and Jay Lehr's "I'm Alive" and heard consistive similiarities in the musical production.

Don't have the disc yet, just that one mp3, but not a bad way to start the set and a nice 4:45 runTIME adds to the fun :wink:.
Good call, dude!

Also, the Cindy track is interesting to me. She became a lot more aggressive than from PUN PUN BEAM; I think this song is gonna be in Initial D for sure. She reminds me of BLACK EVA or PRINCESS F a lot on this track.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 25 Jul 2013, 03:09

Lebon14 wrote:

Did I sound bored enough? That's because it's hard to find energy when almost EVERY SINGLE song are boring >.>
At least we're getting new material. It WOULD be awesome if Eurobeat tracks had a good 1:00 of an intro for mixing purposes before the riff kicks in. As soon as I can collect SEB 221-224, I'm going to do my own mix.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 25 Jul 2013, 04:04

Btw, Lebon, Kaioh wasn't part of Project 2...that was Leo River.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Jul 2013, 09:33

Bonkers
It WOULD be awesome if Eurobeat tracks had a good 1:00 of an intro for mixing purposes before the riff kicks in. As soon as I can collect SEB 221-224, I'm going to do my own mix
Interesting point. back in the vinyl days you couldnt really get away with such short intros of today. the whole point of intros was to be able to mix the next song in gradually. that's One of the main reasons I also miss Dall Ora; is that vinyl era or not, he always featured some nice long intros on his songs.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 25 Jul 2013, 11:13

Kaioh - Just Say Yeah 8/10

With a much happier tone than his last track "Sunlight", Kaioh proves that even extreme metalheads are very proficient in everything eurobeat. The lyrics in the chorus have a carefree attitude and the entire song cruises along pleasantly on smooth sounds and production. It's not Sunlight, but still plenty good.

Stephy Martin - Stay With You 5/10

Not a big fan of Dima's Stephy, it feels like Stephy tries to make her voice shine but the instrumental track is just too overbearing. I hope there'll be a song that is built around her singing like the Newfield productions were but even with that said, I did like Power & Love.

Jager - Fly Magic 9/10

Oh baby, he's back! In true Jager spirit, we get a different, interesting take on eurobeat filled with pop influences. The chorus is still very much eurobeat, with a thumping beat and a memorable melody sung in that Jager-style. On a scale of generic to Jager this gets a 0.75 Jager, above What D'you Want From Me but not above Because of You and I Won't Fall Apart.

Cindy - In the Rhythm of the Night 8/10

I can't even put my finger on why I like this one. It's just a solid track, but what stands out to me is the wall-of-sound that is the riff. It just oozes power.

David Dima - Dancing on the Street 8/10

Nothing sounds tired here. Dima's voice is full of life and so is the entire song, it's refreshingly uplifting in every way there is. This is exactly what it takes to make me look forward to hearing more Dima on SEB225.

Daniel - Poison 7/10

A much better entry for Daniel than Super Driver, this time an exciting song with somewhat confused lyrics. A few mentions of a race, a tiny bit about racing and then the key word "poison" and you have yourself a confusing package performed with Daniel's mysterious and secretive tone. They did nail the "POOOOIZEN!"

Ducky Chix - Prayer 10+++/10

Oh boy. No amount of previews could've prepared me for this track. SS once again treat their female artists like Godesses and offer up their very best efforts to them. Prayer steals the show, it owns the album, it drains the lifeforce from everything around it and channels it as pure musical genius. I would marry this song and have 3 wonderful kids that'd grow up to become doctors without borders that work parttime as superheroes. A few highlights are the vocal melody during the chorus (found myself humming it thinking it was from an older track) and the "interlude" which lasts well over a minute and features whispered vocals (probably to work the "Prayer" theme), drum-less passages as well as toying with the kick and cymbal. Wrap all that up with a riff reminiscent of the immortal Night of Fire and you've got the absolute best of what Bratt and his team has to offer.

Annalise - Say Say Say 7+/10

I gotta take some points off thanks to the intro, but once past that I found a song I actually enjoyed quite a bit. It's light, bite-sized eurobeat with no real message or aspirations. I just sat back and swayed my head to the surprisingly addictive chorus. Say say say~

Paul Harris - Dreamers 9/10

Delta have had me worried ever since 221. There hasn't been a single "killer" track for me from them since SEB got back on its feet, but that song is finally here. Dreamers is a slow, floaty track that is easy to get absolutely hooked on and follow along through its chorus and slow-moving riff. Welcome back, Delta! Please stay this time.

