Super Eurobeat 225

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Sep 2013, 21:07

KiraTM wrote:I didn't had internet for almost one week. So, as it was really boring I played a little bit with photoshop to make a SEB225 cover that maybe looks better. Don't know, what do you think? Did I fail with this silver style?
My only complaint is that the main title is a bit hard to read in some spots; past that, I like it! Very soft. :3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Sep 2013, 05:20

KiraTM
I didn't had internet for almost one week. So, as it was really boring I played a little bit with photoshop to make a SEB225 cover that maybe looks better. Don't know, what do you think? Did I fail with this silver style?
I like your work as well, but I think that particular style would better fit an Aishu Eurobeat cd. An example would be a Norma Sheffield or Sophie's greatest hits package, because the model is beyond beautiful. What' more; I believe, it would have been perfect for Super Eurobeat vol 194 Love & Sweets. remember that one was full of Aishu style Eurobeat.

zoupzuop2 hit the nail on the head when he used the word "soft" to describe it. The only flaw would be that "soft" is not a word I use to describe Eurobeat.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 14 Sep 2013, 18:15

drnrg wrote: The only flaw would be that "soft" is not a word I use to describe Eurobeat.
My thoughts as well. I think the red fits along with the other releases; there always seems to be presiding solid color on the cover.

In other words, has anyone spotted a trailer yet?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Sep 2013, 22:14

Bonkers wrote:In other words, has anyone spotted a trailer yet?
At release only. The only previews I think we will ever get before release are SinclaireStyle's.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Sep 2013, 03:37

Lebon14
The only previews I think we will ever get before release are SinclaireStyle's.

Another reason Sinclaire has become one of my top 3 Eurobeat labels. Second only to HRG Attack. who took the numbver one slot after TIME/Eurogrooves hung it up.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 17 Sep 2013, 07:28

I just signed for it at the door... a day before release! :!:

Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 17 Sep 2013, 14:07

Samples are up on JPN itunes

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 17 Sep 2013, 14:52

Wow most of these songs suck.

The most interesting are You Got Me Boom! Boom! / Tora and Maybe One Day / Karen. The rest have bad productions.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 17 Sep 2013, 19:50

1. Never Say Never / Manuel:
As I stated before, the chorus here is a tad flawed, but the rest sounds awesome.
:)

2. Adrenaline / Ace:
Easily one of the weakest Ace songs to date, by the sound of it. The beginning of the verse has a bit of a creative edge, but the b-melody is sloppy and the chorus + sabi fail to stick out. A lot like Dance in the Starlight, this feels extremely fragmented and tries to achieve too much without adequate flow.
:|

3. Maybe One Day / Karen:
This sounds like it was produced way back in 2001. I'm a fan of classic A-Beat C, but while this track isn't a total bomb, it's not exceptional, either.
:| / :)

4. Magic Sunday / Dave Rodgers feat. Futura:
I'm not a huge fan of the Dave duets, as they're don't usually offer much originality so much as corniness. This follows the same trend; not the worst, but still far behind tracks like I Just Wanna Find You and Car of Your Dreams.

5. Baby Tonight / Tipsy & Tipsy:
A generally nice, if inoffensive Castellari track from Saifam. The wacky synth is a nice twist, but it's not enough to place this on the same level as the label's classic material.

6. I Just Wanna Stay with You / Dream Fighters:
David Dima's dryness for fresh ideas continues with this banal, disposable production. A safe chorus, repetitive synths, and modest chord progressions make this totally indistinguishable from almost any of Dima's other forgettable tracks from the 220's. The contrast between the older material on Dima Eurobeat Vol. 3 and this is appalling, to say the least.
:(

7. Fairy Tale / Cherry:
Moroni's vocals are still a little dodgy here, but here, she finally gets a much fresher and more coherent piece to work with than her previous two releases. The tune here has a tinge of eurodance influence, but it's cleverly worked off of a classic italo-style progression to create a deliciously unique flair. It's not absolutely perfect, but it gets an A+ for creativity.
:) / :grin:

