Super Eurobeat 226

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Dec 2013, 18:19

the_ditz wrote:The three tracks that I will instantly skip without hesitation are Xmas Love, Mayday and Lady Speed Racer (generic as hell to my ears, with one of the wateriest and most pathetic synth hooks I've heard in ages!)
Say what? Lady Speed Racer's synth is one of my favorites in recent HRG history! The 16th syncopation is beautifully fluid, and it bounces off the hits on beat 1 of every other measure. I understand it doesn't have much melodic range, but it's so infectious anyway that it works in its own way. Also, how is the rest of the song "generic as hell"? The form has a lot of daring chord changes that are especially uncommon for HRG, and the chorus does a crafty job of alternating between the triplet-based vocal melody and synth riffs that cue back to the hook section.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Dec 2013, 01:11

eXtaticus
I'm going to do a micro-synopsis of each track, giving each of them a score out of ten (with graduations of 0.5).
I thoughroly enjoyed your review. The longer the better. 8)

BTW, I love flan, so you know where I stand on Mara Nell's Lady Speed Racer

#Infinity
The 16th syncopation is beautifully fluid, and it bounces off the hits on beat 1 of every other measure.
I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure its the reason I'm loving the track more and more with each listen :grin:

I edited my post to share a couple of things to show my appreciation for the great Eurobeat songs on SEB 226.

First I remixed the Domino track to give it an extended feel. I also de-hyped Domino's vocals. You'd be surprise how many notches I had to bring it down. I extened the intro a bit and then took it and made it into a break. I think I inserted it in a very apt part of the song. Finally I extended the outro just a bit. All came out to 5:45 mins. It certainly has it's flaws TIMEwise. I think I could have actually done better with two seperate vinyls of the song. :wink: Anyway, Audacity is not an exact science, but since I really enjoyed the song; I wanted to take it to the next level. The Dr. NRG level. Those who want can listen to it here.

http://soundcloud.com/dr-nrg/domino-bad-girl-dr-nrg

next I present new Vinyl art for two of my favourite songs on the compilation.

Mara Nell - Lady Speed Racer (HRG Attack)

and one for Matteo Rizzi's scrapbook.

Luke - Mayday (Delta)

Full Super Eurobeat 226 review is in the works

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Dec 2013, 19:31

The official trailer is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNEJP6qUtqA
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Dec 2013, 20:59

I love the way they fused the synth riff of Dance Into The Fire right fter Cactus Girl without using one of thier mini song intros. For a while it sounded like the riff really belonged to the song. Impressive and for once I was impressed. those previews are getting better. Now if only they could release them before the actual disc.

I actually also liked that live performance of Domino and Kaioh. He,s looking more and more like Dave. How aewsome was it that he sang Space Boy. :D Of course he also looks like he could be the lead singer of rock band,All- TIME Low. Domino was especially cheerful.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 05 Dec 2013, 23:14

Yay, the video isn't available in my country.<3 I love Germany for this. Whatever, tomorrow I'll have to try out thousands of proxies like last time, what an amusement. :D

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 06 Dec 2013, 01:08

I try to watch the trailer, but it just freezes at the beginning :/ bleh

Matteo Rizzi
Euro To B

Post by Matteo Rizzi » 07 Dec 2013, 20:22

@ drnrg : thankyou for Mayday image :D

A Gifts for fans who want to play, download here:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/aiRh ... B4rEUBhv6Q

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Dec 2013, 20:55

Thanks Mr.Rizzi. I'm an archivist at heart and I collect your gifs even if I do't play any instruments. :)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Dec 2013, 21:57

Matteo Rizzi
@ drnrg : thankyou for Mayday image
Thanks it means alot comming from fellow artist. At the moment Luke's new song is one of my favs.

Lebon14
I'm an archivist at heart
I love that word! Archivist. Sign me up. I'm either a bit behind or ahead of you in archivism. Its a way of life. 8)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 12 Dec 2013, 00:27

My copy of 226 finally has arrived. The package has got a nice sticker:
This item was returned to this office without any reason.
So, I got the album "only" twelve days later than forecasted.
Whatever, after two listenings my favorites by now are Dance Into The Fire, Angel, Fight, Love Is All Around Me, An Angel Right To Me and Xmas Love. However, this will change in a few days when I've listened to the album ten times and begin to really love/hate certain songs. :D Then, I'll write my little review.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 14 Jan 2014, 15:56

Well, pretty late, but I've promised to write a review.
Like in my recent reviews I'll rate with marks from 0 (worst) to 15 (best).