Norma Sheffield - Do You Believe in Love 8/10

It's over. Norma wins SEB with that Miko Mission-esque "lovher". Even excluding that, Norma still doesn't disappoint me. When I listen to her tracks, I know pretty much exactly what I'm on for: A voice that has survived through the decades and still kept that distinct touch that only she has. It's a Norma track, what else is there to say?

Isabelle - Radio Love 9/10

Biggest surprise on the album for me, a great song from a totally new alias. It's got a riff with an interesting sound, heavy bass and an incredibly dancable chorus. I can't wait to hear more.

Nick Turbo - Goldginger 8+/10

Good old HRG-Attack. I feel as if they really stepped their game up here, with "In the Rhythm of the Night" and now "Goldginger". The latter is a beautifully nonsensical track with crazy lyrics and music to match. I think it can all be summed up with the fact that Goldginger is NOT a typo.

Bon - Pull the Trigger 8/10

It's been ages since I heard Bon by himself in a new track, and the new material doesn't disappoint one bit. The riff is filled with rapid synths doing the famous "DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA". They know they had themselves a great riff because they aren't afraid to show it off several times! Then entire songs reminds me a lot of the previous SS entries in SEB221. They hit the mark once again.

Bliss - Higher Higher More and More 7/10

One of those songs that'll split the community? Maybe. While the instrumental track is great, the part that's difficult to judge is the vocal track. I don't even know if I like it or not. After a few listens I did end up liking it, but no doubt it's one of the riskier tracks on the album.

Fastway - The Element of Fire 7/10

Not that big of a Fastway fan (more of an Ace guy), so it took a while to get into it. Overall it's a pretty solid song with its moments of power.

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 25 Jul 2013, 19:33

MY SEB 224 personal ranking:

1 DUCKY CHIX prayer
-----
2 BONN pull the trigger
3 CINDY in the rhythm of the night
4 STEPHI MARTIN stay with you
5 FASTWAY the element of fire
6 NORMA SHEFFIELD do you believe in love
7 ISABELLE radio love
8 NICK TURBO goldginger
9 KAOIH just say yeah
10 PAUL HARRIS dreamers

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 Jul 2013, 20:43

para_rigby wrote:Btw, Lebon, Kaioh wasn't part of Project 2...that was Leo River.
You're right. Let's just say that I was not in the best shape as I was sleepy as hell.

I'll correct my review to reflect that.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 29 Jul 2013, 10:27

I actually didn't have much to say about this album this time, it's just overall a disappointment compared to 223, where I was super enthusiastic about that. :?

Top 3:
Fly Magic / Jager : A strong track from the very beginning. If only SCP could use some work on their sub-par little details like the introductions, I could just see this track being somewhere in my top three of the year so far. The melody might sound a bit like generic SCP but it caught my attention anyways because it's just so stunning. The real highlight of this song though, is Jager's vocalwork. He handles every vocal parts very confidently and with class too. Aside from the chorus itself, my favourite part has also got to be the part near the end of the bridge where he sings "Up to the feelings, into the blue, OONNLLYY YOUUUU`", that's an epic delivery right there that just pushes this already memorable track to new heights. His high notes don't sound forced either, almost effortless. It's hard to praise this track more than what I've already said here but without a doubt, this is my new favourite Jager track after WDYWFM.
5/5

Poison / Daniel : I actually had a hard time deciding whether "Fly Magic" or "Poison" would be my favourite track of this album. For one thing, I still have certain gripes with Delta's way of production, such as the fact their break is often just a mere backdrop without the vocals, while it's true that a couple of labels are plenty guilty of that as well, I just don't think that their sound has enough meat in them to not let that break become somewhat of a hindrance in the grand scheme of things. The riff as well, could use a little more meat in them than just a semi-loop of itself, it's not necessarily bad but it could very well make a difference between a five star and "BEST EUROBEAT EVAR" kind of thing. The rest of the song though, is absolutely stellar, and all it took for me to forget about the flaws was Marco Rancati opening his mouth to sing, especially on the chorus. A little demerit here and there, but not sufficiently enough to break this great track.
4.5/5