8. Kool Kitten / Franz Tornado:
Wow, what an underwhelming comeback. I would've hoped, after two years, Federico Rimonti would treat us with a modern eurobeat classic that ranks up with Bandolero Comanchero and Super Euro Flash. Instead, he follows down the path of Born To Be Wild In My Car, falling back on a stock Bb minor progression that transitions to Db during the bridge. This horrific letdown is not worthy of the Franz Tornado name.
:(

9. You Got Me Boom! Boom! / Tora:
I like the prominent bass in this track, but otherwise, the production here is a bit unbalanced and doesn't allow for any standout moments.

10. Don't Forget / Paul Harris:
In a genre of mostly formulaic musical structures, Paul Harris' heavy Latin influence is always a refreshing change of pace. This track is just as laid back and satisfying as the the artists' other recent efforts.
:grin:

11. Moonlight Hero / Ultraviolet:
The mild hints of westernized pop propel this above the boring Dream Fighters track, but it's still too dull to stand out as anything beyond just decent.
:| / :)

12. Give Me Your Heaven / Ciao Ciao:
All of the originality at Hi-NRG Attack seems to have recently concentrated around Elisabetta Gagliardi. I'll admit that I've come to love her songs on SEB 223 and 224, and this sounds like it will continue that same high streak.

13. Fantasy Car / Powerful T.:
A terribly disposable male A-Beat C production whose only qualities beyond the norm are disruptively superficial, i.e., beginning the chorus on D minor, only to spend the rest of it in F minor instead.
:( / :|

14. Beat Around / Les & Megan:
As with the bulk of Leonardi's more recent female-led productions, the vocals are too muffled to bring anything out of the tune, which is largely unexciting in itself.
:| / :(

15. Hot Hot Racin' Car / Go 2:
This is pretty solid stuff, but unlike Funky Funlover or Blood on Fire, I probably won't be listening to it much over a few months from now.

After the surprisingly good SEB 224, this album seems a bit weak. It's not quite as poor as SEB 222, but it's still overall more miss than hit. The two Delta tracks are the only ones that I'm particularly excited about.
ImageImage

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 17 Sep 2013, 20:53

here's a link, sorta all the itunes samples in one. I didn't make this, and if you (the creator) of this link, I just put it here but credit goes to that person! But here's the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/434 ... eviews.mp3

My copy of the cd won't be in until the date of release which is tomorrow. Would be nice if it did come today. Oh well, until I hear the full songs no ifs and no buts. Just gonna say not excited for manuel, franz, powerful t, ace, sorta karen...who am I kidding, karen sounds fine, but...again not both dimas...they sound the same...weird...

:T just tora, les & mega, paul harris, cherry, even the dave & futura song, already bought tipsy & tipsy so no biggie there, and ciao ciao.

:3
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

jp75
Eurobeat Fan

Post by jp75 » 17 Sep 2013, 22:08

The newest Dima song is brutally epic :D
This guy is from another galaxy.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 17 Sep 2013, 22:53

I was the creator of this MP3, thanks for linking it :D

Anyway, I don't want to review the previews, if the songs are bad or not, I wanna decide that when I listened to the full versions. Like Irene's Lovely: hated the preview, fell in love with the full version. 8)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 17 Sep 2013, 23:21

I have actually been able to hear the full album and so far like many of the songs. Only a few that weren't my favorite, but I will have to re-listen to better get a feel for the songs.

It is a shame the previews are usually so late, but there IS A WEBSITE THAT LETS YOU LISTEN TO THE FULL ALBUM IN NON MP3 FORMAT, IN ADOBE FLASH PLAYER, AS A ROTATING NONSTOP FULL VERSION OF THE ALBUM, I have been able to hear every album lately 1-2 days before the official release in full format, but it is not downloable, and in poor quaulity, which is good in order to protect stealing, however I wish to post this link on here for fans to be able to hear the album in full pior to purchasing, but at the same time scared that avex might get the uploader in trouble, so all I will say to you people here is to search wisely online, and you WILL find a link online that will let you hear each upcoming SEB album in fulll, usually 1-2 days prior to its official release.