01 Domino - Bad Girl - 5/15
A few days/weeks (I don't know anymore) before 226 release this song has been uploaded on YouTube. The preview couldn't hook me, the extended song too. Domino made so great songs in the past (Play With The Numbers in order to mention a very old song) but her newer ones aren't as good as backward.

02 Irene - Dream Away - 8/15
A new Irene song, yeah! After I celebrated her last songs I was excited to listen to this one. This time the pitch isn't as high as on Lovely, I don't know if I like that style more or less. The song sounds nice after a few plays, but nothing special.

03 J. Storm - Dance Into The Fire - 12/15
My first thought when I've seen the tracklist: "Hooray, another "recycled" old A-Beat C song..." However, this time it's a male singer. The female singers of these old songs [s]this[/s] last year disappointed me so much. Hell, this intro. This voice. This aggressivenes. This (insert some music terms)! So good! I liiike it!

04 Mela - Hurry Hurry Hurry - 11/15
So, a new 3B release. Mela got me with Sandy on 204, so I expected much. Previously, I've only listened to the Juno preview, not to the whole song. The song didn't disappointed me, it's a good, typical 3B song. I wouldn't say 3B is my favorite label but almost each song of them got me. But compared to Sandy, it's not that good.

05 Nathalie & Roberta - Angel - 13/15
SinclaireStyle did so many great submissions in this decade, so this one too. Well, I don't really like the intro but the song itself is pretty good. The combination of Nathalie and Roberta is excellent.

06 Rich Hard - Fight - 10/15
After Blue was such a great song, I had a good feeling with that song while I was waiting for this SEB. Sadly, this song can't reach Blue in any ways. Luckily, it isn't bad too. Maybe I'm just expecting too much after great releases. I wasn't hyped for Blue after Wild Boys.

07 J-Stark - The Jungle Is On Fire - 9/15
Both Jungle and Fire are words which almost automatically say: "Look, this song is a good one!" Yeah, it's a good song but... I don't know what to say... (<- best reviewer of the world. lolnope)

08 Ultraviolet - Love Is All Around Me - 15/15
"ULTRAVIOLET!" My first thought when I've seen the tracklist. Ultraviolet has such a beatiful voice. After I fell in love with her Moonlight Hero I was more than hyped for this song. And I couldn't be disappointed. DimaMusic, let me say, with Ultraviolet you got a very talented singer and I wish that you'll produce many, many, many more songs with her!
^Good review about the song. Hm. As I said, I love her voice. The melody fits. Well done.

09 Jeff Driller - Cactus Girl - 6/15
Hi-NRG Attack in their best discipline: songs with crazy titles and nonsense. Sadly, this song nerves me a little bit, so I skip it almost every time it begins to play.

10 Mara Nell - Lady Speed Racer - 9/15
Next HRG song. Now we've got a race-themed one. And this one sounds so much better than Cactus Girl. The song remembers me of a song on "Ganguro Parapara All Stars", but I don't know which one. Not bad.

11 Norma Sheffield feat. Futura - Take A Chance On Me - 5/15
Oh no, another Norma song. Wait, what? This time no old one? A new song with Futura? Could be interesting. Well, it's much better than the last Norma entries on SEB. But still, her voice (and the voice of Futura). I skip it most times.

12 Luke - Mayday - 8/15
Well, what can I say? The song's nice but again, nothing special. On this SEB, Delta couldn't impress me much.

13 Bliss - An Angel Right To Me - 14/15
But Bliss could impress me! Her debut song nerved me with every play "more and more" (wow, what a word play...). This time she flashed me with this hit! My second-favorite song on this album.

14 David Dima - Bad Love - 9/15
Another generic David Dima song. It's not great and not bad. Just good. What I like about this song: in conflict with "normal" Eurobeat songs, this one is about an ended love and the woman shall disappear from Davids life. This matched with me a little bit because I'vre read the lyrics short time after a girl turned me down.

15 SinclaireStyle All Stars - Xmas Love - 13/15
Christmas is over. I can't hear/see anything anymore that somehow concerns to Holy Night. However, this doesn't get to affect my rating. The collaboration of all the SS stars works fine, the melody sounds great. One of the best Eurobeat Christmas songs.

So, this was my unconstructive review. All in all, 226 was a solid album. But compared to the last five SEBs, it belongs to the lower half.
My personal Ranking List of 2013's SEBs:
#01 - 224
#02 - 223
#03 - 221
#04 - 226
#05 - 225
#06 - 222