Super Eurobeat 226

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 20 Nov 2013, 15:49

KiraTM wrote:In Japanese or English? (Probably Japanese, but I can hope. :D)
You think it'd be that easy? :grin:

226 was full of surprises for me. I never expect much of Hi-NRG or Dima, but Cactus Girl is AMAZING! Rimonti sounds way more energetic than in his last song, his love for eurobeat really shines through and you can just tell that everyone involved had really fun :grin:

Love Is All Around Me was one of the songs I really felt like skipping when I saw it on the tracklist but after a few listens I'm kinda hooked. It's a special kind of catchy as well as a bit cute and lighthearted.

Bravo Dima and Hi-NRG!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Nov 2013, 18:46

Why do so many people here love Dance Into the Fire? That chorus has some of the worst vocal work in any eurobeat track released in several years, almost as horrific as I'm Superstar. That's not to say Fabio Lione is always a bad singer; he seems totally at-home with his power metal band, Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire, and even eurobeat tracks that fit his operatic style, like Vision of Paradise and Dancin' in My Dreams. On such a run of the mill eurobeat tune such as Dance Into the Fire, however, his heavy use of vibrato is more of a detraction than anything else. The song begs for a clear, crisp, and on-tune lead performance, but Lione just turns the vocal melody into a gigantic wreck.
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Nov 2013, 19:39

#Infinity wrote:Why do so many people here love Dance Into the Fire? That chorus has some of the worst vocal work in any eurobeat track released in several years, almost as horrific as I'm Superstar. That's not to say Fabio Lione is always a bad singer; he seems totally at-home with his power metal band, Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire, and even eurobeat tracks that fit his operatic style, like Vision of Paradise and Dancin' in My Dreams. On such a run of the mill eurobeat tune such as Dance Into the Fire, however, his heavy use of vibrato is more of a detraction than anything else. The song begs for a clear, crisp, and on-tune lead performance, but Lione just turns the vocal melody into a gigantic wreck.
The vocals are the weakest part for me, but I do get old-school Powerful T vibes which is cool. What I like about it is the production - like I said, it's from the era when A-Beat C were at their strongest IMO. Each to their own though ;)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Nov 2013, 19:46

the_ditz wrote:like I said, it's from the era when A-Beat C were at their strongest IMO. Each to their own though ;)
This surprises me a lot because it clearly sounds like something that would have been brand new had it been released around the 120's, not the 150's or 160's. From what I recall, you're not a fan of A-Beat C during this era, before they adopted more eurodance-like qualities around the 140's and 150's?
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Nov 2013, 19:58

#Infinity wrote:
the_ditz wrote:like I said, it's from the era when A-Beat C were at their strongest IMO. Each to their own though ;)
This surprises me a lot because it clearly sounds like something that would have been brand new had it been released around the 120's, not the 150's or 160's. From what I recall, you're not a fan of A-Beat C during this era, before they adopted more eurodance-like qualities around the 140's and 150's?
Like I said in my brief comments, to me it shares similar qualities to Manuel and Neo's tracks from the 160's (I don't know when they were produced) - and you know how much I adore them! ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Nov 2013, 00:08

#Infinity
Why do so many people here love Dance Into the Fire? That chorus has some of the worst vocal work in any eurobeat track released in several years, almost as horrific as I'm Superstar.
It depends how you listen to it. He isn-t souding like that by error. He is purposely injecting that tone. I think he really stands out when he sings "I'll shake your body all nite looooong". Eurobeat has always been about the accents and special singing style of each vocalist. ABeatC in particular shines for its use of "Rock"style vocals. That line he sings tells meu without a doubt; that its Fabio. The rest of the song is classic ABeatC synth riff that we havn't heard in a while with a certified sing along chorus. How can you not love it?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 Nov 2013, 03:59

the_ditz wrote:Like I said in my brief comments, to me it shares similar qualities to Manuel and Neo's tracks from the 160's (I don't know when they were produced) - and you know how much I adore them! ;)
I absolutely love the Manuel and Neo songs from the 160's, too, but really? Aside from the synth at the end of the sample, how does an mostly non-syncopated, poorly sung, and relatively unenthusiastic effort like Dance Into the Fire possibly compete with something as timeless as No Control or I Was Born For Burning? Yes, some of the chorus rhythms are the same as the latter, but the implementation is a completely different story. Note the use of 'rhythms' and not 'melodies.'
drnrg wrote:It depends how you listen to it. He isn-t souding like that by error. He is purposely injecting that tone. I think he really stands out when he sings "I'll shake your body all nite looooong". Eurobeat has always been about the accents and special singing style of each vocalist. ABeatC in particular shines for its use of "Rock"style vocals. That line he sings tells meu without a doubt; that its Fabio. The rest of the song is classic ABeatC synth riff that we havn't heard in a while with a certified sing along chorus. How can you not love it?
The vibrato on 'long' is like the worst part of the chorus because for such a heavily emphasized note, it doesn't even sound in-key, much less in-tune. The synth is admittedly classic, but the chorus is an utter disaster, falling completely short of works more appropriately suited to Lione such as Eye of the Tiger, We Are the Children of Rock, and Dancin' in My Dreams.
Last edited by #Infinity on 21 Nov 2013, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Nov 2013, 04:07

Hi-Res cover for your MP3 rips folder:

Did this break your page? Hahaha.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Nov 2013, 05:05

Lebon14
Hi-Res cover for your MP3 rips folder
Almost shot a load when I saw the size of that :!: Its almost like holding a 12 inch vinyl size copy of the cd.

Now all someone needs to do is press the cd's content on vinyl and sell at limited quantities. Of course one must be reservede for me. 8)

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 21 Nov 2013, 11:06

drnrg wrote: Almost shot a load when I saw the size of that

Lord, don't let me post a picture of the infamous Milk Girl SEB cover.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Nov 2013, 20:04

The J. Storm song is a really refreshing entry, albeit being a bit on the odd side at the same time. Excellent sounds none the less and feels like the good old days. Bad Girl sounds way better as a CD release than the parapara preview we had sometime back. Not a shabby album all in all.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Nov 2013, 06:04

I'm trying to like this album but, beside Domino, Irene, J.Storm and Luke's tracks, I'm getting a hard time getting into it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Nov 2013, 07:23

eXtaticus
When the jungle is on fire, all the animals... SURVIVE?!

Damn, you can't second-guess eurobeat lyrics anymore, can you? XD
It says exactly that. remember Rizzi asks us the question? When the jungle is on fire do the animals survive or die? That's what that was all about. BTW, awesome song! among many.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Nov 2013, 20:22

Overall I think this is a very strong album.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Nov 2013, 20:57

Wataru Akiyama wrote:
drnrg wrote: Almost shot a load when I saw the size of that

Lord, don't let me post a picture of the infamous Milk Girl SEB cover.
Wherrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's the milk~? :3
[Edit: So THAT'S what the heart-emoticon updates to. Eugh.]
Last edited by zoupzuop2 on 24 Nov 2013, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.