Goldginger / Nick Turbo : Not what I would have expected coming from Festari actually (An "A" class track). The Bond theme, Festari putting on what I think is one of his best vocal performance to date, is all so terribly endearing. In general, Hi-NRG is good at producing over the top, nonsensical sounding tracks, but not only does this track rank on the low side of the hysteria counter - the quirkiness isn't entirely gone sadly, it actually manages to exude something that the label is not at all well known for : class. The bond theme references aside - especially the part from 2:27 to 2:40 where I could loop it all day long and not get bored-, Festari actually shines pretty brightly here, the chorus and verse especially are particularly striking, in short : He sounds good!. In all honesty though, I'd still prefer something along the lines of "Jungle Of Fire" where it was straight out serious, but I guess that's a tad bit too much to ask from a label who has been doing these kind of songs for as long as they have been here. Now for the million dollar question, can they keep this up?
4.5/5

Somewhere in the middle :
Dancing On The Street / David Dima : The first thing I thought when I heard it for the first time was just how very Dima it sounds. It takes no risk at all, but as I have said before, I like Dima the way he is and every track of his is generally a joy to listen to despite the label's genericness, which expectedly is a huge cost considering how most labels are experimenting. Also worthy of note is the fact that this is probably one of the only track on this album that fits the traditional testoterone filled, macho & raw power delivering song (The "Bon" track doesn't count in my books) so for fans of that style, like me, should find this a real treasure to listen to amidst a sea of "softness". I placed this track slightly below Nick Turbo's only because of general genericness and it's lack of interesting little details (such as how the "Woah-oh-ohs gave "Heart's On Fire" a boost, trivial but little things count) but on a whole, I like this track just as much as the other.
4.5/5

Prayer / Ducky Chix : My initial expectation was to get a "Tearful Eyes" part two. Sadly I didn't get that, but it's only because the synth choices by Bratt are yet again, less than optimal. Y'know, the standard shrill synths he uses in almost all Grana tracks except afaik, the King & Queen remix. Still, It's a fine track to show just how far Bratt has come since his days of putting up well thought but horribly produced and executed female tracks such as "Call My Name" or "Rock My Heart". The vocal parts are a thousand times more well thought and as far as giving credits where credits are due, I have to say that the guy is fast becoming an ace at that department. A fast-paced, well sung track that could use a bit more of the "Tearful Eyes" soundscape as opposed to the usual "grating" synths. That would be five star material.
4/5

Radio Love / Isabelle : A new lass at Sun Fire? Now I am interested to know who's the beauty behind the mic, probably Futura or Norma's friend. The track ? The melody itself is average at best, but it’s delivery is refreshing, slick, smooth, and Miss Isabelle just ticks all the right boxes for an up & coming vocalist. Without even going into the lyrics and the general mood that this song conveys - as that would just make this review X-Rated -, It's also surprisingly warm, like it's actually quite easy to see the girl herself getting cosy while singing this track, that's strength right there, being able to emote without even showing the face. I think it's fair enough to say that she's currently the most delicate sounding singer at Sun Fire if you are not a fan of the high voice of Futura or the nasally Norma. Considering how scarce Sun Fire solo female tracks are, I'd go as far as saying this is my favourite Sun Fire female track so far.
3.5/5

Do You Believe In Love / Norma Sheffield : A balls to the walls Norma track. Well, it's Norma, most either love or hate her but for me, her Sun Fire tracks are an entirely different animal from her lullabys at A-Beat-C, this track once again proves that point albeit somewhat weaker. For starters, this track isn't perfect and unlike other Sun Fire tracks, the little things actually hurt the song this time. For example, I disliked the way all the I-I-I-s and that one second but still very annoying D-O-H! at the end of the intro, it just bugs me out. The melody is generally gorgeous, I especially liked the riff and as I have said, Norma on Sun Fire is surprisingly good. The breakdown, again, is where things stumble again, it suffers from the very exact thing that made the intro annoying what with the dragged out "ahd-AHD=ahd-Ah" and the "closing my eyes ... -ahd-ahd", who thought this was a great idea? It's not, it's incredibly annoying. While it may sound trivial, it directly affected my listening experience, shouldn't even be done in the first place and generally wastes away what could have been Norma's best track at the label. For that, a demerit. Oh and for goodness sake, it's lover, not loaver.
3/5