Anyway, my fav so far are the songs by Manuel, Ace, Karen, Cherry, Franz Tornado, Ciao Ciao, Paul Harris, Les & Megan.

I am liking the intro to Karen's song with all the repetition and cuts of her vocals, like a non-stop album mix.

I really enjoying the intro to Cherry's song as well in that same manner with repetition and cutting of the vocals during the intro.

Ciao Ciao and Franz Tornado have very nice old school 90's synths in them.

Les & Megan have a very nice eurodance type of vibe to it which I like very much, and sometimes the vocals have a sort "Emanuella" mixed with a bit of "San", and the intro is very well done too, starting in a very eurodance way, then turning into a eurobeat sound after the intro.

Yes, I agree that Powerful T's song has a very strange chorus, and when Powerful T says Fantasy car then changes his pitch right off, it is very unexpected and one is hoping the pitch to drop back down but it doesn't so it makes it quiet distinct, but I am sure after a few listens I might start to enjoy it as something unique and experimental.

Paul Harris' song is also nicely done in a slower manner, and very good vocals, but the riff is a bit boring, but the rest of the song makes up for it, so I am still liking it.

The Dima tracks didn't stand out as much for me, as I am still hoping for something different from them, but nothing bad from them either, however I did really enjoy the riffs from both songs.

Did anybody else into eurodance/eurotrance pick up on how the intro and closing synths used on Dima's song "I just wanna stay with you"as similar to the synths used on eurodance/trace songs such as by Ian Van Dahl "Castles in the Sky" or 4 Strings "Take Me Away"? Pretty cool

Dave & Futura's song is ok too.

Cherry's song might be a bit boring to some, but I really like it and the fact that it really unique that it's slow make it a welcome and I am hoping for Delta to experiment more with this sound and become "eurobeat masters" to this new sound on future projects, I can see them being able to improve on this sound, but for now it is just very experimental for Delta, so I congratulate them on this.

I don't really have a song I absolutely hate on this album. Maybe Saifams a little bit, but the rest are ok for me.

I very much enjoyed Go2's and Ace's songs, and I really enjoyed the instruments used on Ace's song adrenaline quite a lot. I did not find this song to be bad at all, on the contrary, I enjoyed the return to some of the more spacey, trance like soundscapes used on here.

I have to go listen to more now...
Last edited by synthjunkie on 17 Sep 2013, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Sep 2013, 23:48

Official labels and durations [too lazy to write song titles]

01. [4:25] Go Go's Music
02. [4:23] SCP
03. [4:04] A-Beat-C
04. [4;03] Sun Fire
05. [5:30] Asia/Saifam/BBB
06. [5:00] Dima
07. [5:23] Delta
08. [5:15] Hi-NRG Attack
09. [4:49] SinclaireStyle
10. [5:04] Delta
11. [5:06] Dima
12. [5:15] Hi-NRG Attack
13. [4:26] Sun Fire
14. [4:59] SinclaireStyle
15. [4:30] SCP

My review will come later.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 18 Sep 2013, 00:18

synthjunkie wrote:there IS A WEBSITE THAT LETS YOU LISTEN TO THE FULL ALBUM IN NON MP3 FORMAT, IN ADOBE FLASH PLAYER, AS A ROTATING NONSTOP FULL VERSION OF THE ALBUM, I have been able to hear every album lately 1-2 days before the official release in full format, but it is not downloable, and in poor quaulity, which is good in order to protect stealing, however I wish to post this link on here for fans to be able to hear the album in full pior to purchasing, but at the same time scared that avex might get the uploader in trouble, so all I will say to you people here is to search wisely online, and you WILL find a link online that will let you hear each upcoming SEB album in fulll, usually 1-2 days prior to its official release.
It's not possible to search for purely flash-related content because it is not indexable by search engines. That's probably why it is implemented in Flash too.