Just Say Yeah / Kaioh : I am not too sure what to feel about this track to be honest. I guess one could say I'm half-and-half, the song has it's moments, but at the same time a few moments here and there aren't enough to make the song amazing. For example, I liked the powerful intro, the energetic riff and Dave JR's vocals are starting to show their true prowess with each subsequent release but other than that, I just don't hear anything else particularly striking enough to create friction, a stark contrast from "Sunlight", where the entire song was generally amazing from start to finish. I would still listen to this track but to be honest, I just can't find anything that would warrant this track more than a just pass.
3/5

Higher Higher More And More / Bliss : I was very much prepared to be disappointed by this track, and in some sense I am. You could say I'm somewhere in between. The song has its moments, but a few moments here and there aren't enough to make a song amazing.. For example, not surprisingly, I was not impressed by the childlike vocals but wait, there's another vocalist in the verses? Well, shucks, he didn't do much to help either. That aside though, I have to agree with most others that the melody in general is pretty darn gorgeous. For that, I decided not to condemn this song too low on the scale unlike "Tonight In Paradise".
2.5/5

The Element Of Fire / Fastway : For a song that has such a title and has Ennio on it, I sure wasn't expecting anything less than "Hyper Super Powers". Too bad the worst happened, disappointing. The biggest problem with this track, is that it is severely lacking the "WOW" factor as far as Ennio tracks go. There's "Hyper Super Powers' not too long ago, which is a hard edge track that exudes hard edge attitude all throughout the song and then there's "Invisible Touch", which while isn't an all out macho fest at least had an a charismatic "air" around it that makes it a refreshingly different yet very Ennio track. Then you have this track that just sounds like it wants to get itself over with in the shortest time possible without sounding too boring. I am not sure how to describe this any further, but none of the elements which made Ennio's tracks hits exist on this track. Possibly one of my most disliked Fastway tracks to date.
1.5/5

Pull The Trigger / Bon : I have already revealed my thoughts on the Bon alias before. Bonini's brand of solo tracks on Sinclaire Style just doesn't jibe well with me. His vocals and the vocal melody are beautiful, but the soundscape in general is just really ugly as with all Bon tracks so far. His songs often remind me of the earlier female Sinclaire tracks, beautiful concept, just not executed well. This one isn't an exception.
2.5/5

In The Rhythm Of The Night / Cindy : Generic Hi-NRG female track that has no particularly striking qualities. I think I'll pass.
1.5/5

Bottom 3:
Dreamers / Paul Harris : A chill mid-tempo track. The filler track of the album for me. Of course, Paul puts up an above average vocalwork, but the track is just too mid-tempo (read : boring) for my taste. I personally prefer to pass on this one, but if this is your kind of track, go wild.
1.5/5

Say Say Say / Annalise : Another filler track, This track just sort of goes by without any highs or lows. Even then, it's sort of a boring track to listen to.
1.5/5

Stay With You / Stephy Martini : As much as I was cautiously looking forward to Stephy's third track this year, by the time I heard the sample for this track, I began losing hope for a much needed good comeback from Stefania. Where do I even begin? This track is a complete mess. In this track, there's a rough idea of what it's trying to accomplish, and seemingly, it's a hark back into the territory of her early, and not to mention best days at Dima, Delta and even Akyr. The problem with this track is that it just isn't strong enough to match the levels of it's early predecessors, it tries too hard. The riff has a piece of "Power & Love" in it, which by itself wasn't all that impressive in the first place but at least it fitted the epic mood because of the right soundscape, but this track somehow manages to make things even worse but making the whole damn thing sound really grating like the ascending pitch - think that's what they call it but whatever. The rest of the track is just a massive mood killer, practically lifeless except for the chorus which was powerful but weak sounding as hell. Stefania as well, disappoints, she doesn't sound epic, she just sounds really frustrated singing this track. Come to think of it, the more I listen to this track, the more I feel frustrated as well. How much lower can she go?
0.25/5

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 30 Jul 2013, 10:57

What's interesting to note is how similar in style "Fly Magic" by Jager is to a Jay Lehr style song. You can picture Jager just being a higher octave than Lehr. If someone were to edit the track and lower the tune a little bit, I'm sure the result would sound a lot like Lehr.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?